Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration (9713 Views)

LP Losing Governorship Elections Massively In Benue, Plateau And Lagos / Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm / Killings In Zamfara More Than The Numbers In Plateau And Benue - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Blue3k(m): 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2019
The Plateau State Water Board has raised the alarm over the recent illegal mining activities around the Lamingo water dam site by some local miners.

Forty four persons suspected to be illegal miners have already been arrested by the National Security and Civil Defence Corps.

Illegal mining is one of the biggest problems with regard to environmental destruction, ecological disruptions and robbing the nation of its natural endowments.

Jos the Plateau State Capital is used to be known as the tin city in the years past but recent illegal mining activities by local miners in the state has forced the federal ministry of mines and steel to ban the state from every form mineral exploration citing its havoc.

The management of the Plateau state ministry of water resources and the state’s water board in synergy with the state Command of the National Security and Civil defense Corp has arrested over 44 alleged illegal miners in connection to suspected mining activities at the Lamingo water Dam site.

TVC News chatted with the President miners association of Nigeria Plateau state Chapter who condemned the action of the alleged illegal miners but however suggested a possible way for the state government to tackled the menace of Illegal mining.

The Plateau state government says it will station a security outpost within the Lamingo water Dam with immediate effect, to safe guard as well as prevent any likely act of illegal activities within the Dam site.

Source: https://tvcnews.tv/plateau-water-board-raises-the-alarm-over-illegal-mining-activities-at-dam-site/

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Blue3k(m): 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2019

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Blue3k(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
Its good the illegal miners were arrested before they contaminated the drinking water too much. These guys should just register their business to operate legally. They dont since they're not interested in paying taxes or obeying environmental regulations.

illegal mining activities by local miners in the state has forced the federal ministry of mines and steel to ban the state from every form mineral exploration citing its havoc.

They need to lift these restrictions soon for economic reasons. Who knows what discoveries will be delayed. The regulators just need to do better monitoring the miners activities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by guuguuru: 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2019
people and crime na wa oh
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Yakade(m): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2019
Thank God buhari/cow can't ban our life. Useless cow.

1 Like

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Switruth: 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2019
In two years the country will shut down.

2 Likes

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by softplaceng: 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
no ooo

we must mine this thing and chop it together

the north must surrender their resources too

2 Likes

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
like saying i should discover oil from my backyard tomorrow and come out to tell FG..even God wee disown me ASAP..
meanwhile, To all those fvcked up System and Govt..my Middle Finger's actually very long
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Davesone: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
undecided
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2019
Blue3k:

Source: https://tvcnews.tv/plateau-water-board-raises-the-alarm-over-illegal-mining-activities-at-dam-site/

Na person wey get control over his borders fit ban exportation.

1 Like

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by DropsMic(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2019
Nigeria tho...
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by DropsMic(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Na person wey get control over his borders fit ban exportation.
Gbam
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2019
How will the likes get u a laptop?
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by DropsMic(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2019
kessyR2B:
like saying i should discover oil from my backyard tomorrow and come out to tell FG..even God wee disown me ASAP..
meanwhile, To all those fvcked up System and Govt..my Middle Finger's actually very long

You can't drill for oil without people in area knowing... And once them know, them go report... And before you know wetin dey happen them don arrest you for illegal bunkering

7 Likes

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by SETHARTHUR(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2019
These is an unreasonable action by the FG. I Am just thinking on how i will in invest in an mineral exploration company or the nigerian mining sector only to enter nairaland and see this news,it is disappionting. But btw where is miningng guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2019
DropsMic:

You can drill for oil without people in area knowing... And once them know, them go report... And before you know wetin dem happen them don arrest you for illegal bunkering

ehn, e better make people know than say na me carry my two legs go dey form good citizen, wah am just saying in essence is "i cant be loyal to a country that aint loyal to me"...lets just both be decieving ourselves
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by DropsMic(m): 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2019
kessyR2B:

ehn, e better make people know than say na me carry my two legs go dey form good citizen, wah am just saying in essence is "i cant be loyal to a country that aint loyal to me"...lets just both be decieving ourselves

In some cases Bin disloyal can land you in trouble... Even as the country dusloyal die e no mean say mk we throw all caution to the wind... If you do so you fit lose our freedom
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Blue3k(m): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
When mining activities were banned in Zamfara, I dont remember any articles about illegal miners being arrested. The mining ban is still active aswell from my knowledge.
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by geosuzzy(f): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2019
Mineral exploration or exploitation? What the illegal miners are doing is not mineral exploration but exploitation...... And its not true that exploration has bin banned in the state
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Nowenuse: 6:03pm On Aug 31, 2019
SETHARTHUR:
These is an unreasonable action by the FG. I Am just thinking on how i will in invest in an mineral exploration company or the nigerian mining sector only to enter nairaland and see this news,it is disappionting. But btw where is miningng guy.

Bro I am a Plateau indigene. These people are illegal miners, most likely from China & India. They are not registered and they do not comply to healthy standards.
There are legal registered minning companies who are recognized by the government.

1 Like

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by sexyyoyo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
Blue3k:

Come down to Osun state Ilesha and environments to arrest them all .stop all this drama .
You know where they are in thousands .Osun state is bleeding heavily of gold and other natural resources been siphoned by people from the core north and nothing is been done about it because of their masters that sent them .Governor Oyetola please do something about this and don't look away . it's a known fact that can't be denied at all.
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by BrokenCock: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2019
finally Fg don wise! foreigners go come Naija dey mine go outside
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by sofiscatedmoron: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
grin
are they mining skull?
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by alphaNomega: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2019
Switruth:
In two years the country will shut down.

You wish.
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Switruth: 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2019
alphaNomega:

You wish.
. Any reason for the stoppage.
Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by SETHARTHUR(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2019
@Nowenuse-Pls can you connect me to any one of them i realy need to invest in mining.thanks 4 your understanding.

1 Like

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by Nowenuse: 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
SETHARTHUR:
@Nowenuse-Pls can you connect me to any one of them i realy need to invest in mining.thanks 4 your understanding.

Personally, I don't know much about this sector, but one of my uncles is into it big time. So pls allow me to try to make contact with him and inquire. Try to check up on me later on in case I forget.

1 Like

Re: 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration by SETHARTHUR(m): 3:02am On Sep 06, 2019
Ok.patiently waiting for the feedback.tanks 4 your understanding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Okays Military Operation Against Bandits In Niger State / Explosion In Ibadan? / College Of Education Zing Taraba State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.