Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Attack On Ekweremadu Is An Act Of Cowardice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Ekweremadu Is An Act Of Cowardice (293 Views)

PDP Reacts To Attack On Ekweremadu By IPOB In Germany / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Assault On Ekweremadu. Warns Southern Politicians / Ohaneze Ndigbo Reacts To Attack On Ekweremadu In Germany By IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attack On Ekweremadu Is An Act Of Cowardice by Afam4eva(m): 3:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
While we can't pretend tat all is well with Nigeria or even Igboland in particular, i think the attack on former deputy senate president, Ike Ekweremadu by members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is an act of cowardice.

While i don't condone violence of any kind, somethings i tend to want to look the other way when people i abhor due to their actions become victims of jungle justice. But even if i did, Ekweremadu does not fit the bill in any way. While he's a nationalist, very few Igbo people have defended Igbos and in particular, IPOB members like Ekweremadu has done. It's exactly the same thing that played out when they attacked the person of Nnia Nwodo who could even be mistaken for a member of IPOB due to his utterances in the beehive of their activities. The enemies of Igboland that i see are the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Ken Nnamani, Joe Igbokwe, Chris Ngige and the rest of them which have sold their people for a plate of tuwo. Ekweremadu definitely doesn't fit the bill. IPOB have once again scored an own goal.

Secondly, the actions of IPOB members outside the country will make the international community justify their proscription as a terrorist group.

If Nnamdi kanu does not condemn this act, it will prove what i've been saying all along that this group is made of of half baked onitsha and Aba traders and their likes.

Their action is in bad taste.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Took Me Over A Year To Understand My Job As Minister, Says Adamu / Crime Was Low And People Were Content When Churches Were Not So Rampant - Reno O / Ita Enang: A True Reflection Of A Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.