Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,934 members, 7,852,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. (1598 Views)

Why Ibadan Buries Obas According To Religious Beliefs (video) / This Is Why Ibadan Is Rated As 2nd Fastest Growing City In Africa. / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
It's obvious that the second largest city in africa and the biggest in west africa, third most populated after lagos state and kano state isn't autonomous.

Ibadan have every chance to become better than it has been as the capital of yorubaland (sw nigeria like some m.o.ron will call it) buh it's attention is shared between other cities and towns because it's embedded inside a state. Ibadan deserves better and it's suppose to be in competition with lagos buh it's handicapped because the government has to share her resources and attentions with others.

Ibadan needs total focus so as to decongest lagos for a brighter future if the government are really serious about how to decongest lagos...
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
Making ibadan autonomous will not only be profitable to the govt buh will also be helpful to them.

Ibadan is a state suffering inside a state, the govt should consider giving her her freedom for their own benefit, she needs total attention and focus and the only way to get this is giving the beautiful city her freedom.

Support the creation of Ibadan state.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2019
Why are some people so unfortunate and at the same time frustrated in life anyway?
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by TorukMakto: 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
IntrovertedK:
[s]Why are some people so unfortunate and at the same time frustrated in life anyway?[/s]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDx8mzlBcaM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by TorukMakto: 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
IntrovertedK:
frustration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
TorukMakto hope your mum got her share?
The kereosene. yea, you guess right.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
Frustration will not kuku kill AntiChristt.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by TorukMakto: 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2019
IntrovertedK:
TorukMakto hope your mum got her share?

The kereosene. yea, you guess right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Iamgrey5(m): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
I support the motion

Ibadan needs a state

Ibadan with ibarapa regions are big enough to become a state
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
While I support the motion as an Ibadan man, I think about how the rest (Oyo, Saki, Ogbomosho e.t.c) will fare if Ibadan has its own separate state. If Oyo state government is serious, they need to invest in Agriculture on a massive scale, use those Oyo, Saki, Ogbomosho as the field so that economic prosperity can reach those regions too.

We need mechanized farming supported by the state Government and not just the usual fertilizer incentives being given to farmers.

Ibadan will be more open when the Lagos- Ibadan rail is completed, although I have some trust in the current Governor (Makinde) to attract investment into the state, lets see what happens in the next 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I support the motion

Ibadan needs a state

ibadan alone have more local govt than bayelsa state. I hope you know this?
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Iamgrey5(m): 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
IntrovertedK:
ibadan alone have more local govt than bayelsa state. I hope you know this?
True, but Ibadan municipal which makes at least Four local government area is not that big

Plus ibarapa is somehow too interwoven with Ibadan somehow.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:
While I support the motion as an Ibadan man, I think about how the rest (Oyo, Saki, Ogbomosho e.t.c) will fare if Ibadan has its own separate state. If Oyo state government is serious, they need to invest in Agriculture on a massive scale, use those Oyo, Saki, Ogbomosho as the field so that economic prosperity can reach those regions too.

We need mechanized farming supported by the state Government and not just the usual fertilizer incentives being given to farmers.

Ibadan will be more open when the Lagos- Ibadan rail is completed, although I have some trust in the current Governor (Makinde) to attract investment into the state, lets see what happens in the next 2 years.

it is actually not that ibadan is not open you know, there is a reason why it is third most populous city in Nigeria because people rather live in ibadan cuz of it's proximity to Lagos while trying to avoid lagos trouble. I know alot of people that moved to ib from Lagos and many from other regions because of it's proximity. I believe if ibadan is to get full attention, it will compete with Lagos in everything. There are hardly cities that have 5 malls(i mean standard malls and not complex) in Nigeria except Lagos and this is a perfect example of a growing and well populated city with potentials.

And as for the rest of oyo state, they will survive with oyo, ogbomoso, saki, iseyin. Oyo will survive. As you've already detailed it out in your post, they are mostly farmers in all these places and a new capital sitting at ogbomoso or oyo will open new doors and many other opportunities.

Let's hope the govt will have brain someday to think of the right thing to do.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by fergie001: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ibadan has 11 lgas, but its urban 5 is not big........

But the argument of State creation has been over-flogged....Perhaps when the leaders sit together and agree on it, its a credible argument.

But the government has not been helping either......the proximity to Lagos is what they should be tapping into for now. They are very advantageous geographically. Hopefully, GSM will do better on that.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
True, but Ibadan municipal which makes at least Four local government area is not that big

Plus ibarapa is somehow too interwoven with Ibadan somehow.
i don't know ibarapa that much sha.i just want the govt to declare ibadan state bro.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by APCHaram: 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ibadan, the once small Egbe town that catered to fleeing Yoruba refugees.

The world's only city to owe it's roots as the largest IDP camp in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Iamgrey5(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
IntrovertedK:
i don't know ibarapa that much sha.i just want the govt to declare ibadan state bro.
Ok bruv, good luck with that.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
IntrovertedK:
it is actually not that ibadan is not open you know, there is a reason why it is third most populous city in Nigeria because people rather live in ibadan cuz of it's proximity to Lagos while trying to avoid lagos trouble. I know alot of people that moved to ib from Lagos and many from other regions because of it's proximity. I believe if ibadan is to get full attention, it will compete with Lagos in everything. There are hardly cities that have 5 malls(i mean standard malls and not complex) in Nigeria except Lagos and this is a perfect example of a growing and well populated city with potentials...

Sometimes I just get angry at the present corp of SW leaders coz they failed to contribute on the progress of Pa Awolowo. Ibadan used to be a city with lot of prospect as it features many first among firsts in Nigeria. Cocoa house, the plantations, Odua investment, First stadium, First University (Although federal), and the headquarter of the defunct western region.

We need to bring back the old glory of Ibadan and these guys need to live up to expectation. I am of the opinion that the completion of the rail will open up Ibadan more and Makinde should please create an enabling environment for investors coz Ibadan is a city with great potentials.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Iamgrey5(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

Stop spewing rubbish bruv.

1 Like

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
fergie001:

But the argument of State creation has been over-flogged....Perhaps when the leaders sit together and agree on it, its a credible argument.
they can agree, we never can tell. According to someone on this thread, he suggest joining the ibarapas.

Well i believe ibadan will have her freedom someday cuz she deserve it.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

our ever frustrated grunting pig neighbors from the yeast are here with their hatred as usual.

1 Like

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Iamgrey5(m): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
fergie001:

But the government has not been helping either......the proximity to Lagos is what they should be tapping into for now. They are very advantageous geographically. Hopefully, GSM will do better on that.
Most of Oluyole LGA
Ido LGA
Aninyele LGA

All of which were once classified as rural years back are now fully developed areas bruv.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by fergie001: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
IntrovertedK:
they can agree, we never can tell. According to someone on this thread, he suggest joining the ibarapas.

Well i believe ibadan will have her freedom someday cuz she deserve it.
Is there a difference between Ibarapa and Ibadan sef. They are quite close. Remembered heading there when the late Speaker, Adeyemo died, its quite close..... but what you are advocating is a death sentence for the other 17 lgas.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by fergie001: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Most of Oluyole LGA
Ido LGA
Aninyele LGA

All of which were once classified as rural years back are now fully developed areas bruv.
Those semi-urban are very large.....esp Ido and Akinyele..

Many parts of Ido still no dey try at all.....

But those 5 aren't,they are closely-knitted sef.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

Sometimes I just get angry at the present corp of SW leaders coz they failed to contribute on the progress of Pa Awolowo. Ibadan used to be a city with lot of prospect as it features many first among firsts in Nigeria. Cocoa house, the plantations, Odua investment, First stadium, First University (Although federal), and the headquarter of the defunct western region.

We need to bring back the old glory of Ibadan and these guys need to live up to expectation. I am of the opinion that the completion of the rail will open up Ibadan more and Makinde should please create an enabling environment for investors coz Ibadan is a city with great potentials.
i think Ajimobi tried on his part with ibadan, i hope makinde continue from where he stopped. You know ever since the creation of states started from the defunct western region, every leader now face there state, i think this was the reason ibadan fell on it's face after.

The development of yoruba land is now in the hand of dawn commision, they are trying buh you know they can't persuade governors from other states to leave their states and focus on ibadan which is still the capital of the western Nigeria till date.

This is the reason i believe her freedom will uplift the city cuz it will get full attention.

1 Like

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
IntrovertedK:
i think Ajimobi tried on his part with ibadan, i hope makinde continue from where he stopped. You know ever since the creation of states started from the defunct western region, every leader now face there state, i think this was the reason ibadan fell on it's face after.

The development of yoruba land is now in the hand of dawn commision, they are trying buh you know they can't persuade governors from other states to leave their states and focus on ibadan which is still the capital of the western Nigeria till date.

This is the reason i believe her freedom will uplift the city cuz it will get full attention.

You are right tho. Ajimobi really tried, he carried out some major projects and he handled the security situation better than any government.

God bless Yoruba land

1 Like

Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Iamgrey5(m): 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
fergie001:

Those semi-urban are larger than.....esp Ido and Akinyele..

But those 5 aren't,they are closely-knitted sef.
True, but Ido LGA in particular surrounds the municipal areas. It is close to Ibadan Southwest i.e Elebu and Apata are close to Oluyole/Ring road

It is slightly close to Ibadan SouthEast i.e new garage (although more of Oluyole LGA) close to challenge area

It is close to Ibadan Northwest I e Ologuneru close to Eleyele, Dugbe

So those supposed rural local government areas are developing at very fast pace.
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by Flier: 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I support the motion

Ibadan needs a state

Oyo state isn’t big,it’s just cursed with bad governors
Re: Why Ibadan Needs To Become A State. by APCHaram: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Stop spewing rubbish bruv.

But it's true nah.

After the pillaging of Oyo Ile by the Muslim coalition led by Afonja and subsequent jihadist raids across the once fledging empire, Yorubas from across the empire will stream into Ibadan to seek refuge.

This is the humble beginnings of Africa's largest city.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To CBN New Policy On Depositing Cash / You don't have to Leave Nigeria to earn in Dollars / As Buhari Dumps Embattled FIRS Chairman Fowler, Is Bola Tinubu In Trouble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.