Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest (14562 Views)

Tuition Fee Hike: OSPOLY Reveals Next Move As Students Refuse To Pay / Tuition Fees Increment: OAU Students Threaten To Shut Campus / UNIBEN Students Threaten To Beat Lecturers Over University Closure - VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest by haryomikun(m): 11:58am On Aug 21, 2019
Budex40:

That is why there is JAMB brochure and also Universities' website . You go there to find information about a particular university before you choose the university. If you dont have d requirement for a particular Univetsity, DONT choose d@ university.

UNILORIN is a very different University entirely, their academic calendar is very precise. Right now, they are on holidays na only sandwich programme dey in session.By september, dem go release list. By october, dem go resume new session and by June/July 2020 e sure say d session must end. Its NOT negotiable. If u want to use JUPEB its better to do JUPEB in Ilorin so that u can meetup with their admissions. Infact, all schools in Kwara follow UNILORIN'S calendar except Kwasu which is a bit faster than UNILORIN
You just jumbled up a very stupid conglomeration of words. The Jupeb results were released two days ago. How the hell are students to upload it so quick?

Dey read through make you understand something, you no go hear
Re: Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
haryomikun:

You just jumbled up a very stupid conglomeration of words. The Jupeb results were released two days ago. How the hell are students to upload it so quick?

Dey read through make you understand something, you no go hear

Bros , when was UNILORIN's JUPEB results released ?
I always tell JAMBITES/admission seekers , before u pick any University, always make thorough enquiries about d@ University. UNILORIN accepts IJMB,SAEB,JUPEB and CAMBRIDGE. They have over 2000 applicants for DE who have uploaded their A'level results already. What many people dont know is that Unilorin has a very strict calendar that they follow. If u dont meet up, they wont consider you.
When I took IJMB in 2010, I had to wait till d following year for d admission cos by d time d results were released, UNILORIN don close portal. I later discovered that everybody in my set were NOT Admitted cos our results no come out on time.

Besides, they will re-open d portal, but its going to take some time cos of d ongoing NASU/SSANU/NAAT Strike

Always make ENQUIRIES GUYS......!!!! Its very Important.
Re: Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
pane22:

If you were a jupeb Student will you be saying this?
An affected Student is crying out to the public for help and you are saying consult jamb brochure. If unilorin jupeb was not released will that portal be closed.
When you see the truth say it and stop bringing in different things.
It is obvious you are a unilorin student and will defend anything the institution does.

My students were all affected, so I understand what it feels like. They will re-open d portal but it wont be this week because of d ongoing strike. Fit be next week or there abouts
Re: Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest by nextstep(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
Budex40:

Na lie...!!! D university is closing its portal for uploading of all results, both for UTME and DE. They waited for 1 month for everybody to upload their results so that they can capture their data and conclude admissions. By next month d admission list will come out. By october dem go resume. Pls dont believe everything these bloggers tell u.

Since when does any portal have to close to upload results? Does Youtube close when new videos are uploaded?
Simple matter: new data goes into a folder/database entry, and once it's up, you add a link to the indexing/parent page. This should be a non-issue, but there's always something funny in Nigeria (or is it just incompetence?)

1 Like

Re: Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
nextstep:

Since when does any portal have to close to upload results? Does Youtube close when new videos are uploaded?
Simple matter: new data goes into a folder/database entry, and once it's up, you add a link to the indexing/parent page. This should be a non-issue, but there's always something funny in Nigeria (or is it just incompetence?)

Weldone Mr data manager. What am referring to is UTME + DE applicants combined..
Re: Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest by haryomikun(m): 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
Budex40:

Bros , when was UNILORIN's JUPEB results released ?
I always tell JAMBITES/admission seekers , before u pick any University, always make thorough enquiries about d@ University. UNILORIN accepts IJMB,SAEB,JUPEB and CAMBRIDGE. They have over 2000 applicants for DE who have uploaded their A'level results already. What many people dont know is that Unilorin has a very strict calendar that they follow. If u dont meet up, they wont consider you.
When I took IJMB in 2010, I had to wait till d following year for d admission cos by d time d results were released, UNILORIN don close portal. I later discovered that everybody in my set were NOT Admitted cos our results no come out on time.

Besides, they will re-open d portal, but its going to take some time cos of d ongoing NASU/SSANU/NAAT Strike

Always make ENQUIRIES GUYS......!!!! Its very Important.
Then the school's a horror! Unilorin's like a one eyed man in the village of the blind. Laishe Havard abi Stanford.

I don't blame the school though. I blame those seeing beta schools like Unilag and Uniben and still choosing a local school like Unilorin
Re: Unilorin's Move To Close Portal Causes Stir As Students Threaten To Protest by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
haryomikun:

Then the school's a horror! Unilorin's like a one eyed man in the village of the blind. Laishe Havard abi Stanford.

I don't blame the school though. I blame those seeing beta schools like Unilag and Uniben and still choosing a local school like Unilorin

All Universities in Nigeria are NOT d same. Infact, they dont have d same requirements. U cant compare Unilorin with LAGOS/BENIN. They have a very tight format of doing things and its well arranged. D moment u collect admission letter in Unilorin, u go sabi d exact time wey u go graduate......e no go lapse (except u get Carry over) and dem no dey delay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Adds Lagos State's New Universities To List Of Available Schools / BREAKING NEWS: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Names Fuoye After Late Gen. Adebayo / The Best Poly In Nigeria Iz.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.