Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Adam and the average man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adam and the average man (809 Views)

The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite / What Number Of Children Is Advisable For Average Nigerian Couples / I Am Now Begging The Shock For The Death Of A Boy That I Do Not Know From Adam T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adam and the average man by TOXTOX: 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2010
We always blame Adam for accepting the "forbiden fruit" from his wife. We forget that all of us consciously or otherwise have accepted forbiden fruits from our wifes at a particular time or others. You don't agree with me? Have you ever yielded to your wife's selfish demand (e.g not to offer help to a particular person for reasons best known to her)?

Put youself in Adam's shoes, your Eve has just offered you a good looking and fresh fruit (demand/advice) - what will you do?
Re: Adam and the average man by kokoye(m): 4:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
Who d hell is Adam . .what does he have to do with the decisions in my family
Re: Adam and the average man by TOXTOX: 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
KOKOYE - You are the Adam. What will you do to your Eve is the question?
Re: Adam and the average man by kokoye(m): 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2010
lol

I will think about her suggestion. We will sit down and discuss the upsides and downsides together and hopefully come to a reasonable conclusion.

But if I decide her choice is not the best for the household and she insists, that is when I put my foot down - that is why the Lord made me the head and not the tail.  . .we realise women can be emitional in making decisions at times. The tend to think short-time while we think long-term at times.

My wife wanted to change our son's day care cos she felt they were not helping with his potty-traning process. I told her the little boy was not ready and changing his school would not help in anyway. She tried to influence my decision with blackmail and tears (like they always do at times  cheesy) but of course I stood my ground since I knew what I said was right.

Our son started using the potty on his own just a few weeks later. I reminded her about the fight we had over this a few weeks back. Guess what her response was? :  Is that not why you are the man and the head? . . you simply did what you were supposed to

Your wife will respect you when she knows your decisions are always for the good of the family.

Now there are also a lot of decisions she's made that have been implemented. She is my partner in progress.

Hope this helps.
Re: Adam and the average man by TOXTOX: 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2010
Good KOKOYE. But you will agree with me that sometimes you shift your ground - to make peace not so?
Re: Adam and the average man by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2010
^^^ And the woman doesn't?
Re: Adam and the average man by kokoye(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2010
TOXTOX:

Good KOKOYE. But you will agree with me that sometimes you shift your ground - to make peace not so?

Of course I do. For peace to reign.

But if her suggestion is going to have an adverse effect on the long run, it aint happening.

That is why the person you marry matters. Your wife must be able to trust your decisions.

But you must earn that trust. . . not demand it.

(1) (Reply)

Is There Hope For The Baren (childless Homes)? / Uncle Bens Rice For Family And Easter / Which Is Worst?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.