Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? - Islam for Muslims (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (111562 Views)

Why Do Muslims Face The East ? / Why Do Muslims Face Mecca When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Face The Moon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem:

You are too slow. What is the name of your Lord of Host? Who is hosting your life Tour God not islams

It amazes me that every time you say something, you're confirming Christian truths all the more. I know that the God who holds and guides me is "not islams" as you correctly said.  grin

So, what has happened to the HELL issue of Sura 19:71?? cool
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 25, 2007
Telly B:

Hehe. . this one up there is still desperate to get out of HELL, that's why all his sweat! He forgets that a thing decreed as irrevocable with Allah does not change!! grin cheesy

If insults were a "get out of hell" card, Al Raheem would long have landed in jannah. grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2007
The Father doesn't fry anyone. If that is what Islam teaches, I'd be glad to read it in your tafsir, as it does not appear in the Qur'an.

Meanwhile, the Muslims knew nothing about the name of the God revealed to the Biblical prophets.

Toss a coin here: if you can tell me His name, then I will show you what that means in Islam. That is the reason why up until now I have been focusing on Sura 19:71.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 5:06pm On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem:

ok got it? it means the name of the THe GOD of Abram Abraham. The Grandfather of Christianity and Islam. Ishmael and Isaac, You suck so bad bye bye boy and like

Okay. Do have a great weekend. And thanks again for another one of those usual Islamic thing, eh? grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Tweetie(f): 5:07pm On May 25, 2007
They are going to hell and they know it. not just to fry but to roast grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2007
Well, may God open their eyes to the only escape from HELL - the precious Son of God, Jesus Christ. smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 25, 2007
Tweetie:

They are going to hell and they know it. not just to fry but to roast grin

depends on their works, "comparatively" the pious ones may be eligible for the "less hot part" of hell and an earlier parole from hell than others. grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem:

ok got it? it means the name of the THe GOD of Abram Abraham. The Grandfather of Christianity and Islam. Ishmael and Isaac, You suck so bad bye bye boy and like

the same desperate struggle to tie islam and christianity together through Abraham's apron strings. Sadly its clear that both are as far apart as the east is from the west.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 5:20pm On May 25, 2007
davidylan:

the pious ones may be eligible for the "less hot part" of hell and an earlier parole from hell than others. grin

"Wey oyb now?? Which part hot pass?"
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by ryu11(m): 5:28pm On May 25, 2007
It's getting pretty HOT in here. I suggest some of us should try to read the RULES and REGULATIONS for using this forum.

Thanx.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 5:49pm On May 25, 2007
It has always been hot in here; and yes, some of us read the rules of posting on the Forum.

If it were cold, boring, and weathered. . . where would this motherboard be? I'm not advocating unreasonable exchanges; and I still happily thank those who send any my way. The bottomline is that issues must be discussed. cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mukina2: 6:43pm On May 25, 2007
will do you a world of good to quietly ignore this thread because Al Raheem has just stoked the fire. when someone completely unrelated to the religion thread and ON the sports thread called you a terrorist, you came crying and sobbing on the religion thread looking for sympathy. Why have you not rebuked Al Raheem? Or are you trying to pretend not to see his clear but empty threats

when will you learn how to talk to people?

was my post in any way refered to you?
how many times must i tell you this

i never asked for ur sympathy or any one's own

@Nossy cheek do not start, this time if you do, i wont stop!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 25, 2007
mukina2:

when will you learn how to talk to people?

grin When will you learn to stop sobbing over trivial issues?
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mukina2: 6:52pm On May 25, 2007
davidylan:

grin When will you learn to stop sobbing over trivial issues?

i wasnt sobbing , iwas making my mind known

cuz i do not want other anti-muslim forces coming down on me everywhere i turn .
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by debosky(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2007
david this is your last warning: cease and desist from harassing my sister Muki or face the consequences angry
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 25, 2007
debosky:

david this is your last warning: cease and desist from harassing my sister Muki or face the consequences angry

u better focus on those polymers! grin

mukina2:

i wasnt sobbing , iwas making my mind known

because i do not want other anti-muslim forces coming down on me everywhere i turn .

Dear, its amazing you made ur mind known on the religion thread when the insult was on the sports thread. dapsycool does not visit the religion thread neither does he contribute, none of us here despite our mini-fights will ever call you a terrorist and you can bear us witness. At the end of the day dapsycool was busy enjoying himself while you and ur band were here crucifying us.

Nne, while you accused others of calling you names on that thread, many were also using the opportunity to call others names and rather than call them to order you chose to take sides!

Did you miss Al Raheem's death threats? You all make a mountain out of a molehill anytime someone CORRECTLY points out the violent nature of islam and yet gloss over when such statements of hate are made by muslims.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by olutomiwa(m): 6:59pm On May 25, 2007
debosky:

shakara oloje ni,shakara oloje ni,shakara  oloje ni.Is muki muki your sister in islam or sister in wink
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mukina2: 7:12pm On May 25, 2007
david you see get ur facts staraight .

if he didnt vist here, how did he know i was a muslim?

havnt you seen his numerous hate posts?

he posted it on sports which was why i posted mine on religion.

my post had noting to do with Raheem's own .

it was directed at nossy cheek for generalising .
she didnt say Al Raheem she said all muslims which was why i replied to her post.

Debo . wink this is how he is o
when he hears muslim or sees one he doesnt rest.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 7:19pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 7:40pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 8:16pm On May 25, 2007
There's no truth in the so-called concept of Islam being a religion of peace. Your own attitude as a Muslim who is unable to deal with issues and resorting to abuses are solid testimony of the fact.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by needeeg(m): 8:41pm On May 25, 2007
The direction Muslims must face when they pray is called the qibla. What they face, strictly speaking, is not Mecca but the revered Kaaba (spellings vary), the central shrine in Mecca's Great Mosque, which is Islam's holiest place. As one might suppose, the qibla varies from place to place, but an effort is made to enforce uniformity in any given location. In places where Muslims are accustomed to praying, it's not uncommon to see the qibla indicated by an arrow on the ceiling with the legend Makkah (Mecca). You want to make sure you get lined up right, because a prayer carelessly sent in the wrong direction is invalid, or so some believe. In the early days of the faith, determining the local qibla was a pretty basic proposition. According to the noted eighth-century imam Abu Hanifah, "The qibla of the people of the western countries is toward east; the qibla of the people of the eastern countries is toward west; the qibla of the people of the southern countries is toward north; and the qibla of the people of the northern countries is toward south."

This may not seem like the world's most exacting standard, but don't be fooled--it taxed the science of the day. Various methods were proposed to determine direction, such as prevailing winds, mountains, etc., but the most reliable by far was felt to be sighting on Polaris, the north star. This, along with the need to compute prayer times based on sun location, gave rise to an interest in astronomy, navigation, and related subjects that put the Muslim world centuries ahead of Europe.

As time went on and scientific understanding improved, the determination of the qibla became increasingly precise. Today you can use a personal computer to determine the qibla to within fractions of a degree of arc for most major cities on the globe. (See for example www.timepalette.com/macqibla.html.)
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by gbadex1(m): 8:47pm On May 25, 2007
^ lol, i was about saying something similar to that. This Raheem dude is in obvious need of them purple haze hozac pills for the depressed. . .
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem:

I dare say so. When I say-That real muslims and Christian exists side by side. You are not either one of them. Take that stick out yur ass. We want to be happy and not have confused baboons by us:
"Millions march to Beirut to protest the Syrian Presence in lebanon. Muslims and Christians alike stand side by side to cry out for their right to live free. "

And as at present the Lebanese forces are locked in battle with al queada and the islamic jihad in Beirut. Peace indeed!  grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 9:04pm On May 25, 2007
@needeeg,

needeeg:

You want to make sure you get lined up right, because a prayer carelessly sent in the wrong direction is invalid, or so some believe.

This is why we continue to question this issue of having to face a particular direction in prayer in Islam. Why is one's prayer considered invalid on account of not being rightly oriented in the direction of the qiblah? If Allah's face is wheresoever a Muslim turns, why would a prayer offered in another direction mean that it becomes "invalid"?

needeeg:

In the early days of the faith, determining the local qibla was a pretty basic proposition. According to the noted eighth-century imam Abu Hanifah, "The qibla of the people of the western countries is toward east; the qibla of the people of the eastern countries is toward west; the qibla of the people of the southern countries is toward north; and the qibla of the people of the northern countries is toward south."

Right. Even at that, the imam was still wrong if he thought it was that simplistic.

needeeg:

This may not seem like the world's most exacting standard, but don't be fooled--it taxed the science of the day. Various methods were proposed to determine direction, such as prevailing winds, mountains, etc., but the most reliable by far was felt to be sighting on Polaris, the north star. This, along with the need to compute prayer times based on sun location, gave rise to an interest in astronomy, navigation, and related subjects that put the Muslim world centuries ahead of Europe.

Wrong. Astronomy was a well establish discipline at least 6 centuries before the emergence of Islam. Rather, Islam borrowed from knowledge already established and consolidated on them to forge their education.

Second, what has happened to the prayers made by Muslims before the direction of the qiblah was accurately determined?

needeeg:

As time went on and scientific understanding improved, the determination of the qibla became increasingly precise. Today you can use a personal computer to determine the qibla to within fractions of a degree of arc for most major cities on the globe. (See for example www.timepalette.com/macqibla.html.)

And if one should fail by the margin of accuracy, are the prayers counted as invalid as well?

Besides, we're still waiting for the Muslim answer as to the significance of the Kaa'ba in Islam.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by needeeg(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2007
And why there prayers wouldn't be invalid?, because they have been tould that if such your prayers will be invalid after roll.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 9:33pm On May 25, 2007
needeeg:

And why there prayers wouldn't be invalid?, because they have been tould that if such your prayers will be invalid after roll.

Do you realize that you're contradicting what is actually taught in Islam? I'd like you to take some time off and go review this issue and come back before we discuss further. The issues here are convoluted because:

(a) Islam teaches that prayers offered in any direction are NOT invalid

(b) now you're taking the slant views of some Muslims who say that such prayers
are invalid.

Would you like to go and review them and get the facts?

Cheers. smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 9:45pm On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 9:48pm On May 25, 2007
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.