Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. (2198 Views)

Nigerian Woman Welcomes Husband's Second Wife With Open Arms (pics, Video) / Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Pascopele: 9:48am On Aug 29, 2019
Only a fool becomes a second wife. Your destiny is too important to be number 2. Stop marrying another woman's husband!

11 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Dreal1247: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2019
Don't allow Muslim women to see this. Waiting for the MURIC to react on this.
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Mizwisdom(f): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2019
Muric will soon react to this grin

5 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by budaatum: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2019
A fool, or a lazy, or a desperate woman. You'd understand if you were in their situation.

7 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by SteveOfu: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2019
Who is King Solomon in d Bible,, King Solomon married 300 wife's and had 700 side chick, all together is 1k ,,, d Bible did not forbid it,, it's now Bible forbids it,, idiot u go dey dere die ,,, no go put yourself for list, stand there ,, u go soon b d last person way Dem go reject idiot

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Magnoliaa(f): 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2019
SteveOfu:
Who is King Solomon in d Bible,, King Solomon married 300 wife's and had 700 side chick, all together is 1k ,,, d Bible did not forbid it,, it's now Bible forbids it,, idiot u go dey dere die ,,, no go put yourself for list, stand there ,, u go soon b d last person way Dem go reject idiot

Bitter.

The Bible doesn't support polygamy. Marrying so much women as that was even among the sins Solomon had that brought God's punishment on Isreal after his reign.

4 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Bruno3000(m): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Magnoliaa:

Bitter.

The Bible doesn't support polygamy. Marrying so much women as that was even among the sins Solomon had that brought God's punishment on Isreal after his reign.
Stop there. How about King David?

9 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by lilmax(m): 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
what if she wants to be my is second wife by choice

are you guys not minding your businesses again?

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Phenomenal16(f): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2019
That Was in the old testament....... The bible says a man shall leave his mother n father and cling to his wife and they shall become one....
There is no justification for marrying or being a second wife .....mehn it sucks.....I can't even imagine it
Think abt how demanding it can be to manage a nuclear family talk more of poly wetin!!!
U can't compare now to those days...things av changed ,,,the world is no longer the same.....ppl don shine eyes...the crime rate is high,,,,,,economic wahala.....I pity those men marrying two or more wives..
Somebody will be digging his grave gradually... There is hardly peace in that kind of house not really a home

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by capnies: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
[quote author=SteveOfu post=81718558]Who is King Solomon in d Bible,, King Solomon married 300 wife's and had 700 side chick, all together is 1k ,,, d Bible did not forbid it,, it's now Bible forbids it,, idiot u go dey dere die ,,, no go put yourself for list, stand there ,, u go soon b d last person way Dem go reject idiot[/qu

please learn to be polite no insults Solomon did not live a righteous life because of his indulgence,; those things were written for us to learn from and not fall into the same trap. I think one woman is enough for a man except the woman dies

4 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Magnoliaa(f): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
Bruno3000:
Stop there. How about King David?

What about him?

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Basic123: 7:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
Phenomenal16:
That Was in the old testament....... The bible says a man shall leave his mother n father and cling to his wife and they shall become one....
There is no justification for marrying or being a second wife .....mehn it sucks.....I can't even imagine it
Think abt how demanding it can be to manage a nuclear family talk more of poly wetin!!!
U can't compare now to those days...things av changed ,,,the world is no longer the same.....ppl don shine eyes...the crime rate is high,,,,,,economic wahala.....I pity those men marrying two or more wives..
Somebody will be digging his grave gradually... There is hardly peace in that kind of house not really a home

poor logic and interpretation.

if 1+1=1

by logic 1+2 can =1

and so on.... mtcheew.

And if you want to use what God has joined together let no man put asunder.Then it's not applicable to monogamy alone as it can also be interpreted as polygamous family that God as joined together let no man put asunder!

THE FACT IS THAT MONOGAMY IS NOT BIBLICAL ITS WESTERN!....No clear cut verse in the Bible forbids polygamy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
grin grin
I know at least 3 nairaland ladies who are second wives grin
And they are not Muslims.

Na dem dey give advice pass grin
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by missjo(f): 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
I don't know about the foolishness of it but i can agree its weird af.
My assumption nonetheless is that women who have no qualms about entering a polygamous marriage are essentially just part of a culture that permits it and in which case, your issue should not be with the women themselves but with the culture that indoctrinated them to believe it's okay.

3 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by ststyreal(f): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
Basic123:

poor logic and interpretation.

if 1+1=1

by logic 1+2 can =1

and so on.... mtcheew.

And if you want to use what God has joined together let no man put asunder.Then it's not applicable to monogamy alone as it can also be interpreted as polygamous family that God as joined together let no man put asunder!

THE FACT IS THAT MONOGAMY IS NOT BIBLICAL ITS WESTERN!....No clear cut verse in the Bible forbids polygamy
So why did God provide only one Eve for Adam instead of Eves(2women), it simply to let you know that he wants you to live with a woman and not women....

3 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
ststyreal:

So why did God provide only one Eve for Adam instead of Eves(2women), it simply to let you know that he wants you to live with a woman and not women....

But what about Lilith? I think there was a woman before Eve and her name nah Lilith cool
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by ststyreal(f): 12:20am On Aug 30, 2019
9JAFULLBREED:

But what about Lilith? I think there was a woman before Eve and her name nah Lilith cool
shocked shocked shocked shocked never heard about any woman created first except Eve, which God himself made from Adams ribs, though, I stand to be corrected with proves from the Bible....

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by CarFixng: 3:50am On Aug 30, 2019
Our Services are Affordable and Quality with a 90 day Warranty to ensure Our clients are offered the Best Service possible.

Contact us now?
07018433334, 0810O661236.

Visit our Website: www.carfix.ng to schedule an appointment

CarFix Garage Is located at No 34B Katampe Jahi 1, between Platinum Plaza and Daylight Complex close to NEXT CASH AND CARRY.
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:39am On Aug 30, 2019
Oh yeah, I totally agree with this.
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Richy4(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2019
sassysure:
grin grin
I know at least 3 nairaland ladies who are second wives grin
And they are not Muslims.

Na dem dey give advice pass grin

grin cheesy grin grin... OK this is funny. smiley
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by WolvyX5: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2019
If a second wife is a "fool" what do u call a 3rd or fourth wife
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by udumosam23(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2019
Pascopele:
Only a fool becomes a second wife. Your destiny is too important to be number 2. Stop marrying another woman's husband!

Don't be delusional. Men are becoming a rare commodity

5 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
Basic123:

True
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Pascopele:

They are no fools.
It's preference

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
Mizwisdom:
Muric will soon react to this grin

Old Evening newspaper
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Mizwisdom(f): 5:32am On Aug 31, 2019
glink2015:

Mr. Foool, why the mention?
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 31, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Mr. Foool, why the mention?

Mrs fool , why do you quote me?
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Biglittlelois(f): 11:45am On Aug 31, 2019
What Op is implying has nothing to do with religion per say so y"all above should stop the back and forth, it has to do with the individual, I do not understand how a lady will chose to be a second fiddle, knowing she will share her husband with someone else, does she have self worth? Self dignity? How high is her self esteem? How does she feel when her husband goes to the other woman's room knowing what they are doing or about to do? If it is cos of riches, there are so many single guys out there who are rich too, why can't she be patient and get one of them? So many questions.......

4 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by debo1990: 11:49am On Aug 31, 2019
9JAFULLBREED:

They are the ppl dat dont ask questions. Dont bring lilith here if you dont want them to fire you. All the knw is what their pastors say to them

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Biglittlelois(f): 11:56am On Aug 31, 2019
debo1990:

They are the ppl dat dont ask questions. Dont bring lilith here if you dont want them to fire you. All the knw is what their pastors say to them

So what does your imam or what ever you believe in say to you, for you to believe there was a lilith before eve means you belong to a religion, or the series TRUE BLOOD really brainwashed you to think Lilith is actually real?

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by dadadoc: 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
To each her own.
I am better off a second wife than being a serial baby mama or oga's side chick.
Re: Only A Fool Becomes A Second Wife. by Sterope(f): 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
What about a mistress or mistresses? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egg Donor Needed Urgently / Canada Job Offer - Registration For New Brunswick Job Fair Is Ongoing / What Are The Implications Of Another Man Sleeping With A Pregnant Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.