Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" (44989 Views)

What Does The Letters On The Auto Gear Selection Mean? / The Meaning Of The Coloured Lines On The Toyota Backup Camera / Customer Destroys His N61m Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG With A Golf Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by obafemee80(m): 11:39pm On Aug 17, 2019

Ever wondered what the AMG badge, that comes pinned to the powerful and luxurious vehicles from the performance division of Mercedes-Benz, means?

The letters "AM" in the AMG", which simply stands for Aufrecht and Melcher, is gotten from the last names of two former Mercedes-Benz engineers, Hans Werner Aufrecht (A) and Erhard Melcher (M).

Aufrecht's birth town, Großaspachthe (G), supplied the last letter for a company that started under the name AMG Motorenbau und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH (AMG Engine Production and Development, Ltd.) in 1967.

Today, the performance division of Mercedes-Benz, which became fully owned by Daimler in 2005, is not just about racing.

The AMG engineering team now invests more time and effort to hand build each AMG-badged vehicles, which are similar to standard Mercedes-Benz models, but with extra-sporty handling and more stylish aesthetics.

And they are also more expensive than the Mercedes-Benz models. In comparison, the 2019 G550 starts from $130,532 (₦47.8 million), while the AMG G63 version will start from $148,495 (₦54 million), all prices excludes cost of shipping and clearing in Nigeria.

So if your car has the AMG badge pinned to it, then you should know you are sitting in one powerful and luxurious German Machine.

What Do You Think?

https://autojosh.com/see-the-meaning-of-the-letters-amg/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by drips8(m): 6:23am On Aug 18, 2019
Mercedes Benz vehicles are just too awesome

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by temmy6996(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2019
AMG......All Mighty God.

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by nurey(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
Every single thing about Mercedes Benz must always make front page haba, the mods have been compromised abi Dem think say Benz go dash them free unit. grin

W12 QUATTRO is still the best

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by NwaAmaikpe: 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
shocked

To think Rashidat kept arguing in ignorance that it meant "All Men's Goal"

According to her,
That was why Victor AD sang, "if we no drive the Benz, na wetin we gain?

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by Paroh(f): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
cool

I only just learned how to pronounce it too. Ah-Em-Gay. Not Ay-Em-Gee. You're welcome .

Please patronize my business. See my signature

3 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by ekobami: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Living to impress people and to standout are the beginning of all evil. If not what would A sane human from a place that has people that need help be doing with a 54,000,000 car?

54,000,000 can feed the whole people in my Local Government For One Week!!!

54,000,000 can empower 54 Youths in my village with 1 million Naira each!

I’m no way a hater but I believe In helping one another, even animals help themselves when feeding.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by onowuolivet79(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Mercedes rocks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by Aldebaran(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
temmy6996:
AMG......All Mighty God.

grin grin grin
Nigerian And Religion are like....

Still we are not God-fearing grin

Entwicklungsgesellschaft

Chai, One Of The Longest Name Ever grin

6 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by buygala(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Nice to know smiley

I always thought AMG was an educational Qualification like BSC, LLB,HND...

Now thanks to the OP, I know better cool

8 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by Besto(m): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
GlK nko
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by virtualstaff: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
Anointed Men of God - AMG

Thieves

3 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by Samakus(m): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
I hate Benz. Don't know why.

Jeeps are bae
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
grin
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by asdfjklhaha(f): 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
ok
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by Emceesaka: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
AMG inside life
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by KidsNEXTdoor: 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
Who started the bullion van money dispensing machine formulae in the shithole....

Anybody?

1 Like

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by spafu(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Really
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by Pvssy: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Just imagine.

And use to believe it meant "Ahmed Musa Grades"

1 Like

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by bastien: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Assistant General Manager

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by PotatoSalad(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Just installed the AMG G63 mod for GTA V now before seeing this thread lol
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by ovieigho(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
nwa grin
I no see your brake light untop Obinwanne matter!
I fear o..i think say na you o*
Ok good to see you , serve us in full

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by vertueptime: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
I bet all these nairaland car sales boys displaying amg up and dan dnt knw the meaning, der own na to add price wen they put amg sticker

2 Likes

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by SILVERLINES: 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
cheesy
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by motionarena: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2019
Never really cared
Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
Beautiful.

Humbly searching for my soul mate. Pls be in your 30s and independent.

Location should be Portharcourt and surrounding location. Thx

1 Like

Re: See The Meaning Of The Letters "AMG" by johnjay4u2u(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
this Nwa..kpe whatever is a case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Advice Will You Give This Driver? / Range Rover & G-wagon Was Reduced To A Towing Vehicle (photos) / Philippine’s President Crushes Luxury Cars Worth N432m In Crackdown On Smuggling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.