Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,863 members, 7,828,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

To the atheist, what do you think? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To the atheist, what do you think? (4510 Views)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 1:23am On Aug 22, 2019
johnydon22:
Would he be right then to assume the universe began to exist?

Lol. This doesn't say anything, this is like saying, by cup i mean anything that is a cup.

How do you recognize something that can't emerge by chance?

What are the qualities observed that connote design?
Oho! You see? Cups.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 27, 2019
frank317:

God described in the bible purely man made, there no prove he is real
what type of proof do you need
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:13am On Aug 27, 2019
LordReed:

Did you see where they said they can pop into existence in a vacuum?
what is your definition of vacuum
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 27, 2019
johnydon22:
Actually there isn't.

The Big bang accounts for expansion of a singularity (cosmic atom) doesn't account for the origin of the atom that expanded (it could be eternal) So, No. Your assumption that there is evidence that the universe has a beginning is false.

Secondly, the Big Bang isn't in fact a scientific conclusion at the moment, it is still subject to debate with another alternate theory of an everlasting cyclical universe in equal consideration by cosmologists

And what stops the universe from doing thusly considering the new information i furnished you with above?
check there is evidence that the universe has an origin.
The singularity theory is just an attempt to explain its origin.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:25am On Aug 27, 2019
budaatum:

Somehow, I expect you to claim all bank robbers are atheists. It would be the sort of lazy statement you'd make!

Did we not send you to school to learn the difference between right and wrong work? Did your parents not teach you the difference between good work and bad work? Are you just so antiwork solite3 that you refused to learn when we taught you the difference between good proper work and work that you should not do?

I didn't say all bank robbers are atheist.
How do you know what is a good work or a bad work?
I understand why I should work to make money but isnt robbing a bank a quick and easy way? How do you know it is bad?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 4:35am On Aug 27, 2019
solite3:

I didn't say all bank robbers are atheist.
How do you know what is a good work or a bad work?
I understand why I should work to make money but isnt robbing a bank a quick and easy way? How do you know it is bad?
It is wrong because it involves taking what does not belong to me, a lesson taught me as a child whilst playing with my siblings.

It is likely wrong because banks have security guards with guns who might shoot me, which is very bad for me.

And its wrong because if I got caught, no body will say "buda well done". They might throw me in jail instead which is very bad for me.

As to easy. I wouldn't myself claim bank robbing is easy, but perhaps I'm just no good at it.

Stealing is bad, solite3. Anyone with decent parents would have been taught this.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 27, 2019
The bible does say that the universe has a beginning

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Even science proves that the universe had an origin but the origin of the universe is in debate.

The bible is clear that in the beginning God created the heavens.

And some day he will destroy it, yes even the very fabric of the universe will be dstroyed just as it was created.

2 Peter 3:10-12 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:39am On Aug 27, 2019
budaatum:

It is wrong because it involves taking what does not belong to me, a lesson taught me as a child whilst playing with my siblings.
what makes it wrong?

It is likely wrong because banks have security guards with guns who might shoot me, which is very bad for me.

And its wrong because if I got caught, no body will say "buda well done". They might throw me in jail instead which is very bad for me.

As to easy. I wouldn't myself claim bank robbing is easy, but perhaps I'm just no good at it.

Stealing is bad, solite3. Anyone with decent parents would have been taught this.
If I have a way escape all these will robbing the bank still be wrong?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 7:11am On Aug 27, 2019
solite3:
what is your definition of vacuum

I don't have a definition of vacuum, we are talking about the scientific use of the word which is space devoid of matter.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
solite3:
what makes it wrong?

If I have a way escape all these will robbing the bank still be wrong?
Why don't you just go and rob a bank so we can put this to the test instead of mere talking about it. When you get away with it, we shall surely know if it is good or not.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
solite3:

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by johnydon22(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2019
tartar9:

Yes...and for it to have a beginning it has to have an external cause...unless the universe has always been existing,but this can't happen since we'd be having an infinite sequence of cause and effect.
And you think an infinite loop of cause and effect is less logical than a linear chain of eternity?

I haven't had an argument from design all figured out yet...still thinking about it,and it seems your objection is correct.Expect a robust reply soon grin

Lol. Most people haven't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by johnydon22(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2019
solite3:
check there is evidence that the universe has an origin.
The singularity theory is just an attempt to explain its origin.

Lmao. You are not saying anything. For a universe to emerge from a singularity, the singularity must exist prior to the big bang.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
johnydon22:

Lmao. You are not saying anything. For a universe to emerge from a singularity, the singularity must exist prior to the big bang.

There was no singularity, it is just a way of scientists saying they do not have the answers on how the universe came to pass.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
solite3:

There was no singularity, it is just a way of scientists saying they do not have the answers on how the universe came to pass.

And you know this how?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by johnydon22(m): 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
solite3:

Lmao. So, you are both simultaneously doubting the big bang and using its tenets to advance your argument.

You have to make up your mind then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2019
LordReed:

And you know this how?
because such is pointless
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
johnydon22:

Lmao. So, you are both simultaneously doubting the big bang and using its tenets to advance your argument.

You have to make up your mind then.
the big bang was a lie!
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 5:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
solite3:
because such is pointless

What is pointless? Figuring out how the universe started?
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
LordReed:

What is pointless? Figuring out how the universe started?
no physical thing can exist without a cause, this is an evidence for God.
Atheists loves to deny evidence and then ask for evidence for what they have rejected.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
solite3:
no physical thing can exist without a cause, this is an evidence for God.
Atheists loves to deny evidence and then ask for evidence for what they have rejected.

1. No cause has been demonstrated to be by a god.
2. No god or gods have been demonstrated to exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by budaatum: 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2019
johnydon22:

For a universe to emerge from a singularity, the singularity must exist prior to the big bang.

Singularity sounds like another name for a creator, and when God said, "Let there be light", there was a big bang!

Eureka! Can someone nominate buda for a Nobel Prize in proving God please. I promise to share some of the 9,000,000 SEK, or about US$1,110,000, €944,000, £836,000 or ₹73,800,000 with you all.

2 Likes

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:

1. No cause has been demonstrated to be by a god.
2. No god or gods have been demonstrated to exist.

science is base on evidence, every evidence proves that physical entities has a cause. For the universe to exist there must be a cause.

The ultimate cause cannot be physical since it has already being demonstrated by science that all physical phenomena ultimately has a cause.
This Ultimate cause is God.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
According to the big bang theorists a chaotic phenomenon gave rise to an ordered structure [the universe], which is not possible.
The theory that energy cannot be destroyed or created only exist in a closed system but is the universe a closed system? Does the universe has a boundary such that it can not exchange matter ? According to scientist the universe is infinite or the actual size unknown
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 14, 2020
There is no answer to that. According to scientist the universe is expanding actually space itself is expanding like an elastic material. However the bible describes the universe like a garment or cloth that would one day be pulled off.

Hebrews 1:11-12 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2020
solite3:
science is base on evidence, every evidence proves that physical entities has a cause. For the universe to exist there must be a cause.

The ultimate cause cannot be physical since it has already being demonstrated by science that all physical phenomena ultimately has a cause.
This Ultimate cause is God.

How did you jump from science has demonstrated all physical phenomena have a cause to the ultimate cause is not physical? Which science text told you that one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
What made them atheists is not the idea of whether there is a God or not, their problem is thinking too much of themselves than necessary.
They just want everything done for them (by God) if God want to prove himself, as long as it will take some effort from them to do anything, to them God is nowhere since he's not the one doing it for them! smiley
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Jozzy4: 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2020
johnydon22:
Doesn't this premisw suggest that God too must then require something acting to bring it into existence since God is something and your premise says Nothing can exist except caused

Thats why he is God. If he needed something to make him exist, then he isn't.

How do you recognize design?

Let me illustrate with Key and padlock ... U will call that a design ? Now compare the human sex organs and tell me its not a design
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Jozzy4: 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2020
frank317:

What exactly is the use of this believe in achieving ur daily goal... If u don't understand the question do not bother to answer with off point

Let me highlight just two .. I would have been a chronic womanizer , desperate man pursuing skirt all around and used by women as ATM . unfaithful Father causing heartbreak to his wife and kids with his reckless behaviours. Studying Gods word the Bible Made Me wiser . I live a decent lifestyle , No fear of STD, I don't go through the stress of hearing a lady say " I am pregnant " . So my finance is stable and even ladies admire me even when I don't seek their attention for my been disciplined.

I tend to pursue peace with all men too as the bible advised . Leading to more increased personal relationship with people, have seen people help my career all because of my Character.

Not bragging, its Because God taught me.

" Your commandments make me wiser " Psalm 119:98
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
LordReed:

How did you jump from science has demonstrated all physical phenomena have a cause to the ultimate cause is not physical? Which science text told you that one?
It is simple logic.
For example all mangoes are red then a green object cannot be a mango.
All physical phenomena has a cause then that which has no cause is not physical.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by LordReed(m): 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
solite3:
It is simple logic.
For example all mangoes are red then a green object cannot be a mango.
All physical phenomena has a cause then that which has no cause is not physical.

How did you come to the ultimate cause is the question. Science has not demonstrated any such thing, so you just leapt from all things have causes to ultimate cause. You can't define something into existence. You must demonstrate its reality.
Re: To the atheist, what do you think? by Acehart: 9:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
solite3:
There is no answer to that. According to scientist the universe is expanding actually space itself is expanding like an elastic material. However the bible describes the universe like a garment or cloth that would one day be pulled off.

Hebrews 1:11-12 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Scientists say that the universe has stopped expanding because of the effect of entropy and gravitational force.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim Murders Wife For Reading Bible / See If You Can Find 22 Books Of The Bible Hidden In This Thread!!! / 7 Benefits Of Worshiping Yemaya / Yemonja / Yemòja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.