Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car (18925 Views)

INNOSON IKENGA: Innoson To Unveil New Car Named After Dr Dozie Ikedife / Bugatti Will Unveil A One-off $18m Chiron-based Hypercar @ The Geneva Motor Show / Bugatti Set To Unveil A New And Faster N2.2b Hypercar Called Divo On August 24th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2019
Rotji:
Well I hope we are not going to see a glorified keke like one University recently posted without shame.

As a University we expect to see some futuristic inventions not making a product with the features and performances of medieval and ancient products.
Jeez Nigerians can talk bull loads of nonsense. You talk about glorified keke because it is not sleek in design. Do you think it's hand or a basic CNC machine that is used to make the sleek body parts of modern cars? A typical concept car developed by an auto manufacturer costs about
$4million to $16million to produce, it becomes cheaper as its mass produced due to economies of scale. Also a company like Benz will spend nothing less than $500 million in research and development per year. The question is where will the university get such money from? The most important thing is that the University got the working principle right... It's left for the private sector to adopt it.
You ignorant folks will be looking at aesthetics and sleek bodies of vehicles as of you know the cost of equipment required to treat carbon fibre.
If I were a head of state, I will track you down with this comment and lock you up in jail. Your cocktail of ignorance and arrogance should not be passed on genetically.
Nigerians with their stupid opinion.

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car by ABSTRUSE: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2019
Wande22:
i didn't mention your father

so therefore in Dr. Olukoya's voice

BACK TO SENDER

Lmao! I repeat baba e ni ode. Iya re naa ode. In short, awon molebi e ni ode.
Oloriibu somebody.
Re: University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car by Wande22(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2019
ABSTRUSE:

Lmao! I repeat baba e ni ode. Iya re naa ode. In short, awon molebi e ni ode.
Oloriibu somebody.

Re: University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car by ABSTRUSE: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2019
[quote author=Wande22 post=81426540][/quote]

Go Bleep yourself, son!
Re: University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car by ABSTRUSE: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2019
[quote author=Wande22 post=81426540][/quote]

Go and Bleep yourself, weyrey.
Re: University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car by Rotji(m): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
soul95:

Jeez Nigerians can talk bull loads of nonsense. You talk about glorified keke because it is not sleek in design. Do you think it's hand or a basic CNC machine that is used to make the sleek body parts of modern cars? A typical concept car developed by an auto manufacturer costs about
$4million to $16million to produce, it becomes cheaper as its mass produced due to economies of scale. Also a company like Benz will spend nothing less than $500 million in research and development per year. The question is where will the university get such money from? The most important thing is that the University got the working principle right... It's left for the private sector to adopt it.
You ignorant folks will be looking at aesthetics and sleek bodies of vehicles as of you know the cost of equipment required to treat carbon fibre.
If I were a head of state, I will track you down with this comment and lock you up in jail. Your cocktail of ignorance and arrogance should not be passed on genetically.
Nigerians with their stupid opinion.

Look at the amount of vitriol you are spewing out simply because I said our universities should be inventing new technologies not creating things that are everywhere in lower qualities for that matter. Well done Mr President, you don't want to be challenged, it's that kind of mentality that is keeping us where we are today. All these amounts you are calling out, are they beyond what this country can churn out? Don't make it seem as if one doesn't appreciate the system but they've got to be out of their comfort zones.

And please spare the hateful comments
Re: University Of Lagos To Unveil A Zero-Emission Car by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
Rotji:

Look at the amount of vitriol you are spewing out simply because I said our universities should be inventing new technologies not creating things that are everywhere in lower qualities for that matter. Well done Mr President, you don't want to be challenged, it's that kind of mentality that is keeping us where we are today. All these amounts you are calling out, are they beyond what this country can churn out? Don't make it seem as if one doesn't appreciate the system but they've got to be out of their comfort zones.

And please spare the hateful comments

I don't want to insult you, but your comment is very dumb. You cone across as someone that puts sentiment over objectivity. Where did I say that we should condone mediocrity? I simply pointed out that UNILAG does not have the resources or support to produce what Nigerians are demanding.
You asked and I quote.."All these amounts you are calling out, are they beyond what this country can churn out?"
Did the federal government sponsor the project? Was there a public private partnership agreement to develop the automobile?
Do you think that the carbon fibre used to produce modern day cars is something that is worked on by hands?
The essence of this project was to show the possibility of a certain type of technology, but sentimental folks like you are focusing on the aesthetics and missing the whole point.
For your information, with Good handling of CATIA or even solid works, and good understanding of finite element modelling (which a serious mechanical engineering graduate can do), you can design most of the "advanced" car features you see in modern day car exteriors (however, the facilities needed to implement that from scratch runs into hundreds of millions of dollars), but the purpose of the project was to show the possibility of a new approach to automobile technology.
Learn to read and understand things in their proper context and choose to be objective rather than sentimental. You guys just argue for the sake of arguing
And no I'm not spewing hate, its just that the idiocy displayed on this forum sometimes leads to frayed nerves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change / Inscriptions Found On Nigerian Vehicles / 9 Steps For Payment Of Fines By Traffic Violators – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.