Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,477 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out (20750 Views)

Peremobowei Tukuwei Dies In Boat Accident / Panic Hits Lagos Posh Areas, As Bandits Kidnap 6 In 24 Hrs - Tribune / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by agwom(m): 5:42am On Aug 17, 2019
Wife Of Hero Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries: ‘rivers Gov’t Hasn’t Kept Promises

Mrs. Blessing Blackson is the wife of late Joe Blackson, who saved 13 passengers, but lost his life during a boat accident that claimed the lives of six persons, in July last year. One year after his death, the family of the unsung hero still misses their bread winner dearly.

Daily Trust: How has it been since the death of your husband?

Mrs. Blessing Blackson: Life has not been the same since I lost my husband. It has not been easy, especially because he was the father of the family and our breadwinner. His death has created a big vacuum in the family. All the same, we thank God for keeping us alive and for sustaining us.

DT: A few days after his death, the Rivers State governor promised automatic employment for you and also to take care of the children’s education. Have these promises been fulfilled?

Blackson: No. Nothing has been done. The promises haves not been fulfilled. DT: Why? Blackson: I don’t know. But I know that the governor is a good man and noted for keeping his promises. He is a very busy man and may have forgotten but I know that God will touch his heart to fulfill the promises made to this family.

DT: Have you made inquiries on why the promise is yet to be fulfilled?

Blackson: I have tried on my own to reach out to the government on this matter but nothing has happened yet. I have written letters which were addressed to the Chairman of Degema Local Government Council. I was also advised to meet the Head of Service. I tried severally but nothing has come my way. However, I was able to meet the Deputy Governor who advised me to write another letter to the governor on the promise. I have written the letter and the Deputy Governor promised to follow it up.

DT: I learnt that you set up a foundation in honour of your late husband

Blackson: Yes, I set up a foundation, as well as a swimming academy, which was launched on the 29th of last month to commemorate the one year anniversary of my husband’s death. The foundation is to teach both children and adults the rudiments of swimming in order to prevent what happened to my husband happening to others. I have started a process for the project but I need fund to implement it. I am working towards building an Olympic size swimming pool for the academy. I want to appeal to the state to come to our aid by fulfilling all the promises made to the family. My daughter will start school in September and I need fund to enroll her in school and also sustain my family.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/wife-of-hero-who-died-saving-6-in-boat-mishap-cries-rivers-govt-hasnt-kept-promises.html

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Japsylee: 6:23am On Aug 17, 2019
Please lalasticlala push this to front page.
This hero's family deserves all the assistance it can get.

FTC !!
Dedicated to this wonderful human being and hero that paid the supreme price!!!!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Authority1o1(m): 10:38am On Aug 17, 2019
Reminds me of the popular 'die for nigerian at your own peril' quote.
A man sacrificed his dear life for others and nothing has been done to repay his bereaved family.
A stupid,unconcerned,inhumame and non-chalant gov. Wike steps forward and makes an unfulfiled promise just to calm tensions and make people see him as a compassionate man.
Must all politicians be cruel?
Must one be so heartless to become a politician?
Afterall the bereaved is not your son.
God will will surely repay his family for his kind gestures.
Sorry for the loss.I TRULY wish I could help.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Opinedecandid(m): 10:38am On Aug 17, 2019
That's the Nigerian Govt for you.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Koralords: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2019
Nigeria where it takes less than a week to forget heroes

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Simplyleo: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2019
With this her outcry, very sure the appropriate authority will soon locate her for neccessary action.

Thanks to social media.

This reminds me of that little girl in zamfara that treks about 8km to school daily and later got assistance when her case went viral on social media.

Hopefully, same will be your case by God's grace.

Such a beautiful family.

7 Likes

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by careytommy37(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2019
What will it cost Wike to employ this woman?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2019
Die for Nigeria at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Paulword123(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2019
Something should be done ASAP
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by adontcare(f): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2019
Promise and fail every where. I suspect Even the General Elemele wife have not been given a dime. Gov wike should stop promising without the intention of redeeming his promises. High hope all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by superlanny(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2019
even as patriotic as i am, am sorry to say this, its not worth it to die for Nigeria, but the cause the man died for is worth emulating, its more better to die saving life's than to die for the Nigerian cause, Many Nigerians are selfish, proud and unrepentant, thats why you can never see me at any sort of protest.

11 Likes

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2019
Nigeria doesn't know how to honor great people only the corrupt ones..I pray this reaches rivers government.. And please let her be given a good parasratal not ministry .he saved lives for Goodness's sske the least u can do is make His kids comfortable

SHE DIDNT ASK FOR MONEY SHE ASKED FOR JOB SO WHAT IS THE DELAY ABOUT ..BUT THEY KNOE HOW TO GIVE THEIR KIDS BIG PARASTATALS MSCHEEW

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by AllenSpencer: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2019
Mr. Substandard project is busy looting.

This is the last tenure. No time. He needs to loot big and barely has time.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Auxtin85(m): 10:41am On Aug 17, 2019
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by shege45: 10:41am On Aug 17, 2019
After they would say we should be patriotic
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Akuchaser: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2019
the woman is beautiful

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by DAutoDiagnosis: 10:42am On Aug 17, 2019
God bless and provide for your family mam.

Your husband was a hero cry

Must have diagnostic tool for every car owner: Get one today, and stop doing trial and error fixes. Infact, if you dont want, buy for your Kazeem/Chinedu/Ahmed

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Kendumazy(m): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2019
Lots of unsung heroes and unfulfilled promises to them. May God be with you and make the journey an easy one for you.

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check link below for more details.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Fashola4421: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2019
Really
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Emily22(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2019
I don't like to say this but it's the reality

Nigerians are not worth dying for...

I was expecting her to say that the survivors helped her a lot but she did not mention it i.e even the ones the husband saved did not help her talkless of the government..

In your next life,tell Ur husband James bond na fake o......

Think of your family first before taking drastic actions

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2019
When you have a good person as a Governor, the people that he surrounds himself with or his representatives will want to frustrate his good efforts by working against his good plans. They will smile when he is initiating it but will ensure its execution becomes a failure. The case of this woman is an example

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by millhouse: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2019
I think calling more on the public than relying on the govt will get the dream of the foundation running in good time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by point5: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2019
Innocent family..wicked Nigerian government,,they should nt have promised her anything instead of keeping her waiting this long,,if na BBnija winner now,,dey for don invite am give am one big brown envelope..

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by descartes400: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2019
In Nigeria, I don't intend to play hero at the expense of self or family.

If me and my girlfriend dey waka for street and Ekuke bark and charge at us, I will run with Usain Bolt dexterity before I even realise a babe was with me. undecided in so doing, I have been able to save my self for a future family tongue

Don't over play heroism.

4 Likes

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2019
Shame on the gov't for making empty promises and abandoning his family.

That man deserves to be honored [name a street or something after him in his memory] and the family he left behind taken care of financially.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by obashiakpu(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2019
River State government should do something urgent to save this woman and the beautiful kids.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
Die for Nigeria at your own risk.
He didn't die for Nigeria! He died for humanity!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Kingsley Moghalu Supporters In Northern Nigeria / Team Change: Before It Is Too Late - Japheth Omojuwa. / What Nigeria Will Look Like In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.