Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges (15057 Views)

President Tinubu Meets With Japan Gas MD On New FLNG Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom / Nothing To Show For Buhari’s Investment In SIP - Ndume / Why Buhari's Investment In Niger Is Troubling. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by References: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2019
..as Buhari woos Toyota to set up Assembly plant in Nigeria

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday held investment talks with top officials of Japan Bank for International Cooperation, and Toyota Group.

The meeting was held on the sideline of the Seventh Tokyo International Conference on African Development, TICAD 7, in Yokohama, Japan and was contained in a statement signed and forwarded to DAILY POST by his Media Aide, Femi Adesina.

Led by its Deputy Governor, Mr Nobumitsu Hayashi, the Japan Bank for International Cooperation indicated its interest in supporting projects in which Japanese companies are involved in Nigeria.

The bank said it had lots of resources dedicated for that purpose and would be interested in oil and gas, and investments in infrastructure.

President Buhari welcomed the bank, informing the team that Nigeria had introduced the Ease of Doing Business, and bureaucratic bottlenecks were being cleared off the way.

At a bilateral meeting with Toyota Tsusho, a part of the Toyota conglomerate, President/CEO of the group, Ichiro Kashitani, indicated interest in sectors like energy, healthcare and automobiles, saying Toyota would be delighted to have presence all over Nigeria.

Kashitani said Toyota Tsusho wishes to also build an advanced medical diagnostics centre, which would foreclose need for foreign travel to obtain cutting edge medical diagnosis.

President Buhari urged the group to also consider setting up a car assembly plant, noting that Nigeria had the capacity to absorb the investment for positive returns.

At another meeting with the Prime Minister of Algeria, Noureddine Bedoui, President Buhari counseled that the political programme in the country be faithfully executed, which would lead to general elections as soon as possible.

“Algeria is a good pan-Africanist nation, with a lot of influence over the continent,” the President said.

Prime Minister,Bedoui said dialogue was in progress with all stakeholders leading to elections, hopefully by end of the year.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/08/30/details-buharis-investment-meeting-japan-bank-toyota-emerges/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by References: 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
They want to build an advanced medical diagnostics centre to prevent those leaders who have a permanent bed outside the country to bed-rest here. But will Ajala agree?
Your guess is as good as mine....

They signed a deal for life with regards to an Assembly plant in Ghana, that Toyota, i mean that same Toyota coy...is this now a case of copycat?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed no be me talk am ooooo

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by naptu2: 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
References:
They want to build an advanced medical diagnostics centre to prevent those leaders who have a permanent bed outside the country to bed-rest here. But will Ajala agree?

They signed a deal for life with regards to an Assembly plant in Ghana, that Toyota, i mean that same Toyota coy...is this now a case of copycat?

https://www.nairaland.com/3002773/toyota-unveils-first-nigerian-toyota
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by fergie001: 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
naptu2:

https://www.nairaland.com/3002773/toyota-unveils-first-nigerian-toyota
This link is 2016.
They hinted in 2015...and this is 2019....4 years, and yet we are still wooing them?
That's not good enough.....

Ghana just signed a f^cking MoU on that, to seal that deal for life...we should be moving faster than we are.

This is my personal opinion.

24 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by naptu2: 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2019
fergie001:

This link is 2016.
They hinted in 2015...and this is 2019....4 years, and yet we are still wooing them?
That's not good enough.....

Ghana just signed a f^cking MoU on that, to seal that deal for life...we should be moving faster than we are.

This is my personal opinion.

You don't understand. Toyota has already built an assembly plant in Nigeria, while it only just signed an MOU to build an assembly plant in Ghana.

That 2016 thread is reporting the first vehicle to come off the assembly line at the Toyota plant in Nigeria.

32 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by fergie001: 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
naptu2:

You don't understand. Toyota has already built an assembly plant in Nigeria, while it only just signed an MOU to build an assembly plant in Ghana.

That 2016 thread is reporting the first vehicle to come off the assembly line at the Toyota plant in Nigeria.

President Buhari urged the group to also consider setting up a car assembly plant, noting that Nigeria had the capacity to absorb the investment for positive returns.

Then look at this write-up, what is he woo-ing them for again?

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by naptu2: 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
fergie001:

Then look at this wtite up, what is he woo-ing them for again?

Simple: The Toyota guys came with a proposal to set up a medical diagnostic centre in Nigeria, so that Nigerians do not need to go abroad for healthcare and President Buhari told them that they can also set up an additional plant in Nigeria because Nigeria has the population to absorb the investment.

Are you saying that Toyota does not already have an assembly plant in Nigeria? grin

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by fergie001: 5:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
naptu2:

Simple: The Toyota guys came with a proposal to set up a medical diagnostic centre in Nigeria, so that Nigerians do not need to go abroad for healthcare and President Buhari told them that they can also set up an additional plant in Nigeria because Nigeria has the population to absorb the investment.

Are you saying that Toyota does not already have an assembly plant in Nigeria? grin

grin grin grin grin I am saying I didn't read additional from that write up which I based my observation from... Now, that you have paraphrased I now understand your own version.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by naptu2: 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
Although I personally disagree with President Buhari.

Many companies set up assembly plants between 2014 and 2016. These include Toyota Nigeria Limited and Coscharis Motors, but they have recently been reporting poor sales.

The exceptions are Innoson and Stallion group (VON), but these two companies are heavily benefitting from government patronage.

I think they need to take another look at our auto policy and see how to make it work in such a way that the local auto plants will be able to make good money and still provide good value for money to the customer.

So I think that the medical facility is a better idea at the moment than the second assembly plant.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
President Buhari welcomed the bank, informing the team that Nigeria had introduced the Ease of Doing Business, and bureaucratic bottlenecks were being cleared off the way.

GOD BLESS OUR DARLING PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI AND HIS AMIABLE VICE PRESIDENT PROF YEMI OSINBAJO AS THEY TAKE OUR COUNTRY TO A NEW NIGERIA.

Slow and steady we will get to a country flowing with milk and honey.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by renewable1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
Cool...

Get our 1kva solar power system for just 125k.
Check my signature
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by MrMystrO(m): 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
Buhari sha. Funny enough we just dey waste our time fighting this guy. The man no get shaking. He fears no one and he's going nowhere. My people, let's set our eyes on 2023 jare. Buhari's 8 years is a settled matter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nice post

Contact me and let me open a verified PayPal for you for just 2k
WhatsApp: 08124935654
Just one person needed
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Blacknote: 5:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Pearry: 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
let's see
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
References:

President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday held investment talks with top officials of Japan Bank for International Cooperation, and Toyota Group.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/08/30/details-buharis-investment-meeting-japan-bank-toyota-emerges/
We want to see the video!!! We are tired of Photoshops
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by PureGoldh(m): 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nice one.

He should do and come back but it seems we are somehow better off in his absence grin
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
naptu2:

Many companies set up assembly plants between 2014 and 2016. These include Toyota Nigeria Limited and Coscharis Motors, but they have recently been reporting poor sales.

The exceptions are Innoson and Stallion group (VON), but these two companies are heavily benefitting from government patronage.

I think they need to take another look at our auto policy and see how to make it work in such a way that the local auto plants will be able to make good money and still provide good value for money to the customer.

So I think that the medical facility is a better idea at the moment than the second assembly plant.

I really wonder where the issue is. If they can provide competively priced cars, Nigerians will rush them.
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Teejayphillip(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
God Make baba meetings begin dey yield by ur grace.

God put everyone who’s against dis Govt to shame.

Keep President Buhari in good shape and keep impacting him more with wisdom,knowledge and understanding to take this country to a greater height..

Hear our prayers and cry.

Heal our land to be filled with milk and honey.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by jkendy(m): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
Just as wasteful as usual, nothing meaningful is being expected out of these political jamborees in Japan.
It'll never put food on the table/plate of the poorest of the poor Nigerian child.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by naptu2: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
ornicus:

I really wonder where the issue is. If they can provide competively priced cars, Nigerians will rush them.

They were motivated to set up the assembly plants because government unveiled an auto policy that included an increase in import tax of second hand cars and that the government would curb smuggling. The government has not been able to do either of those things.
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Edu3Again: 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
Japan don't do it.

Nija is on the verge of breaking.

many are looking out of this contraption called Nigeria.

Without the South, the North is useless.

And I'm sure he wants the plant in the North.
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by abumeinben(m): 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Toyota deal...

Innoson deal kwani?
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Unik3030: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
References:

U are making ignorance fashionable.... Wailers are liable to die heartbroken

2 Likes

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by TSRC: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
naptu2:

Is Toyota into business of medicine?
WTF is going on here?

Why not get them to build a giant world class vehicle plant that can possibily serve the Continent.

Won't that serve us better economically than a single medical aid?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by vedaxcool(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
[s]
Edu3Again:
Japan don't do it.

Nija is on the verge of breaking.

many are looking out of this contraption called Nigeria.

Without the South, the North is useless.

And I'm sure he wants the plant in the North.
[/s]

Iponists are on the verge of calamity

1 Like

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by naptu2: 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
TSRC:

Is Toyota into business of medicine?
WTF is going on here?

Why not get them to build a giant world class vehicle plant that can possibily serve the Continent.

Won't they serve us better economically than a single medical aid?

Yes. Toyota went into the medical business in 2011.

5 Likes

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
naptu2:

They were motivated to set up the assembly plants because government unveiled an auto policy that included an increase in import tax of second hand cars and that the government would curb smuggling. The government has not been able to do either of those things.

The increase in import was done. Both for brand new and second hand cars. My first ride was 2003 Honda pilot in 2008 Today I am looking at 8 to 10 year old cars cry.

One of the reasons a lot of people swore for Buhari.
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Unik3030: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
fergie001:

grin grin grin grin I am saying I didn't read additional from that write up which I based my observation from... Now, that you have paraphrased I now understand your own version.

Hatred no gree u read finish b4 u attack cos u have been programmed to attack irrespective of what is happening. Next time calm down b4 u comment. Don't come here to display your stupidity
Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by TSRC: 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Iponists are on the verge of calamity
Buhari won by just 2-3 million votes in a country of nearly 200millon.
That is significant level of national opposition.

Stop exaggerating ipob. Buhari's opposition is greater than ipob.

3 Likes

Re: Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges by Okwyjesus(m): 6:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
References:

The meeting was held on the sideline of the Seventh Tokyo International Conference on African Development, TICAD 7, in Yokohama, Japan and was contained in a statement signed and forwarded to DAILY POST by his Media Aide, Femi Adesina.

Led by its Deputy Governor, Mr Nobumitsu Hayashi, the Japan Bank for International Cooperation indicated its interest in supporting projects in which Japanese companies are involved in Nigeria.

The bank said it had lots of resources dedicated for that purpose and would be interested in oil and gas, and investments in infrastructure.

At a bilateral meeting with Toyota Tsusho, a part of the Toyota conglomerate, President/CEO of the group, Ichiro Kashitani, indicated interest in sectors like energy, healthcare and automobiles, saying Toyota would be delighted to have presence all over Nigeria.

Kashitani said Toyota Tsusho wishes to also build an advanced medical diagnostics centre, which would foreclose need for foreign travel to obtain cutting edge medical diagnosis.

At another meeting with the Prime Minister of Algeria, Noureddine Bedoui, President Buhari counseled that the political programme in the country be faithfully executed, which would lead to general elections as soon as possible.

“Algeria is a good pan-Africanist nation, with a lot of influence over the continent,” the President said.

Prime Minister,Bedoui said dialogue was in progress with all stakeholders leading to elections, hopefully by end of the year.

The President need to address issue of security first before wooing investors. lf me as a Nigerian cannot freely use the road then forget of foreigners.
Toyota is heading to Ghana already.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fresh ANAP/NOI Poll Skewed To Encourage Peter Obi’s Supporters – APC / I Am Not Supporting Tinubu – Gov Ikpeazu Dismisses Orji Kalu / Peter Obi's Romance With North Raises 2027 Permutations - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.