Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) (20967 Views)

Strike’ll Add To Hardship, N494,000 Minimum Wage Unrealistic, Says LP / ₦500,000 Minimum Wage: The Labour Union Are Unrealistic With Their Proposal / FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Guilavogui(m): 2:07am On Sep 05, 2019
So commendable... His personality is so adoring...we pray the evil vultures of the lands don't get him...his ability to settle the olubadan rift amidst obaship tussle and upward review of education allocation closer to UNESCO standards shows his readiness to govern. MAY HE SUCCEED

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Globalistic(f): 2:18am On Sep 05, 2019
Guys, this Makinde of a man is the best Governor for now.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 05, 2019
Classic from Seyi Makinde

We open verified WeChat and Alipay Wallet
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by UncleJudax(m): 5:55am On Sep 05, 2019
dheilaw1:
Seyi Makinde might make me want to consider PDP in d 2023 general elections.. This man is really making me want to think there is still hope in this country
May be too early but the signs are positive

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by SpaceTour: 6:10am On Sep 05, 2019
They just quote bogus budget without money anywhere to fund it, but clowns like deomelo will be jumping around that they have bigger budget than the whole of SE put together.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by BrokenCock: 7:05am On Sep 05, 2019
im still waiting from ONLY one good news from this scam APC govt ooooh. na so so zombies full everywhere.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Reference(m): 7:09am On Sep 05, 2019
philip0906:

He's the best thing to happen to Nigerian politics in recent times. He's learned, articulate and definitely not your normal Nigerian politician.

I follow him on LinkedIn and you can tell, he knows what governance is.

If you're from Oyo state, you're lucky to have this man as a governor.

I think it is more about the courage to change the status quo. You can imagine if it was the former governors puppet that won or some goddam son of a godfather... Makinde knows he has shallow political roots so he must perform or get blown away next time.

This should be an eye opener to other states that have remained one party fiefdoms or are under the spell of feudal godfathers.... you just don't know what you are missing...

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by MartinsD12(m): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:
I think am beginning to like this seyi makinde of a man..

Very realistic

Some like umahi will present and sign a humongous budget of about 190 something billion and illiterates will be shouting highest budget in east but in essence worthless and useless and at the end nothing to show.

A leader should be realistic with people and situation on ground.

Kudos makinde.
Umahi is a noise maker, Oyo people got it right this time around, makinde is a genius

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by anonimi: 7:26am On Sep 05, 2019
Reference:
I think it is more about the courage to change the status quo. You can imagine if it was the former governors puppet that won or some goddam son of a godfather... Makinde knows he has shallow political roots so he must perform or get blown away next time.

This should be an eye opener to other states that have remained one party fiefdoms or are under the spell of feudal godfathers.... you just don't know what you are missing...

You nailed it with the bold portion.
Fashola was seriously lacking in that despite the high hopes some had in him, especially in the run-up to his second term in 2010/2011.
Let us hope, keep up our own work of pressure and scrutiny for Makinde to not fall our hands.
In the final analysis, governance is about the people.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Reference(m): 7:35am On Sep 05, 2019
UncleJudax:

May be too early but the signs are positive

This tone sounds a tad apprehensive, sounds fearful... in quiet hope. The fact is. Why are people so scared of government. Why do I feel Nigerians just roll the dice and hope the politician elected lands on a six.

Democracy doesn't work like that. It is not a game of wait and see. The performance of any elected official is directly proportional to the input of the citizens of that locality. They are public servants and have to be directed. They are political horses to be ridden. You cannot direct a horse hoping it will take you to whre you need to go.

If Makinde is not directed he is unlikely to succeed in delivering the expectations of the people. Politicians are voted in and out based on their willingness or not to be ridden by the people not as assumed by their works.

Theresa May lost out because she could not deliver Brexit in the manner people wanted. She could not bring herself to cook the meals they wanted. She was not the brain behind Brexit just the operator.

Now what are the performance criteria the people of Oyo have set before Makinde by which they will decide if he should continue betond 2023 or be kicked out.

This is why I rarely praise governments, because the best they can do is what I ordered for in the first place. You simply donot praise your employees for doing the jobs you pay them for.

Our expectations in this country are far too low and this is borne out of lack of knowledge of what democracy means, how it works for people and what magnitide of power the citizens wield in any political setup

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Reference(m): 8:02am On Sep 05, 2019
anonimi:

You nailed it with the bold portion.
Fashola was seriously lacking in that despite the high hopes some had in him, especially in the run-up to his second term in 2010/2011.
Let us hope, keep up our own work of pressure and scrutiny for Makinde to not fall our hands.
In the final analysis, governance is about the people.

That is the way it works. Pressure doesn't mean you hate him or oppose him but democracy works well in a power flux where the operators were in constant tension and pressure. This is something the person of, the handlers and fanatics of Mr. President and others donot understand and thus the paltry return on electoral capital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by skukimania(f): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2019
dheilaw1:
Seyi Makinde might make me want to consider PDP in d 2023 general elections.. This man is really making me want to think there is still hope in this country

Support the candidate not the party.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by UncleJudax(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2019
Reference:

This tone sounds a tad apprehensive, sounds fearful... in quiet hope. The fact is. Why are people so scared of government. Why do I feel Nigerians just roll the dice and hope the politician elected lands on a six.

Democracy doesn't work like that. It is not a game of wait and see. The performance of any elected official is directly proportional to the input of the citizens of that locality. They are public servants and have to be directed. They are political horses to be ridden. You cannot direct a horse hoping it will take you to whre you need to go.

If Makinde is not directed he is unlikely to succeed in delivering the expectations of the people. Politicians are voted in and out based on their willingness or not to be ridden by the people not as assumed by their works.

Theresa May lost out because she could not deliver Brexit in the manner people wanted. She could not bring herself to cook the meals they wanted. She was not the brain behind Brexit just the operator.

Now what are the performance criteria the people of Oyo have set before Makinde by which they will decide if he should continue betond 2023 or be kicked out.

This is why I rarely praise governments, because the best they can do is what I ordered for in the first place. You simply donot praise your employees for doing the jobs you pay them for.

Our expectations in this country are far too low and this is borne out of lack of knowledge of what democracy means, how it works for people and what magnitide of power the citizens wield in any political setup
If you knew me, you would know what i stand for. All that you have written , I have said months/years back. Democracy requires a an above average intelligence from the masses. The level of awareness and social responsibility in Nigeria is below par. In Nigeria today, nobody protests, almost nobody challeges the government. Civil socity is dead.

Imagine after the elections few months back, the people are preoccupeid with who wins come 2023, nobody borders about performance.

With respect to my comment, i was only trying not go hard on the people jubilating that a governor slashed budget ! grin
Believe me, i would be last person to heap praises on a government. I live in the west, and what happens in Nigeria is an eyesore as to what leadership entails. But again, the people deserve the government they get. afterall the leaders come from within.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Realhommie(m): 9:17am On Sep 05, 2019
dheilaw1:
It shouldn't be about parties bro but the capabilities of the individuals.. Until we learn to seperate individuals from their parties we may never get it right. The PDP is no different from the APC, they're all the same but you'll agree with me that in these parties and others there are politicians making a difference in their various capacities like Obaseki in Edo, this very Makinde and a few others.

So considering the party is a wrong move, consider the qualities of the individuals instead.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2019
Kudos. This is what Nigeria needs. Good leadership across and beyond Party line/affinity. To note that the budget for education was increased is also a welcomed development. Oga Governor, keep working for the people and your re-election is certain.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by anonimi: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2019
Reference:
That is the way it works. Pressure doesn't mean you hate him or oppose him but democracy works well in a power flux where the operators were in constant tension and pressure. This is something the person of, the handlers and fanatics of Mr. President and others donot understand and thus the paltry return on electoral capital.

You are truly a reference of wisdom.
Thank you sir. wink

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Compatriot60: 9:45am On Sep 05, 2019
THIS IS THE BEST TIME FOR A REVOLUTION IN NIGERIA.
Arise O Compatriot's, Arise to the Call of REVOLUTION.
There is no need to fear again, Power must change hands. Spread this Message.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by follock007(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2019
in fact every state should copy this format asap... every other money induced will be accounted for as supplementary carryovers and inherited leftovers of the past and current government to sustain the masses. i hope the heads of states are working with the various independent or staffed financial intelligence agencies to get these figures right... we don't want another time wasting cleaner like Buhari and Magu to recur this few months... December is near
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by seyijobi(m): 10:22am On Sep 05, 2019
helinues:
Young and able.

GSM is working more than Thuraya in OYO

GSM is limited in coverage, Thuraya works everywhere you go.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Kakamorufu(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2019
way to go governor
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by olarent: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
I begun to think what is the problem of this great nation,I found out that its individual mindset and greed that dragged us backward. Way forward first solution electricity fixed 80℅ if the problem solve
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by otokx(m): 1:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
It appears the governor of the year 2019 may come from the West.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by blesoh(f): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Ayade should come with a lesson note to take lesson on budget. His budget of bla bla bla crystallisation of 1trilion naira comes to mind
The digital governor with radio projects cheesy We don suffer
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by rhazhaqh: 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
If you have a biased mind, then you cannnot welcome the breath of fresh air that Seyi Makinde brings. This man is doing what Nigerian politicians couldn’t do in the 59 years of nationhood.

Let's take this one after the other:
First, with our contorted form of Democracy, many Governors think they don't owe the people they were elected to serve anything. If a Governor doesn't pay salaries in 4 years, nothing will happen to him and he can be re-elected thereafter; become a Minister, or advance to the Senate. Seyi not only pays salaries and pensioners, he does it dutifully days to end of every month.

Second, he declared his assets and states openly he is worth N48B. He doesn't owe us a public show of asset declaration because he is not expected to declare his assets publicly by Law. Yet he did.

Then, he told the world what he earns as salary. No public officer in Nigeria has publicly declared that his monthly salary is N650K and that it was too small an amount to encourage civil servants to steal and that based on this he would initiate a review to stem the rate at which public servants steal public funds.

Then, he appointed a young man he met on social media as commissioner and this offended party elders who protested.

Then, he proscribed the NURTW. He didn't see thugs as consequential for his leadership.

Then, he allocated 10% of the state budget to Education in line with the United Nations standard.

Then, he abolished fees in primary and secondary schools and provided exercise books to all students.

He created a deal for 50K Farmers through FarmCrowdy.

Today, he is working with BudgIT to make the state finance open for scrutiny. He has surrounded himself with the best minds that Oyo State can produce. I don't know of anyone who has done this much in a little less than 100 days in Nigeria, but I've read someone say "he is unusual, but not phenomenal".

Abeg Atewo for Mr Gomino

He sacrificed his salary for 4 years to fund Oyo state pensions which has not been paid since 2011, he could choose to receive them if he wants to.

He increase education budget by 10%

He even promise to give updates on his progress report quarterly #Transparency

Reason why he declared his arrest was to be held accountable

He said, he rejected an execution of painting a govt building because what's the essence of painting a building when the facilities inside had been dilapidated.

*He was prepared for the govt, it was not rule by accident"
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Babsreus(m): 11:30am On Sep 07, 2019
krypto100:
Classic from Seyi Makinde
We open verified WeChat and Alipay Wallet
please can you help me verify my wechat account?
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by urahara(m): 7:44am On Dec 27, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:

Then, he allocated 10% of the state budget to Education in line with the United Nations standard.

It's 15 to 20 percent that is the standard not 10 percent.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Stan2330(m): 7:57am On Dec 27, 2019
This governor does not have PH.D but his performance now is so superb...I hope he keeps up with it so Nigerians can project him for presidency...

There is one gov with PH.D written on every billboard in the state. With his level of education he doesn't know that open dumping endangers the lives of it citizen.... He is even counting payment of salary as an achievement... What a pity for a PH.D holder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by NGpatriot: 8:15am On Dec 27, 2019
N103 billion? lol

I see this deceptive and propaganda governor sending supplemental request to the state assembly for more money down the line.

The wage bill alone is N5.2 billion x 12 = N62.4/year

N103 - N62.4 = N40 billion

What can N40 billion do?

Out of that N40 billion, they still have to pay vendors, pay utilities, pay subventions, service debts and so on.

So, what's left to fund and maintain infrastructures?

Oyo state is a huge pot of rich people and middle class with disposable income and a vibrant informal sector to be following around with that kind of chump change. Obviously, they are slacking with IGR and tax collection.

This man is just too inept and very lazy.
Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2019
Following this fine governor keenly and I believe this man is the type of leader we need in Nigeria.
He would definitely make a good president given the opportunity but it's rather unfortunate that some folks prefer imbeciles and drug barons to continue to destroy this country.
This man is 100 times ahead of the even the lame duck that we have as VP in Aso Rock.
God bless Oyo state!
God bless Makinde!

Re: Seyi Makinde Slashes Oyo’s ‘Unrealistic’ N285bn Budget, Signs N103bn (Pics) by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 25, 2020
Babsreus:

please can you help me verify my wechat account?

I can.....contact my via WhatsApp in my signature

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja, Picket Power Ministry / Court Orders IGP To Prosecute Babatunde Gbadamosi For Forgery, Perjury / Fayemi’s Deputy Reveals How Fayose’s Last-minute Plan Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.