Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School (5718 Views)

If You Experience Snakes And Demons In Dreams... / Church Members Flog 'Demons' In Awka, Anambra State (Video) / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Mariangeles(f): 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover them (i.e. to search things out)"
- Proverbs 25:2

The sucking up to the powers that be, the god and/or angels of Nairaland heaven, is a complete turn-off, besides petroleum, coal etcetera are not found, easily on front page. Diamond, gold, rubies etcetera are not found, easily on front page. Pearls are not found, easily on front page. Those to whom these are valuable to, will eventually find these things on their own, either by digging deep underneath the ground for them or dive deep depth under water for them
Thanks for confirming my initial stance .
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Anas09: 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
glowingflame7:

Like I said, I'm using the bible context and definition, not the usual Nigerian deliverance context. By the way, the word "demons" doesn't even appear in the kjv bible for instance, now you know. Satan took possession of Peter. There are consequences for not being filled with the Spirit. It is possible for a believer to GIVE room to the devil.
And all you read is kvj translation? What kind of a serious Christian reads only one Bible translation?

Satan didn't take possession of Peter pls. Read your Bible very well.
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Anas09: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
glowingflame7:

Like I said, I'm using the bible context and definition, not the usual Nigerian deliverance context. By the way, the word "demons" doesn't even appear in the kjv bible for instance, now you know. Satan took possession of Peter. There are consequences for not being filled with the Spirit. It is possible for a believer to GIVE room to the devil.
What makes someone a believer?
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by glowingflame7: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
1/ When Jesus was tempted by Satan, was He at any time possessed by Satan?
2a/ Does the Bible suggest that Peter was possessed by Satan when he blurted, saying something that he shouldn't have said?
2b/ Does the Bible suggest that Peter was influenced by Satan when he blurted, saying something that he shouldn't have said?

3/ Does the Bible suggest that Eve was possessed by Satan before she went ahead to eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. tkoge)?

4a/ Unlike Peter, why was it easy for Satan to enter Judas, take possession of him and then put into his heart the idea to betray Jesus?
4b/ Unlike Peter, why was it easy for Satan to enter Ananias, take possession of him and then put into his heart the idea to try to deceive the Holy Spirit etcetera?

5a/ Being who you are in Christ and knowing yourself, do you believe that, from now to any time "t" in the future, you possibly can be taken over and get possessed by Satan?
5b/ Being who you are in Christ and knowing yourself, do you believe that, from now to any time "t" in the future, your will, your heart or your body can be possessed by Satan?

Bros, is this one or two questions? Are we possessed? Ok oh.

1/ When Jesus was tempted by Satan, was He at any time possessed by Satan?

Temptation is not possession. To possess means to own or have as I have loosely used it. I think the version you guys propagate is to dominate.

2a/ Does the Bible suggest that Peter was possessed by Satan when he blurted, saying something that he shouldn't have said?

Yes. Jesus said TO Peter, get thee behind me satan.

2b/ Does the Bible suggest that Peter was influenced by Satan when he blurted, saying something that he shouldn't have said?

Yes.

3/ Does the Bible suggest that Eve was possessed by Satan before she went ahead to eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. tkoge)?

Temptation is not possession.

4a/ Unlike Peter, why was it easy for Satan to enter Judas, take possession of him and then put into his heart the idea to betray Jesus?

They both fumbled, Peter repented and Jesus looked for him, that was the difference.

4b/ Unlike Peter, why was it easy for Satan to enter Ananias, take possession of him and then put into his heart the idea to try to deceive the Holy Spirit etcetera?

So Ananais and Sapphira were possessed? Hallelujah.

5a/ Being who you are in Christ and knowing yourself, do you believe that, from now to any time "t" in the future, you possibly can be taken over and get possessed by Satan?

I don't know myself. I know God and pray that He help me to the end. Peter knew himself.

5b/ Being who you are in Christ and knowing yourself, do you believe that, from now to any time "t" in the future, your will, your heart or your body can be possessed by Satan?

Jesus told Simon Peter that Satan had asked to have him. Possession is having. I'm not buying the usual Nigerian deliverance context definition of rolling on the floor and vomiting cockroaches for the only definition of possession. Thanks. No more questions. Lol
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by glowingflame7: 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
Anas09:

What makes someone a believer?

You don't know?
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by glowingflame7: 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2019
Anas09:

And all you read is kvj translation? What kind of a serious Christian reads only one Bible translation?

Satan didn't take possession of Peter pls. Read your Bible very well.

I have never read kvj translation, neither did I say that I read only one translation. It is nauseating to hear your version of serious christianity. How many in the early church were serious christians then? If you think reading many bible translations is what a serious christian, that's rather unfortunate.
Hold on to your only definition of possession, alright? No problem, I'm not interested in winning an argument. My point is very clear, to possess is to have. Jesus clearly told Peter that Satan desired/asked to have him/them. Satan clearly had Peter a little while when Jesus said TO Peter "get thee behind me satan". Bible will not say "possess your souls" or be filled with the Spirit, if there is nothing else to possess it.
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Anas09: 11:05am On Oct 01, 2019
glowingflame7:

I have never read kvj translation, neither did I say that I read only one translation. It is nauseating to hear your version of serious christianity. How many in the early church were serious christians then? If you think reading many bible translations is what a serious christian, that's rather unfortunate.
Hold on to your only definition of possession, alright? No problem, I'm not interested in winning an argument. My point is very clear, to possess is to have. Jesus clearly told Peter that Satan desired/asked to have him/them. Satan clearly had Peter a little while when Jesus said TO Peter "get thee behind me satan". Bible will not say "possess your souls" or be filled with the Spirit, if there is nothing else to possess it.
You have never read KJV or any other version of the Bible. Yet you know that KJV never mentioned demons. Lol.

If you have never read the Bible why we even having this discussion?
Re: How I Learned How To Tackle Demons In Secondary School by Anas09: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2019
glowingflame7:

You don't know?
I was hoping you wld tell me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Difference Between The Average Nairaland Muslim And Nairaland Christian / Never Neglect Rules And Focus On Prayer / A Simple Question To All Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.