Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:39 AM

2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" (28423 Views)

Supreme Court Sacks Senator Shekarau, Declares Rufai Hanga Senator-Elect / Rufai Hanga: Tinubu Completely Sidelined, Suffering Silently In APC / Rufai Hanga: President Buhari Afraid Of Coup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by shehuaz: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2019
bellachibaby:
A former member of the House of Representatives and Senator representing Kano Central, Rufai Hanga, has told the North to shelve the idea of remaining in power after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.

According to him, the power should return to the South and precisely, the Southwest because they will turn things around, adding that it is not because of their (Southwest) loyalty to the North, but because they have done it before and we have seen it.

The Kano-born politician also said that Igbo cannot produce next president by threats, adding that the South East and South South have little or no chance at all.

He said “To me, I wouldn’t want to say that power should remain in the North or rotate to the South, ” he told Sun.

“To me, if I were to be candid, I will rather say power should to go to the South because it is safer and more dignifying for Nigerian politicians.

“At the beginning of the present democratic dispensation, we promised zoning. The South had it, the North had it, the South should have it next.

“That one I am comfortable with. Whether it is suitable or not, that is a different question. For me, I will rather want it to go round.

“That is why I felt we should start from somewhere and begin to search for competence.

“We should give it a trial so that everything will not boil down to ethnic politics. Left for me, I will support the Southwest.

“But if I do that, people will begin to say it is selfishness because I am close to this man or that man. For me, based on competence, I will want someone from that zone to be the next man because I know they will turn things around.

“If given to them, I know they will turn things around. I am doing this for myself or anybody, but for Nigeria. If you want to change things in Nigeria, give it to them. With those I have in mind, I am sure they will turn things around. Nigeria will be better for it. I believe so. But if another person has it, so be it.

“It is not because of their loyalty to the North, it is because they are Nigerians. Two, they have done it and we have seen it.

“Tell me anywhere else in this country that is transformed to the best place in Africa other than Southwest. No other section of this country did it than the Southwest.

“We started together, and each region was ruling itself. Which region can boast of the best performer other than the Southwest?

“That is why I believe if you get a South westerner, he will do for Nigeria what they did for Southwest. I am not saying this because of their loyalty to the North, I am saying because of their competence.

“This man is competent, he can do it is different from this man is competent he has done it before.

“That I have heard from the section 15 to 20 years. And like I said, we just cannot do things in a particular way because someone has threatened this or that.

“If some applicants come to you for interview and one of them says, if you don’t employ me, your company will crash down, another person says to you, employ me, I will do what I did for the other company to grow and the third one says, try me, I will do my best and you will certainly be happy that you have tried me, who among the three would you employ?

“The most assuring is that applicant than that says, ‘I have done it, and I can do it again.’ That I will do it is different from I have done it before.

“The one threatening to scatter everything already had his fate sealed. One man cannot come and say it is either me or never. It is impossible. This is 21st Century; nobody can threaten anybody that rain will fall. Nothing will happen.

“With Southwest alliance with the Northwest, it is a sure banker the Southwest will get it. Whether they score 2/3 majority or not, they will still get it because when there is no clear winner, there will be a rerun.

“When there is a rerun, what they need to win is simple majority. And where is the majority coming from? Northwest and Southwest. Volume of votes from Kano alone is almost equivalent of votes for about seven or eight states from Southeast or South-south.

“The voting strength from Southwest alone is equivalent of the votes from eight states in the Southeast and South-south. With Southwest and Northwest, I don’t think there is anything that will stop them from getting the president.

“They will have total grip of the Northwest. If they form a strong alliance with the Northwest, I think they may make it. But how do you think they can make it with that alliance?

“Who and who from Southeast will penetrate the North to come and make such alliance? I think the Southwest came early to the Northwest even though they still have some areas they have not touched and which they need to touch. If the Southeast is smart enough to go and tap into these areas, I am sure they will make it.”

See more here https://thickmatch.com/2023-senator-hanga-reveals-region-produce-next-president-gives-reasons/
Mr. hanga you said your mind but it will not and never convince me. your statement is full of selfish and on the other hand is signalling us, how you start working for your boss tunibu. as far as I'm concerned, let us play a fair politics where a competent person will be voted to take the mantle of leadership weather a southerner or northerner. with people like you, the already existing pressure will keeps mounting leading to exist door of one Nigeria. I'm a northerner, I stand for justice, equity and integrity. I say no to parallel politics.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by farouk2much(m): 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2019
He was paid to say this....... By the way you will die miserably for saying this idiot........ Nigeria sai kwankwaso dan uwarka

1 Like

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by saintandsinnerz: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

This attitude to politics is what makes Igbos elect incompetent leaders to Govern them and run outside Igboland to enjoy good leadership.

Just for a minute imagine people like Ikpeazu or Ihedioha have been ruling Lagos, Rivers and other states. Where would you Igbos run to?

You need to be politically conscious and hold your leaders accountable, not claiming to be u bothered about your political future but start crying marginalisation later.
I don't know if you're Yoruba but I guess you're judging by the rubbish you just wrote. Please can you name one state from your region that's properly governed? What infrastructure that's in your state that's not in other states?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Cinkq: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Those that have been plucking the mangoes all by themselves for about 60 years to date still appear malnourished and hopeless. How come?
Whatever you think about those
who've had it,you also want it.
Don't you?
It's our habit to console ourselves with anything that suits us when we can't get what we want.
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Angelfrost(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
TheAlchemist:

Its a process, slow and steady we shall get to the promised land.

Sigh... We are slowly, and steadily moving backwards. Wake yourself up to the reality of this failed archaic quota system of electing leaders.

How many serious developed nations practice this kind of dumb democracy??!.. You young people need to speak the truth as it is.
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Dedetwo(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2019
bellachibaby:
A former member of the House of Representatives and Senator representing Kano Central, Rufai Hanga, has told the North to shelve the idea of remaining in power after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.

According to him, the power should return to the South and precisely, the Southwest because they will turn things around, adding that it is not because of their (Southwest) loyalty to the North, but because they have done it before and we have seen it.

The Kano-born politician also said that Igbo cannot produce next president by threats, adding that the South East and South South have little or no chance at all.

He said “To me, I wouldn’t want to say that power should remain in the North or rotate to the South, ” he told Sun.

“To me, if I were to be candid, I will rather say power should to go to the South because it is safer and more dignifying for Nigerian politicians.

“At the beginning of the present democratic dispensation, we promised zoning. The South had it, the North had it, the South should have it next.

“That one I am comfortable with. Whether it is suitable or not, that is a different question. For me, I will rather want it to go round.

“That is why I felt we should start from somewhere and begin to search for competence.

“We should give it a trial so that everything will not boil down to ethnic politics. Left for me, I will support the Southwest.

“But if I do that, people will begin to say it is selfishness because I am close to this man or that man. For me, based on competence, I will want someone from that zone to be the next man because I know they will turn things around.

“If given to them, I know they will turn things around. I am doing this for myself or anybody, but for Nigeria. If you want to change things in Nigeria, give it to them. With those I have in mind, I am sure they will turn things around. Nigeria will be better for it. I believe so. But if another person has it, so be it.

“It is not because of their loyalty to the North, it is because they are Nigerians. Two, they have done it and we have seen it.

“Tell me anywhere else in this country that is transformed to the best place in Africa other than Southwest. No other section of this country did it than the Southwest.

“We started together, and each region was ruling itself. Which region can boast of the best performer other than the Southwest?

“That is why I believe if you get a South westerner, he will do for Nigeria what they did for Southwest. I am not saying this because of their loyalty to the North, I am saying because of their competence.

“This man is competent, he can do it is different from this man is competent he has done it before.

“That I have heard from the section 15 to 20 years. And like I said, we just cannot do things in a particular way because someone has threatened this or that.

“If some applicants come to you for interview and one of them says, if you don’t employ me, your company will crash down, another person says to you, employ me, I will do what I did for the other company to grow and the third one says, try me, I will do my best and you will certainly be happy that you have tried me, who among the three would you employ?

“The most assuring is that applicant than that says, ‘I have done it, and I can do it again.’ That I will do it is different from I have done it before.

“The one threatening to scatter everything already had his fate sealed. One man cannot come and say it is either me or never. It is impossible. This is 21st Century; nobody can threaten anybody that rain will fall. Nothing will happen.

“With Southwest alliance with the Northwest, it is a sure banker the Southwest will get it. Whether they score 2/3 majority or not, they will still get it because when there is no clear winner, there will be a rerun.

“When there is a rerun, what they need to win is simple majority. And where is the majority coming from? Northwest and Southwest. Volume of votes from Kano alone is almost equivalent of votes for about seven or eight states from Southeast or South-south.

“The voting strength from Southwest alone is equivalent of the votes from eight states in the Southeast and South-south. With Southwest and Northwest, I don’t think there is anything that will stop them from getting the president.

“They will have total grip of the Northwest. If they form a strong alliance with the Northwest, I think they may make it. But how do you think they can make it with that alliance?

“Who and who from Southeast will penetrate the North to come and make such alliance? I think the Southwest came early to the Northwest even though they still have some areas they have not touched and which they need to touch. If the Southeast is smart enough to go and tap into these areas, I am sure they will make it.”

See more here https://thickmatch.com/2023-senator-hanga-reveals-region-produce-next-president-gives-reasons/

It is absolute idiocy to draw a conclusion without the facts on the table. There is a region which has not been tested in such an imaginary competence this fool is on about. The only reason this dumbass seemed to support southwest is simply because of the region's loyalty to the northern region.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Dedetwo(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
alizma:
When those who understand the game speak, those who know the game can do best for themselves by learning. This man understands the game, let me learn

I guess the only game he understands remains who is loyal to the north. Southwest is the weak link of the south. It is never a new find that southwest is house maid to the north.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
bellachibaby:

[b] That is why I believe if you get a South westerner, he will do for Nigeria what they did for Southwest. I am not saying this because of their loyalty to the North, I am saying because of their competence.

Who and who from Southeast will penetrate the North to come and make such alliance? I think the Southwest came early to the Northwest even though they still have some areas they have not touched and which they need to touch. If the Southeast is smart enough to go and tap into these areas, I am sure they will make it [/b]

Though the headline sounded inflammatory/contradictory, this guy made a whole.lot of sense with his arguments. By rights/zoning formula the Ibos are next, but they don't even believe in Nigeria.

Deep inside himself, the average Ibo man doesn't see himself as Nigerian, he harbours so much animosity (deeply buried) left over from the civil war. He despises the Yoruba man even more than he hates the Hausa/Fulani because he believes Biafra would have been actualised but for Yoruba 'betrayal'.And he sees the rest of the Nigerians as fools only fit to be ripped off via lopsided business deals because he is smarter than everyone else.

But what Hanga has expressed preference for up there is close to an ideal situation that is not actually possible. The only SW personalities with the smarts and policy experience to turn Nigeria around are Osinbajo & Raji Fashola. It's a toss-up whether either of them would actually succeed, given the chance, because both of them have also demonstrated deep flaws during their tenures in Abuja & Lagos till date. In a lawless society like Nigeria, you are only as good as whatever type of political machine you're working with. An honest man in the midst of thousands of thieves is also a thief.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by NaijaDonCast(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2019
Afonjas have always been loyal to their masters, afonja want to master his masters? Ok lets see
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Dedetwo(m): 12:58pm On Sep 02, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

The bolded elements are dropouts and political willy-willy.

I had rather be dropout in the political melodrama which is rooted in the shithole called Nigeria than to be a practitioner.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Corrosiveman(m): 1:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
Shithole
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by ChristianEast: 1:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
APC's ticket is in the South while PDP's is in the North.

We all saw how almighty Buhari had to resort to rigging to perpetuate himself in power.

Can a Tinubu defeat a bloodline of Usman Dan Fodio or a Kwankwanso?

Time shall tell.
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by alizma: 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
Dedetwo:

I guess the only game he understands remains who is loyal to the north. Southwest is the weak link of the south. It is never a new find that southwest is house maid to the north.
That my 9 looks like 6 to you doesn't change the fact that it is 9 to me.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by favour32(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
So,na turn of South but normal human being know say nor be South-West turn.
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by oyatz(m): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
Thanks bro for saying it loud.

I personally have a presidential ambition and I am convinced I can perform far better than Buhari, GEJ and all other past presidents.
I have great ideas that can move Nigeria forward but the electorates won't support someone like me.

Tomiwa69:
Stop recycling politicians who av Looted out Past to come and loot our future. We need minds Like Tony elumwlu and co.Give us ppl with Ambitions. Not Old men who Should be Thinking of how to make heaven if dey die.
If Nigeria wake up to this.We would Start going forward and not backwards. Look at Ghana.and the likes of dem who economy is booming at present.
#Stoprecyclingpoliticians.
#Apcandpdpmustberestructured
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Maziyk: 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2019
Tell this idiot we are out for total freedom,and for Biafra restoration not to be president of zoo republic
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2019
GavelSlam:

You are also part of those that make it a shithole.

Or do you want to exclude yourself?

we are all resposible for it. It doesnt remove the fact that Nigeria is a shithole and there is nothing on the horizon to suggest to any rational person that it won't continue to remain so irrespective of who becomes president.. north/south, hausa/christain.

If anything, the path we are on suggests an imminent disaster on the horizon is unavoidable with the crop of leaders and citizens that inhabit the country and yes that includes you and I.

The pysche of the average Nigerian does not a great country make.
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by PVC2019(f): 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
Printerscanner:
COURSE CODE & TITLE
--------------------------------------
POL 201: Politics of Alignments and Coalition in Contemporary Society .

Faculty Head: Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Department Head: Bisi Akande
Senior Lecturer: Prof. Yemi Osinbajo(SAN)
Lecturer 1: Tunde Raji Fashola
Lecturer 1: Rauf Aragbesola
Lecturer 1: Fayemi

Students: IPOB, Ohanaeze, MASSOB, IYC, PDP, APGA.

Can't you see that the POL 201 with Faculty Head: Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not working for the ordinary Nigerian?
Is region, alignment and Coalition the solution to Nigerian problems?
Do you know how many people that has lost their life's because of this politics of wickedness?
Why is it that it is the same citizens sufferings the wickedness of these politicians are the one's marking the beginning of their rule.?
Would anything happen if the people come together to say SUFFER DON TIRE US?
Even the educated youths that are sent to school to make the difference has also joined the region politics trend.
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by PDJT: 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
seguntijan:
As far as I am concerned, DEMOCRACY is a scam

-That quote is from a remoaner in UK. And there are a lot of flaws in what he said. He knows it but to him it’s all about scoring political points but he failed woefully on that one. As old as he is, is it today he realized the UK electorates doesn’t elect their PM or today that he found out that the UK is a monarchical Democracy?

-He lost in the referendum. He should deal with it.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by GavelSlam: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
isthatso:

we are all resposible for it. It doesnt remove the fact that Nigeria is a shithole and there is nothing on the horizon to suggest to any rational person that it won't continue to remain so irrespective of who becomes president.. north/south, hausa/christain.

If anything, the indicators point to imminent disaster on the horizon.

Well good for you.

Continue doing your shit.
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by GavelSlam: 1:54pm On Sep 02, 2019
PVC2019:

[s]Can't you see that the POL 201 with Faculty Head: Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not working for the ordinary Nigerian?
Is region, alignment and Coalition the solution to Nigerian problems?
Do you know how many people that has lost their life's because of this politics of wickedness?
Why is it that it is the same citizens sufferings the wickedness of these politicians are the one's marking the beginning of their rule.?
Would anything happen if the people come together to say SUFFER DON TIRE US?
Even the educated youths that are sent to school to make the difference has also joined the region politics tren[/s]d.

Shut up.

What is wrong with alignment and realignment?

What exactly is wrong with it?

Has Bola Tinubu ever gone to your region to deprive you of anything?

By the way who mentioned Tinubu?

Your rant is simply because you know you or your preference cannot achieve it so you must run down the favourite.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by wingmanII: 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2019
ismart:
When you want to boast of being fed, boast of one that gives nutrients to the body...

despite everything, are your own people not among those running out to Nigeria? why are they among if your alignment guaranty them secured and prosperous future?

Most of you are just stupidly selfcentered without considering the long term effect of your mindset towards general good.

Stupid from birth
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by ismart: 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2019
wingmanII:

Stupid from birth
like your mother and entire family.
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by PVC2019(f): 2:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
GavelSlam:

Shut up.

What is wrong with alignment and realignment?

What exactly is wrong with it?

Has Bola Tinubu ever gone to your region to deprive you of anything?

By the way who mentioned Tinubu?

Your rant is simply because you know you or your preference cannot achieve it so you must run down the favourite.

Exactly why you and the country will remain where you are today. Everything is wrong with alignment and realignment just for selfish interest and not for the purpose electing a competent hand to make things right.

Ain't you a Nigerian? Don't you aspire to be President? If you don't, then leave us to choose a competent hands to lead us. It must not be regionalized.. grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by wingmanII: 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2019
ismart:
like your mother and entire family.

Calm down. I was supporting your view. I agree with you that they were born stupid. Read again and apologize

1 Like

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by chudez0147(m): 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2019
Cinkq:

The mangoes are bad/unripe because u don't know how to pluck them from d tree. Consolation!
You that knows how to pluck them from the tree, weting you don gain??
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by chudez0147(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
Cinkq:

Just learn to pluck first before telling us if it's sweet or not.

What is the need of plucking the mangoes when you have nothing to show for it??

1 Like

Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by ismart: 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
wingmanII:

Calm down. I was supporting your view. I agree with you that they were born stupid. Read again and apologize
okay bro. so sorry. I apologize. No vex... just that these people are very inconsiderate because of the crump they are currently eating from my table and i hate such mentality, i hate selfishness, I hate selfcenterd people and so on.

No vex... abeg
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Inteltower: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2019
So SE should go & beg the North for alliance to be president. chai !!!! Igbo nation don suffer for

so being that the SW is economically advantaged which is a priority reason for their pace of development while the SE has be economically strangulated this ignorant man has mouth to talk trash
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by Inteltower: 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2019
oyatz:
Thanks bro for saying it loud.

I personally have a presidential ambition and I am convinced I can perform far better than Buhari, GEJ and all other past presidents.
I have great ideas that can move Nigeria forward but the electorates won't support someone like me.

can we work together also have a political ambition & with tabled ideas that can turn this country around
Re: 2023: Rufai Hanga "Southwest To Produce Next President" by ejimatic: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
bellachibaby:

. The likes iof Sowore Elumelu and so on can never ever be president of Nigeria.The country has been ruled by cabal since 1960..They decide who rules at a time.If you don't belong to them you can never rule in Nigeria...Additionally any president in Nigeria must be accepted by the north I do not see the acceptability of the new generation as the president. Even Good luck who was younger in age what did he do? On the other hand Nigerians will remain poor until we all plan our lives and mind our family size.A rich person has three children while poor people have eight with concubines around. They will die in poverty .A good Nigeria begins with all of us.It is a joint effort.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: Why PDP Governors Shunned Defection Of Agoola Ajayi / Professor Okey Ndibe Detained By DSS Before Travelling / Peter Obi & Datti Ahmed's Wives Hold Town Hall Meeting With Women In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.