Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) (48520 Views)

Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / New Species Of Green Pit Viper Discovered In India, Named After Hogwarts Founder / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by lavenderjade(m): 5:06am On Aug 27, 2019
PBeni:
Good day nairalanders. Pls pardon me, I wasn't sure which section to post this.

I drove in only to find this snake in my compound, at the backyard. It was ready to attack even though it seemed to have a swollen belly, probably swallowed a lizard or so.
I wasted no time to do justice to it.

Mods Pls help me push this to the front page. I've got extreme fear of snakes, someone might be able to identify the type of snake and how to prevent getting in contact with another one around.

Its a Boomslang but also looks like Eastern Green Mamba
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Came4amod: 5:45am On Aug 27, 2019
Nat geo wild don try gan oo .. And this snake in the city show .. This snake is not a green manba , because of the black dots , I can't say its boomslang either because I can't see the head , it should be green house snake .. Venomous but not lethal ..
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 27, 2019
ladyF:
I can see bush near the house. Means there’s more where this one came from. Be “Kia-vool”

It’s LadyF again grin grin grin
what would it take for me to learn about bitcoin from you?do you teach?
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by PBeni(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2019
Coldfeets:

Oga sir.

Your post eventually made it to the front-page.

Now, tell me, how much money did you receive in your bank account afterwards.

Don't lie, abeg. grin grin grin

One million thousand grin grin grin
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Spain007(m): 7:50am On Aug 27, 2019
shilenji:
From the black spots its an harmless bush snake which feeds on rat,mice,geckos,lizards but people often mistake it to be green mamba or boomslang. Clear the bushes around you and make your enviroment cleaner. The snake no get venom.
You hear mister fear fear man.

The snake no get VENOM ..you dey house knw wetin happen for market...u try
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by ganiyheart(f): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2019
shilenji:
From the black spots its an harmless bush snake which feeds on rat,mice,geckos,lizards but people often mistake it to be green mamba or boomslang. Clear the bushes around you and make your enviroment cleaner. The snake no get venom.

Yes its harmless. No venom.. Its called PUSH SNAKE. Cos of the black spot on it, but people mistake it for green snake , green mamba.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by shilenji(m): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2019
ganiyheart:

Yes its harmless. No venom.. Its called PUSH SNAKE. Cos of the black spot on it, but people mistake it for green snake , green mamba.
maami

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by shilenji(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2019
esiri4jesu:

How does it kill its prey if not venomous because it is certainly not a constrictor?
he holds its prey with its mouth and eats them alive. Are you okay now.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by medexico(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2019
shilenji:

Snake get venom o e no get oo I go run.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by shilenji(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2019
medexico:

Snake get venom o e no get oo I go run.
smiley smiley
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by HenryWilliams(m): 9:45am On Aug 27, 2019
PBeni:
Good day nairalanders. Pls pardon me, I wasn't sure which section to post this.

I drove in only to find this snake in my compound, at the backyard. It was ready to attack even though it seemed to have a swollen belly, probably swallowed a lizard or so.
I wasted no time to do justice to it.

Mods Pls help me push this to the front page. I've got extreme fear of snakes, someone might be able to identify the type of snake and how to prevent getting in contact with another one around.

OP. You probably stoned the poor snake to death.. For your info. That's a common grass snake. Non venomous and eats only small animals like rats, mice and occasionally lizards. Next time. Allow it live.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by AutoPhone: 10:56am On Aug 27, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
Okay oo, call.me

04, 014,024,044,01k

mr Benson, I see you
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by PBeni(m): 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
HenryWilliams:

OP. You probably stoned the poor snake to death.. For your info. That's a common grass snake. Non venomous and eats only small animals like rats, mice and occasionally lizards. Next time. Allow it live.

I think not. The snake nearly attacked me undecided
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Coldfeets: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2019
PBeni:

One million thousand grin grin grin

Ka m nukwa. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by esiri4jesu(m): 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
shilenji:
he holds its prey with its mouth and eats them alive. Are you okay now.
No. How does it hold prey with its mouth and eat it with the same mouth? It is either the snake has two mouth or it has a hand.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by shilenji(m): 1:24am On Sep 01, 2019
esiri4jesu:

No. How does it hold prey with its mouth and eat it with the same mouth? It is either the snake has two mouth or it has a hand.
how them dey swallow egg.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by esiri4jesu(m): 2:10am On Sep 01, 2019
shilenji:
how them dey swallow egg.
Bro that is egg unlike prey that will struggle for its life and even fight back.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by shilenji(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
esiri4jesu:

Bro that is egg unlike prey that will struggle for its life and even fight back.
mr man dont stress me.
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by esiri4jesu(m): 5:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
shilenji:
mr man dont stress me.
Lol. You nor bi good teacher
Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by shilenji(m): 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
esiri4jesu:
Lol. You nor bi good teacher
you gat dat rite

1 Like

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Sirnioking(m): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2019
abdulazeez1002:

Nope. It is Opheodrys vernalis. Smooth green snake
Pls!! Do not argue with me on snakes again! I am perfect at what I do!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Kills Python And Scorpion After Invading Her Home In Lagos. Photos / Super-chilled Chameleon Leans On His Arm As He Reclines In The Sunshine(Pics) / Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.