Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,126 members, 7,852,840 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:49 AM

Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) (3816 Views)

Akinwunmi Adesina's Mother Is Dead (Photo) / 2023: Obasanjo Backs Akinwunmi Adesina Over Tinubu / Obasanjo Wows Akinwumi Adesina With His Dance At His Foundation Launch In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) by dokie: 4:00am On Aug 27, 2019
J111333:
It is possible that most SE folks will support this guy as president and I ask, why are people perceiving Igbos as tribalists?
I am Igbo and if this man wants to run for president in 2023, I'll support him 100%. Most of us are nationalists and not tribalists, we simply want the best for Nigeria.

igbos are the least tribalized Nigerians. You can take that to the bank anytime any day.
Re: Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) by TSRC: 6:16am On Aug 27, 2019
dokie:

igbos are the least tribalized Nigerians. You can take that to the bank anytime any day.
The only person I am ever voting for is an Igbo president. And I want you to do the same.
At least for now.

Some people have taken our pan Nigerian mentality and zero lust for politics as weakness.
Re: Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) by ogododo: 7:38am On Aug 27, 2019
Lalasticlala see the man wey sabiii
Re: Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) by dokie: 9:50am On Aug 27, 2019
TSRC:

The only person I am ever voting for is an Igbo president. And I want you to do the same.
At least for now.

Some people have taken our pan Nigerian mentality and zero lust for politics as weakness.

What you've said is true. Funny how they turn around and label is the tribalists.
Re: Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2019
Now this is what it means to be a man. To be a leader. The body language is presidential. His track records say everything about him. If only. If only.
Re: Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) by id911(m): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2019
Built2last:
This guy na future president of Nigeria.

Hahahaha... You don't know anything about Nigeria then! Present Dr Adesina and Tinubu as the only presidential candidates, you'd be surprised even among Yorubas, they'll dump a bright mind like Adesina and Tinubu will win with a landslide. Nigeria is not going to have a good leader anything soon. I'm sorry to say this, most Nigerians are fools
Re: Dr Akinwunmi Adesina With President Trump At G7 Event (pix) by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 27, 2019
koropon:
How I wish we operated the tripod of Singapore: Meritocracy, Pragmatism and Honesty. Nigeria would have been truly doyen of Africa and the world. Tani a she gan na? Where did we get it all wrong?

Very well said.

So why did Singapore succeed so comprehensively? The simple answer is exceptional leadership. Many in the world have heard of Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, the founding prime minister who passed away in March this year. Far fewer have heard of Dr. Goh Keng Swee, the architect of Singapore’s economic miracle, and Mr. S. Rajaratnam, Singapore’s philosopher par excellence.

Together, they made a great team.

This exceptional team also implemented three exceptional policies: Meritocracy, Pragmatism and Honesty. Indeed, I share this “secret” MPH formula with every foreign student at the Lee Kuan Yew School, and I assure them that if they implement it, their country will succeed as well as Singapore.

Meritocracy means a country picks its best citizens, not the relatives of the ruling class, to run a country.

Pragmatism means that a country does not try to reinvent the wheel. As Dr. Goh Keng Swee would say to me, “Kishore, no matter what problem Singapore encounters, somebody, somewhere, has solved it. Let us copy the solution and adapt it to Singapore.” Copying best practices is something any country can do.

However, implementing “Honesty” is the hardest thing to do. Corruption is the single biggest reason why most Third World countries have failed. The greatest strength of Singapore’s founding fathers was that they were ruthlessly honest. It also helped that they were exceptionally shrewd and cunning.
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_7934988

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sowore: Expect Sanctions Soon – US Senators Tell Buhari / Finally Northern Nigeria Has Been Silienced / Why Did Uk British Parliament Waited 36 Years To Expose General Yakubu Gowon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.