Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Are You Still A Muslim? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are You Still A Muslim? (2103 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Still A Muslim? by misright(f): 4:23pm On May 15, 2007
If you discount the 250-odd verses of the Koran (out of some 6000) that justify holy war, it certainly makes you a more thoughtful, tolerant person.

But does it still make you a Muslim?
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Gwaine(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2007
250 is quite a large number to discount out of 6000 verses of the Koran/Qur'an.

Nevermind the TORAH and the INJIL of the Qur'an which they have themselves affirmed are lost! cool
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 15, 2007
[img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/cyan%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5Emisright+is+a+baptist+muslim%21+%5E_%5E.gif[/img]
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 9:54pm On May 15, 2007
i am still a muslim and will remain one till i die wink
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Gwaine(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2007
mukina2:

. . . Even with the 250 verses discounted, huh?? grin grin
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mrpataki(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2007
mukina2:

Lets wait and see cool
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 10:32pm On May 15, 2007
gwaine yeah cheesy

pataki when will you let me be embarassed

Babyosisi see o
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Gwaine(m): 12:07am On May 16, 2007
mukina2:

gwaine yeah cheesy

Right. I'll store that away for future reference. 250 verses discounted, yeah? I'm still counting. cool
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by misright(f): 10:48am On May 16, 2007
Davidylan, you can't be right. Am a baptist not a baptist muslim. Aww!!

davidylan:

[img]http://www.thesmilies.com/smilie-generator/image/cyan%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5Emisright+is+a+baptist+muslim%21+%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by olutomiwa(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2007
mukina2:

i dont think so,infact i have a feeling that you are going to BE an EVANGELIST soon,you wanna bet?
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 10:22pm On May 16, 2007
Olu

i will never be an evangelist .

i will be a muslim till i die smiley
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by babs787(m): 9:37am On May 17, 2007
@olutomiwa

It is better to die as a muslim that a pastor,Pope or evangelist

@Gwaine

Please keep counting and storing for future reference
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by dinnerm(f): 10:10pm On May 18, 2007
[quote][/quote]i am still a muslim and will remain one till i die

Jesus arrested saul on his way to Damacus in Acts of the apostle,thats the way he will arrest you,its just a matter of time
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 10:17pm On May 18, 2007
dinner m:

i am still a muslim and will remain one till i die 

Jesus arrested saul on his way to Damacus in Acts of the apostle,thats the way he will arrest you,its just a matter of time

if this was meant for me .am sory to dissappoint you dear cheesy

i will remain a muslim till i die cheesy
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 18, 2007
Remain in your blindness! grin
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 11:13pm On May 18, 2007
i am not in darkness cheesy

i am in Islam the best religion in the world
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 18, 2007
mukina2:

i am not in darkness cheesy

i am in Islam the best religion in the world

Thankfully there are no prizes for the "best religion in the world", however God's arms are forever wide open for those who choose to remove the wool that Mohammed has put around their eyes.
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by gbadex1(m): 1:56am On May 19, 2007
@ mukina:

i mean no offence, but exactly why would you still remain a muslim even with the 200 and something verses discounted?
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 1:49pm On May 19, 2007
@David
I am content in Islam .
The only wool i can see is the one in ur eyes .

@Gbadex
none taken . .
The bible is not complete also .but you are still a christian cheesy
I will be a muslim till the day i shall die cheesy
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 19, 2007
mukina2:

@David
I am content in Islam .
The only wool i can see is the one in your eyes .

Dont worry, not everyone was destined to accept the message of salvation afterall.

mukina2:

I will be a muslim till the day i shall die cheesy

When did you prove that the bible is not complete? Or are you merely recycling the unsubstantiated lies of mohammed?
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Reverend(m): 3:10pm On May 19, 2007
Koran, Bible, what does it matter. they are both complete and utter fairy stories.

The quicker we stop arguing about which story book is the best the better world we will live in. shocked
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by TellyB(m): 6:47pm On May 19, 2007
mukina2:

@mukina2,

Can you explain the following to me as to why they exist in Islam? Here:

(a) Cancelled verses of the Qur'an

(b) LOST BOOKS (Torah and Injil) of Allah

(c) missing verses of the Qur'an

(d) why the third Caliph Uthman burnt the other Qur'an copies of his day

(e) the Qur'an cannot be translated because it immediately ceases being Allah's word.

Just five questions for now. The reason I'm asking them is to seek answers from you and other Muslims concerning the claim of perfection of Islam's holy books.
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by olutomiwa(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2007
mukina2:

Olu

i will never be an evangelist .

i will be a muslim till i die smiley
dont let themm decieve you with what is nothing but FAKE,or is it because islam DOES NOT frown at muslims going to MARABOUTS,BABALAWO and what have you like Christainity does?pls dont waste ur life here on earth doing FOLLOW FOLLOW.
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 8:55pm On May 19, 2007
its very funny the way some of you go on undecided
i have given up on you all cheesy
no matter what you say . it doesn get to me

i am a muslim and will always remain one
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by TellyB(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2007
mukina2:

its very funny the way some of you go on undecided

. . . And I'm still laughing! grin

mukina2:

i have given up on you all cheesy

Lai-lai!! I will never gee vup on you!

mukina2:

no matter what you say . it doesn get to me

No one is seeking to get at you. lipsrsealed

mukina2:

i am a muslim and will always remain one

Great! With the lost Torah and Injil! Let's celebrate! grin
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 19, 2007
@ Mukina2

What are you giving up? It's not like you've been trying to help us see the "truth" from your point of view. all you've done is use childish attempts at lame humor to dribble your way out of tricky situations that should prick a normal individual with the slightest ability to reason.
What we say is not directly aimed at you. You are absolutely free to remain a muslim, the same Jesus Christ said; let him that is wicked be wicked still. Eternal life is a thing of choice.
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 9:25pm On May 19, 2007
@Telly B
i do not know if you are new here or was once a member who got shown a red card cheesy
on a more serious note
reasons why i say little or nothing at all .And only post my thoughts on Muslims only thread is that
- Christians on Nairaland in attempts to bring down Islam , say a lot of crazy things about the prophet of Islam .
As a kid i was told that .if someone wants to say something about Islam listen and say exactly what you should say, but if someone refers anything to the Prophet of Islam .Ignore them.

to be honest here
you guys sppend all ur time making fun of Islam .
it hasnt helped that so many " New converts" come up with sick stories and some many " i have seen the light" coming up with stories from Propaganda sites.
I know all the christians here are "highly intelligent' and muslims are either illitrate, " keep expressing there ignorance"
you have all claimed that we are living in the darkness and you are in the light .
stay in your light and leave us in our darkness .
everyone for him/herself .God for us all .
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 9:27pm On May 19, 2007
yep am muslim and incha allah my grandchildrens will be too.
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by TellyB(m): 9:56pm On May 19, 2007
mukina2:

@Telly B
i do not know if you are new here or was once a member who got shown a red card
cheesy

Don't sob so hard. I'm not going to be here for long anyway. . . or I just might happen to stay for a lil longer!! cheesy

mukina2:

on a more serious note
reasons why i say little or nothing at all .And only post my thoughts on Muslims only thread is that
- Christians on Nairaland in attempts to bring down Islam , say a lot of crazy things about the prophet of Islam .

I noticed; and apologise to you about that. I can't excuse myself for only just joining the Forum; but you won't read me playing the "tit-for-tat" games.

What astonishes me is that some lazy Muslims only slice their middle region in the process of defending their religion - because they think that by attacking Jesus and saying crazy things about Him, they're getting back at Christians! grin

More than that, this is the first place where I'm reading of a Muslim referring to Muslim authors as "deluded authors that lied in order to deceive"!! undecided

mukina2:

As a kid i was told that .if someone wants to say something about Islam listen and say exactly what you should say, but if someone refers anything to the Prophet of Islam .Ignore them.

I've heard that, too. . . and I can't remember the text shown to me by one of my many rascal friends in school for that. I could post it if and when I find it.

mukina2:

to be honest here
you guys sppend all your time making fun of Islam .

Not true, and that's the interpretation often given to excuse common sense for ignorance.

If at all, the same "making fun" can be said of your Muslim apologists whom I don't remember you guys saying anything of caution to when they go happy clappy on their adventures. And I'm being honest.

mukina2:

it hasnt helped that so many " New converts" come up with sick stories and some many " i have seen the light" coming up with stories from Propaganda sites.

Did you say anything about the propaganda posting of the Khadijat who claimed that she had seen the light in Islam after having been a pastor for over a decade? Her propaganda story was posted on this Forum; but I did not see any Muslim object to that!

mukina2:

I know all the christians here are "highly intelligent' and muslims are either illitrate, " keep expressing there ignorance"

I believe everyone is intelligent enough to hold an honest and intellectual debate, until proven otherwise.

Infact sef, no be Qur'an talk say there are men devoted to learning among the Christians?? grin

mukina2:

you have all claimed that we are living in the darkness and you are in the light .

And Muslims have all claimed from their Qur'an that Christians are pagans and the worst of creatures!! Am I lying??

mukina2:

stay in your light and leave us in our darkness .

The choice is yours - and you know light when you see it!

mukina2:

everyone for him/herself .God for us all .

I never heard it preached at all like that in Islam. Allah in Islam has never said he is "for us all!"
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 19, 2007
mukina2:

the funny thing is that islam more and more begins to look like a religion for automated robots who lack the ability to reason for themselves and make informed choices. That is what clearly delineates it from christianity. You can be preached to as a child by your parents but at the end of the day, the choice to follow Christ is your to make.

Have you ever stopped to ask why you were told as a kid to ignore those who raise questions about the prophet? Is it a crime to study more closely the life of the one person that holds the keys to the lives of millions in this life and in the hereafter?
Have you ever wondered why Christians are bold to talk about their saviour and Lord while muslims either cower in painful silence or react violently anytime their prophet is mentioned?

What really does it mean that you should "say exactly what you should say" when you are questioned about islam? Are there specified answers for certain questions that you must give?
Why can you reply when it comes to islam but forced to maintain silence on the part of mohammed? Is it possible to separate mohammed from islam? Have you ever wondered if there is something to hide siince you are bound by a code of silence when it comes to your prophet neither are you allowed to see what he looked like?

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to think outside the box and not merely following the crowd?
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by mukina2: 2:48pm On May 20, 2007
Have you ever stopped to ask why you were told as a kid to ignore those who raise questions about the prophet?

some Questions do not  really merit an answer .tell me  if you guys call him  names all the time, how do you expect me to answer  to you, without further provocation?

Is it a crime to study more closely the life of the one person that holds the keys to the lives of millions in this life and in the hereafter?

no one said it is a crime, but the way you guys go about ur questioning is not the right way.
If half the queries  are done with less name calling and taunts, then a whole lot of muslims will reply  to you guys. there are lots of muslims here but some avoid this religion board because of the way you guys go on.

Have you ever wondered why Christians are bold to talk about their saviour and Lord while muslims either cower in painful silence or react violently anytime their prophet is mentioned?

Muslims are also bold  to talk about Islam provided , it goes the right way.
if you were the ask me about Muhammad (saw) and you did so with all sincerity.
i will answer you. But if you do so with malicious comments, i'll simply ignore that and carry on .
Re: Are You Still A Muslim? by TellyB(m): 3:04pm On May 20, 2007
mukina2:

some Questions do not really merit an answer .tell me if you guys call him names all the time, how do you expect me to answer to you, without further provocation?

What beats me is the idea of a Muslim denouncing fellow Muslim authors as "deluded authors that lied in order to deceive"; and then trying to ridicule their own Prophet Jesus in the idea that they are getting back at Christians! I wonder why no Muslim has called the attention of their Muslim brother to that misanthrope behaviour.

mukina2:

no one said it is a crime, but the way you guys go about your questioning is not the right way.

What is the "right way" to set forth questions - especially the ones that some of your Muslim brethren have set theirs forth?

mukina2:

If half the queries are done with less name calling and taunts, then a whole lot of muslims will reply to you guys. there are lots of muslims here but some avoid this religion board because of the way you guys go on.

The same rule should apply across board; and I welcome that. I think that is something I have tried to maintain, so far as to ignore the petty "tit-for-tat" games by babs and still offer my questions. I haven't seen any answers yet to those questions.

mukina2:

Muslims are also bold to talk about Islam provided , it goes the right way.

Christians have also been confident in discussing Christianity.

mukina2:

if you were the ask me about Muhammad (saw) and you did so with all sincerity.
i will answer you. But if you do so with malicious comments, i'll simply ignore that and carry on .

I hope that same response could be applied to Muslims who have other agenda on their minds when they ask their questions about Jesus Christ and Christianity?

It is the element of sincerity that is seriously lacking in so many Muslim posts; that is why they have often called everyone else "ignorant fools" without even checking out the previous entries!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before Killing 13 People He Shouted "allah-u-akbar" (god Is Great) / Creeping Shariah, How Muslims Are "Taking Over The World creepishly", Lol / So Prophetic! Fr. Mbaka Assures To Resign If His Latest Prophecy Comes To Nought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.