Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" (3223 Views)

2023: Primate Ayodele Sends Warning To Uzor Kalu On Igbo Presidency / April Trip: I Am Not Mandated By Constitution To Hand Over To Osinbajo- Buhari, / Femi Fani-Kayode: 'Godswill Akpabio Is A Coward And A Slave' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by agentakins: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
Former Governor of Abia state and Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Kalu has debunked the insinuation that he cancelled his medical trip to Germany because he was afraid of being given the Ekweremadu treatment.

Recall that former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu was at the weekend attacked in Nuremberg, Germany by irate IPOB members when he attended the annual New Yam Festival organized by the Igbo community in Germany.

In the video clips, the angry mob was seen preventing the lawmaker from escaping, but he was later whisked away in a Mercedes-Benz car, even as the mob continued to beat him.

Speaking on Monday, Kalu said he did not suspend his planned medical check-up to Germany because of what happened to Sen. Ike Ekweremadu.

“I have been in my country home interacting with the people and settling disputes. The news that I suspended by planned medical check-up in Germany was not true.

“I was invited by Igbo group in Spain to attend their function, I could not go because of the interaction with my constituents.’’

Kalu had described the action of the IPOB members as uncivilised, unacceptable and barbaric, urging Igbo people to respect their leaders at all levels.

He noted that the only way the South-East zone can be prosperous was by embracing dialogue, peace and unity.

Kalu also urged the Embassy of Nigeria in Germany, the German Government and appropriate authorities to bring the perpetrators of the ugly incident to book.

He said: “After watching a viral video of the physical attack on former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweramadu, I was not only disappointed but irritated and disturbed with the action of some members of IPOB.

“The assault on the senator is a slap on Igbo leaders regardless of age, party affiliation and religion. The perpetrators of the uncivilised act must face the wrath of the law.

“Sen. Ekweramadu is not only one of the Igbo leaders, but also a prominent Nigerian and as such should be accorded due respect by all and sundry at home and abroad.

“For the South-East to move forward, the people of the zone must embrace dialogue as a way of resolving pertinent issues and eschew violence.”

https://nationaldailyng.com/im-not-a-coward-kalu-speaks-on-cancelled-germany-trip/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Okuda(m): 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
i say this one is next seh!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Venusman(m): 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
Haha haha. Lol. Laughing in HTML script

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by helinues: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
The way Dem go beat him heh

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Davash222(m): 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2019
Hahahaha.

If dem born you well, enter Germany. If they no barbecue you alive, make my precious blockus lost.

9 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2019
Interactions with constituents.....lolzzzzzzz
funny.

5 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by millhouse: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2019
Baba Dey fear humiliation

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Thales01: 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2019
Story.
To be honest,this man,chris ngige,okorohausa and that senseless Joe igbokwe are the ones who deserve that kind of beating meted out on ekweremadu or even worse than that.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Adaibeku(f): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
He is a bloody coward who did nothing for ibeku ,
His head should be broken at sight ,

13 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Cletus77(m): 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2019
"I was invited by Igbo group in Spain to attend their function, I could not go because of the interaction with my constituents.’’
grin grin grin

Which constituents oga? Why are you afraid wen there is no yam involved? cheesy you're going to Germany for medical check-up while the health system of Nigeria is in decay

16 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by pacino26(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
Oga just travel leave all the peace and unity grammar it's in the National anthem already.

You're now having dialogues with your constituents before you travel abi? We hear.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Wisfem: 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2019
History still compounds harsh legacies of these self-centered hypocrites. Igbos are not like the northern dominated unproductive, unprivileged mere street mediocres that Can easily be deceived by political war lords. No body in Igbo land cares about these low headed crap. When multi hundreds of Igbo youths and children and whilst pregnant women were maimed, slain killed slaughtered and butchered in cold blooded by buhari APC bold serial killers. Then non of these prominent irritants ever said a word. Can I confirm to you all here that kalu and cohorts has no place in Igbo land even if they contest for presidential position in buari APC northern dominated Hausa oligarchy no sane Igbo extraction will vote for them apart from less privileged street orphans wallowing in mediocrity that could be induced with some little fragments of coins. These political idiots has no plan for common man in the society but can become reactionary tissues when it comes to their follow heartless thieves. I pray that some other heartless terrorists should come against these terrible Ganga of irritants called politicians history will remain harsh against you all until pay for our common wealths which you have shared within your families and households

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by shadrama(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
go and be blessed. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by jom28gy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 19, 2019
When did you start attending to your constituency, you want to learn it now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by macfish101(m): 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
Get ready for your share of the national cake

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by mushystuff: 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2019
Deé! That interaction with constituents at Igbere is not forever na abi? When you finish travel to Spain or Germany as usual make we know how far. Idiot!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Nwadiuto247: 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
You are not a COWARD? Prove it by going to Germany.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by 9jaBloke: 2:37am On Aug 20, 2019
Foreign countries need to start checking the activities of IPOB. Violence is not a good option.
Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Karemarealty288(m): 5:37am On Aug 20, 2019
Prove that you are not a coward by going to Germany after attending to your constituents.....nobody called you a coward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by DAutoDiagnosis: 6:32am On Aug 20, 2019
We know, just reschedule. We know you are brave. Come

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Iamicekid(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2019
Idiot, if dem born u well enter plane, I swear if all Nigerians in different countries around the world begins to do this like people of Germany, I swear this bastard law makers will be in the country and maybe do something better for the country

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 20, 2019
9jaBloke:
Foreign countries need to start checking the activities of IPOB. Violence is not a good option.

But killings, murders, lack of basic amenities of life is a good option for the masses..

His own beating would start from the plane...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Classicdexy(m): 6:38am On Aug 20, 2019
Lmao,, beating OUK will be so sweet and so easy as his body is very soft unlike ekweremadu that has a strong skin

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by fergie001: 6:58am On Aug 20, 2019
Oga, have you not finished with your constituents?

Go nah.....haba.

We know you are not a coward Sir.
Odum igbere!

Sir, just go and meet your Igbo kith-and-kins there nah

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by helinues: 7:03am On Aug 20, 2019
[quote author=Adaibeku post=81410765

He is a bloody coward who did nothing for ibeku ,
His head should be broken at sight ,[/quote]

So you are from same place with Kalu considering your moniker..

No wonder
Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by RobbStark(m): 7:10am On Aug 20, 2019
Did I just heard Kali say the perpetrators shud be brought to book.
Just imagine.... pls senator Kali, how many bandits, herdsmen, kidnappers, boko haram element has been brought to book in Naija.
Well, the German authorities said they scant arrest any one for their is room for gathering.

Naija is a scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Adaibeku(f): 7:59am On Aug 20, 2019
[quote author=helinues post=81419506][/quote]

Mod u have been noticed ..next!
Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by helinues: 8:00am On Aug 20, 2019
Adaibeku:

Mod u have been noticed ..next!

You can call mod? Chai wonders

You go call tired
Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Adaibeku(f): 8:02am On Aug 20, 2019
helinues:

You can call mod? Chai wonders

You go call tired

I no all your schemings here...I pity you
Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by helinues: 8:04am On Aug 20, 2019
Adaibeku:

I no all your schemings here...I pity you

Your head dey my palm now.. I wont talk too much about that.

So stop involving/quoting me with your gossips discussion
Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by 9jaBloke: 8:23am On Aug 20, 2019
Esseite:

But killings, murders, lack of basic amenities of life is a good option for the masses.

No it's not, but violence will not help your cause either. Believe me because I'm an advocate of eradicating the present political class and we've fought battles online and on ground. Violence will worsen matters. Confront them but don't touch them.
Re: Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward" by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 20, 2019
Go na. Abi afonja blood dey your system?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN To ABCON: Play Greater Role In BDC Sub-sector / Picture In History : Oyo State From 1955 To 2019 / Road Construction : Ugwuanyi Vs Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.