Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

You Just Graduated Or Finished NYSC? And You're Quite Confused, Here Are Few Tip - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Just Graduated Or Finished NYSC? And You're Quite Confused, Here Are Few Tip (300 Views)

I Just Graduated And I Don't Know What Else / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? / Hello Nairalanders, I Just Graduated This Year And Want To Learn A Skill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Just Graduated Or Finished NYSC? And You're Quite Confused, Here Are Few Tip by lalabrother: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2019
You just Graduated or Finished NYSC? And you're quite confused, here are few things you need to do:

-Be specific about where you want to work and what career path you want to go in line with. Don't stay open, and hope for whatever comes your way.

- Attend conferences and meetings in your career line.
This way you can meet so many people in your field and increase your network which is quite brilliant! Most of the jobs you would get would come from your network.

-Apply:
The job isn't going to fly into your mail, how many times have you applied? have you reviewed your CV, what is missing? I read about a man who wrote to 360 companies seeking for a job.

No job is too small:
Rather than sitting at home, take on something. I had honestly told myself I wouldn't mind being a cleaner for @MoAbudu
if I wanted to work with her, at least you get the opportunity to meet them and have a conversation.

Learn a skill:
Don't stay idle, the Internet is full of lessons and the more skills you have the more likely you're going to get employed by that HR.

Intern:
Most companies are looking for interns, and as much as I hate interning in Nigeria, it's honestly one of the best ways to meet some of the big goons. Just ensure you don't run too many errands and forget why you came.

Lastly, Be desperate, do people really know you're seeking a job or you've left the work to your parents to find you a job.

@enioluwa_

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Digital Marketing Skills You Need For 2019 And Beyond / Korea Awards Masters Degree Scholarship To 13 Nigerians / Occupational Health & Safety Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.