Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises (42433 Views)

Jumia Food To Shutdown In Nigeria From December 2023 / Shoprite Ilorin Shut Down After Massive Crowd Stormed Their Store (Photos) / Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Litepp: 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:
It will be taken over in the night.

All this are just decoration.

The bushmeat and the hunter will be friends at night.

True talk. There was protest in Nyanya- Abuja this morning. Some folks carrying Placards chanting enough is enough. This whole shit may not end well. We are all angry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Situation001(m): 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
Agbatioma
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by samyyoung1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
Am really angry too, but once I can loot a 54' inch plasma TV, I will be okay.....
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Elinosweet143(f): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
This is a very wrong move by the so called angry guys, why fight ourselves? The business owners in shoprite are fellow Nigerians now, Nigerians are the people working in MTN centres and DSTV centres, why attack them? I really do not understand how we operate sha, we already have our own in-house war which nobody is saying anything about yet we are angry that some Nigerians were killed in south Africa so all Nigerians working in south African enterprises should die. Na wah oh

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2019
The blame is on both countries presidents as well as past precedents.

The present and past presidents of SA allowed this barbaric act to nurture and became an national annual ritual in SA without any punitive measures on all those lowlifes perpetuating these criminal acts in SA and it became a precedent while the Nigerian past and present government completely failed to address this issue with the SA government which also became a precedent which is why you can see the nonchalance and nonchalant attitude of the current president towards this issue
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Badonasty(m): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
Flashyoil1:
The Management of Shoprite Mall in Owerri, the Imo State capital, has shut the Mall to forestall possible attack by aggrieved Nigerians in repraisal to the killing of Nigerians in South Africa.

Armed Policemen have also cordoned off the premises to forestall possible breakdown of law and order.

Also heavily police were in the state capital were MTN, DSTV and GoTV offices, as well as other businesses with South African interests.

When out our Correspondent visited the Shoprite Mall, stern looking Policemen barricaded the entry gate and turned back all vehicles.

When contacted, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Orlando Ikeokwu, a Superintendent of Police, said that the Police took the deployed officers to businesses with South African interests to prevent breakdown of law and order in the state.

He said that the condoning off was the offshoot of the protest by Nigerians following the xenophobic attacks in South Africa.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/shoprite-shutdown-owerri-police-takeover-premises/

I swear Nigerians are too nice...

the funniest thing is that south Africans are blaming their president too...that he's not doing enough
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nmezor(f): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:

I missed Sanni Abacha
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:
Our Government can pay to secure their investment with armed security men, while South African governments can't even secure lives of Nigerians living there.

Smh!

unfortunately, as i have stated repeatedly, there is a disparity between nigerian and SA investments
Nigerians have little to no actual investments in SA, while SA companies have massive investments in Nigeria

if Nigerians also had multimillion dollar investments in SA, it would be a different story all around.

this is about money.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by deltateam: 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Lordjb: 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
Violence is never a solution but rather chaos. cheesy
#saynotoxenophobia
See my signature below for link to stream BBNaija live
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by lexylexy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:
What happened in Lagos yesterday is an indication of what’s to come, it has nothing to do with Xenophobia or South Africans but a glimpse of what the middle class should expect from poor Nigerians who are waiting for a reason & an excuse to strike.

These people have constantly strolled into the malls year over year, too poor to shop & no hopes of a better tomorrow, sees other people with chubby looking kids rolling shop carts & loading groceries into their cars. They want these things too.

Engage poor Nigerians ones. You will see that undertone of “In this tough country, these people are living large and buying cars, they are thieves”. The middle class is the closest to Nigeria’s lower class. They will be the first target. This thing is here already. Just recently, I noticed my estate introduced armed mobile police personal to join the current one. The need to have this things is a signal that we have a failed society already. These people will not be able to save us. You’d be surprised they’d join in.

We are sitting on a nuke. Poor Nigerians are angry and they are not that angry at their government. They are angry at you because:
1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.
5. You live in a fine house.

In this economy, how? If you lived through the riots of the mid 90s, you’d understand this is not new. The middle class is always at the receiving end. The people believe Nigerian can never be better, so they want those shiny things you have. At least that would give them some satisfactions.

If Nigeria ever gets a Revolution (which I pray we don’t get). It’s going to be the poor versus the seemingly rich. You don’t have to be rich to be a target. You just have to enjoy what others don’t enjoy. Scary times ahead.-
copied

Yeah. This post has said it all. When I go to the mall, I always use the smaller basket. So when I see these rich guys with the big trolley stacked to the brim with a lot of expensive stuff, loading the trunk of their SUV, I wonder how they do it. No be dis same naija we dey?

But you know what? I always console myself with the fact that all is vanity. The only thing I wish for, is to make Heaven. For what shall it profit a Man to make all the money here and don't make eternity.

So this is my prayer for you and for me. Just to make Heaven. Nothing else is important to me.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by tot(f): 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:
What happened in Lagos yesterday is an indication of what’s to come, it has nothing to do with Xenophobia or South Africans but a glimpse of what the middle class should expect from poor Nigerians who are waiting for a reason & an excuse to strike.

These people have constantly strolled into the malls year over year, too poor to shop & no hopes of a better tomorrow, sees other people with chubby looking kids rolling shop carts & loading groceries into their cars. They want these things too.

Engage poor Nigerians ones. You will see that undertone of “In this tough country, these people are living large and buying cars, they are thieves”. The middle class is the closest to Nigeria’s lower class. They will be the first target. This thing is here already. Just recently, I noticed my estate introduced armed mobile police personal to join the current one. The need to have this things is a signal that we have a failed society already. These people will not be able to save us. You’d be surprised they’d join in.

We are sitting on a nuke. Poor Nigerians are angry and they are not that angry at their government. They are angry at you because:
1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

In this economy, how? If you lived through the riots of the mid 90s, you’d understand this is not new. The middle class is always at the receiving end. The people believe Nigerian can never be better, so they want those shiny things you have. At least that would give them some satisfactions.

If Nigeria ever gets a Revolution (which I pray we don’t get). It’s going to be the poor versus the seemingly rich. You don’t have to be rich to be a target. You just have to enjoy what others don’t enjoy. Scary times ahead.-
copied

I read this elsewhere and it doesn't make sense. Why should the middle class bear the brunt of the anger of the poor? What nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Djauro: 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2019
What is happening?
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2019
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by guru90: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:
Our Government can pay to secure their investment with armed security men, while South African governments can't even secure lives of Nigerians living there.

Smh!

i swear with my blood, this country na zoo country.....................................
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by elonize(m): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lies oga,in every situation like dis,Der are not nut job wen dey use d opportunity to steal,I dey stay crisis zone bfor,I know dis tinz
PerfectMatchNG:

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Legendguru: 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Usanga35: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
sonnie10:

Ironically, your tax money is being used to pay for the security.
B4 NOW WAT HAVE U RECEIVED SO FAR FROM OUR TAX MONEY FROM OUR GOVERNMENT ....??
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by donogaga(m): 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:

Lol
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by engrchykae(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
people have been angry and any little thing will trigger it off.
failed leadership,failed institutions.
nothing but a new generation leader with progressive mindset and a new progressive constitution will help us.
if not apocalypse will soon be upon us.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Drekaz(m): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
freemanbubble:
We are set down here in Edo state

As we dey destroy na so we go dey loot and disarm things

We nor dey fuckkkk up for Edo state
Ogbe boys, upper boys, ekosodin boys and ekpoma boys dey the ground

I just dey imagine Shoprite for inside Benin at this point in time. Chai! Na wheelbarrows new Benin and ring road boys go use come raid.
Uniben students go carry shuttle bus come the party, lemme not even say what ekosodin niggas go do.
The shoprite no go ever recover for this life even after others recover.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by freemanbubble: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
Drekaz:

I just dey imagine Shoprite for inside Benin at this point in time. Chai! Na wheelbarrows new Benin and ring road boys go use come raid.
Uniben students go carry shuttle bus come the party, lemme not even say what ekosodin niggas go do.
The shoprite no go ever recover for this life even after others recover.

I dey tell you
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Ayofaks(f): 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
Denikayan:

I'm sorry if I sound insensitive but this is funny cheesy grin
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by awoo47: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied
so we shld all become poor?
plenty ppl work, i mean hardwork for yrs b4 dem see dere money

most poor ppl re either physically or mentally lazy

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Angelfrost(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
donstan18:

Smh!

Nigerians will lose far more if security is not beefed up here...

So, the government is actually protecting Nigerians' investment from criminal minded imbeciles who claim to be protesters.
Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by xcelentattitude(m): 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:

I began having problem with this comment right from the beginning. Have you ever stop to consider that the only reason why the poor are taking laws into their hands is because the lawmakers have refused to do their job. This same problem has continued to persist for years and the government of Nigeria has always been docile about it. Do you know some of this so called 'poor people' have family member(s) in South Africa that are currently being persecuted? Maybe what we need for this to end completely is for the poor people to kick start the revolution because sometimes it takes someone or some people to go out of their way and do some things in order for shits to stop.
Sometimes I wish Nigerians can team up together and not pay for DSTV/Gotv subscription just for a month and watch how xenophobia will die a natural death....well, I don't see it happening anyways because it's just a wishful thinking like I said.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Showbby28: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2019
You are very right. The lazy and poor people are the ones that will strike first. God save us the middle class people when the revolution starts
PerfectMatchNG:

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by cbeepz: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2019
grin
PerfectMatchNG:

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Smilgler(m): 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2019
[true talk, nothing but the fact. Millions of graduates on the street without jobs, SARS harassing people anyhow on the street, only God will help us all quote author=PerfectMatchNG post=81917505]What happened in Lagos yesterday is an indication of what’s to come, it has nothing to do with Xenophobia or South Africans but a glimpse of what the middle class should expect from poor Nigerians who are waiting for a reason & an excuse to strike.

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Rhymza: 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
Flashyoil1:
The Management of Shoprite Mall in Owerri, the Imo State capital, has shut the Mall to forestall possible attack by aggrieved Nigerians in repraisal to the killing of Nigerians in South Africa.

Armed Policemen have also cordoned off the premises to forestall possible breakdown of law and order.

Also heavily police were in the state capital were MTN, DSTV and GoTV offices, as well as other businesses with South African interests.

When out our Correspondent visited the Shoprite Mall, stern looking Policemen barricaded the entry gate and turned back all vehicles.

When contacted, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Orlando Ikeokwu, a Superintendent of Police, said that the Police took the deployed officers to businesses with South African interests to prevent breakdown of law and order in the state.

He said that the condoning off was the offshoot of the protest by Nigerians following the xenophobic attacks in South Africa.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/shoprite-shutdown-owerri-police-takeover-premises/

Sincere and Genuine Way “Partner with a Nigeria News Update Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1500 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”. Call or Whatssapp me +2348050817910 PLEASE CHECK OUT https://loadedpenvibes.com/affiliate/emmyrhymez DON'T ALWAYS GO FOR FREE THINGS.

Re: Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises by Themato: 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
PerfectMatchNG:

1. You drive a nice car
2. You travel for summer
3. You shop at Shoprite
4. Your kids, chubby.

copied

This post was copied from Twitter at least you should make reference to this..... Well said tho

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. / Dangote Tomato Processing Company Suspends Production / FG Mulls Redenomination Option To Stabilise Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.