Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu (18830 Views)

PDP Installs Digital Billboard To Broadcast Oshiomhole’s Attestation On Obaseki / Julius Berger Installs Live Camera On The 2nd Niger Bridge / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Futureyahooboi(m): 7:39am On Aug 31, 2019
I hope is not only pencil because we also need eraser, you can't use Nigeria pencil to make a mistake and then you foreign eraser to clean it...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by AfroKnight: 7:40am On Aug 31, 2019
myfan:
We are still at 'pencil production' stage in 2019?

You don’t know the amount of dollars we spend to import pencils. Especially all those annoying fake pencils from china.

Pencils that children misplace anyhow. Pencils that artists, carpenters, architecture students, WAEC candidates and teachers use? Omo! This is a good step. Instead of burning wood into charcoal for cooking, we should make pencils. The market is huge.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Reference(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2019
GavelSlam:
A society of self-entitled morons.

Your fathers produced absolutely nothing and now you are towing the same path.

You refused to carry out any research but you are experts at phishing, scam and tramadol.

Government attempts to kickstart with the basics but you complain.

Why not show your stuff for all the world to applaud?

I like the series of replies you put to those inquests. It will reset their thinking if they are not lost in their ways. That it takes the government to kick start a pencil making factory it is more an indictment of the failure of the common man to venture, to be productive. One should ordinarily be ashamed of himself. I am ashamed it takes the prompting of government to make pencils.

You beggerly citizens ask them to provide jobs and they give you pencils to make and you say no. You want to build space craft.... kai, Nigerians grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by adekolaelect(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2019
WalkerMichael:
How's this supposed to be news? I'm 2019?

I think they should keep things like this away from media. Why celebrate because FG INSTALLED pencil production machines in a state?

It's the same reason we praise & hail our governors for building roads, building an infrastructure etc - things which are their duty...
You are right for it to be keeping away from media but this tell us Nigeria was not progressing before .If it had been done before this silly this will not attract media attention but when is the first in the country it must be celebrated this is why I don't support some recycled leaders to be in the elm of affairs of this country because they don't lay foundation of progress for Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 31, 2019
MrPresident1:
Excellent Progress grin forward ever backward never! Nigeria fire on!

After this one we will now produce rockets and spaceships, we will now go to the moon, then we will go and explore planet Jupiter, we will build a military base there.

Then 1 Dollar will become equal to 1Naira

Osetigoooo cheesy wink

Nigeria is now one of the advanced countries in the world
that is Wry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Okwyjesus(m): 7:57am On Aug 31, 2019
deji17:
Breaking: FG installs machines for pencil production in Enugu

ON AUGUST 31, 2019

BY NWAFOR

The Federal Government has commenced the installation of equipment and machines for the proposed pencil factory at the Projects Development Institute (PRODA), Enugu.

A Pencil production plant as Nigeria’s government set to commence local production The Chairman, Governing Board of PRODA, Mr Daniel Onjeh, disclosed this on Friday in Enugu while briefing newsmen on the activities of the institute. Onjeh said that the PRODA school pencil project was a flagship and the first of such production facility in West Africa. He said that the factory would be producing a minimum of 15 million pencils per annum, when completed.

He said that the institute was working towards using local content, adding it had also diversified into the use of waste paper for its production. Onjeh said: “The project is aimed at 100 per cent local content, including graphite, clay, wood and waste paper. “We are expecting experts from China in October to install the machines that will produce pencils with waste paper. “Pencils are in high demand, which is why we are emphasising pencil production. “The pencil factory will create employment and also support the economic polices of the federal government.” Onjeh further said that pencil production was not an easy venture, pointing out that getting a modern standard pencil involved about 125 steps. He said that the test run of the machines would be done before the end of the year.

He expressed joy that PRODA had been fully revived, saying that the board was committed to moving the agency forward. “One of the projects, which we are keenly seeing to completion is the Round House Project, which is the main edifice of the institute. Make professionalism your watch word, CIPM registrar charges members(Opens in a new browser tab) “We intend to further upgrade the monument from the institute’s allocation in the 2019 budget,” he said.

The board chairman commended the federal government for the increase in the budgetary allocations to the institute which, he said, had made their work easier. “We noticed a remarkable increase in the funds allocated to the agency in the 2018 and 2019 budgets and we look forward to progressive increment in the coming years,” he said. Onjeh said that the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, and the National Assembly were instrumental to the progress so far made by the institute.

(NAN) Vanguard

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/breaking-fg-installs-machines-for-pencil-production-in-enugu/

WE ARE NOTHING BUT PENCIL IN THE AGE OF CIVILIZATION.

Na that kind project they will be fast to complete in South East

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by LZAA: 8:00am On Aug 31, 2019
Pencil?
2019?
Chai sai babarism is dangerous grin
Cc immhotep sarrki gwarotango Afamed GMBuharii

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Osobi32(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2019
Reference:

Please stop this nonsense. You can criticise all you want IF YOU HAVE A RIVAL PENCIL MAKING FACTORY AND FEEL THREATENED. If not support it. It has the pote tial to take folks not as endowed as you off the streets and away from crime. We are looking at the benefits to society as a whole and the gains from a culture of 'making things', a culture of self sufficiency rather than the things themselves which is of secondary importance.
...I appreciate ur view on the topic and am sorry if my comment offends u but frankly I feel disappointed. Yea it's a good one for the masses and a great step to curb unemployment but hey I feel very sad because I know this country can do better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Exponental(m): 8:03am On Aug 31, 2019
I can bet the machine is either used or specially made for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2019
The government made up of the same underachieving 'fathers'
The man giving you poison can't be your doctor,
Until we realize this, we would be going about in circles

GavelSlam:
A society of self-entitled morons.

Your fathers produced absolutely nothing and now you are towing the same path.

You refused to carry out any research but you are experts at phishing, scam and tramadol.

Government attempts to kickstart with the basics but you complain.

Why not show your stuff for all the world to applaud?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by COMPAQ(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2019
I thought Akwa Ibom state government also established a pencil factory a few years ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 31, 2019
Dunno why Nigerians accolades Statesmen when there is an assigned function. Did we seat them there so they could eat kpomo and nsala?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by GavelSlam: 8:26am On Aug 31, 2019
Kennitrust:
undecidedmust I outgrown people who been opportuned to attend the best school in the world. Must I outgrown people who has all the the wealth and the wisdom of development with them.

If I was brought up in environment where I have a little idea of what life is truly like, You won't ask me this question.

My life has miss so much undecided

Excuses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2019
shadeyinka:

I hope this is not a joke from you.

You are over optimistic: Chinese People are INSTALLING pencil production facility it means that we really don't have the technology. The picture attached too is a confirmation we didn't build the machine, we bought it.

Purchasing a car and driving it does not imply that we now have "Car Technology".
When the Chinese started the process of industrialization in the 70s, they also imported the the machines that were use from US,EU,and the Soviet Union.And they also started by producing non mechanical objects like shoe,cloths,pencils etc.It was only at the late 90s that they started producing machines.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by scernado77(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2019
Chai this1 really weak me o when I thought we are the giants of Africa...May God help us all...

please check my signature thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by shadeyinka(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2019
Ibrahimmrfish:

When the Chinese started the process of industrialization in the 70s, the also imported the the machines that were use from US,EU,and the Soviet Union.And they also started by producing non mechanical objects like shoe,cloths,pencils etc.It was only at the late 90s that they started producing machines.
Chinese people imported machines for the purpose of cloning them and not to use them directly for manufacturing.

Until our steel industry is up, we are lost technically. Until our chemical and plastic industry industry is up, we are lost technically. Until our Tool industry is up, we are lost technically.

Industrialization has to do with ability to make tools, machines, chemicals and power NOT the use of imported equipment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Reference(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2019
Osobi32:
...I appreciate ur view on the topic and am sorry if my comment offends u but frankly I feel disappointed. Yea it's a good one for the masses and a great step to curb unemployment but hey I feel very sad because I know this country can do better.

I understand. But the truth is that before prosperity must be enjoyed we need to develop a culture of prosperity which begins with independence or the ability to care for ourselves by making things. If we cannot make the pencils our engineers, architects, doctors, inventors, investors, scientists will use to sketch, sign and write, how do we start to make things.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Ttipsy(f): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2019
abi na pencil person go chop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2019
shadeyinka:

Chinese people imported machines for the purpose of cloning them and not to use them directly for manufacturing.

Until our steel industry is up, we are lost technically. Until our chemical and plastic industry industry is up, we are lost technically. Until our Tool industry is up, we are lost technically.

Industrialization has to do with ability to make tools, machines, chemicals and power NOT the use of imported equipment.
It took them years to develop the ability to clone(copy) other people Technology.In the 60s and 70s the Chinese were also dependent on other people for machines and spare parts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Reference(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2019
shadeyinka:

I disagree. This is just a chicken and egg argument about which comes first the machine or the machine tool. You donot need to reinvent the wheel to industrialize. I am tested to think of anything the Chinese have invented since gunpowder yet they are the number one industrial nation. We donot need to start with raw materials and basic industrial inputs to industrialize. You can enter the value chain at any point you find profitable and sustainable. It is all about developing a culture of 'making things' and no matter what is made and we will prosper.

If you donot have a steel industry you may not be absolutely profitable in all things but not everythng is made of steel. What I just desire is a change of narrative and mentality away from the prevalent 'buy and sell' culture at the citizen level and the mining and extractive industry mindset of government.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Osobi32(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2019
Reference:

I understand. But the truth is that before prosperity must be enjoyed we need to develop a culture of prosperity which begins with independence or the ability to care for ourselves by making things. If we cannot make the pencils our engineers, architects, doctors, inventors, investors, scientists will use to sketch, sign and write, how do we start to make things.
.. True. But am still very disappointed, I've seen a little of the outside world and how advanced they are, looking back home all I see is pencil invention at this time and age! Are u aware that one of our politician own one of the best hopitals in Minnesota? Are u aware the the budget OBJ used to host the queen some years ago is the same amount Dubai used to build a whole city? Thinking deep into all this makes me feel disappointed over pencil invention
Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by lequama10: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2019
seanjy4konji:
when people are going to the moon back and forth.

when jss2 student in china are mass producing radio right from the capacitor,mass torchlights,mass radio controlled toy,shipping it out as export and bringing in better foreign reserves...

we are installing pencil making machines in 2019....

God dammit.

ps...who did we offend in this country if all man fit gather for express each state postrate for am make him forgive us.
my brother you also a Nigerian I believe, Can you tell us one reasonable contribution you had ever done to the production of anything here in Nigeria or even to the development of your state or community . Just one my brother then maybe you have the right to complain.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by shadeyinka(m): 9:21am On Aug 31, 2019
Reference:

I disagree. This is just a chicken and egg argument about which comes first the machine or the machine tool. You donot need to reinvent the wheel to industrialize. I am tested to think of anything the Chinese have invented since gunpowder yet they are the number one industrial nation. We donot need to start with raw materials and basic industrial inputs to industrialize. You can enter the value chain at any point you find profitable and sustainable. It is all about developing a culture of 'making things' and no matter what is made and we will prosper.

If you donot have a steel industry you may not be absolutely profitable in all things but not everythng is made of steel. What I just desire is a change of narrative and mentality away from the prevalent 'buy and sell' culture at the citizen level and the mining and extractive industry mindset of government.
If you were a little technologically inclined, you will understand me.

Ability to Create is far greater than ability to use: the user will always be dependent on the creator!

Tell me one "chemical reagents" produced in Nigeria?
Show me a copper, aluminium, lead production facility in Nigeria?
Show me a made in Nigeria Generator/Alternator?

The list is endless: Nigeria is a consumer and dependent Nation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by shadeyinka(m): 9:22am On Aug 31, 2019
Ibrahimmrfish:

It took them years to develop the ability to clone(copy) other people Technology.In the 60s and 70s the Chinese were also dependent on other people for machines and spare parts.
No, it doesn't.
It takes years to perfect your clone though.

Do you think Nigeria has any plan for cloning any technology?
And if so, what?
Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:45am On Aug 31, 2019
I Was Not Understand, Is It A True That We Are Importing Pencils And Toothpicks All This While

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Bodexman(m): 10:22am On Aug 31, 2019
Reference:

I like the series of replies you put to those inquests. It will reset their thinking if they are not lost in their ways. That it takes the government to kick start a pencil making factory it is more an indictment of the failure of the common man to venture, to be productive. One should ordinarily be ashamed of himself. I am ashamed it takes the prompting of government to make pencils.

You beggerly citizens ask them to provide jobs and they give you pencils to make and you say no. You want to build space craft.... kai, Nigerians grin

Who says the government takes the first initiative to start pencil? Infact, I worked in a company where pencils are produced here in Lagos. The government is just coming late; something they haven't test run.

Samples of our products.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Smoke55: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2019
wow! thats great!! finally we have join the pencil producing contries in the world.....our federal government deserves an accolade..

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by LordPsalm(m): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2019
Hahaha pencil production in 2019 lol
Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Masterclass32: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2019
Why Enugu? Why not in Daura?
Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by Kvngyemi0407(m): 11:03am On Aug 31, 2019
Always celebrating mediocrity in my country.. are we still at the age of pencil production cry cry
Re: Breaking: FG Installs Machines For Pencil Production In Enugu by kitone: 11:27am On Aug 31, 2019
At least we have started something.if this was done since 1999 we would not be here today.kudos to the government.si all schools in Nigeria should use made in Nigeria pencil not using USD to import pencil from china

myfan:
We are still at 'pencil production' stage in 2019?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines / Charles Chukwunonso Odo: I Cursed PDP, It Will Never Know Peace / Solomon Adaelu Gives Road Construction Machines To His Constituency In Abia. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.