Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) (48523 Views)

Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / New Species Of Green Pit Viper Discovered In India, Named After Hogwarts Founder / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Emmanuel226(m): 8:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
OP u know wetin u go do now
jux bring d snake cum my house make i check whether na marine spirit or ordinary snake grin tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by PBeni(m): 8:47pm On Aug 26, 2019
Coldfeets:
What will you do after knowing the specie?

Instead of just directly asking lalasticlala the snake-loving maestro to take your post to the front-page, which you know he will eventually do once you mention the pass code : snake, you are here forming intellectual by asking after the specie as if knowing the specie will make Ekweremadu to start eating yams again.

Bia be very kia-ful grin cheesy
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Emmanuel226(m): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
I am feeling so abracitualistadastedis after seeing dis snake grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by meeklimi: 8:50pm On Aug 26, 2019
It's a bush snake...
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by boomssey(f): 8:53pm On Aug 26, 2019
winosport:
People have turn Nairaland to NatGeo wild once you kill snake its straight to Nairaland and trust lala front page Asap.
LMAO
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by PBeni(m): 9:00pm On Aug 26, 2019
GoodFaith:
I am very surprise you didn't cook the sneak

I can't eat what I fear undecided
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by etrange: 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2019
PBeni:
Good day nairalanders. Pls pardon me, I wasn't sure which section to post this.

I drove in only to find this snake in my compound, at the backyard. It was ready to attack even though it seemed to have a swollen belly, probably swallowed a lizard or so.
I wasted no time to do justice to it.

Mods Pls help me push this to the front page. I've got extreme fear of snakes, someone might be able to identify the type of snake and how to prevent getting in contact with another one around.

Omo! That blue one in the last picture shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by ultimatekint(m): 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2019
Soup snake. Good for soup.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
shilenji:
From the black spots its an harmless bush snake which feeds on rat,mice,geckos,lizards but people often mistake it to be green mamba or boomslang. Clear the bushes around you and make your enviroment cleaner. The snake no get venom.
You hear mister fear fear man.
you seem to be so sure of what you saying, bush snakes dont get that long, and are smaller
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by SEEDORF441(m): 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
shilenji:
From the black spots its an harmless bush snake which feeds on rat,mice,geckos,lizards but people often mistake it to be green mamba or boomslang. Clear the bushes around you and make your enviroment cleaner. The snake no get venom.
as if you can hold it live
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Atomemmy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
First, killing a snake is a crime- so u're supposed to post it in crime section .
Secondly, lala is always available so u can ask him the specie name .

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Offpoint: 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
ladyF:
I can see bush near the house. Means there’s more where this one came from. Be “Kia-vool”

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin
Where have you been lately?
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Sirseedorf(m): 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
abi na
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by JasperVII(m): 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
I don't know much about snakes but from a book i read called 'Where there is no doctor' venomous snakes have fangs while non-venomous ones do not. So i suggest you check to know whether it's venomous or not.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by goodychet: 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
It's edible
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by sunshineyellow: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2019
Plant gegemu plant around your compound ...
Burn garlic and bitter cola around too.
Thank me latter
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by jeruba: 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
adewest1999:
grin Na xenzia snake......if you play that snake game for Nokia rock with me you go sabi qm

Very dangerous breed na God save you o....... as e dey chop e dey grow
Lol...guy you funny die
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Bayoibee: 10:01pm On Aug 26, 2019
Na green mamba be that, the non venomous one and it doesn’t even bite because e no get teeth, so now worry it’ll just pass you by and do no harm..if you want to identify them next time they have black dots on the top...so no worry my guy you’re safe �
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by ArinzeUgo: 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
denjjy:
Green mamba
correct man
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by omenka1: 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
lala abeg show, ur knowledge in snakology is needed here
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by goodvision12(m): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2019
I have seen this snake before...that's green mamba.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by drlateef: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
That snake is called "Disloyality". A green snake under the green grass is a disloyal person.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by osayuwamwen(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2019
Cut down those plantain close to yr fence, i believe it's through there it got into yr compound

1 Like

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2019
shilenji:
Any snake with a triangular head is venomous but anyone with round shaped head is not, that snake is very poisonous.

1 Like

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by madjune(m): 11:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
Very innocent and non poisonous snake.

Why kill am naa?
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Coldfeets: 1:18am On Aug 27, 2019
adewest1999:
grin Na xenzia snake......if you play that snake game for Nokia rock with me you go sabi qm

That Snake Xenzia is still one of my best games till date. grin
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Coldfeets: 1:20am On Aug 27, 2019
PBeni:

Bia be very kia-ful grin cheesy

Oga sir.

Your post eventually made it to the front-page.

Now, tell me, how much money did you receive in your bank account afterwards.

Don't lie, abeg. grin grin grin
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by shilenji(m): 1:24am On Aug 27, 2019
SEEDORF441:
as if you can hold it live

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by shilenji(m): 1:26am On Aug 27, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Any snake with a triangular head is venomous but anyone with round shaped head is not, that snake is very poisonous.

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by placeofallure(f): 2:08am On Aug 27, 2019
adewest1999:

Some people are just crazy from birth! Dude you are one of them. Can't stop laughing grin grin grin
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by mrpoul(m): 3:52am On Aug 27, 2019
ladyF:
I can see bush near the house. Means there’s more where this one came from. Be “Kia-vool”

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin
long time no see
where have u been?
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by esiri4jesu(m): 4:21am On Aug 27, 2019
shilenji:
How does it kill its prey if not venomous because it is certainly not a constrictor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Kills Python And Scorpion After Invading Her Home In Lagos. Photos / Super-chilled Chameleon Leans On His Arm As He Reclines In The Sunshine(Pics) / Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.