Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Drug Trafficking Among Nigerians Will Not End Soon - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drug Trafficking Among Nigerians Will Not End Soon (193 Views)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Cambodia / Prophet Isaac Amata Arrested In Zambia For Drug Trafficking / 2 Nigerian Students Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drug Trafficking Among Nigerians Will Not End Soon by kelib: 10:17am On Sep 03, 2019
Good day everyone. Please pardon me because am not a writer. I had a discussion with a friend/neighbour who is a tourist to different part of African countries.
Recently I engaged him in a friendly discussion on the happenings of Nigerians in South Africa and other parts of Asia. From our discussion I was shock when he told me that what is going on in Africa will never stop because their people prefer to die young as a millionaire rather then be poor and old, he quoted the famous 50 cent line that says "get rich or die trying" meaning that in the eastern region money is paramount. Even their parents are not helping matters because they tend to compare their children irrespective of what they do for a living.
Personally I think these barons have given up on Nigeria and they have also swore to make their money by any means be it legally or illegally. I also had a discussion with a friend who was a follow Corp member in my place of primary assignment. My friend told me openly that that once he is done with his service year he will connect with his friend in Malaysia.
For the love I have for these country I think we should look for a way to end all these embarrassment, a drug lord or internet fraudsters is not seen by the foreigners as a citizen of a particular region but a citizen of Nigeria. The security operatives should make sure all hands are on deck to make sure these individuals do not move out of the country. They can do these by investigating the activities of citizens leaving the country before they do. Government should also sanitize the system. Our traditional rulers also have a big role to play because they are the closest to these people and also they end up giving unreasonable traditional titles to these people.
God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

My Views On The Current ‘xenophobic Attacks Going On Currently In South Africa / EFCC Recovers $690,400, N550m From Suspects In Kano / Nigerians Increasingly Known As Drug Peddlers And Vice Spreaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.