Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,582 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (57094 Views)

Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. / Nigerian Mom In Tears As Her US Soldier Son Pays Her A Surprise Visit (Video) / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by ZikZikZik: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
YugoMag:
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
No be lie. Them use work kee person finish for nothing

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by sylve11: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

As children, they would naturally ask for the moon and back. But as parents you need to deny their frivolous requests, and teach them how to be content with the little they have.

Adopting this tactic of paying them for house chores, is going to breed a set of selfish kids who will end up putting a price tag on everything, and treating every form of assistance, as a commercial transaction.

You will hear things like: "Why should I help old disabled Mrs Morris to mown her lawn for free, when my mom pays me for taking out the trash? Let Mrs Morris also pay me a fee, then I will help her out with the lawn." Na so e dey take start..

Your are making sense...... cool

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by BlackfireX: 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2019
Madea kind of theory and practical of raising your kids.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by DaddyMorenike: 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Shaketa I would Loveth to sucketh your nippleth.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
Awesome!
That's how to instill functional values and industry in kids . They'll grow up to know that there's no free lunch, even in Freetown.

3 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Divay22(f): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
donbachi:
Nigerian mum be like "emeka!..emeka!!..emeka!!!..u sey na u wash dis plate,see oil everywhere,touch am..c'mon carry dem go wash dem again b4 i carry dis garri turner break dat ur head...nonsense..na me make mistake give u food"
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by toprealman: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
YugoMag:
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
depends on the figures. Zimbabwe millions will not buy a keke
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Enemyofpeace: 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
YugoMag:
yinmu, you even see food chop that time?
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by magzey: 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
lilmax:
I should give you money for doing what you're supposed to do?

na beating go end am
in the US when you beat your children, you will be called to answer your query with social worker dept grin grin
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Deepfeel(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hope she will also pay them to take care of her in her old age or when she's sick
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2019
Very good conditioning method. One mustn't do corporal. Sigmund Freud explained better in his conditioning theory

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by GeneralPula: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
LordKO:
A very wrong decision. Altruism remains the thin difference between family and commercial corporate entity, so once it's eliminated in the scheme of things automatically what will be left is self-centeredness/selfishness/greediness.

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Konkonbiloo: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2019
cool
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2019
Zionista:
Awesome!
That's how to instill functional values and industry in kids . They'll grow up to know that there's no free lunch, even in Freetown.
Many of our parents generation were not paid for doing household chores, yet they grew up with functional values and industry. I cannot see anywhere it was said that Dangote's parents or Tony Elumelu's parents, or Comas Maduka of Coscharis, or Subomi Balogun's parents paid them for doing household chores. Yet, they built industries oh.

1 Like

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
SMH. Come try that rubbish with a Nigerian parent, you'll first leave their house, then you'll know what life is like.

There's absolutely nothing commendable here 'cause she's breeding entitled kids. Why pay them for doing chores? Do they pay you for paying school fees and feeding?

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
Nicklaus619:
Kids of these days don't know how easy they have things today, I remember that year if u forget or ignore to do your own portion of house chores, the beating and punishment u will receive that day from mumcy will be unprecedented and if dad gets to know, then u will receive legendary beating and punishment ranging from not giving you night food and doing all the house chores alone grin
I am telling you!! Your eye go clear with the beating you get for every job left undone .... cheesy

GrabHisBalls:
SMH. Come try that rubbish with a Nigerian parent, you'll first leave their house, then you'll know what life is like.

There's absolutely nothing commendable here 'cause she's breeding entitled kids. Why pay them for doing chores? Do they pay you for paying school fees and feeding?
Thank you, o! In fact, you took the words out of my mouth....

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

Many of our parents generation were not paid for doing household chores, yet they grew up with functional values and industry. I cannot see anywhere it was said that Dangote's parents or Tony Elumelu's parents, or Comas Maduka of Coscharis, or Subomi Balogun's parents paid them for doing household chores. Yet, they built industries oh.

It may not be very apt to compare their generation to this generation.

Over permissive parenting and a sense of entitlement has done a lot of damage to the psyche of the millennials.

It doesn't necessarily mean that this is the only way that hard work could be instilled in them.

It's actually a plus.

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
Zionista:
It may not be very apt to compare their generation to this generation.

Over permissive parenting and a sense of entitlement has done a lot of damage to the psyche of the millennials.

It doesn't necessarily mean that this is the only way that hard work could be instilled in them.

It's actually a plus.
Sir, with all due respect I disagree with you. Good values do not go out of fashion. People just like to suppress it with all this 'generational' talk. Hard work does not have to be instilled in kids, by simply paying them for doing household chores....

Over permissive parents should find better ways to correct their mistakes, instead of embarking on cosmetic moves, that would worsen the situation and upbringing of their kids.

3 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
Poverty mentality.

When you've kids you naturally want to give them the world. I don't see anything wrong w| asking them to work for it and teaching them to be responsible. They technically cannot go out to work now, as they're underaged and it would be considered child labor, but this is a neat way to prepare them for what's ahead. By the time they're 16, they'll probably have their own jobs and be saving their money b|c that's what she's teaching them. If you don't see the good in what she's doing then we'll have to agree to disagree. A lot of parents support her, so...

CeterisXVIII:

As children, they would naturally ask for the moon and back. But as parents you need to deny their frivolous requests, and teach them how to be content with the little they have.

Adopting this tactic of paying them for house chores, is going to breed a set of selfish kids who will end up putting a price tag on everything, and treating every form of assistance, as a commercial transaction.

You will hear things like: "Why should I help old disabled Mrs Morris to mown her lawn for free, when my mom pays me for taking out the trash? Let Mrs Morris also pay me a fee, then I will help her out with the lawn." Na so e dey take start..

3 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Cathyblinks: 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2019
I pay my siblings anytime they do specific house chores.

It settles a lot of issues among them
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2019
theButterfly:
Poverty mentality. When you've kids you naturally want to give them the world. I don't see anything wrong w| asking them to work for it. They technically cannot go out to work now, as they're underaged, but this is a neat way to preparethem
No Madam. It has absolutely nothing to do with poverty mentality. In fact, your mentality is the poor one, because you believe in paying kids to do household chores, instead of seeking more appropriate ways to teach them the value of hard work.

Let kids be kids. Teach them discipline, integrity, compassion, respect, cause-and-effect, team work, appreciation etc, and not payment for household chores ...and see if they would not imbibe the right values.

Giving your kids the world, does not mean spoiling them with stuff and fake ideology.

6 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

Sir, with all due respect I disagree with you. Good values do not go out of fashion. People just like to suppress it with all this 'generational' talk. Hard work does not have to be instilled in kids, by simply paying them for doing household chores....

I sincerely respect your viewpoint but you don't necessarily have to agree with me as our perceptions of life may not be from the same angle or prism.

In Psychology, you can reinforce behavior by rewarding acceptable conducts. You can condition a child to be exactly what you want him /her to be.

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
Zionista:
I sincerely respect your viewpoint but you don't necessarily have to agree with me as our perceptions of life may not be from the same angle or prism.

In Psychology, you can reinforce behavior by rewarding acceptable conducts. You can condition a child to be exactly what you want him /her to be.
There are various ways to reinforce acceptable behaviour. Paying kids in exchange for doing household chores, is NOT a method I would subscribe to....
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
CeterisXVIII:

There are various ways to reinforce acceptable behaviour. Paying kids in exchange for doing household chores, is NOT a method I would subscribe to....

Different strokes for different folks you may say. As a kid,I took interest in always tidying the house after my mum made it a duty to always reward me with chocolates and coins for my break at school.

Before long, all my siblings tumbled over each other to be doing same so that same rewards could be extended to them .

It worked for my mum too just like this mum. Till date, without sounding boastful, my apartment is always spick and span.

2 Likes

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by nwamabo247(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
When then never experince hunger in their life they do any how.please help

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by frozen70(f): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good idea, she will have less to do but more of supervision
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Icon79(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
LOL. This is very common in America. Most kids get paid to do chores.

They don't call it salaries tho.

O pari
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
Zionista:
Different strokes for different folks you may say. As a kid,I took interest in always tidying the house after my mum made it a duty to always reward me with chocolates and coins for my break at school.

Before long, all my siblings tumbled over each other to be doing same so that same rewards could be extended to them .

It worked for my mum too just like this mum. Till date, without sounding boastful, my apartment is always spick and span.
Oga, na so. I know several people who are also neatness freaks, but were never paid in cash or kind to be neat, by their parents. They were simply taught the virtue of keeping their sorroundings neat, or spick and span. Children learn more, by watching and copying what they see their elders do.

Using cash to reinforce acceptable behaviour in the lives of kids, is a no-no. The sense of entitlement that it breeds, cannot be underestimated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobodyperson: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
pocohantas:

Somehow these same children grow up and decide house chores is beyond them and solely the duty of a wife.

Let all of them do it, that way they all appreciate how money is earned and the effort put into keeping a home.
Is it a lie tho?
House chores is the woman job.
We men break our backs earning cash.
Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
LordKO:
A very wrong decision. Altruism remains the thin difference between family and commercial corporate entity, so once it's eliminated in the scheme of things, automatically what will be left is self-centeredness/selfishness/greediness.
Thank you, o! May the wisdom God put inside your mind, continue to flourish....

GeneralPula:
Nah normal thing for Yankee. I get a nigga wey him momma dey pay am for taking care of dia grandmom every morning. White women been doing this no be today!
So he cannot take care of his grandmother out of the goodness of his heart, or because they share blood ties? So the day he is not paid, does that mean he will abandon her? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Is How Christmas Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes / If You Know This And You Are Still Single, What Are You Waiting For? (picture) / Posters Warning A Husband Snatcher In Enugu Flood The Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.