Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers (15941 Views)

LAWMA Destroys 400 Carts Of Cart Pushers / N30,000 Grants For Okada, Keke, Taxi Drivers, Cart Pushers, Others / LAWMA Clamps Down on Cart Pushers in Somolu, Bariga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by pocohantas(f): 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
Beverlyjean:
Y don't they work in conjunction with the cart pushers... Get a designated sight where they can dump refuse after collection...and the big trucks will load it from there

They did that for them years ago. Except they didn't adhere or the government just wants them totally off the streets.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Lexicon123: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
One funny thing is that I haven’t seen a LAWMA van around my area for more than 2 years now. If LAWMA refuses to perform it’s duties are we supposed to eat up the dirt?
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Reelmii: 6:17pm On Sep 03, 2019
post=81889498:

At the bolded above,
That is not right in any sane society.
And how long will the Government do all these carts seizing, this won't be the first time.
The best thing to do in this case is to infuse them into the environmental ministry or give them good orientation while providing a designated location in the areas they work for them to drop that refuse, where the PSP can come and pick it up on a daily basis.

God bless Lagos state.
God bless Nigeria
mallams will always be mallams, no matter the orientation
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by omonla10(m): 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
A cart pusher last month helped me dispose my washing machine. He even gave me 2k.. Lawma truck would have rejected it.
Question is, how do we dispose such items
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by DimIsaac10(m): 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2019
All does cart pushers voted for APC and collected 1k each.. Good for them
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Xisnin(m): 6:30pm On Sep 03, 2019
Factboyz1:
Because you make a living... Let the government provide jobs for these youths
Which youths?
It is not a must to live in Lagos.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Xisnin(m): 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
omonla10:
A cart pusher last month helped me dispose my washing machine. He even gave me 2k.. Lawma truck would have rejected it.
Where was it disposed?
You don't care.
But when flood takes over your street, you will start blaming the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by bonnyhope: 6:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nasiruonline:
These carts help the people and provide jobs for the pushers.

The problem I have with most Nigerian policies is that they're not aimed at helping the populace. Rather they're aimed at enriching the politicians.

Maybe one politician has a business initiative but is afraid that these cart pushers will outcompete him so he's hiding under the law to fulfil his personal gains.
The reason for seizure is genuine but there is a need to provide them new jobs

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by tsavkeghps(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ok
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by mimee9(f): 6:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
crime rate will increase
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by omonla10(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
Xisnin:

Where was it disposed?
You don't care.
But when flood takes over your street, you will start blaming the government.
he sells it off to the Iron and steel guys.. But generally, those guys dispose it at the larger refuse dump I suppose
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Btruth: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
Factboyz1:
Seize the carts and give them jobs... Clueless Government
Exactly. You could hire them to work as a picker at the dumping sites.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Ikpeazukerosene: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
moonbender:

There's nothing nice in this.

LAWMA are thieves. They only want to stop these cart pushers to enable them enforce their crazy bill on Lagosians.

Last month they pasted a bill on my gate reading #97,000 for the month of June to August. They didn't come to collect dirt since January and they brought a bill. They should be lynched because if you reside in Lagos, you would understand how all these useless agencies are milking the residents.

Go and download the waste management law of Lagos. Also try to download the guidelines given to PSPs. Thereafter, send a petition against the Franchisee to Lawma directly and copy the Governor.

You'll see how a single petition can reset the brains of those people.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
omonla10:

That is the question. Nothing is in place for this. I had the Same problem when disposing of a bathtub. What was even worse was that the psp operators were Completely indifferent and unhelpful. Not their business.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by penguinpikin: 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2019
YOU GUYS SHOULD GO TO DOYIN BUS STOP TOWARDS THE IGANMU SIDE. THERE ARE HEAPS OF DIRT THERE . THE GUYS THERE BURN DIFFERENT STUFF AT NIGHT THEN POLLUTING THE AIR
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by amaks: 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
These carts and cart pushers also help transport peoples goods to their homes in inaccessible areas, areas where vehicles and motorcycles can't enter. This action is only solving one problem while creating five more. There are smarter ways to solve the problem while maintaining jobs and customer convinience. And arrest any culprit both the trash owner contracting them and the pushers. They use these carts mainly for sale of water and transport of goods. All which are part of government responsibility to provide solutions to these problems for the paying public. Except I suspect the government has another motive in mind for this seizing actions. Discouraging and crippling the business of a targeted set of people who come majorly from a particular region. This isn't fair or proper. They are providing a legitimate service used by lot's of lagosians. Making life easier for everyone. Except the government is ready to provide the solutions to these problems, they should leave those guys alone. And this isn't the first time Lagos State Government is targeting businesses predominantly owned by people of other regions, ibos have felt and know this sort of attack by government better too. It is their business areas and locations that are always targeted first for "reconstruction" by government. And thereby displacing them, and introducing new scheme to take away the ownership from them. E.g some locations in oshodi, computer village in ikeja, car parts market of ladipo,.... some attempted moves by government didn't succeed. Southwest lagosians should get industrious too if they want to succeed. Lagos, as a former capital of Nigeria, is already a cosmopolitan city and economic hub, you can't change that, you can't stop other people from coming and thriving. New York won't be what it is today without people and work and businesses from all over the world.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2019
post=81889498:

At the bolded above,
That is not right in any sane society.
And how long will the Government do all these carts seizing, this won't be the first time.
The best thing to do in this case is to infuse them into the environmental ministry or give them good orientation while providing a designated location in the areas they work for them to drop that refuse, where the PSP can come and pick it up on a daily basis.

God bless Lagos state.
God bless Nigeria

My brother na Yoruba now to wicked you first is very important to them
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by jaxxy(m): 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mumu people, and who told them carts only park houseshold refuse and dustbin waste? Infact they hardly park refuse bt condemned household items.

Stupidity is gradually entering their heads after ambode left them in the cold and sanwolu gave them excessive freedom to misbehave and harass citizens.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Mustay(m): 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2019
Good observation.

Please don't push them from carts to drugs or other crimes. Our government officials sometimes don't plan alternatives when they make decisions. They forget that every action has a reaction. To the cart guy, he will see government as frustrating him without understanding what he has done or the impact. They ought to channel their energy towards another venture. We already have high level unemployment, these guys can be engaged in other productive ways.

Has the government asked why people are patronizing them? If there is no demand, they would not be doing this. This Lagos that some people want free PSP service but don't want to pay for it. The last government created a mess with waste management so I don't expect the problem to go away overnight. All the cart pusher sees is service he is providing, he does not think about the impact on the environment which is because the people themselves patronize them while the govt too has not blocked avenues for the cart guys dumping the waste anyhow. Treat these 2 and they will naturally find alternatives.

amaks:
These carts and cart pushers also help transport peoples goods to their homes in inaccessible areas, areas where vehicles and motorcycles can't enter. This action is only solving one problem while creating five more. There are smarter ways to solve the problem while maintaining jobs and customer convinience. And arrest any culprit both the trash owner contracting them and the pushers. They use these carts mainly for sale of water and transport of goods. All which are part of government responsibility to provide solutions to these problems for the paying public. Except I suspect the government has another motive in mind for this seizing actions. Discouraging and crippling the business of a targeted set of people who come majorly from a particular region. This isn't fair or proper. They are providing a legitimate service used by lot's of lagosians. Making life easier for everyone. Except the government is ready to provide the solutions to these problems, they should leave those guys alone. And this isn't the first time Lagos State Government is targeting businesses predominantly owned by people of other regions, ibos have felt and know this sort of attack by government better too. It is their business areas and locations that are always targeted first for "reconstruction" by government. And thereby displacing them, and introducing new scheme to take away the ownership from them. E.g some locations in oshodi, computer village in ikeja, car parts market of ladipo,.... some attempted moves by government didn't succeed. Southwest lagosians should get industrious too if they want to succeed. Lagos, as a former capital of Nigeria, is already a cosmopolitan city and economic hub, you can't change that, you can't stop other people from coming and thriving. New York won't be what it is today without people and work and businesses from all over the world.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by moonbender(m): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ikpeazukerosene:

Go and download the waste management law of Lagos. Also try to download the guidelines given to PSPs. Thereafter, send a petition against the Franchisee to Lawma directly and copy the Governor.

You'll see how a single petition can reset the brains of those people.

True
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Ezeudo7: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2019
here in ajah..The streets are dirty full of trash and crumps. Looks so bad them say Lawma comes to carry every 2 weeks. So why are they stopping this boys choice of livelihood if they cannot serve the masses themselves? Shame on them..
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Mustay(m): 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2019
Beverlyjean:
Y don't they work in conjunction with the cart pushers... Get a designated sight where they can dump refuse after collection...and the big trucks will load it from there

Very smart suggestion. That's what I would have thought too. A long time problem cannot be solved with force, it takes strategy and gradual phasing out. Budget for them to provide auxiliary services while ensuring that the citizens who engage them desist from this act. The refusal to see these guys as agents of change is sad but as someone said, it may be a politician who wants to clear road.
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by samak12(f): 8:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
very nice
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by actualization: 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ambode....did it ...he failed.....on my st....no.psp...in d last 2...yrs.....why not identify their End....spot.. .Bad....idea.........
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Godwin2am(m): 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2019
COLLECT THEIR CART FROM THEM AND EMPLOY THEM IN TO THIS WASTE BUSINESS OR TEACH THEM HOW TO DO THIS BUSINESS BETTER. THESE GO TO PLACES LAWMA WOULD NEVER STEP FOOT IN. RE-THINK LAWMA
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by naijadrivablog: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
Factboyz1:
Because you make a living... Let the government provide jobs for these youths

Prepping this moniker for posts abi?

But you are a blogger na, are you not making a living?
Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by Bbydom5v: 2:51am On Sep 04, 2019

MAKE COOL MONEY DAILY FROM DIGITAL INVESTMENTS STRAIGHT TO YOUR BANK OR AIRTIME!

Min: NGN2,000 - Max: NGN20,000

☆ Are you interested in making steady side income online?

☆ Are you Interested In finding something that really works?

☆ Do you have minimum of NGN2,000 to start this journey?

You can make up to DOUBLE (×2) of your investment in just one week paid directly into your bank account.

With these 4 easy steps:

REGISTER 》ADD FUNDS》INVEST》GET RETURNS.

You're good to go, you don't have to break a bank to enjoy residual income. Join us in making money . This platform is one of its kind. No extra work, you get to focus on your day to day activities while making money on the side.

Join Us Right Now:

Re: LAWMA Begins Seizure Of Carts From Cart Pushers by GEEBITE: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2019
Conveying goods across a major highway like Ikorodu road.I almost ran over one who stumbled on the road earlier this year.Why do we justify lawlessness like this,should your means of livelihood harm others?
bikerboy1:
Don't deprive people their means of livelihood.
Things are too hard in this country.

Not all them carry waste.

Some of them convey peoples goods from one location to another.

It will be wise to nab the ones caught in the act and not punishing innocent hustlers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu To Pacify Adamu, Governors With 2,000 Appointments / Fresh recapitalisation: Bank CEOs, others In merger, acquisition talks / Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.