Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap (9068 Views)

Corpse Of Policeman Killed In Numan, Adamawa By Fulani Herdsmen (Graphic) / Mass Burial Of Fulani Herdsmen Killed In Numan, Adamawa (Photos) / Villagers Attack Fulanis In Numan Adamawa, Kill 45, Injure Others (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by GistMore1: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
Rev. Elisha Numan of the Baptist Church in Ungwan Makeri community of Chikun Local Government Area in Kaduna state, has regained his freedom after spending 15 days in his abductor's den.

The Baptist Pastor regained his freedom on Saturday evening after an undisclosed amount was paid as ransom to the gunmen that abducted him on Wednesday August 14.

“Our brother has been released by kidnappers on Saturday evening after we paid the ransom. We have been in trauma since he was kidnapped on August 14, considering the fact that he was not even feeling well.

“Since the security agencies seemed to be helpless in tackling these criminals, we can only pray to God to visit His wrath upon the criminals” a source told The Nation.

Rev. Joseph Hayab, Chairman of the Kaduna state chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) also confirmed the release of Rev. Numan.

“Rev. Elisha Numan was released on Saturday night after two weeks in captivity. He was released after a ransom was paid following series of negotiations with the bandits on the ransom.

“We thank God for His mercies, we pray for God’s intervention in the calamity that seemed to have befallen us as a nation.

“We will also continue to call on the government and the security agencies to do everything within their powers to stop the increasing rate of criminality across the country, especially the increasing wave of kidnappings in Kaduna.” Hayab said.

Rev. Numan was kidnapped with his son Emmanuel at their residence in Kaduna state. Emmanuel was later released by the kidnappers who demanded N20m for the release of his father, but got into negotiations with the family afterwards.

See more; http://gistmore.com/kaduna-pastor-regains-freedom-15-days-after-abduction

1 Like

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by internationalman(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2019
Please how do I stop this laziness in reading the body of a passage.

I only read headlines..

Please who's read everything should tell me how much ransom was paid

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by rexchazy(m): 10:52pm On Sep 01, 2019
Useless country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by NwaAmaikpe: 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2019
shocked

He is a shame and apparently a fake.
If there is any decency in him, he should just resign from the pulpit and become a carpenter.

How can a true pastor be in the den of kidnappers for 15days and still have to pay ransom to earn his release?
Daniel served God in truth and was rescued from the den of lions.

But this one here could not wriggle away from scrawny, amateur impoverished bandits.

Can he still teach on faith and divine protection after this saga because christianity expects that we reflect the gospel and our lives are a living sermon.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by DrNueLpureHoney: 12:40am On Sep 02, 2019
What I don't understand is why the ransom that was paid is not disclosed ?

They should come out clean and let's know who be who in dx country.

This kidnap stories just dey tire me nij sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Tintinnoty(m): 10:48am On Sep 02, 2019
A nation in disarray

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:49am On Sep 02, 2019
Jesus, 15 days, insecurity is now ruling Nigeria. , these kidnapping issues need to be thoroughly deal with and I doubt if some of these yahoo boys who have heart to eat poo or ritual won't see kidnapped as easy job. Even Fulani who can't speak English, read or write do kidnapping, how much more the intelligence ones. I thought the worst things that could ever happened to Nigeria is obj selling Nigeria, then come goodluck Jonathan who scam and still feed people but when buhari came here, I know the fela will have to remix his suffering and smiling to suffering and crying and still denied freedom. Buhari kuku carry Nigeria up and back ham for ground to collapse patapata

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Nbote(m): 10:49am On Sep 02, 2019
Elisha has gone to d mountain and back while his fellow pastor claims it's all exaggerated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Paroh(f): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2019
Eyah. We thank God for him

See my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Deejaygold(m): 10:50am On Sep 02, 2019
God helping me to vacate this shithole country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by reveria: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2019
Fulani herdsmen at work again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Clean2016: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If there is any decency in him, he should just resign from the pulpit and become a carpenter.

How can a true pastor be in the den of kidnappers for 15days and still have to pay ransom to earn his release?

But this one here could not wriggle away from scrawny, amateur impoverished bandits.

Can he still teach on faith and divine protection after this saga because christianity expects that we reflect the gospel and our lives are a living sermon.

What about John the Baptist? Or will you tell us how the disciples died?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by hopefulLandlord: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Divine protection is a sham. even pastors know this which is why they use bodyguards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Houseofglam7(f): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2019
undecided
Nigeria is gradually becoming the shiithole it was described as undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by shogsman(m): 10:52am On Sep 02, 2019
internationalman:
Please how do I stop this laziness in reading the body of a passage.

I only read headlines..

Please who's ready everything should tell me how much ransom was paid

You’ll wait tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by shogsman(m): 10:53am On Sep 02, 2019
In a case of kidnapped in Nigeria don’t bother alerting the police,because one way or the other you’ll still pay the ransom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by francisisking: 10:53am On Sep 02, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

how much is the ransom compared to his life?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Wickedfacts: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2019
The offerings raised in churches in the South are used to pay ransom to kidnappers in the North.

When next you look at the North and say "it doesn't concern me" cos you're in the relatively safer South, spare a thought for those in the North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Ben404040: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2019
Praise the Lord somebody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 02, 2019
Not on the criminals alone, but the fierce wrath on GOD will fall upon all their suporters in government and all their sympathizers, in the name of Jesus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Jabioro: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2019
Tell us how much ransom you people paid..we knew that we all has been kidnapped by incompetency,it would enabling us prepared our my mind since the securities men are haplessly...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by ruggedtimi(m): 10:59am On Sep 02, 2019
Nigeria Police only act well in a v.i.p's kidnap case...For an ordinary nigerian they will tell you ''the boys are on it''

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Gifthove(f): 11:03am On Sep 02, 2019
reveria:
Fulani herdsmen at work again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by InaNla(f): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2019
Under Mohomodu Buhari, Kidnapper now OPENLY collect RANSOM?

What a terrible leadership from a former military ruler.

NEXT LEVEL INDEED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by nwamabo247(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2019
those kidnappers will never enjoy that ramson paid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by tsavkeghps(m): 11:43am On Sep 02, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Roushy(m): 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
How is this ransom paid. I am sure it can't be into a bank account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by Meteng: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2019
Police will soon come and say they rescued him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rev. Elisha Numan Regains Freedom 15 Days After Kidnap by NaijaDonCast(m): 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2019
After ransom has been duly collected

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Communal Dispute Brews As Itsekiri, Ijaw Tango Over Land In Delta / Incest! Man Keeps Daughter Captive For 24yrs / Force PRO, Olumuyiwa Adejobi: I Have Never Accepted Bribe In My Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.