Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded (29659 Views)

Blast At Catholic Mass In Southern Philippines Leaves Four Dead. / US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down / A Lost Purse From 1957 Found Inside Ohio School Wall 63 Years Later (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Explorers(m): 12:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
A suicide bomb attack at a wedding hall in Afghan capital, Kabul on Saturday killed 63 people and wounded 182, the Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman said. Among the victims were women and children, spokesman Nasrat Rahimi said.

Pictured, the aftermath damage as tables and chairs with blood are thrown over.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7367551/amp/Blast-wedding-Afghan-capital-wounds-20-hospital.html

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Explorers(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Shoes of the victims were left at the scene following the deadly explosion.
Authorities in Afghanistan on Sunday confirmed 63 deaths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Explorers(m): 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
The car of the newly married couple is still parked outside the wedding hall after a deadly bomb blast that killed 63.

Policemen stood guard outside the wedding hall after the attack which killed 63 people and injured at least 182

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Explorers(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Survivors

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Explorers(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Injured men receive treatment in the hospital after sustaining wounds from a blast at a wedding hall in Kabul, Afghanistan.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Explorers(m): 12:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
The extent of the damage can be seen in this image, which captures the impact of the explosion on the ceiling tiles.

Afghan men offer funeral prayers over the coffins of seven of the 63 people killed as funerals are held throughout today.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by luminouz(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
shocked

This is the issue I have with Islam.
How come a religion of 'peace' is associated with so much violence?

What kind of God asks you to kill yourself, only to get 62/82/1000 virgins in the afterlife? How is virginity a priority when compared with families destroyed and lives lost?

How can you listen to an imam who believes you're chosen by God to blow yourself up,while his sons and daughters school abroad, living a life of wealth and affluence? Why can't his kids do the honours?

How do you follow a mindset that always promotes war,bloodshed and chaos,as the ultimate of all beliefs?

Christianity had its own glaring flaws but never have I heard born again christians blowing up people as a way of life.

I could be wrong but this suicide bomber won't be a christian too

220 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by dynicks(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
shocked
Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by EngrMcDon(m): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
Who did they offend? What a world! Rest In Peace to the dead.

13 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Ofemmanu1: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
Islamabad walahi.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by bunmconig(m): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
the world is patiently watching

3 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by drips8(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
luminouz:
shocked

What kind of God asks you to kill yourself, only to get 62/82/1000 virgins in the afterlife? How is virginity a priority when compared with families destroyed and lives lost?

How can you listen to an imam who believes you're chosen by God to blow yourself up,while his sons and daughters school abroad, living a life of wealth and affluence? Why can't his kids do the honours?

How do you follow a mindset that always promotes war,bloodshed and chaos,as the ultimate of all beliefs?

Christianity had it's own glaring flaws but never have I heard born again christians blowing up people as a way of life.

Effects of brainwashing by the imams, they brainwash people mostly young men into these despicable acts under the laughable guise of "rewards in heaven" just to fulfill their selfish agendas and motives.

A lot of conflicts that go on in the middle east are not all religiously inspired.

And Islam definitely has a lot of flaws but it has some positives but the good Muslims get stereotyped negatively and bear the brunt of the actions of extremists.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Jabioro: 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
Yet many people with normal functional brain will not renounced this dasdardize religion....that make them stupid.

7 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by luminouz(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2019
drips8:

Effects of brainwashing by the imams, they brainwash people mostly young men into these despicable acts under the laughable guise of "rewards in heaven" just to fulfill their selfish agendas and motives.

A lot of conflicts that go on in the middle east are not all religiously inspired.

And Islam definitely has a lot of flaws but it has some positives but the good Muslims get stereotyped negatively and bear the brunt of the actions of extremists.

I agree with you absolutely!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Nmezor(f): 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
Really awful.innocent people killed just for nothing.. Lord have mercy

4 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Jabioro: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
I am still expecting who will preached Islam to me ...Yo gbo iyalaya oro lenu mi

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Geofavor(m): 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
Anyone who valued his or her life should have left that country or at least avoided social gatherings.

We will all die eventually, but death by bomb blast is a very aweful way to sign out.

13 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Treasure17(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
Someone's wedding day for goodness sake. How on earth will someone brainwashed you to commit suicide by killing others too. I guess this is beyond psychological disorder here. Maybe they inject these guys with substances. Wicked set of people. Quite sad. May the departed souls rest in peace.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
Useless religion!

11 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by starbuck(f): 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
Islamophobia undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by ZikZikZik: 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
If at all God is going to come. Let him come now because evil is too just too much

1 Like

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by bentwood85(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
SMH... RIP TO THE DEAD.

Affordable land ideal for estate,schools,church,poultry and petrol station are available for sale.
**lands are available in acres and hectares **
**you are buying direct from the indigenes **
Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by mu2sa2: 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
This one is terrorism. Plain massacre. If you hate islam, you will stupidly blame islam for the act of deranged murderers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by DodonDoya: 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
allahu akuboom!!!

15 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by DonDaniDee(m): 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
I was planning to relocate to Afganistan after a holiday. Now I am having a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by grace008: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2019
The groom and his bride will have a sorrowful days for the rest of their life. God help them to heal

4 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Tywo2018: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2019
Christ is coming soon. He said after all these things you know my time of coming is near. Be watchful

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by ekestic1976(f): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
Explorers:
Shoes of the victims were left at the scene following the deadly explosion.
Authorities in Afghanistan on Sunday confirmed 63 deaths.

See the kind of "shoes" people wear to Wedding in Afghanistan!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Whoeppme(m): 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
Islam Islam what a religion

Maybe they didn't read Koran on time which annoyed the suicide bomber... grin grin

You know most time na small senseless thing dey vex thier retarded. brain!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Kingosytex(m): 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
I am not surprised, na their way be that. Islam is the greatest problem of this world. I am still waiting for the brainwashed adherents to come and tell me how America is sponsoring terrorism.

Religion of piss indeed! Brainwashed and confused id*ots killing lives for no just cause.

13 Likes

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Amieinu123(m): 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
luminouz:
shocked

Christianity had its own glaring flaws but never have I heard born again christians blowing up people as a way of life.

dont interprete Islam with actions of some sects claiming they are doing it in the name of Islam. All reasonable Islamic scholars doesnot agree with their views,we called them terrorist too. Allah in suratul Noor has said "do not kill urself,Allah is merciful upon you". So pls if some sect does anything stop directing it to Islam. We condemned it and may the soul of the late rest in peace. Ameen

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded by Olorunnim: 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
ISLAMabad, Afghanistan a country associated with bomb blast their president cannot move on road, his body guards are Russians he doesn't trust his country men.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mali President Bah Ndaw, Prime Minister Moctar Ouane Resign / Wagner Troops Want To Go On "Excursion" To Poland & Explore West - Lukashenko / Prince Harry & Meghan Welcome Baby Girl - Lilibet Lili Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.