Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Google Playstore Auto Updating - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Playstore Auto Updating (1187 Views)

This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. / How Can I Install Google Playstore Coolpad Android Phone / Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Playstore Auto Updating by missfrancess(f): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2019
Good morning to you all who knows how to stop Play store From auto updating,I have tried all I could I even disabled Play store clear cache instead it will keep showing Google play updating library support any idea on how to stop it. It drains my data
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by Raysleek: 9:27am On Aug 22, 2019
Open play store click the three horizontal lines at the top left corner.
Go to settings
Click auto update apps and select do not auto update apps
You can also click app download preference and select ask every time.

1 Like

Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by missfrancess(f): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2019
Raysleek:
Go to settings
I am not
talking about update app I am talking about Play support library it normally auto update
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2019
Not sure you can stop it.. They put that feature to ensure hackers don't do anything harmful to your phone via the playstore app, and it also keeps the playstore app up to date, if you use an iPhone then you'll know what I'm talking about
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by calddon(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2019
If you must use android phone with GAPPS then playstore background update is a must, whether you are signed in or not.
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by dermmy(m): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2019
missfrancess:
Good morning to you all who knows how to stop Play store From auto updating,I have tried all I could I even disabled Play store clear cache instead it will keep showing Google play updating library support any idea on how to stop it. It drains my data

Google playstore update does not drain data. May be you have some apps that suck your data in the background you can turn on data saver or get a good firewall to restrict those apps from connecting to internet.
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by natsuDragneel: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2019
Raysleek:
Go to settings

This won't work oga
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by natsuDragneel: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2019
dermmy:

Google playstore update does not drain data. May be you have some apps that suck your data in the background you can turn on data saver or get a good firewall to restrict those apps from connecting to internet.

Playstore update doesn't, Play support libraries update does... Though the latter's updates are not all that frequent
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by natsuDragneel: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2019
missfrancess:

Your best bet would probably to restrict the "Download manager" but that means you probably won't be able to download any other thing

I advise you to leave it though, those updates are not irrelevant or a mere waste of data

And it's also probably draining your data because the updates were not downloaded successfully(even if it reaches 100%), hence it'll keep restarting and sucking your data till it's successful
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by missfrancess(f): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
dermmy:

any app to restrict data
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by dermmy(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2019
missfrancess:
any app to restrict data

Download Netguard
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by missfrancess(f): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2019
dermmy:

Download Netguard
is this one the correct app restriction??
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by missfrancess(f): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2019
dermmy:

Download Netguard
Re: Google Playstore Auto Updating by missfrancess(f): 9:51am On Aug 25, 2019
[quote author=missfrancess post=81586841][/quote] should I download this one

(1) (Reply)

Pix!!brand New,sealed,lenovo S5,(red)global Version,4/64gb,with Gifts,40k / Infinix Hot 8 Review, Full Specific And Price In Nigeria / Realme Is Launching A New Device With Triple Camera And Bigger Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.