Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,349 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? (40283 Views)

Nigerian Woman Welcomes Husband's Second Wife With Open Arms (pics, Video) / My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him. / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Candidlady: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Please I need a reason why any lady would agree to be a second wife?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
Only ladies who don't value themselves agree to be second wives.

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Truvelisback(m): 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:
Value or no value, it depends on the kind of man they are married to.

203 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by MJBOLT: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
what is bad about becoming a second wife?? undecided

181 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Candidlady: 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

asin eh
ihad always thought it was charm!

he tells you he is married but he wanna make you a second wife. Men get mind sha!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:
Please ineed a reason why any lady would agree to be a second wife?

- desperation to stay married at all cost
- money
- she has no other option than to accept because she is jobless/pennyless etc
- because she cant take the mental/physical workload to be a wife by herself
- because two is better than one
- because she has already been brainwashed by her hubby
- because it is commonly accepted in African culture
- because she grew up in a polygamous home/family

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Cerebellum: 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
When you reach 40 years, go Shiloh for years

Nah then you go geh sense to become 4th wife

216 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
MJBOLT:

Everything!

The man was never and can never be yours.

13 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cerebellum:

Shiloh! Shiloh!! Shiloh!!!

Abeg! Make we hear!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
If the man get plenty plenty money, she go agree na. cheesy cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Cerebellum: 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

Shiloh! Shiloh!! Shiloh!!!

Abeg! Make we hear!

Shuttup dier!

21 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

Everything!

What if she was never looking for making any man hers? I mean, a woman that agrees to such.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Candidlady: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
MJBOLT:

what is bad in becoming a second husband undecided

16 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by MJBOLT: 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
you have not answered my question, there are cultures and religion that support marriages like this,so I don't see how it's bad.

Mariangeles:

Everything!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

What if she was never looking for making any man hers? I mean, a woman that agrees to such.

Then, she's a selfish person who can't think beyond herself that she might be hurting another person. The wife.

Unless they're Muslims sha.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
[s]
Cerebellum:

Shuttup dier!
[/s]

Grow up!

9 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Nothing bad tho. Most women hate being glued to a man and being the only one available for sex.

I read a story where a woman said she hates too much attention and sex from her hubby. She just wanna live her life and be free

23 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Candidlady: 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cerebellum:

ba ankali! Walaihi!!

so am 40 and am nat married? Will that reduce my value/worth in life? One day you wil become a father to that independent black woman! When she reach 25 and she never marry, carry go give your pastor/malim as 2nd/3rd or 4th wife!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Juliusmomoh: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cerebellum:

You be mumu

You are harsh bro..

Yes grow up.

Maybe you are a kid, if not...

10 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Cerebellum: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

ba ankali! Walaihi!!

so am 40 and am nat married? Will that reduce my value/worth in life? One day you wil become a father to that independent black woman! When she reach 25 and she never marry, carry go give your pastor/malim as 2nd/3rd or 4th wife!

I'm very sure you'll soon deactivate your account when depression sets in and my daughter won't use her youthful days doing.... Upandana

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
MJBOLT:
you have not answered my question, there are cultures and religion that support marriages like this,so I don't see how it's bad.

I can't lie to you that I can be OK with that arrangement.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Well I have aunties who are second and third wives and seems to be enjoying their life since Islam permits it.Some men especially the Muslim men are expert in handling a polygamous home but not all men have that wisdom to maintain a polygamous home, so polygamy isn't for every man even when the religion permits it.Well,I CAN/CAN'T accept polygamy for some secret reasons I won't like to mention here on this toxic forum.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Cerebellum: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

You are harsh bro..

Yes grow up.

Maybe you are a kid, if not...

Shuttup ode

All this under 25 kids self
Try mind you business , sho gbo!

4 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Candidlady: 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cerebellum:

I'm very sure you'll soon deactivate your account when depression sets in and my daughter won't use her youthful days doing.... Upandana

desperation is really killing some people! So i'd get despresd cuz iaint married!? You dont know me.

¤anyways we are diferent¤

have a lovely day

4 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Cerebellum: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

desperation is really killing some people! So i'd get despresd cuz iaint married!? You dont know me.

¤anyways we are diferent¤

have a lovely day

And you too lady
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

This is too generic and sweeping and just: this is only how it is and only how it can ever be.

I'm not in a situation like that, so I can't really speak from experience and for people like that, but I'll bet there are women who actually considers that to be a very good value. Asin. According to their core principles, and strong values, being in a marriage to a man who is married to another is what perfectly fits into their agenda and what works for them. For whatever reasons they are getting from it.

Excluding the lies, and pain, and double dating (in the cases where the first wife isn't aware) ... I see no problem with it.

And keep in mind, even monogamous relationships can be devastating and distressing and just stormy.

So are those relationships issue because of the fact that we're with one person or two persons? Or it's the kind of people involved?

Polygamous homes can be as turbulent as monogamous homes. I don't think I'll say one supersedes the other...or is an automatic gateway to happiness. Because hypocrites can be in monogamous marriages. Fking other women other than their wives... and the openly polygamous ones do the same thing BUT with everyone on board. That is, you know what you're getting into with a polygamous man.

cheesy Sha I'm trying to see this here from every angle.

And although, polygamy tend to be used as a disparaging and shaming and patriarchal talking points by most men, which had made it unattractive and distasteful. It's been used as as an avenue for disrespect and all sorts against women. But how about in some societies like in the past, untainted by western and patriarchal ideals, that wholly practice such kind of polygamies? In and of themselves.

IF you CAN do RIGHT by your partners - thenn I'll say goodluck.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Cerebellum: 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

Lalasticlala! Please do the needful.

grin

"Mumu" is not an English term and I believe this platform deals with general language.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Juliusmomoh: 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cerebellum:

Shuttup ode
All this under 25 kids self Try mind you business , sho gbo!
Oh my goodness... Are you talking to me??
Honestly we need kid section on this forum.
I've bookmark you. You will hear me.
I don't make empty threat.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Boogyman557: 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Cerebellum: 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Oh my goodness...
Are you talking to me??

Honestly we need kid section on this forum.

I've bookmark you.
You will hear me.

I don't make empty threat.

Oga no vex, biko no vexgrin cry

No mind this 10 years old boy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me / Guy Shares Photos Of His Mother Who Looks More Like His Elder Sister / John, Peter And Jamie Obidiegwu Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.