Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) (73641 Views)

ATM Scam: New Technique Used By Fraudsters To Get Victims Card Details (VIDEO) / 2 Young Ladies Fighting in class, panties exposed, video goes viral (Photos) / New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Unrated900(m): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2019
You need to be smart in all ramifications of life

A friend of mine got to Canada for the first time

He missed his way and was asking the way forward from other passenger on ground never knew his passport carrying his VISA has been inter-changed by the so called man that wan help.

Thanks to CC footage camera

Let’s be smart.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2019
landforeast:
Some of this security attached to the banks don't know their job. It isbtheit job to offer that help not a customer. Be once you a not among people that will give them money they will throw their face to the good wall. Banks should lookninto this because we still have many Illiterate and unexposed people in Nigeria whonare falling victim of such scam on daily basics.

Don't say that! They are overworked, there's a First Bank in my area with not more than 3 security men.
The door needs to be opened, someone needs to direct vehicles to pack well, someone needs to be at the gate, someone needs to be in their office, then ATM. How?
At times, one person will go on break, so, they can only do what they can do.
One was complaining to me once when I called him, he was opening the door and directing vehicles at the car park at the same time.
You don't expect him to leave the gate to assist you on ATM.
UBA is the worst! I went to one branch like that, no security men at the door, so, no scanning of anything before entry. The door has been made to open to anybody without restrictions, just imagine! I entered into the bank, there was barely anyone to ask questions.
To my greatest shock, customers stamp tellers by themselves. If you don't know how to do it, na you sabi! Fellow customers had to be helping new customers to stamp tellers before you throw it into their so called Ballot box.
They are short of personnel!
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by mixta140: 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2019
Oh!!! No
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Hoodbilonia: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
Theres 1 thing i always give ppl esp at the ATM.

Fucking space
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
cucumbae:
An intelligent person will know.After he has assisted you and he swap your ATM card thereafter,check the ATM card and see if your name is on the card.If it is not raise an alarm immediately. Every ATM card has the name of the owner written on it.

I was complaining about this to First Bank when I went to renew my card. The card was issued without name on it, I asked why?
They said the machine is faulty and I shall have to wait for one month if I want my name on it.
I asked if I should bring it back after one month for the name, they said a name can no longer be printed on it after issuing. What if it gets mixed up? I was asked to go and look for a Marker to inscribe my name on it. I was shocked!
She might be with such a card, No name!
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Hoodbilonia: 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
Customers stamp sellers themselves
Like really
Does that uba branch have a vault
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Don't say that! They are overworked, there's a First Bank in my area with not more than 3 security men.
The door needs to be opened, someone needs to direct vehicles to pack well, someone needs to be at the gate, someone needs to be in their office, then ATM. How?
At times, one person will go on break, so, they can only do what they can do.
One was complaining to me once when I called him, he was opening the door and directing vehicles at the car park at the same time.
You don't expect him to leave the gate to assist you on ATM.
UBA is the worst! I went to one branch like that, no security men at the door, so, no scanning of anything before entry. The door has been made to open to anybody without restrictions, just imagine! I entered into the bank, there was barely anyone to ask questions.
To my greatest shock, customers stamp tellers by themselves. If you don't know how to do it, na you sabi! Fellow customers had to be helping new customers to stamp tellers before you throw it into their so called Ballot box.
They are short of personnel!

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Customers stamp sellers themselves
Like really
Does that uba branch have a vault

The thing weak me o! What about entering with anything without restrictions?
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by ManTiger(m): 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 17, 2019
I'm very angry right now. It happened so fast, she couldn't say no to his offer of assistance.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by DameB(f): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
whirlwind7:

I should feel some compassion for the victim, right? But watching this, I feel anger instead.
I'm angry with her...I mean, how could you just relax and allow a total stranger to take charge of the transaction you were trying to do in a public space? All this, without you asking for his help, especially with something sensitive as finance and personal details?

See, those crooks assess your appearance before they decide to make a move or not. She looked like a bimbo. Easy prey!

Some individuals are always quick to hand over tasks (no matter how trivial) to others to do... Particularly ladies, they love it when people "help" them... What stopped her from learning how to use the ATM as soon as she received that card?

Learning should never stop no matter how mundane the task.... There's a parable that says "wetin pesin look comot eye nai others dey take pass am"

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by whatmoreng: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
Parada:
How about trying not to be foolish for a weekend ?! Am sure you can do it, APC is a scared where did the cursed God forsaken PDP leave Nigeria after 16 years of unrelenting massacre ? Is Igbo land no longer a shithole every living thing want to escape from after 20 plus years of cursed PDP ?

You are the one that need the advise. Please try not to be fooolish n shallow at the same time. So anyone against APC is pro PDP or igbo?
Come to think of it? You cant even begin to compare PDP government to what we have to day. World headquarter of the poorest people on earth, no thanks to ur party.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Kingpee2(m): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
SEGLIZ:

you have actually made my day.
keep increasing in wisdom and knowledge.
thanks fam.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by israelmao(m): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
If I am making a withdrawal the look on my face will not even allow to come close.If you ask me, "ls it working or paying?"I will only answer you after a long silence this is way,"You can wait for your turn I just arrived".
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by luminouz(m): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2019
starbuck:
I can never fall for this scam undecided undecided... The Igbo blood in me no dey allow me joke with money matters
Wetin concern Igbo blood and scam here now! undecided

I have not eaten today,no make me slap you senseless o undecided

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by maasoap(m): 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
whatmoreng:
Am surprised that APC UK Twitter is posting interesting and meaningful stuffs.
After all said n done. this is the exact scam APC government has subjected us to.

Politics kills you there, PDP e-rat. Instead of you to be grateful, you're surprised. Ediot
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by spirul77: 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
APC scam enlightening people about scam, ironing of life.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by sunboy(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
landforeast:
Some of this security attached to the banks don't know their job. It isbtheit job to offer that help not a customer. Be once you a not among people that will give them money they will throw their face to the good wall. Banks should lookninto this because we still have many Illiterate and unexposed people in Nigeria whonare falling victim of such scam on daily basics.

They are just security men, and it’s not their job to assist. What if they don’t even know how to use it themself ?? He’s being trained and paid to secure the place.

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by whatmoreng: 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
maasoap:

Politics kills you there, PDP e-rat. Instead of you to be grateful, you're surprised. Ediot
APC e-goat. We have noticed you.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2019
WalkerMichael:
This is 2019. Why shouldnt anyone know how to use the MACHINE YET?

Why collect the card if you can't use the ATM?

Nawa for some Nigerians!

Modified: the lady in the video even looks so young - should be under 25 at most. How could she have given her card to a TOTAL STRANGER Or even allowed a stranger use the machine for her? I don't know what to call this.
oga 4get dat tin. There is always a first time in everything, I could remember how nervous i was the first day i tried using the atm, some you wil need a help, hav u ever tried withdrawing money from the atm and ur money got debited but the atm gave u 1000, when u wanted 5000 , guy u just have raise alarm u learn everyday.
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by zamanii: 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
I honestly don't get this video.
1. How did he know the Bank ATM card the victim would come with? I mean, it could be a first bank ATM machine and the victim comes with an access bank card to withdraw.
2. She stared at the card for a while before inserting it in the machine, what was she staring at since she didn't realize her card had been swapped?
3. She turned to look around, what was she looking for? I thought she had realized the scam and was going to scream for help
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Realboygenius(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
We all should be careful
I saw the video on VSkit this morning.

Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by IamCharles123: 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
She nor wise na how person take change ur atm card for ur present
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
whatmoreng:
Am surprised that APC UK Twitter is posting interesting and meaningful stuffs.
After all said n done. this is the exact scam APC government has subjected us to.
undecided
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by naijajobx: 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2019
Oh
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by whatmoreng: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
IronPant:

So PDP government no scam us
Hmmm

I no be PDP member. But if PDP bin scam us, so therefore its ok for APC to "rescam" us?
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
whatmoreng:

I no be PDP member. But if PDP bin scam us, so therefore its ok for APC to "rescam" us?

They are both wrong..
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by aytigidz433(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
There are certain things I'd never do at an atm
* never offer aid, cos las las if na scam na u dem go catch
* transfer funds from a stranger's account to mine cos if e cast na my account dem go freeze

My own na to carry face after all na onlyme waka come literally and figuratively wink
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by higgs: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
[ATM is a 24 hours self service.As a customer,if You don't know how to use the machine, You can ask the bank staff or security for assistance.quote author=landforeast post=81323141]Some of this security attached to the banks don't know their job. It isbtheit job to offer that help not a customer. Be once you a not among people that will give them money they will throw their face to the good wall. Banks should lookninto this because we still have many Illiterate and unexposed people in Nigeria whonare falling victim of such scam on daily basics.[/quote]
Re: ATM Scam Caught On Camera, Goes Viral (photos) by MetaPhysical: 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2019
chiommy123:
I think to reduce this its better the bank staffs assist than just any body cos we'll definitely need help at some point

You should never need help at atm. Never!

Atm either has money or it doesnt, period!

If it doesnt...waka! If it does collect your cash, then waka!

I do not have sympathy for this lady at all.

When i use atm i tell boys to give me space....and they might grumble but they dare not argue my request. I rarely use atm but when i do i am in a mindset ready for armed confrontation. Its simple! There is a good reason dog's loud bark and fangs scares....if you are man go to atm looking like a bulldog and if na woman show up looking like a cobra.

This victim came looking like chicken. Of course she was snatched by a gaddem cunning fox!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Felix Onu: Obituary Of Trader Shot Dead In Ladipo Market (Photos) / 2 Ritualists Caught With A Corpse In Ijebu, Brutalized By Vigilante (Graphic Pic / ABU Student, Aisha Abdulganiyu Is Alive, Didn't Commit Suicide - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.