Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,385 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" (8012 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Italian Arraigned For Defrauding Zenith Bank Of N717m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by kpozaa(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2010
Originally: Zenith Bank Is Stealing From Nigerians!

My Fellow country men, even with the credit crunch and extremely bad standard of living of an average Nigerian, A Big organisation like Zenith bank Plc still steals from us even from our savings Account which is suppose to have no hidden charges. They branded it  UP COUNTRY CHARGE shocked. You wont get any phone or email Alert for this charge and its not explained properly in your statement. This they do when someone pays into your account from another region of Nigeria e.g North to West or East to North.

Some Nigerian are aware of this and kept quiet lipsrsealed, the rich get refund and waiver while some have written Zenith bank and got their waiver. The rest are charged a minimum 200 Naira per transaction. This is Daylight Robbery. We must not keep quiet anymore. Check your statements, Contact your bank and request a refund and waiver if you were charged. Tell your friends, authorities and companies who bank with Zenith bank. Pass the info through Facebook, Twitter, Blackberry,email etc. I have seen this work when I was abroad. Information is key. We the Customers have  the power in this modern age.

Their latest act is now C.O.T on saving Account when you do online transfer in Branch from one Zenith savings Account to another. C.O.T on SAVINGS ACCOUNT? shocked This is wickedness. Naija ARISE AGAINST ZENITH BANK CORPORATE ROBBERY NOW!!! Inform others please.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by GoldCircle: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
@OP,
why don't you just simply change your bank to one that doesn't charge this so called 'up country' charge. I know for sure that there are banks (and savings accounts) where such charges are not made.
So, Be the change u want to see!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by 9icest: 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
Stop screaming. Go to GTB or FCMB.
Zenith has always been the elites bank and I wonder why a poor man would use them.
Zenith doesnt want you 10k or 20k. They want millions, billions, or zillions. You will be a good and well-respected customer if your on the oil and gas or stealing and looting industry.
GTB im sure has room for both the small and big. Try them.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by chosen04(f): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2010
And what is bad in paying just N200 for up country transfer?

Stop shouting and learn to pay for excellent services especially as rendered by ZENITH . . . . . .'in your best interest'
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Ife007(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
So you're one of Zenith Bank staffers, right?
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by chosen04(f): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
Ife007:

So you're one of Zenith Bank staffers, right?

It seems as if the dude has just been laid off and we wants to take his pound of flesh on ZENITH . . . . .'in your best interest' just back out . . . . . . . . . . .LOL
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by violent(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2010
chosen04:

And what is bad in paying just N200 for up country transfer?

Stop shouting and learn to pay for excellent services especially as rendered by ZENITH . . . . . .'in your best interest'

what kind of rubbish are you spewing?,

what in banking terms is an "up country transfer"?, and shouldn't the bank inform and seek consent of its customers before charging such ridiculous sums?

it's pure fraud!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by chosen04(f): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
violent:

what kind of rubbish are you spewing?,

what in banking terms is an "up country transfer"?, and shouldn't the bank inform and seek consent of its customers before charging such ridiculous sums?

it's pure fraud!

Do you Bank with ZENITH BANK at all? . . . . . . . .
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Ife007(m): 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Chosen04

I like your guts here. You Know what? I don't have any account with Zenith Bank. I would have been in a better Position to Vomiting comments here, If i had any account with them.

I was Just curious if you were sent here to started marketing and defending the Zenith Bank, Who Knows?.

However, If what the Poster was saying is True, Then Its wrong for a Bank to charged Its customers who had Savings Account because it was set-up as Free C.O.T expect Other Accounts such as Current Account and so on.

To be candid with you, I have lost Trust in Nigerian Banks completely and The only place i am saving my money at the moment is my Mama house.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by jeryl: 8:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
why are Nigerians easily cowered into believing that there are big banks and small banks. what makes Zenith a big bank when they have been begging me to come open an account even with zero balance. I finally opened the a/c and what i got was 0.1% debit for any credit i receive in my a/c.
I am so excited to see this post 'cos i have been thinking of how to bring this up on my own. i have written Zenith to reverse those charges and stop immediate further debit. Their response shows that they know that they are stealing from unsuspecting customers without recourse to them. They have apologized and promised to stop it. But the main issue is that many Nigerians are still being debited without realising it. This should even be reported to EFCC. They must STOP! I have a/c with GTB and they have never charged me one naira for a/c to a/c transfer.

WHY SHOULD YOU CHARGE SOMEONE FOR CREATING LIQUIDITY FOR U? And you call it upcountry charge? In this period of e-banking? online banking? I make your work easy by not asking you to pay me and then i queue up again to deposit it in an a/c, and you charge me for a/c to a/c transfer? I receive credit into my a/c with you and create liquidity for you and you charge me for that? It is most ridiculous and must be condemned!!!!!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Ibime(m): 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
All banks have some stupid charges, but I wish my bank would charge me just N200 for some of my transactions. Infact I'm switching to Zenith bank! Hehehehehe
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by violent(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
chosen04:

Do you Bank with ZENITH BANK at all? . . . . . . . .

nope. . .i bank with Barclays cheesy
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by ITbomb(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2010
Posts here describe the typical nigerian mentality which causes decay in the system. in some other thread, a guy saw an insect in a food he was eating at a fastfood outlet he complain about it but but was shout down by ANOTHER customer to stop disturbing everybody cos of just 300 food, if he is not comfortable he should find another fastfood outlet.
Here a bro is sayin the complainer should lick his wound and find another bank. in the 80s corruption started in a small scale but as people could not stand up against it others became bolder and today we have it full scale. if we can not stand against this small unethical practice , other banks will follow suit. running away from a problem is no way of solving it. let's stand for change
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by violent(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
ITbomb:

Posts here describe the typical nigerian mentality which causes decay in the system. in some other thread, a guy saw an insect in a food he was eating at a fastfood outlet he complain about it but but was shout down by ANOTHER customer to stop disturbing everybody cos of just 300 food, if he is not comfortable he should find another fastfood outlet.
Here a bro is sayin the complainer should lick his wound and find another bank. in the 80s corruption started in a small scale but as people could not stand up against it others became bolder and today we have it full scale. if we can not stand against this small unethical practice , other banks will follow suit. running away from a problem is no way of solving it. let's stand for change

mint!!!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by edoyad(m): 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2010
Posts here describe the typical nigerian mentality which causes decay in the system. in some other thread, a guy saw an insect in a food he was eating at a fastfood outlet he complain about it but but was shout down by ANOTHER customer to stop disturbing everybody cos of just 300 food, if he is not comfortable he should find another fastfood outlet.ᅡ Here a bro is sayin the complainer should lick his wound and find another bank. in the 80 s corruption started in a small scale but as people could not stand up against it others became bolder and today we have it full scale. if we can not stand against this small unethical practice , other banks will follow suit. running away from a problem is no way of solving it. let's stand for change

Like so we see am. If you criticise Cecilia some people will say is she the first ? Did she force any one to bank with Oceanic ?
We've got a real poor attitude and i hope the National Orientation Agency can help the young children growing up since all hope is lost for us.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by tpia5: 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
why don't you just simply change your bank to one that doesn't charge this so called 'up country' charge

true.

in some other thread, a guy saw an insect in a food he was eating at a fastfood outlet he complain about it but but was shout down by ANOTHER customer to stop disturbing everybody cos of just 300 food

hehehe

which thread is that.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Nimshi: 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2010
kpozaa:

1) are you sure these charges were not communicated to you before you opened the account?
2) are you sure these charges were not communicated to you sometime after you opened the account?
3) have you contacted your account officer at the bank?
4) have you sent an email to the manager of the branch where your account is located?

Look, nice of you to share, but you need to do more than just post on an Internet discussion board; walk the talk: don't just complain; follow this through, and let's know how it pans out.

I don't bank with Zenith; but they just made a bunch of good money for their shareholders, did excellent with their PAT. My bankers, GTBank, appear to have a better reputation; they're not perfect though. And neither is Zenith the devil's den.

Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by GoldCircle: 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2010
ITbomb:

So u have succeeded in highlighting a problem and analyzing it. What is the way forward??

I proffered a solution by telling the poster to switch to some other bank that will not charge him as ZIB does.

please advise us on how else 'we' (as fellow nairalanders) can change this man's position. Mr Change!!! Mr Ethics!!!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by violent(m): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2010
GoldCircle:

So u have succeeded in highlighting a problem and analyzing it. What is the way forward??

I proffered a solution by telling the poster to switch to some other bank that will not charge him as ZIB does.

please advise us on how else 'we' (as fellow nairalanders) can change this man's position. Mr Change!!! Mr Ethics!!!

You can start by reporting such fraudulent activities to an appropriate supervisory body. {http://www.cenbank.org/Contacts/Quickmail.asp}

simply saying "change your bank" wouldn't take the problem away
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by ITbomb(m): 8:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
^
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by MaiSuya(m): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
Ife007:

@Chosen04

To be candid with you, I have lost Trust in Nigerian Banks completely and The only place i am saving my money at the moment is my Mama house.

You dey talk this one openly for NL? Careful. . .you don't know who is who. . . grin
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by donclemo(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
The Problem with Nigeria is that there is no good legal System in Nigeria. In developed countries try that and see if you don't make your customers richer when they sue your a****ss.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by hackney(m): 9:40pm On Oct 27, 2010
I have always said it that in that country, there will come
a time when banks will steal whole accounts and deny customers.

I can clearly see it coming.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by udeze(m): 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
I think what we need inn that country is stronger banking regulations with full implementation, we need it now more than ever, Sanusi has done a great deal but we still need more from him, I can't imagine that corporate organisations like banks will be able to steal money from the public with impunity.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by mrjingles(m): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2010
Kini Big deal? we have 24 banks in Nigeria, if u dont like what zenith is doing the switch banks! I was banking with skye bank and their service was crap, I simply moved my account to another bank ( with the kobo kobo transactions). No need bleating like a Christmas goat.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by eazyman(m): 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2010
kpozaa:

Originally: Zenith Bank Is Stealing From Nigerians!

My Fellow country men, even with the credit crunch and extremely bad standard of living of an average Nigerian, A Big organisation like Zenith bank Plc still steals from us even from our savings Account which is suppose to have no hidden charges. They branded it  UP COUNTRY CHARGE shocked. You wont get any phone or email Alert for this charge and its not explained properly in your statement. This they do when someone pays into your account from another region of Nigeria e.g North to West or East to North.
Some Nigerian are aware of this and kept quiet lipsrsealed, the rich get refund and waiver while some have written Zenith bank and got their waiver. The rest are charged a minimum 200 Naira per transaction. This is Daylight Robbery. We must not keep quiet anymore. Check your statements, Contact your bank and request a refund and waiver if you were charged. Tell your friends, authorities and companies who bank with Zenith bank. Pass the info through Facebook, Twitter, Blackberry,email etc. I have seen this work when I was abroad. Information is key. We the Customers have  the power in this modern age.

Their latest act is now C.O.T on saving Account when you do online transfer in Branch from one Zenith savings Account to another. C.O.T on SAVINGS ACCOUNT? shocked This is wickedness. Naija ARISE AGAINST ZENITH BANK CORPORATE ROBBERY NOW!!! Inform others please.

@Poster;
I also operate an account with ZENITH Bank, to the best of my knowledge, i think you got the boldened part wrong eventhough i stand to be corrected.
What i know is that you are charged UPCOUNTRY TRANSFER when you withdraw money from your account at a ZENITH bank branch outside the state where you have your account domiciled.
Thats what was explained to me by the bank.
But i also observed that i was sometimes surcharged UPCOUNTRY TRANSFER even when i withdrew money from a diffrent branch but within the same state where i have my account, but i kept cool as it wasnt worth my time and energy to make a fuss out of it.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by Jomogbomo4: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
What i know is that you are charged UPCOUNTRY TRANSFER when you withdraw money from your account at a ZENITH bank branch outside the state where you have your account domiciled.

this sounds like a bigger fraud
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by flexshop(m): 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2010
mrjingles:

Kini Big deal? we have 24 banks in Nigeria, if u dont like what zenith is doing the switch banks! I was banking with skye bank and their service was crap, I simply moved my account to another bank ( with the kobo kobo transactions). No need bleating like a Christmas goat.

and leave zenith to continue cheating nigerians?
Ok,since nigeria has is bad due to bad leadership,why not travel to rwanda?
Some people think upside down.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by eazyman(m): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
Jomo-gbomo:

this sounds like a bigger fraud
^^^^^
Welcome to Nairaland! Hope you know the consequences of choosing that USERNAME?
TO BE FORE-WARNED IS TO BE FORE-ARMED!
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by udokpuenyi(m): 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
No matter the side we take on this issue, what Zenith bank is doing in very very unfair to its customers whose money the bank is still using to do business. Those who are shouting down the poster should be very careful cos what goes around comes around to, may be from a different direction
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by eazyman(m): 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2010
udokpuenyi:

No matter the side we take on this issue, what Zenith bank is doing in very very unfair to its customers whose money the bank is still using to do business. Those who are shouting down the poster should be very careful cos what goes around comes around to, may be from a different direction

Its a free world where there's freedom of speech, he made a good observation and he's entitled to that.
Re: Zenith Bank's "Up Country Charge" by dapachez: 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2010
I opend a zenith bank savings account in benin edo state in 2005 n moved to
lagos in 2008 n since then till i closed my account 4 months back two hundred naira was been deducted for any deposit made into my account even by me by those thieves,i inquired n was given a silly reason,i just took my money to Gtb.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Bank Offers The Most Reliable Visa Or Master Card? / Is CBN Hoarding The Lesser Bills In The Economy? / Egg Supply Business Is far more Lucrative than Banking Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.