Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

To the atheist, what do you think? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To the atheist, what do you think? (4453 Views)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2019
I believe there is God, the one who created all things my premise is that nothing can exist without something acting to bring it to existence, even science supports this.

I believe from my observation of the material universe that the creator must have intelligence because for example man which is very complex cannot be by accident but by a delibrate design.

what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by johnydon22(m): 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
I believe there is God, the one who created all things my premise is that nothing can exist without something acting to bring it to existence, even science supports this.
Doesn't this premisw suggest that God too must then require something acting to bring it into existence since God is something and your premise says Nothing can exist except caused

I believe from my observation of the material universe that the creator must have intelligence because for example man which is very complex cannot be by accident but by a delibrate design.

what do you think?
How do you recognize design?

7 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:

what do you think?

Many Nairaland Atheist don’t usually see it the way u ar seeing it.... it’s usually an insulting contest for them with strength drawn from bible stories of snakes and donkeys. I’m not sure why this is but I think many..not all... are raised from christains homes, they have one time or another prayed and expect it to work similar to a cash-loaded ATM machine when u slot ur card...

Once you don’t support the idea of atheism, they automatically assume u believe in a sky-daddy watching u to see if u will masturbatee or tell a lie so he can throw u into eternal fire...lol

a lot of them justify riches owned by unbelievers as proof God doesn’t exist, some hold on to death of loved ones, and death of other people in the world as proof that if God existed such shouldn’t happen:another bible-drawn premise of “love” as God’s quality which should automatically not allow his creation to die if he loves them...

Some are actually learned and I enjoy conversation with a alot of them, they could use a little physics, philosophy, logic and a little biology and some form of chemistry to explain some mechanism of operation of phenomenon in the universe.... but that’s just the “how”... we’ve yet to unravel the why...
Science is very good at one thing...explaining and operating on template. It knows how to wow us with “the HOW” alot... but it’s the “WHY” that’s actually more mind engaging...
yeah, darkness happening in mid-day is just the moon coming between the earth and the sun... well that’s a cool explanation.... but why is it happening?

even science supports that nothing just jumps out of nothing, there’s no random, mistake....from evolution of tiny bacteria to a multi-drug resistant specie..to the ontogenesis of a baby in the womb to plane taking off from Africa and landing in Australia, there’s no mistake...nothing is just random..there’s always an intent, even if it was a mistaken explosion in a lab like tri-cyclic-acetone.. someone was still making something....just to add an explosion in the printing press couldn’t come with a 2000page engineering mathematics textbook..

there’s always intelligence behind an intelligent-design and the world is one beautifully, connected, crafted design...but atheist don’t see it this way

4 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by finalboss(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:

what do you think?
. sad still the same thing.

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:

what do you think?

Look up virtual particles.

2 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by frank317: 6:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:

what do you think?

What exactly is the use of this believe in actualizing ur daily goals?

4 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
johnydon22:
Doesn't this premisw suggest that God too must then require something acting to bring it into existence since God is something and your premise says Nothing can exist except caused

your view of God is wrong, that is where you are getting it wrong.
the biblical God is not subject to the laws of physics, he created it but he was not created.
It makes sense because if God is not created we cant define him by whatever rules binding on the creation example according to physical laws anything subject to physical laws must have an otigin but God is not.

How do you recognize design?

If you see a car parked in a garage, how do you know it was design? the sincere answer to this question is my answer to yours.

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2019
frank317:

What exactly is the use of this believe in actualizing ur daily goals?
I believe based on God's word.
because God is not subject to the physical laws, you can only know him on its own terms.

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
LordReed:

Look up virtual particles.
whats up on virtual particles
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
finalboss:
. sad still the same thing.
what is you are looking at it in the wrong way?

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
because God is not subject to the physical laws, you can only know him on its own terms.
If someone claimed they believe the universe was created by Oniwiginije because they read it in the 'Profound Book of the Creation of All Things According to Oniwiginije' that Oniwiginije created all things, would you accept it is true?

But that is not the issue here. The issue is you thinking your belief proves the existence of the Lord God Almighty as if God is a creation of your mind, when the Lord God Almighty stands whether you believe or not, and your thinking God, who is said to have created humans in God's own image, would not be subject to laws its creation is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by obinna58(m): 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:

what do you think?
You believe in possibilities of God that ok but I hope you don't push more further to believing in what God want you to do without revealing itself, don't be a stupid believer, whether God exist or not it doesn't change anything, does it?

3 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Many Nairaland Atheist don’t usually see it the way u ar seeing it.... it’s usually an insulting contest for them with strength drawn from bible stories of snakes and donkeys. I’m not sure why this is but I think many..not all... are raised from christains homes, they have one time or another prayed and expect it to work similar to a cash-loaded ATM machine when u slot ur card...

Once you don’t support the idea of atheism, they automatically assume u believe in a sky-daddy watching u to see if u will masturbatee or tell a lie so he can throw u into eternal fire...lol

a lot of them justify riches owned by unbelievers as proof God doesn’t exist, some hold on to death of loved ones, and death of other people in the world as proof that if God existed such shouldn’t happen:another bible-drawn premise of “love” as God’s quality which should automatically not allow his creation to die if he loves them...

Some are actually learned and I enjoy conversation with a alot of them, they could use a little physics, philosophy, logic and a little biology and some form of chemistry to explain some mechanism of operation of phenomenon in the universe.... but that’s just the “how”... we’ve yet to unravel the why...
Science is very good at one thing...explaining and operating on template. It knows how to wow us with “the HOW” alot... but it’s the “WHY” that’s actually more mind engaging...
yeah, darkness happening in mid-day is just the moon coming between the earth and the sun... well that’s a cool explanation.... but why is it happening?

even science supports that nothing just jumps out of nothing, there’s no random, mistake....from evolution of tiny bacteria to a multi-drug resistant specie..to the ontogenesis of a baby in the womb to plane taking off from Africa and landing in Australia, there’s no mistake...nothing is just random..there’s always an intent, even if it was a mistaken explosion in a lab like tri-cyclic-acetone.. someone was still making something....just to add an explosion in the printing press couldn’t come with a 2000page engineering mathematics textbook..

there’s always intelligence behind an intelligent-design and the world is one beautifully, connected, crafted design...but atheist don’t see it this way

yeap, @ bolded that is what atheist should ponder on.
the HOW is not the issue but the WHY.

the contradiction of atheist is God himself.
If God exist he cannot be explained by science else he is no longer God.
If God cannot be explined by science hence there must be another way.

Jesus said he is the way, truth and life.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

the explanation for reason of existence and life itself lies in Jesus.

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2019
obinna58:

You believe in possibilities of God that ok but I hope you don't push more further to believing in what God want you to do without revealing itself, don't be a stupid believer, whether God exist or not it doesn't change anything, does it?
yes If God exist, it changes everything.
If a man discovers he has a father somewhere doesn't it change something about him?

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
budaatum:

If someone claimed they believe the universe was created by Oniwiginije because they read it in the 'Profound Book of the Creation of All Things According to Oniwiginije' that Oniwiginije created all things, would you accept it is true?
I would love to know the truth of it but If already knew the truth, I will dismiss it as false

But that is not the issue here. The issue is you thinking your belief proves the existence of the Lord God Almighty as if God is a creation of your mind, when the Lord God Almighty stands whether you believe or not, and your thinking God, who is said to have created humans in God's own image, would not be subject to laws its creation is.
It is not just my belief but the reality. look up at the heavens and you will know there is God.
The bible speaks the truth, even before I read the bible I knew there was a being that made all things and when I read the bible it gave me answers.
Try it also

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by frank317: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:

What exactly is the use of this believe in achieving ur daily goal... If u don't understand the question do not bother to answer with off point
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2019
frank317:

What exactly is the use of this believe in achieving ur daily goal... If u don't understand the question do not bother to answer with off point
ok you care only about your daily goals.
you eat and drink tommorow you die right? bro life is more than this

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by obinna58(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
yes If God exist, it changes everything.
If a man discovers he has a father somewhere doesn't it change something about him?
Haven't discovered, more like if a man knows he probably has a father somewhere, doesn't change anything?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
whats up on virtual particles

Look it up, you'll find out.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
LordReed:

Look it up, you'll find out.
how does it disprove op

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
obinna58:

Haven't discovered, more like if a man knows he probably has a father somewhere, doesn't change anything?
yes he will seek to find out

1 Like

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by MrPresident1: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Atheists are actually very stupid people. Extremely stupid people.

2 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
how does it disprove op

Have you looked it up?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by johnydon22(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:

your view of God is wrong, that is where you are getting it wrong.
the biblical God is not subject to the laws of physics, he created it but he was not created.
It makes sense because if God is not created we cant define him by whatever rules binding on the creation example according to physical laws anything subject to physical laws must have an otigin but God is not.
lol.

Your premise: Nothing can exist without being caused

Second premise: God is something (hence not nothing)

Therefore, God can't exist without being caused.

This is not my doing, this is an implication of your syllogism.

If God can exist without being caused then that refutes your initial position that nothing can exist without being caused.

You see how your argument and your belief are self refuting?

If you see a car parked in a garage, how do you know it was design? the sincere answer to this question is my answer to yours.
I take it that you don't know then?

Cus that is the only explanation to why you would ask someone the exact same question they asked you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by obinna58(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
yes he will seek to find out
Hahahaha absolutely, that's why we need scientific research

You can't seek to find by just beliefs, can you?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by frank317: 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2019
solite3:
ok you care only about your daily goals.
you eat and drink tommorow you die right? bro life is more than this

U believe in a creator and suddenly life is more than this. I don't get it. Dude u just believe in a creator, don't go insinuating things u don't know. How does believing in a creator show that life is more than this? Does believing in a creator give u super power to know things?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 2:59am On Aug 18, 2019
solite3:

It is not just my belief but the reality. look up at the heavens and you will know there is God.
The bible speaks the truth, even before I read the bible I knew there was a being that made all things and when I read the bible it gave me answers.
Try it also
Its called confirmation bias. You want what you believe to be true so you believe it and its true.

Tempts me to ask how old you are. I know a five year old who would tell you aren't reasoning right.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by hopefulLandlord: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2019
1StopRudeness:
a lot of them justify riches owned by unbelievers as proof God doesn’t exist
This is biased, a gross misrepresentation of the argument.

Theists, especially Christians present their being rich as proof the Jewish god exists. This led to atheists countering that with their being wealthy also a proof god does not exist.

You dishonestly ignored the first and presented the counter like it were an original argument

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Sheunma:
Buda, in christianity you do not reason with your mind and think with your brain. Matter of fact, you dispense completely with your brains and mind and submit your neck to the leach of the holy spirit for guidance and directions at all times.
It was with great restraint that I did not rip into Sheunma more than I did when the above was said, but I now feel I must go back and apologise for not restraining myself more with what is seeming like the complete dispensation of tbe brain and the mind but also the lack of holy spirit guidance by some so called Christians.

Below is my response.

budaatum:

No! You are in error! Christianity, or shall I say, my own understanding of scripture does not advocate what you have above!

It is in fact written that if God gives me a mind to reason and a brain to think and I refuse to use them as you suggest, even the little that I am given will be taken away from me and I will [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+2%3A41-52&version=NIV]be[/url] "worthless, outside in the darkness weeping and gnashing my teeth."

Don't make me have to go back and apologise and accept Sheunma was correct and you, "Matter of fact, dispense completely with your brains and mind and submit your neck" to stupidity!
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

This is biased, a gross misrepresentation of the argument.

Theists, especially Christians present their being rich as proof the Jewish god exists. This led to atheists countering that with their being wealthy also a proof god does not exist.

You dishonestly ignored the first and presented the counter like it were an original argument

Dishonest??you funny man..there’s no prize to win here neither a medal to take home.....
my observations are summaries, u are the one that picked one and biasely expanded it to justify the atheism claim...first of,I don’t think Christians claim being rich is exclusive to serving God.. it can’t be cos the Bible christians reference clearly points out God blesses all his creation(math 5v45) and as for riches seed time and harvest is standard for everyone(Gen 8v22)..
Perhaps, You atheist are the one assuming that a Christian claimed God blessed him authomatically means a non-Christian getting blessed shouldn’t be possible.....isn’t that fallacy?? Cos I don’t think it’s written anywhere that riches are exclusive to any one...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
LordReed:

Have you looked it up?
yes still I dont get how it affects op
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
johnydon22:

lol.

Your premise: Nothing can exist without being caused

Second premise: God is something (hence not nothing)

Therefore, God can't exist without being caused.

This is not my doing, this is an implication of your syllogism.

If God can exist without being caused then that refutes your initial position that nothing can exist without being caused.

You see how your argument and your belief are self refuting?

I take it that you don't know then?

Cus that is the only explanation to why you would ask someone the exact same question they asked you.
God is not included because God didn't come into existence but he is self existent.
my argument is based on physical phenomena

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Caught With Another Woman / OAP Freeze Abuses Pastor Adeboye: They Don’t Read The Bible, They Only Brainwash / Salve Regina ( Hail Holy Queen ) In Audio And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.