Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! (4664 Views)

Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS / FEC Meeting: Jonathan Fails To Announce Cabinet Shake-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by wales(m): 6:21am On Oct 26, 2010
The Nigerian Air Force on Monday announced the redeployment of some of its senior officers.

A statement by the NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Yusuf Anas, said 12 Air Vice Marshals, 36 Commodores and 27 Group Captains were affected.

It said AVM G.A.F. Adekunle had been moved from his position as the Principal General Staff Officer to the Chief of Defence Staff to that of Air Officer Operations.

AVM A.S. Badah also moves from Defence Headquarters to NAF Headquarters as Air Officer, Policy and Plans.

The statement said AVMs I. Salihu and I.A. Kure were now Air Officer, Inspection and Air Officer, Administration respectively at the NAF Headquarters.

It said AVM G.B. Odesola had been made the Air Officer Commanding, Tactical Air Command, Makurdi, while AVM E.J. Aprekuma is the new Air Officer Commanding, Training Command, Kaduna, and AVM H.A. Na-Shehu, Air Officer Commanding, Logistics Command.

It also said AVM A.T. Mu’azu had moved from the NAF Headquarters to Armed Forces command and Staff College as commandant while AVM C.E. Aroriode would take over as the Commandant of the Armed Forces Resettlement Centre.

AVM W.A. Oguejiofor was also appointed the Managing Director of the Air Force Foundation, the statement added.

Air Commodore J.C. Ifemeje was named the Air Secretary at the NAF Headquarters while Air Commodore A. Mamu became the Managing Director of Aeronautical Engineering and Technical Services Ltd.

It also named Air Commodore A.A. Ogunnaike as the Director of Policy, NAF Headquarters; Air Commodore H.R. Mohammed, Director of Air Engineering; Air Commodore A. Maisaka, Director of Medical Services, and Air Commodore O.A. Morgan, Director of Evaluation.

Others are Air Commodore O.A. Idowu, Director of Safety; Group Capt. G. Truman, Director of Air Intelligence; and Group Capt. S.A. Yushau, Director of Finance and Accounting.

Also redeployed were Group Capt. S.S. Adamu, Director of Works; Group Capt. S.J. Wukangha, Director of Administration; and Group Capt. A. Shehu-Othman, Director of Legal Services.

The statement named Air Commodore O.T. Oguntoyinbo as the Commander, 99 Air Combat Tactical Group; Air Commodore U.J. Atiku, Commander, 81 Air Maritime Group; Air Commodore M. Magaji, Commander, 88 Military Airlift Group; and Air Commodore S.O. Abosede, Commander, 301 Flying Training School, Kaduna.

Air Commodore I.M. Pawa was named Commander of 204 Wing; Air Commodore J.M. Gbum, Commander of Strike Group; Air Commodore F.M. Makinde, 333 Logistics Group; and Air Commodore A.J. Bolajoko, Commander, 45 Nigerian Air Force Hospital.

Group Capt. H.K. Tukur, was named Commander, NAF Detachment; Group Capt. O.C Oguejiofor, Commander, 104 Personnel Management Group; and Group Capt. O.A. Ogunjobi, Commander, NAF Detachment, Calabar.

The statement also said the postings were with immediate effect.

Meanwhile, the Police Service Commission on Monday in Abuja promoted 12 Commissioners of Police to the next rank of Assistant Inspectors-General of Police.

The elevation which took immediate effect, was based on the recommendations of the Acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Hafiz Ringim.

The officers are Abubakar Mohammed; Ibrahim Ahmed; Christopher Ola; Saidu Daya and Bukar Maina. Others are Danlami Yar’Adua; Atiku Kafur; Muhammed Abbass; Aloysius Okorie; Shehu Babalola; Madueke Uzu and Charles Cole.

The commission stated that the promotions were in line with its vision of re-focusing and re-positioning the Nigeria Police Force to meet the challenges of policing a democratic nation in the 21st century and beyond.

A statement from the PSC Chief Information Officer, Ferdinand Ekpe, explained that the promotions were approved at the 18th Plenary Meeting of the commission which was chaired by Mr. Parry Osayande, a retired Deputy Inspector-General of Police.

It said that the body deliberated on various issues pertaining to the smooth running and effective administration of the NPF and took far-reaching decisions in its attempt at transforming the organisation.

The commission while congratulating the officers, urged them to re-double their efforts in the discharge of their duties to the nation.

It also called on all officers of the Force to re-dedicate themselves to the service of providing adequate security for the nation.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010264152853
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by wales(m): 6:22am On Oct 26, 2010
Always posting officers around,when will the Air force acquired some really hardware to protect Nigeria Air space?you guy has more generals than the number of fighter in your Squadron’s.Is a sham that a country as big and rich like Nigeria only has some 15 cheap Chinese J10 fighters to protect itself.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 26, 2010
wales:

Always posting officers around,when will the Air force acquired some really hardware to protect Nigeria Air space?you guy has more generals than the number of fighter in your Squadron’s.Is a sham that a country as big and rich like Nigeria only has some 15 cheap Chinese J10 fighters to protect itself.

actually cheap broken down Chinese J10 fighters. I bet a hot air baloon can fly faster than those planes cool
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by komekn(m): 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
Add to broken down, substandard, mediocre and just plain Rubbish
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by edoyad(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2010
From your statements it's obvious y'all know nothing about your airforce.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by oweniwe(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
And if jonathan spends £70m to buy a sophisticated fighter plane, una go still complain say e de buy plane when there are no roads and when people de hungry. People are never satisfied
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by Tugbaski: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
oweniwe:

And if jonathan spends £70m to buy a sophisticated fighter plane, una go still complain say e de buy plane when there are no roads and when people de hungry. People are never satisfied

Exactly what i thought.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by oweniwe(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
F-22 raptor costs $150m. Eurofighter typhoon costs £63m. Sophisticated Fighter jets are not cheap. Cost of maintainance nko?
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2010
Pls i don't mean to be tribalistic.But why is it that when i look at other spheres of endeavours in Nigeria i see Igbo names but when it comes to anything like Military or the police force we become a minority. Is it that Igbos are not really into this military stuff.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by youngmonie: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2010
i bet if we reduce all d ridiculous amounts d so callled senatorss, nd der counterparts r getting we will get such amount of money grin
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by jason12345: 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
afam4eva:

Pls i don't mean to be tribalistic.But why is it that when i look at other spheres of endeavours in Nigeria i see Igbo names but when it comes to anything like Military or the police force we become a minority. Is it that Igbos are not really into this military stuff.
it is not tribalistic, in fact it is a very valid question.
the reason is because the military is been controlled by the northerners and since the civil war (ojukwu) after igbo soliders did a coup, the northerners do not want them to become military strong again and so they monitor there numbers in the military
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by SAKUR: 5:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
edoyad:

From your statements it's obvious y'all know nothing about your airforce.

Sir,Can you please tell us what we don't know?
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2010
jason12345:

it is not tribalistic, in fact it is a very valid question.
the reason is because the military is been controlled by the northerners and since the civil war (ojukwu) after igbo soliders did a coup, the northerners do not want them to become military strong again and so they monitor there numbers in the military
There you go again with your blanket statements and ignorant generalisations. Have you current first hand experience of the Nigerian Armed Forces or you are just generalising and spouting conspiracy theories to cover up your ignorance?
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by jason12345: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
tensor777:

There you go again with your blanket statements and ignorant generalisations. Have you current first hand experience of the Nigerian Armed Forces or you are just generalising and spouting conspiracy theories to cover up your ignorance?

sharrap dia cool

i just told him the reason i think it was so. why don't you educate him if you have something contrary. undecided
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by jason12345: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ tensor
abi, must my opinion be yours
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by cold(m): 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2010
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air arm of the Nigerian military. It is one of the largest in West Africa, consisting of aircraft including 15 Chengdu F-7s, and 24 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, and a handful of Russian made bombers, armed helicopters and military transport aircraft. However in recent years many of them are no longer airworthy. Previous combat aircraft, including 32 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21s, and Sepecat Jaguars have been withdrawn from use.

In 2005 it was reported that Nigeria has approved $251 million USD to purchase 15 Chengdu F-7 fighters from China. The deal includes 12 F-7NI (NI = Nigeria) single seat fighters, and 3 FT-7NI dual-seat trainers. [2] The $251 ($252?) million package includes $220 million for 15 aircraft, plus $32 million for armaments, including 20 live PL-9C AAM, 10 training PL-9 rounds, unguided rockets, and 250/500 kg bombs. Nigerian pilots began their training in China in 2008, with delivery of the aircraft to begin in 2009. [2]

Nigeria had previously considered a $160 million deal to refurbish its fleet of MiG-21's by Aerostar/Elbit Systems, IAI, and RSK MiG. However, with the new F-7 purchase, the government of Nigeria has decided to suspend the refurbishment option and grounded its fleet of MiG 21's.

In September 2009 it was reported that U.S. Air Forces Africa and 118th Airlift Wing personnel had managed to make one of the Air Force's C-130s flyable again, and that it would be dispatched to Germany for further repairs.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2010
jason12345:

sharrap dia cool

i just told him the reason i think it was so. why don't you educate him if you have something contrary. undecided
Why? Because a conspiracy theory is never discredited by mere refutation. The only thing  such a refutation does  is to publicize and highlight the said conspiracy theory.
jason12345:

@ tensor
abi, must my opinion be yours
No its just that your opinions on national issues have become so stereotyped and laughably out of date.
You perhaps need to do more in-depth research on Nigeria before coming here to express your  views.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by jason12345: 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
tensor777:

No its just that your opinions on national issues have become[b] so stereotyped[/b] and laughably out of date.
You perhaps need to do more in-depth research on Nigeria before coming here to express your  views.
how? educate me smiley
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by hercules07: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
It is better to have a small, well equipped and efficient airforce than an overbloated airforce with substandard equipment. I am sure we can get multi role equipment that are very good at fairly reasonable prices. We also need our armed forces to go into engineering and research, let them contribute to human knowledge as well.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
jason12345:

how? educate me smiley
You know yourself and the kind of views you have. Such views could only have arisen from second hand accounts told repeatedly- from just a few sources- over an extended period of time. This is so typical of young Nigerians born in the diaspora.
Why don't you take the trouble to find things out directly instead of coming up with these tired recycled yarns?
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by rashylous(m): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
I fear may any country, no vex attack us oooo for this kind time, cos this is how america got attacks from people they retrenched from service, abi who no watch 24HOURS SERIES?
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by ebere1712: 12:21am On Oct 27, 2010
Honestly when I saw this post. I thot they made strategic changes to improve our country's air defense. Haha for a munite I forgot that we are only but bunch of jokers. Haha moving around fat pot bellied good for nothing and lazy soldiers. Hows that going to make us feel safer? cry. Naija wake up
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by ebere1712: 1:49am On Oct 27, 2010
hercules07:

It is better to have a small, well equipped and efficient airforce than an overbloated airforce with substandard equipment. I am sure we can get multi role equipment that are very good at fairly reasonable prices. We also need our armed forces to go into engineering and research, let them contribute to human knowledge as well.
Thank you my brother. Does it mean that after 50 years with all their military giri giri, they can't build one aircraft cheesy. Employ graduates in ur military and train them to develope defense weapons lipsrsealed. It doesn't get easier than that. I mean if any region wants to control the military  tongue they should atswell be prepared to go to school and learn engineering and all other disciplines necessary to hold positions of authority and leadership in that field.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 27, 2010
cold:

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air arm of the Nigerian military. It is one of the largest in West Africa, consisting of aircraft including 15 Chengdu F-7s, and 24 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, and a handful of Russian made bombers, armed helicopters and military transport aircraft. However in recent years many of them are no longer airworthy. Previous combat aircraft, including 32 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21s, and Sepecat Jaguars have been withdrawn from use.

In 2005 it was reported that Nigeria has approved $251 million USD to purchase 15 Chengdu F-7 fighters from China. The deal includes 12 F-7NI (NI = Nigeria) single seat fighters, and 3 FT-7NI dual-seat trainers. [2] The $251 ($252?) million package includes $220 million for 15 aircraft, plus $32 million for armaments, including 20 live PL-9C AAM, 10 training PL-9 rounds, unguided rockets, and 250/500 kg bombs. Nigerian pilots began their training in China in 2008, with delivery of the aircraft to begin in 2009. [2]

Nigeria had previously considered a $160 million deal to refurbish its fleet of MiG-21's by Aerostar/Elbit Systems, IAI, and RSK MiG. However, with the new F-7 purchase, the government of Nigeria has decided to suspend the refurbishment option and grounded its fleet of MiG 21's.

In September 2009 it was reported that U.S. Air Forces Africa and 118th Airlift Wing personnel had managed to make one of the Air Force's C-130s flyable again, and that it would be dispatched to Germany for further repairs.

U 4got to add the broken down J-10s cool
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by juman(m): 10:55am On Oct 27, 2010
Usual transfer of looters. Ineffective country. Yes to ODUA nation.
Re: Shake-up In Nigerian Air Force ! by Aussienavy: 11:21am On Oct 27, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Uduaghan Upgrade Public Schools In Delta To International Standard / The Insensitivity Of A Celebratory And Cake Cutting President!!! / History Of Power Generation In Nigeria & The Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.