Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi (27242 Views)

Amaechi: No Apology For Siting Transport University In Daura / Buhari Commissions Transport University In Daura, Amaechi, Ganduje, Masari Seen / Daura Transport University, Man Fumes Says Buhari's Madness Is Incomprehensible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by lilytender: 8:05am On Aug 25, 2019
dirtydiva:
i know you will come out from nowhere to defend him, a region in nigeria hv bn deprived of having a railway like others do hv yet he choose to build a legacy in a community that offers less to country economic growth. Where is South East, South South own share of railway?

Which region has been denied railway? Has Goatluck and PDP not built railways, waterways and airways in your SS and SE region? Politics is investment. You invest your votes and reap infrastructure and appointments. The North and the South-West invested their votes in Buhari and are reaping infrastructure and appointment. Go and meet Goatluck and Atikuchukwu for your infrastructure.
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2019
lilytender:

Which region has been denied railway? Has Goatluck and PDP not built railways, waterways and airways in your SS and SE region? Politics is investment. You invest your votes and reap infrastructure and appointments. The North and the South-West invested their votes in Buhari and are reaping infrastructure and appointment. Go and meet Goatluck and Atikuchukwu for your infrastructure.
Continue investing in a govt that is useless and visionless
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 25, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Is that the most intelligent thing your brain could come up with?
Wetin dey my brain pass your own in ten fold so shut the fvck up
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 25, 2019
Commentor:

As you dey wake your papa for morning.
Leave my papa from ds matter
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by Wickedfacts: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2019
dirtydiva:
Wetin dey my brain pass your own in ten fold so shut the fvck up

The contents of your brain are obvious for all to see.
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Oga shift
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by wirinet(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2019
SoNature:

Huncle, you don't know Amaechi.

He is not a gentleman.

You cannot go far in Rivers State politics if you are a gentleman.

But is Amaechi hardworking? Definitely!

The accomplishment of Amaechi in Rivers State education sector is unparalleled... nobody can beat that record

Amaechi is also doing a good job at federal level.

Although Buhari has a team of incompetent ministers, I consider Amaechi the pick of the bunch.

Amaechi is the most accomplished politician from the Niger delta and former eastern Nigeria. Here are his accomplishments which no other southerner (apart from those that have become presidents) achieved.
2 term speaker
2 term governor
Chairman, governors forum
2 term minister

The only executive position he is yet to attain is the president. I believe if the Niger Delta and the East leant their support for Amaechi in 2023, he can clinch the presidency. But then, his greatest enemy would be his people, especially the east.

1 Like

Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by wirinet(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2019
Biodun556:

He is the only igbo politician who has the potential to rule Nigeria not others who are ethnic bigots
Gbam! But then, would the igbos accept him. I am yet to see a single igbo politician or even non politicians supported by igbos.
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by yaki84: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2019
dirtydiva:
i know you will come out from nowhere to defend him, a region in nigeria hv bn deprived of having a railway like others do hv yet he choose to build a legacy in a community that offers less to country economic growth. Where is South East, South South own share of railway?
No mind dem, tmao now dem go blast gej for not doing anything in southsouth.
What has amaechi done in his region sofar?
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by SoNature(m): 11:34am On Aug 25, 2019
wirinet:

Amaechi is the most accomplished politician from the Niger delta and former eastern Nigeria. Here are his accomplishments which no other southerner (apart from those that have become presidents) achieved.
2 term speaker
2 term governor
Chairman, governors forum
2 term minister

The only executive position he is yet to attain is the president. I believe if the Niger Delta and the East leant their support for Amaechi in 2023, he can clinch the presidency. But then, his greatest enemy would be his people, especially the east.

You raised some salient points.
However, at the emboldened, Amaechi doesn't seem to help his own people.
He would rather please the West and the North than South South and South East.
Perhaps they distribute projects based on voting patterns, because I have never seen Amaechi surpervising a project in the east.
Fashola and Osinbajo, who are Yoruba men, go to the east more often than Amaechi, whose backyard is South East.
The guy has yet to learn from Jonathan's mistake.
Charity begins at home and Buhari is teaching everyone that now.
Also, I remember Amaechi threatening to shut down the maritime university in Delta State due to corruption allegations.
If not for the timely intervention of Ibe Kachikwu, that school, which is in session now, would have been closed down.
Amaechi seems bitter because his people refused to align with the ruling party.
The truth is that Nigeria will be far worse than it is without opposition.
Those of us who have followed Nigerian politics a bit longer know what played out in the time of PDP.
Nigeria needs opposition, so everyone cannot be in APC.
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by wirinet(m): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
SoNature:

You raised some salient points.
However, at the emboldened, Amaechi doesn't seem to help his own people.
He would rather please the West and the North than South South and South East.
Perhaps they distribute projects based on voting patterns, because I have never seen Amaechi surpervising a project in the east.
Fashola and Osinbajo, who are Yoruba men, go to the east more often than Amaechi, whose backyard is South East.
The guy has yet to learn from Jonathan's mistake.
Charity begins at home and Buhari is teaching everyone that now.
Also, I remember Amaechi threatening to shut down the maritime university in Delta State due to corruption allegations.
If not for the timely intervention of Ibe Kachikwu, that school, which is in session now, would have been closed down.
Amaechi seems bitter because his people refused to align with the ruling party.
The truth is that Nigeria will be far worse than it is without opposition.
Those of us who have followed Nigerian politics a bit longer know what played out in the time of PDP.
Nigeria needs opposition, so everyone cannot be in APC.

You need to align with the north and/or with the west to make headway in Nigerian politics. That's just the reality of Nigerian politics. Obasanjo was able to win his first term basically because of support from the north. Jonathan won his first election principally because of support from the west. Buhari failed 3 times relying only on support from the north, it was only after realising he needs either the support of the SS/SE or the west, and since the SS/SE see him as a sworn enemy, he had no choice but to align with the west and compromised with Tinubu.

The sooner the Igbos realise that the cannot get any thing from Nigeria without aligning and negotiating with the west or north, the better for the political fortune of the igbos. Amaechi being a very successful politician had realised this, and explains his seemingly alignment towards the west and North. Besides, since Amaechi decamped to APC, he has been shown extreme hatred by his igbo kinsmen. He is much more loved by the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis than his own people.

Believe me, lots of us want igbos to hold the highest office in the land, but they need to learn to play the politics. I think Amaechi and his igbo kinsmen should reconcile their political differences (even with wike) and present a formidable candidate for the post of president. Three of the most influential Igbo politicians in Nigerian today, whether you agree or not, are Amaechi, Uzor Kalu and Nyeson Wike. If these 3 could work together, they could make things happen for the igbos.
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
yaki84:

No mind dem, tmao now dem go blast gej for not doing anything in southsouth.
What has amaechi done in his region sofar?
leave them, all ds buhari sycophants here will rather die than see the truth bn told to them
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by wirinet(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
dirtydiva:
leave them, all ds buhari sycophants here will rather die than see the truth bn told to them
Please educate us, what's the truth, and how can that truth improve our lives?
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
wirinet:

Please educate us, what's the truth, and how can that truth improve our lives?
The truth is that MoT choose the wrong place to site such project but he did it as a gratitude to Mr. President for choosing him as a 2nd time minister and honestly speaking, the North hv known for poor performance in education so what makes you think ds project will serve it's purpose?
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by wirinet(m): 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
dirtydiva:
The truth is that MoT choose the wrong place to site such project but he did it as a gratitude to Mr. President for choosing him as a 2nd time minister and honestly speaking, the North hv known for poor performance in education so what makes you think ds project will serve it's purpose?
You are so wrong on so many levels.
First of all, you and I are so ignorant on the plans and details of the proposed university, so it is very difficult to criticise something you know nothing about.

Secondly, you guys were celebrating the building of 14 new universities by the Jonathan administration, half of them sited in the north, why are you guys now angry at just one new university?

Thirdly, you make it seem Amaechi is solely responsible for the project and he will just dip his hands into the national treasury as he likes to fund the project. That's not how government works. A proposal must be sent to the national assembly, who has the power of the purse. It's after the project is approved by your representatives that money can be released for the project. I am sure that even if this project is planed by this governments, it cannot be captured by this year's budget, it has to wait to be included in next year's budget.

Lastly, the proposal might truly be a thank you present to Buhari and his Fulanis people and a strategy to solicit their support for higher office come 2023. It's all part of politics.
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
wirinet:

You are so wrong on so many levels.
First of all, you and I are so ignorant on the plans and details of the proposed university, so it is very difficult to criticise something you know nothing about.

Secondly, you guys were celebrating the building of 14 new universities by the Jonathan administration, half of them sited in the north, why are you guys now angry at just one new university?

Thirdly, you make it seem Amaechi is solely responsible for the project and he will just dip his hands into the national treasury as he likes to fund the project. That's not how government works. A proposal must be sent to the national assembly, who has the power of the purse. It's after the project is approved by your representatives that money can be released for the project. I am sure that even if this project is planed by this governments, it cannot be captured by this year's budget, it has to wait to be included in next year's budget.

Lastly, the proposal might truly be a thank you present to Buhari and his Fulanis people and a strategy to solicit their support for higher office come 2023. It's all part of politics.
quite understood
Re: Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi by yarimo(m): 2:31am On Aug 29, 2019
Wickedfacts:

boy keep quiet, you don't have anything meaningful things in your brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sabi’u Ibrahim Chamo Jailed For Facebook Post Against Governor Badaru / We Did Not Make The Payments As Requested By Minister, Edu - Accountant-General / Poll: Doyin Okupe Predicts How GEJ Will Win Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.