Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" (2107 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / ~UPDATED~ Rules And Regulations Of The Religion Forum ~UPDATED~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 15, 2007
We've all seen and heard testimonies of former zealous Muslims  who  dumped their Koran and all it's fairy tales for the gospel of the Lord Jesus.
Some just became atheists and agnostics.

Let us examine why and how they left the religion of peace,why anyone would want to leave Islam risking death as prescribed by the Koran
an excerpt.

[b]Muslims are expected to believe in such things, in a real sense, blindly, that is, with the submissive attitude of taqlid-the unquestioning acceptance of the rulings of earlier authorities! This itself is in consonance with the demand of ‘bila kayf(a)’to believe without asking ‘How?’ So we can see how Islam resists the use of the Mind to uncover truth to get to the true bottom of things. It is no surprise at all that we as growing Muslims, were soundly and regularly scolded, rebuked and even punished for asking ‘too many’ questions about doubtful and dubious aspects of Islamic teachings, the Qu’ran and the Hadith, by our ustazs/ustazahs (Islamic teachers). The typical response was: “These are God’s words, just believe it and obey it!” Later, we found out that they themselves were at a total loss, unable to handle and much less answer our honest questions with any semblance of intelligence or logic!

It was these kind of experiences which contributed to the shattering of my confidence and conviction in the veracity and truthfulness of Islam and its teachings. This religion also condemns strongly all kinds of ‘idol worship’ and ‘idolatry’. Muhammad, founder of Islam himself advocated the Muslim creed ‘'La-illa ha-ilallah', ‘There is no God but Allah’. Strangely but true, across the whole of the Islamic world since his time until now, all of the Muslims MUST daily bow in the direction of Mecca, towards the Black Stone housed in a heretofore pagan temple called the ‘Ka’abah’. Intelligently, if God or Allah is invisible; and everywhere, why make millions of Muslims bow and pay homage towards a former pagan Temple in Mecca with a black meteorite in it? Especially if there is no corroborating evidence whatsoever, that’s convincing enough proving that any of the other Prophets –like Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Moses, David or Jesus Christ and so forth, had EVEN set foot in Mecca, ever! What is the real significance to make compliant on all Muslims to bow towards the ‘hajarul aswad’ which is nothing more than a piece of black meteorite that fell out of the sky (and such happenings take place in other desert places the World over!) and now made into a glorified object of worship. This stone cannot speak, see, hear or breath, its nothing more than a piece of rock.[/b]

http://answering-islam.org/Testimonies/sharafuddin.html
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mrpataki(m): 7:27pm On May 15, 2007
[center]Religion of Piss! and be Pissed![/center]
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 15, 2007
ahem:

the recycling continues!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Christianity

excerpts

Atheists such as Daniel Dennett and Richard Dawkins argue that Christianity has sought to suppress rational enquiry and hence the quest for truth. Dawkins argues that the Bible actively discourages Christians from making rational inquiries about their faith.[citation needed]

The skeptical view of Christianity as irrational is supported by some Christians, who regard reason as irrelevant to their faith, or consider that their faith transcends rationality. Some Christians reject the relevance of rationalism outright. Christian existentialist philosopher Soren Kierkegaard held that objective knowledge is useful but meaningless, and that only subjective belief has ultimate importance to humans. He promised, "I will not be reciting the multiplication tables on my deathbed."[citation needed]

yawn!do you think In can't lift direct from answering christianity.org?

or should the atheists in the houise come and tell us why they left christianity?
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Gwaine(m): 7:51pm On May 15, 2007
oyb:

The skeptical view of Christianity as irrational is supported by some Christians, who regard reason as irrelevant to their faith, or consider that their faith transcends rationality. . . ."[citation needed]

Isaiah 1:18 -- "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

oyb:

or should the atheists in the houise come and tell us why they left christianity?

Yep, they're free to do so. . . as long as they won't forget telling us how they also became fulltime committed Muslims! cool
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 15, 2007
oyb,read this again!

This religion also condemns strongly all kinds of ‘idol worship’ and ‘idolatry’. Muhammad, founder of Islam himself advocated the Muslim creed ‘'La-illa ha-ilallah', ‘There is no God but Allah’. Strangely but true, across the whole of the Islamic world since his time until now, all of the Muslims MUST daily bow in the direction of Mecca, towards the Black Stone housed in a heretofore pagan temple called the ‘Ka’abah’. Intelligently, if God or Allah is invisible; and everywhere, why make millions of Muslims bow and pay homage towards a former pagan Temple in Mecca with a black meteorite in it? Especially if there is no corroborating evidence whatsoever, that’s convincing enough proving that any of the other Prophets –like Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Moses, David or Jesus Christ and so forth, had EVEN set foot in Mecca, ever!

that is the main essence in the excerpt not your little part to sidetrack us.
That was the main reason the guy (amongst others)
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Gwaine(m): 8:18pm On May 15, 2007
@oyb,

oyb:

ahem:

the recycling continues!

You don cough finish? cool
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 15, 2007
oyb,read this again!

This religion also condemns strongly all kinds of ‘idol worship’ and ‘idolatry’. Muhammad, founder of Islam himself advocated the Muslim creed ‘'La-illa ha-ilallah', ‘There is no God but Allah’. Strangely but true, across the whole of the Islamic world since his time until now, all of the Muslims MUST daily bow in the direction of Mecca, towards the Black Stone housed in a heretofore pagan temple called the ‘Ka’abah’. Intelligently, if God or Allah is invisible; and everywhere, why make millions of Muslims bow and pay homage towards a former pagan Temple in Mecca with a black meteorite in it? Especially if there is no corroborating evidence whatsoever, that’s convincing enough proving that any of the other Prophets –like Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Moses, David or Jesus Christ and so forth, had EVEN set foot in Mecca, ever!

that is the main essence in the excerpt not your little part to sidetrack us.
That was the main reason the guy (amongst others) kissed that kaabah a final goodbye grin
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by nferyn(m): 9:50pm On May 15, 2007
oyb:

I never left Christianity, I was never a Christian even though I grew up in a nominally Christian culture. Both religions are equally irrational and anyone saying that he or she has got a rational foundation for his or her religion is self delusional. There is no rationality in submission and faith.

Maybe you should all ponder on the fact that people are leaving your religions in large numbers while hardly any atheist ever converts to a form of theism.
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mukina2: 9:52pm On May 15, 2007
people convert to Islam daily!

i wonder when this propaganda stories will end undecided
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Gwaine(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2007
The difference between this:

mukina2:

people convert to Islam daily!

. . . and this:

mukina2:

i wonder when this propaganda stories will end undecided

. . . is quite simply this: one is a statement; the other is a complaint. However, BOTH statements are propaganda!! grin grin

People convert to Islam everyday, true. But a Sheik has also noted that Muslims convert from Islam at an alarming rate as well (about 669 muslims in a day or so, can't remember). Was the Sheik also a propagandist?? cool
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mukina2: 10:30pm On May 15, 2007
haaaa grin Gwaine this is why i didnt miss you cheesy

the first staement is true
the second one is a propaganda and thats that!
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Gwaine(m): 12:09am On May 16, 2007
Okay. Finito.

But since you didn't miss me, your wish will be attended to. . . for a few days (so that this bobo for my side go let me rest!) grin
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mukina2: 12:13am On May 16, 2007
dont leave o i dey joke i missed you cheesy

i want david and babyosisi to leave cheesy
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Gwaine(m): 12:32am On May 16, 2007
I'm not leaving forever. Actually our offices have to be refurbished - equipments have to be moved, blah-blah. Will only take a few days; and I'll be back. The PC at home is no good - destroyed by games virus.

Enjoy! cool
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Gwaine(m): 12:33am On May 16, 2007
Pksst:

. . . and yes, I miss and a lot other people O!
cheesy
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Nobody: 1:24am On May 16, 2007
mukina2:

If that one na prayer, e no go work! grin I dey kampe! cheesy
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by WesleyanA(f): 1:44am On May 16, 2007
well, people leave christianity too.

i agree with Mukina. It's all propaganda. There was a radiocast about this same topic on NPR and i couldn't believe how ridiculous it was. The whole time was spent bashing muslims as terrorists and the so called ex-mislims as victims. They created their support group and all that. ridiculous.

well maybe i'm biased since i've heard about a support group for new muslims too. but i really don't seem to see anything wrong with Islam as a religion as compared to christianity.
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Nobody: 9:41am On May 16, 2007
[b]Dogma (the plural is either dogmata or dogmas, Greek δόγμα, plural δόγματα) is the established belief or doctrine held by a religion, ideology or any kind of organization, thought to be authoritative and not to be disputed or doubted. While in the context of religion the term is largely descriptive, outside of religion its current usage tends to carry a pejorative connotation — referring to concepts as being "established" only according to a particular point of view, and thus one of doubtful foundation.

[edit] Dogma in religion
Religious dogmata, properly conceived, reach back to proofs other than themselves, and ultimately faith. Perhaps the pinnacle of organized exposition of theological dogma is the Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas, who proposed this relationship between faith and objection: "If our opponent believes nothing of divine revelation, there is no longer any means of proving the articles of faith by reasoning, but only of answering his objections — if he has any — against faith" (I 1 cool,

Dogmata are found in many religions such as Christianity and Islam, where they are considered core principles that must be upheld by all followers of that religion. As a fundamental element of religion, the term "dogma" is assigned to those theological tenets which are considered to be well demonstrated, such that their proposed disputation or revision effectively means that a person no longer accepts the given religion as his or her own, or has entered into a period of personal doubt. Dogma is distinguished from theological opinion regarding those things considered less well-known. Dogmata may be clarified and elaborated but not contradicted in novel teachings (e.g., Galatians 1:8-9). Rejection of dogma is considered heresy in certain religions, and may lead to expulsion from the religious group.

For most of Eastern Christianity, the dogmata are contained in the Nicene Creed and the canons of two, three, or seven ecumenical councils (depending on whether one is Nestorian, Oriental Orthodox, or Eastern Orthodox). Catholics also hold as dogma the decisions of 14 later councils and two decrees promulgated by popes exercising papal infallibility (see immaculate conception and Assumption of Mary). Protestants to differing degrees affirm portions of these dogmata, and often rely on denomination-specific 'Statements of Faith' which summarize their chosen dogmata (see, e.g., Eucharist).

In Islam, the dogmatic principles are contained in the aqidah.

Within many Christian denominations, "dogma" is instead referred to as "doctrine"[/b]

Quite simply,

this is nothing more than

"my dogma big pass your own"

a final note:in all times, Unbelievers have always outnumbered believers.They have always mocked believers.

Poor converts . the wide and crooked path is so tempting. . . .
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mukina2: 1:15pm On May 16, 2007
Gwaine pls do not come back

david , yeah and i add pataki to that list .you all must leave grin

and pls do not forget to bag up that noise grin

e don do
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mrpataki(m): 1:40pm On May 16, 2007
mukina2:

Gwaine please do not come back

david , yeah and i add [b]pataki [/b]to that list .you all must leave grin

and please do not forget to bag up that noise grin

e don do

In this one, forget it! Muki Muki tongue

I dey kampe and solid too. In fact, I will forever remain here to make the world a better place.
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mukina2: 1:44pm On May 16, 2007
mrpataki:

In this one, forget it! Muki Muki tongue

I dey kampe and solid too. In fact, I will forever remain here to make the world a better place.

go away haba .you are not needed here tongue tongue

you corrupt the world tongue
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mrpataki(m): 1:58pm On May 16, 2007
mukina2:

go away haba .you are not needed here tongue tongue

you corrupt the world tongue

. . . . . . . You have started again? I have decided to leave you alone, you come again chasing me around embarassed embarassed embarassed

Next, you begin to shout am chasing you here and there tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mukina2: 2:02pm On May 16, 2007
mrpataki:

. . . . . . . You have started again? I have decided to leave you alone, you come again chasing me around embarassed embarassed embarassed

Next, you begin to shout am chasing you here and there tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
you started o not me tongue tongue

leave me alone is that too much to ask for angry tongue
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mrpataki(m): 2:42pm On May 16, 2007
mukina2:

you started o not me tongue tongue

leave me alone is that too much to ask for angry tongue

You pretend a lot! tongue
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 16, 2007
Muki and Mr pataki,must you people show your secret love in every thread?
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by olutomiwa(m): 7:04pm On May 16, 2007
mukina2:

don't leave o i dey joke i missed you cheesy

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,muki muki,you just dey take style toast the bobo,he good sa,but if you really want the guy you know what to do,become a CHRISTAIN,the bobo fit CONSIDER you if him never MARRY,because for him religion no room for two not to talk of FOUR and na only you go dey use him "ENGINE" grin
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mrpataki(m): 7:53pm On May 16, 2007
babyosisi:

Muki and Mr pataki,must you people show your secret love in every thread?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . chei Babyosisi, see me so shocked shocked shocked shocked

Secret love ke ? ? ? ? Me I no dey oh! grin grin grin

Mukina you see what you have caused now? tongue tongue Leave me alone! With all my post about your Muhammad, am sure you seriously need my head embarassed embarassed tongue
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by gbadex1(m): 8:14pm On May 16, 2007
Jesus, i'm already having a headache up in this mutha. gotta get out of here. *shakes head at muki muki mukiladun and man pataks tonguecheesy*
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mrpataki(m): 8:25pm On May 16, 2007
gbade. x:

Jesus, i'm already having a headache up in this mutha. gotta get out of here. *shakes head at muki muki mukiladun and man pataks tonguecheesy*
grin grin grin grin grin
Mukiladun grin grin grin grin

Gbade.x how you doing ogbeni? cool cool Been a while now.
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mukina2: 10:15pm On May 16, 2007
you are all not fair cry
pataki started angry
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mukina2: 10:25pm On May 16, 2007
why you lying angry tongue
do not reply this post and leave me alone angry
Re: Why They Left The "Religion Of Peace" by mrpataki(m): 10:39pm On May 16, 2007
Leave me alone angry = = leave me alone angry angry grin grin grin

This is getting hilarious for me!

You must be a jester in the making cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Overcome Addiction As A Christian? - Pastor Chris / Why Are Nairalanders More Apt To Criticize Christianity than other Religions / List Of Nigerian Pastors Who molest Church Members Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.