Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket (16557 Views)

Dino Melaye Wins Kogi PDP Governorship Primary Election / Tinubu Wins Kogi State Presidential Election / Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by zakim(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2019
Gov Yahaya Bello of Kogi State yesterday emerged as the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Nov. 16 Governorship election. But one of the aspirants who challenged Bello for the ticket described the processes that produced the governor as candidate of the party as “mockery,” saying the national headquarters of the party should cancel the primary election and organize another one.

Gov. Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa State said Bello emerged winner of the governorship ticket by polling 3,369 votes to beat eight other aspirants who contested the governorship primaries conducted by the party in Lokoja.

Badaru who led the electoral panel that conducted the process, announced that Mr Babatunde Irukera came second with 109 votes; while Rep. Hassan Bewa came third with 44 votes.

According to him, Yahaya Audu, the younger brother of former Governor Abubakar Audu scored 10 votes, Sani Abdullahi polled seven votes, and Abubakar Bashir got three votes. Gov. Badaru also said that Mrs Blessing Ekele, Mrs Hadiza Ibrahim, Mr Yakubu Mohammed and Mr Danlami Mohammed scored zero votes. According to Badaru, 3,596 accredited delegates voted during the primary election out of which 54 votes were declared invalid.

But speaking to Daily Trust, Yakubu Mohammed said what transpired in Lokoja undermined acceptable democratic practice, saying the aspirants were kept in the dark. “We were not given the list of delegates; we were also not given clearance certificate to show that we would be part of the process. This is a disgrace to Kogi State. “In fact, there was no communication between the national headquarters of the party of the aspirants; we have never have it so low in Kogi.

They earlier disqualified some of us, then they said they have qualified some of us to contest. We came for the election but the delegates were denied opportunity to cast their votes; it is somebody who will cast the vote for you. They all cast the votes for Bello,” he said. Asked if he will go to court, Mohammed said, “I am not going to any court; I will leave them with their shame but the national headquarters should do the needful to save the par

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aspirant-kicks-as-bello-wins-kogi-apc-governorship-ticket.html

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2019
If certain useless Ikpeazu, Otorm, Ugwuanyi and Okowa, could win their states in the last election effortlessly, despite their total failure in all facet of governance, then November election will surely be a walk in park for Comrade Governor, Yahaya Bello who not only cleared the salary outstanding of the workers but has tangible achievements to point to.

IPOB yoots leave Kogi State for Kogites to decide their future.

26 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by vickodedon(m): 8:46am On Aug 30, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
If certain useless Ikpeazu, Otorm, Ugwuanyi and Okowa, could win their states in the last election effortlessly, despite their total failure in all facet of governance, then November election will surely be a walk in park for Comrade Governor, Yahaya Bello who not only cleared the salary outstanding of the workers but has tangible achievements to point to.

shut up

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by mrvitalis(m): 8:50am On Aug 30, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Thought APC was meant to be different

By the way all this governors u mentioned are far ahead of bello

Each has over 20 projects to their name

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

They are coming for you o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2019
[s]
mrvitalis:

Thought APC was meant to be different

By the way all this governors u mentioned are far ahead of bello

Each has over 20 projects to their name
[/s]

Tell that to your fellow IPOB yoots.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by mrvitalis(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Tell that to your fellow IPOB yoots.
Even me i known buhari supporter is now ipob ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by aolawale025: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2019
This is all so sad. APC just did themselves in kogi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2019
mrvitalis:

Even me i known buhari supporter is now ipob ?

Your grasp on issues lately has shown you are no different from an average Nnamdi Kanu's follower.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by mrvitalis(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Your grasp on issues lately has shown you are no different from an average Nnamdi Kanu's follower.
But standing up for the truth

If apc can give ticket to bello then they are worse than PDP ...and thats the reason i withdrew my support

Thought they had something better to offer nigerians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by TooMuchStuff: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2019
With APC everything EVIL is POSSIBLE....!

Another name for APC is Demon Dan-Wahala...!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Citytrend: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Good for him and His Family members

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by saintaustine(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Am beginning to loose faith on APC completely.

Just keep wondering the way forward for our dear country, where even the most trusted Nigerian betrays the trust of the common man, and goes scot free.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by superior1: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Let him go and test is popularity with kogites even though we know say all na rigging

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by publicsensor: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Normal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by maxjax(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
good for dem tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by spafu(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by TSRC: 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
PDP should be able to defeat him.
But I don't think the citizens in kogi know what they are doing.
There is no difference between them and abia state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by PureGoldh(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
Cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by spafu(m): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Sawdusted brain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by fergie001: 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
Continue kicking....
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by TSRC: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
BTW, come to think of it.
If Yahaya bello can be this useless in his first term, just imagine how he would be in his second term?

Damn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Freshbaba95(m): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
TSRC:

In your weirdest dreams, APC ain't ready to drop from the top. That's why I hate Nigeria Politics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Emmytech01(m): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
Click on my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by fergie001: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
TSRC:

Do votes count?

Abia's case is always 2 or 3 bad choices, so you sit at home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Emmytech01(m): 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
Join this great innovation now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by Silas6(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
I din hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Mohammed Kicks As Yahaya Bello Wins Kogi APC Governorship Ticket by pavoda: 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
I agree, only caveat!? Gov Yahaya bellow was not duly elected and became Gov upon the death of Prince Audu.. significant difference in my opinion.
NgeneUkwenu:
If certain useless Ikpeazu, Otorm, Ugwuanyi, and Okowa, could win their states in the last election effortlessly, despite their total failure in all facet of governance, then November election will surely be a walk in park for Comrade Governor, Yahaya Bello who not only cleared the salary outstanding of the workers but has tangible achievements to point to.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamu: APC Will Reconcile Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Other Aspirants After Primaries / $49.8bn Oil Funds Not Missing, Says Senate / Senate Passes Motion To Reintroduce Toll Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.