Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,195 members, 7,815,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa (31389 Views)

Organ Harvest: I Thought I Was Being Scammed By Doctors - Ekweremadu Tells Court / I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / Osita Chidoka Reacts To Attack On Ekweremadu: Tells IPOB To Apologize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by CGMedia: 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2019
Senator Ike Ekweremadu has condemned the attack on Nigerians in South Africa, calling on the federal government to cut ties with the South African government, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had previously reported that properties worth millions of naira, belonging to Nigerians in South Africa, were set ablaze with many others looted by South Africans.

President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Comrade Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement that the mob “looted several shops owned by foreign nationals”, adding that “the police later dispersed the mob and made some arrest.”

Reacting in a statement sighted by Igbere on his Facebook page, the former Deputy Senate President described the attack as barbaric and an act of ingratitude on the part of South Africans.

He berated the South African government for not taking a decisive step to end the attacks, which he said has led to loss of lives and properties of fellow Africans, especially Nigerians.

He said the actions of the South Africans defies the African brotherhood, while recalling the support Nigeria rendered the country during the apartheid era and independence struggle.

He, therefore, called on the African Union (AU) to immediately sanction South Africa, while calling on the federal government to cut diplomatic ties with the country until the safety of Nigerians were guaranteed.

Full Statement,

“I find the incessant xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other African nationals in South Africa very un-African, barbaric, and unparalleled acts of ingratitude. It is quite disturbing that the Government of South Africa has not taken decisive steps to end these attacks, which have led to wanton loss of lives and properties of fellow Africans, especially Nigerians.

“The attacks defy and desecrate everything African brotherhood stands for, especially for a country that gained freedom with the support, sweat, and sacrifice of fellow African nations among which Nigeria clearly stands out. The attacks have reached scary and desperate degrees and call for desperate actions on the part of Nigeria, other African nations, and the African Union.

“It will therefore not be out of place for the Federal Government to suspend diplomatic relations with SA until full assurance of safety of Nigerians and their properties in South African are secured, adequate compensation paid for the damages, and the perpetrators also brought to book.

“The African Union mist eise up to the occasion now. The AU could be reduced to an empty shell if law abiding African nationals cannot find peace and safety in a fellow African nation like South African, but are instead savaged by people who should be their brother’s keeper.

“The AU should therefore summon an emergency session to sanction South Africa; and a suspend from the Union for unprovoked acts of hostilities against fellow Africans whose countries fought for the freedom they enjoy today will not be out of place.”

http://igberetvnews.com/960176/xenophobia-ekweremadu-asks-fg-to-suspend-diplomatic-ties-with-safrica/

75 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Sunofgod(m): 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
Strong statement.....unlike that trash from buhari.

224 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Nbote(m): 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
Dis is what any serious govt shld have called for...

229 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by DrNueLpureHoney: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
Forget what IPOB did to this man... He is in a way a sure odd via Betnaija level...

well, if yOu need Original Pure Honey

Call or whatsapp me on 08092 151959

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by AugustineSilva(m): 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
shocked

Get Together Party For All South Aftricans Living In Nigeria Holding Tomorrow....
Just Come, Transport Is Not a Problem, Heavy Refreshments Assured...

Wether No Be Kilishi And Suya With Barbecue we Go Use Ur Body Do :@

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Ojiofor: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
That is what any serious government suppose to do but Buhari is never serious with anything unless it have to do with protection of cows and Fulani herdsmen.

182 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by donstan18: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2019
The beaten he recieved in Germany has finally given him some common sense.

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by NnadyAutos: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
Senator Ekweremadu is talking strictly on violence that happened in another country, what has he said in the innocent lives and properties that are been wasted by Fulani herdsmen and boko Haram in Nigeria.What has he said in the extra judicial killings of the citizens by Nigerian armed forces.If someone like Ekweremadu and others can speak in similar manner by the evils happening in Nigeria, our country should have been better.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Auladimeji2: 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2019
Honestly, since morning I've been sad and angry but the northerners makes me sad more.The north doesn't show concern at all,if you think I'm lieing,go to PMB account on Facebook and see how those people are reactioning,typing that the southerners should call Kanu

I wish God can just grant me power to be Nigeria for today till next,honestly, I won't mind USA sanctioning Nigeria daily, Navy ships, Aircrafts and troops will be at South Africa by midnight

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by awgumayor: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2019
NnadyAutos:
Senator Ekweremadu is talking strictly on violence that happened in another country, what has he said in the innocent lives and properties that are been wasted by Fulani herdsmen and boko Haram in Nigeria.What has he said in the extra judicial killings of the citizens by Nigerian armed forces.If someone like Ekweremadu and others can speak in similar manner by the evils happening in Nigeria, our country should have been better."
"Because evil are happening in Nigeria" Nigerian leaders should abandon their citizens in South Africa. Sometimes some people reason from their anus.

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by ja2ken(m): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2019
Auladimeji2:
Honestly, since morning I've been sad and angry but the northerners makes me sad more.The north doesn't show concern at all,if you think I'm lieing,go to PMB account on Facebook and see how those people are reactioning,typing that the southerners should call Kanu

I wish God can just grant me power to be Nigeria for today till next,honestly, I won't mind USA sanctioning Nigeria daily, Navy ships, Aircrafts and troops will be at South Africa by midnight

Most northerners are retards..Quite unfortunate we share the same country...

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by StupidNLmods: 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
grin Be like say the beatings wey ipob give this man for Nuremberg reset him brain to factory mode. Nice one from him

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by SultanOfAbia: 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ewkeremadu if u get morale, Enter SA go roast Yam..

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
An attack on one Nigerian is an attack on all Nigerians. But as angry and disappointed as we may be, the best way to go about this is not through violence.
If we decide to melt the same injustice that they melted on our people on them then we are not different from them.
The pain is understandable especially since it's coming from a country every single African bled for when they were in chains and shackles but WE ARE NIGERIANS, we remain their big brother no matter what so let's take things easy and warn them one more time.
Stop looting shoprite, don't hurt people that works there, they are not South Africans.
Stop burning mtn offices, it won't change anything, it will only increase the percentage of unemployment in the country.
We should be wise
Signed
Kelvin Adewale

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by HillLuxury: 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
Should have been the best solution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by TheDestroyer: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
donstan18:

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by SoftP(m): 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
@OP, When next u post something as serious as this, don't put a smiling picture...

Kindly change it'

this is a serious Matter

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Abbeyme: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
What does that mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by naijadrivablog: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2019
By Now, The South African Ambassador In Nigeria Would Have Arrived South Africa

By Now, MTN Would Have Been Nationalized

By Now, DSTV Signal Would Have Been Jammed

By Now, Shoprite Would Have Been Sealed Off

By Now, Nigeria Ambassador In South Africa Would Have Been Recalled

By Now, 20-40 Cargo Planes ✈️ Would Have Been Sent To South Africa To Bring Nigerians Home

By Now, Two Nigeria Naval War Ship � Would Have Been Sent To South Africa �� By Now, Donald Trump Would Have Called Abacha To Beg For Peace

By Now, France & Germany Would Have Sent Delegations To Beg Abacha

By Now, Over 2,000 Xenophobia Attackers Would Have Been Arrested By South African Police, And Videos Shown To Make Abacha Calm Down....

Every Bad Man, Has A Time He’s Useful To His People.

I Wish This Happened When The People’s General Was Still Head Of State....Then, They Would Have Known The Worth Of Nigeria �� REST IN PEACE, General

But we have a General as President now, how far

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
NA SO!BUT OUR CORRUPT LEADERS NO GO GREE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by frankmoney(m): 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
Exactly cut off every ties with them ....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Officialgarri: 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
The fear of IPOB grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by callmeVIBRANT(m): 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
this news got me like...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Hausaman1: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
Sunofgod:
Strong statement.....unlike that trash from buhari.

What ?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by lilfreezy: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
This yam eater

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by reyscrub(m): 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
He sense got reset after ipob beaten

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by geeluck1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
Let the president finish picking his teeth first �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by Burgerlomo: 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
donstan18:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by SoftP(m): 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
naijadrivablog:
By Now, The South African Ambassador In Nigeria Would Have Arrived South Africa
By Now, MTN Would Have Been Nationalized
By Now, DSTV Signal Would Have Been Jammed
By Now, Shoprite Would Have Been Sealed Off
By Now, Nigeria Ambassador In South Africa Would Have Been Recalled
By Now, 20-40 Cargo Planes ✈️ Would Have Been Sent To South Africa To Bring Nigerians Home
By Now, Two Nigeria Naval War Ship � Would Have Been Sent To South Africa �� By Now, Donald Trump Would Have Called Abacha To Beg For Peace
By Now, France & Germany Would Have Sent Delegations To Beg Abacha
By Now, Over 2,000 Xenophobia Attackers Would Have Been Arrested By South African Police, And Videos Shown To Make Abacha Calm Down....
Every Bad Man, Has A Time He’s Useful To His People.
I Wish This Happened When The People’s General Was Still Head Of State....Then, They Would Have Known The Worth Of Nigeria �� REST IN PEACE, General
U call that lifeless man a general

But we have a General now, how far

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by obembet(f): 10:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nigerians!!!!!
If you are looting ShopRite shops - You are a thief!!!!! You ain't defending nobody.... That's stealing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa by emmykk(m): 10:28pm On Sep 03, 2019
DrNueLpureHoney:
Forget what IPOB did to this man... He is in a way a sure odd via Betnaija level...

The guy cerebral is very functional unlike the gworo chewing Buhari who is not fit for a village head master job let alone president of Nigeria.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty / NDA Attack: We Can’t Rule Out Insider Collaboration ― Lucky Irabor Declares / Lagos Appoints MC Oluomo Parks Management Committee Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.