Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Examining John 3 V 16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examining John 3 V 16 (1231 Views)

Examining Quran 9:29 – Islam Sanction The Killing Of Christians & Jews? / Questioning JOHN 3 VERSE 16 / POPULAR JOHN 3:16 Destroys The Unbiblical Tri-ni-ty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Examining John 3 V 16 by babs787(m): 2:59pm On May 15, 2007
John 3 v 16: For Gos so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him will not persih but have everlasting life

1. Is the above statement spoken by John or God

2. Is Jesus really the only begotten son of God?

3. Was Jesus 'begotten' or 'made' by God?

Thank you
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by Gwaine(m): 8:36pm On May 15, 2007
babs787:

Spoken by Jesus.

babs787:

Yep.

babs787:

Neither.

babs787:

Thank you

You're welcome. cool
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by thesilent1(m): 6:52am On May 16, 2007
short and sweet; like it.
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by babs787(m): 10:54am On May 16, 2007
@gwaine

Insert Quote
Quote from: babs787 on Yesterday at 02:59:33 PM

Spoken by Jesus.

Thanks bros. If the above was spoken by Jesus, why is it that it is only in the books of John we are having the word 'only begotten son'?

Yep.

Thanks for the response. We all know that if a son happens to be the only begotten son, it means that he is the first and last born and no other child from his parents. If that should be the case and Jesus is the only begotten son, please explain the verses below:

Exodus 4 v 22: And you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the Lord, Israel is my first-born son.

Psalm 2 v 7: The Lord hath said unto me, thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.

Jeremiah 31 v 9: ,,, for I am a father to Israel and Ephraim is my first born.

Neither.

Why is 'begotten' used in the verse if your answer is neither? Please can you throw more light on the word 'begotten'

Thanks.
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by thesilent1(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2007
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwaine,

please man, do not even answer this one because its just too much to deal with. I would not like to see you stoop to this level and have to answer about the referral of Israel being a "son". This is classic

1 little question; would you say people that call their cars their "babies" are referring to the cars as their sexually and biologically born children?
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by batu: 11:24am On May 16, 2007
Yes, ewu prof 707,
Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN son of God. And you are also right (without knowing) with this statement:

We all know that if a son happens to be the only begotten son, it means that he is the first and last born and no other child from his parents

Yes, that is one of the titles of Jesus Christ, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, Alpha and Omega.
He is the only begotten son of God; but Israel is His son by adoption, and so are all those who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord, and believe in the Father who begat him. That is why Jesus said "I am in the Father and the Father in me."

NB:If the Quran says Jesus is the word of God and the Spirit of God, pray tell me, how is the word and spirit of God separate from God?
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by babs787(m): 12:55pm On May 16, 2007
@batu

Yes, ewu prof 707,
Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN son of God. And you are also right (without knowing) with this statement:

We all know that if a son happens to be the only begotten son, it means that he is the first and last born and no other child from his parents

Brother, please explain the below verse:

Psalm 2 v 7: The Lord hath said unto me, thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.

Yes, that is one of the titles of Jesus Christ, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, Alpha and Omega.
He is the only begotten son of God; but Israel is His son by adoption, and so are all those who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord, and believe in the Father who begat him. That is why Jesus said "I am in the Father and the Father in me."

If Jesus and God are one because he said that he and fath are one, what of the other verse that says:

John 17 v 21: that they (the disciples) all may be one; as thou, father art in me and I in thee, that they may also be one in us,

NB:If the Quran says Jesus is the word of God and the Spirit of God, pray tell me, how is the word and spirit of God separate from God?

Fine and thanks for the issue raised up. Jesus being the word of God does not mean that He is God. Jesus and God are two separate entity.
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by timmy7(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2007
Do u really want to discredit that bible verse or what's ur point. I know u already have a mind set on this
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by TellyB(m): 11:07am On May 18, 2007
timmy7:

Do u really want to discredit that bible verse or what's your point. I know u already have a mind set on this

The mindset is simply this: their Islamic Injil is LOST; so they must by default discredit every other Injil!
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by dinnerm(f): 9:38pm On May 18, 2007
babs,sorry oh! cryu dont want to bend or break,sorry cry.i will offer you a bible free of charge just tell me how to send it.
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by TheClown: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2010
Begotten, not made, one in substance with the father, and through him, all things were made. 'Apostles' Creed'.
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
dinner m:

babs,sorry oh! cryu dont want to bend or break,sorry cry.i will offer you a bible free of charge just tell me how to send it.
3yrs later. Have u sent him the bible or he refused to read it?
Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
dinner m:

Re: Examining John 3 V 16 by chakula: 10:15am On Aug 05, 2010
Sorry, the guy don't want anybody to send any bible copy to him because he's well acquintance with it better to respond over his inquiry but if you can't please just let him know period.

toba:

(1) (Reply)

Prophet T. B Joshua / Better Church Management With Church+ / Our Religeous Leaders Are So Silence On The Issues In This Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.