Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

On Faith And Medicine - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Faith And Medicine (3472 Views)

Download 47 Free Ebooks & Mp3 Audios By Kenneth E. Hagin On Faith, Healing, / Download 40 Free Ebooks & Mp3 Downloads By Dr. Myles Munroe On Faith, Family, Po / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Faith And Medicine by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
Dantedasz:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

#dead
Re: On Faith And Medicine by budaatum: 12:07am On Aug 28, 2019
Guest007:

you do me something with this comment... I'm left breathless. Thank you
You are most welcome. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: On Faith And Medicine by HappyPagan: 11:39am On Sep 01, 2019
Guest007:

you're really brave to share this... cool
Thanks Guest grin
Re: On Faith And Medicine by HappyPagan: 5:37am On Sep 30, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Nwanne, I'm very sorry for your pain. I already knew some of your story - you've told it before, and I don't remember now if you told me in person but you may have too. I'm sorry.

Thanks, Bro. Yeah, I think I mentioned it while we were at my cousin's place (he's the one who lost his wife to cancer sometime last year).

Ihedinobi3:

This experience that you had is, while not quite like mine, the kind of thing that drove me to seeking to understand the Bible as perfectly as I could.
Seed of faith and faithful tithing did not get my dad's debtors to pay him. We lived from hand to mouth for a long time. In fact, my siblings still think the way, or close, I used to, and many of them are still dealing with the same kind of financial difficulties we grew up with.
I couldn't take platitudes as answers after a while, so I struck out on my own to find the Truth, whatever it might be. That is what has brought me where you now see me.
There is the strong possibility of worse pain than any human mind today can even begin to imagine for many like me on the threshold of that horrendous time. The only way that I know how to deal with it is to hang all my hopes and desires on whatever the Lord Jesus says. I am confident that nothing I could have or lose in this life is in any way comparable to the least that the Lord has for anyone who chooses to trust Him with their lives today. That is my own investment strategy.

I'm glad you've found a way to handle pain through Christ Jesus. For me, ever since leaving the faith, I've found myself to be a much more resilient person than I ever thought I'd be. Self-responsibility, self-care, I've increased in this attributes since I became Christless. I've found my legs strong enough to carry my weight, since I threw away the crutches of faith.

I don't see pain as an investment - I think it's part of the growth process. We'll all pass through pain through one form or other through this journey in life - what matters is the who comes out at the end.

I've seen my dad become very negative and toxic. My mom lives with a lot of fear and terror, which I hope one day she admits, rather than quoting verses at imaginary spirits. If this is how Christ treats those who love him, I think he can do much better for his lovers.

Ihedinobi3:

Again, I wish with all my heart that those who pretend to know anything about God and teach others were people who did know something about Him. If they did, you may have been better prepared for the things that befell you. But there is still today, and you are still alive. There are people who do know and who can teach you, if you want to learn.
Ah, I think say I don graduate sef. grin

Ihedinobi3:

Children close their eyes and pretend that there are no monsters under their beds. Indeed there may not be. But wise adults get a flashlight and any weapon they have to make sure that they can sleep when they close their eyes.
Some of us sleep in graveyards. Fear exists in the mind alone.
Re: On Faith And Medicine by Ihedinobi3: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
HappyPagan:

Thanks, Bro. Yeah, I think I mentioned it while we were at my cousin's place (he's the one who lost his wife to cancer sometime last year).

I'm glad you've found a way to handle pain through Christ Jesus. For me, ever since leaving the faith, I've found myself to be a much more resilient person than I ever thought I'd be. Self-responsibility, self-care, I've increased in this attributes since I became Christless. I've found my legs strong enough to carry my weight, since I threw away the crutches of faith.

I don't see pain as an investment - I think it's part of the growth process. We'll all pass through pain through one form or other through this journey in life - what matters is the who comes out at the end.

I've seen my dad become very negative and toxic. My mom lives with a lot of fear and terror, which I hope one day she admits, rather than quoting verses at imaginary spirits. If this is how Christ treats those who love him, I think he can do much better for his lovers.

Ah, I think say I don graduate sef. grin

Some of us sleep in graveyards. Fear exists in the mind alone.
Wow! I'm sorry, my brother. I had no idea. How are they holding up? And the little one I met then? That was their child (were they more than one, I forget now), correct?

I agree that pain is not forever. No one who has lived a moment in this world can escape pain, but it is true that it is only something we pass through. The world is structured to let everyone make a decision about God as to whether any joy or pleasure is worth rebelling against Him for or whether any pain or trouble is worth rebelling against Him for. No one can escape this testing. But it is only testing, it is not meant to last forever. However, rejection of the Lord in Christ pretty much guarantees that worse pain than one can possibly imagine will be the rebel's portion for eternity. That is a very terrible thing indeed. Why should anyone choose that?

As for dealing with the pain of this life, it is possible to get into denial about what it is about in order to handle it. We possess a free will, after all. But the same way that drinking or doing drugs to dull some pain or deal with the depression of this life gives the drinker or the addict some momentary reprieve without actually doing anything about the source of the pain and depression, rejecting God's Authority and Love, and even denying His Existence may grant you momentary reprieve from the real business of life, but it won't last forever. In time, we will all die and come face to face with reality, like the drunk waking up from his alcoholic stupor. That is not a pleasant way to face reality. Not even for the drunk.

As for your parents' experiences, I am sorry that things are the way they are for them, but this is precisely why the Lord gave the Holy Spirit, the Bible, and pastor-teachers to the Church. It is to explain what is really going on with life in this world, so that we can each handle the business of living in the best way. But the Lord gave each person the Image of God, so we cannot be forced either to be interested in the Truth about Life or to submit to pastor-teachers or to read the Bible. So, many Christians are basically partying on a battlefield or willfully groping around one with blindfolds on. For this reason, they don't deal very well with the testing of this life. Many - probably all Christians - start out with next to no idea what is really going on, even after believing in Jesus Christ, but we all get wake-up calls to tell us to get serious and start learning everything that the Bible has to say from the right authorities, but not all of us listen. Sometimes, these wake-up calls only end up embittering us against God, so that we apostatize. That is a terrible thing, but it shows just how committed people can be to resisting God's Authority.

Anyhow, your choice is yours, and as much as I wish that you chose different, I respect it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Faith And Medicine by WinningEleven(m): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
hakeem4:
Well, that was a good read.

To your aunty who claimed God’s word must come to pass in her life. I have nothing to say about her because most believers are like that.

There was one elderly man in my area who had appendicitis. He was supposed to go for the surgery to remove it before it ruptured. But he was advised by some of his colleagues in his church that he should not go for the surgery, that god was going to heal him. In my mind I didn’t even advise him cause at least the world would be less of one stupid person. So months later he died. During his funeral I was hearing things like “ our brother has gone to be with the lord”. I was just smiling in my mind and wondering why do we have this type of stupid people in the 21st century.

Since I’ve been born, I have never seen a time prayer worked

I'm sorry but it seems your prayers were not answered or you were too blind or stubborn to see that prayer that worked for you. The latter is more likely.

Turn to God today and see wonders happen to your life. I am a living witness
Re: On Faith And Medicine by JeromeBlack: 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
WinningEleven:

I'm sorry but it seems your prayers were not answered or you were too blind or stubborn to see that prayer that worked for you. The latter is more likely.

Prayers dont work. It is 100 percent provable. We have been praying for nigeria to improve for decades, yet nothing.

Fun fact; winning eleven is made by atheists. Most japanese dont believe in God.
Re: On Faith And Medicine by hakeem4(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
WinningEleven:

prayers don’t work it’s a known fact!

When people need rain they see a meteorologist who forecasts the weather. People do not pray for rain anymore.

When people are choking they don’t pray, they perform the Heimlich maneuver.
These are the few examples people use to pray for. So with these few examples I hope you can see prayers are irrelevant
Re: On Faith And Medicine by WinningEleven(m): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Prayers dont work. It is 100 percent provable. We have been praying for nigeria to improve for decades, yet nothing.
See brother, open your eyes to the truth
The salvation of Nigeria is coming in a way most people don't expect.
Do you know that Nigeria is the first born of Africa in the eyes of the Lord?
Did you know that the mantles of the holy spirit is upon Nigeria? Why do you think Nigeria has this much problems? The devil isn't happy about it!

I can't explain everything here. The Mark of God is on Nigeria and those who knows, knows.

JeromeBlack:

Fun fact; winning eleven is made by atheists. Most japanese dont believe in God.

So what do you want me to do now?

Okay, the phone you used to type this too was made by atheists (Americans or Chinese).

The car you use is built by atheists. Do what you think you want me to do after reading that.

Lot lived in the city of Sodom amidst sinners. Did it stop him from living life? No!
Re: On Faith And Medicine by WinningEleven(m): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
hakeem4:
prayers don’t work it’s a known fact!

When people need rain they see a meteorologist who forecasts the weather. People do not pray for rain anymore.

You're trying so hard to convince yourself yet it is futile. I will only quote some bible verses for you.

Genesis Chapter 2 Verse 5

No bush of the field was yet on the earth and no vegetation of the field had began to sprout because JEHOVAH GOD HAD NOT MADE IT RAIN ON THE EARTH and there was no man to cultivate it.

A true prayer and supplication to God will surely make it rain because Jehovah God reigns over all things. A person who performed such a feat was Elijah.

1 Kings Chapter 18 Verse 43-45.

He said to his attendant "Go up please, and look towards the sea." So he went up and looked and said "There is nothing at all." Seven times Elijah said "Go back." The seventh time his attendant said "Look! There is a small cloud like a man's hand ascending out of the sea." He now said: "Go, say to Ahab 'Hitch up the chariot! Go down so the downpour may not detain you! Meanwhile the sky grew dark with clouds, the wind blew, and a heavy downpour fell; and Ahab kept riding and made his way to Jez're.el

Think about this. Connect the dots
Re: On Faith And Medicine by HappyPagan: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bump.
Re: On Faith And Medicine by HappyPagan: 11:40pm On May 18, 2020
Plunk.
Re: On Faith And Medicine by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
MrPresident1:
The dark skinned people are mentally dead and cannot help themselves.

God and science are not parallel lines, they are the same and contiguous, but I doubt you OP know this, otherwise many of the nonsense you say on this forum you wouldn't say it. God created the world and everything in it; the Higgs Boson is the God particle, it is the basis of all matter in the universe. No Higgs= no matter= no universe, and it is called the God-particle, please ponder if you can.

Please spare us your lengthy drivel this morning, you are just as confused as others, with no real understanding of the real issues of how the world is run.
The mentally dead will not stay mentally dead forever.
You need to go get your brain screwed back on so you can reason with it please.

Jesus Christ Himself said that it is the sick who need a physician... obviously, God never commanded people against getting help when they need it. No where in scripture did God or Jesus Christ command folks not to see a physician when one is sick.
Re: On Faith And Medicine by MrPresident1: 7:19am On Oct 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You need to go get your brain screwed back on so you can reason with it please.

Jesus Christ Himself said that it is the sick who need a physician... obviously, God never commanded people against getting help when they need it. No where in scripture did God or Jesus Christ command folks not to see a physician when one is sick.

Your daddy is sick

animal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Children,babies And Aborted Feutus Go To Hell Or Heaven? / A Must Read For All The Regular Posters In The Religion Section / How The Power Of Coincidence Favoured Me Against The Evil Religion Of Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.