Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down (26279 Views)

Noise Pollution: Lagos Shuts Quilox Club / Xenophobia: South Africa President, Cyril Ramaphosa Reacts To Xenophobic Attack / Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by krokronyash(f): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2019
virginboy1:
*Some people don't even know what is happening and they are busy destroying shoprite, I asked one tout.... Oga what is happening.. The guy said they killed Xenophobia an igbo guy in South Africa... grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

"Nothing wey Musa no go see for gate"
ROTFL
grin grin
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 05, 2019
Gistpeeps:
The South African embassy in Lagos

South Africa does not have an embassy, It has a high commission.

Commonwealth countries dont have Embassies/Ambassadors with each other they have High commissions and high commissioners
it is only when dealing with a non commonwealth country that you have Ambassadors/Embassies

e.g

Germany, Uk, Italy, Spain = Ambassadors/Embassies

Ghana, India, Canada, UK, SA = High commissions/high commissioners
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by udemzyudex(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2019
virginboy1:
*Some people don't even know what is happening and they are busy destroying shoprite, I asked one tout.... Oga what is happening.. The guy said they killed Xenophobia an igbo guy in South Africa... grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Stale.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Bizibi(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2019
olaric:
You are lucky sir; you are very lucky because we have a president who takes weeks to react to situations or seemingly doesn't care that much for his people. Imagine if the man at the head of our affairs as a nation was Sanni Abacha...
abacha,obj......they nor dey waste time at all. Em go dash you take.
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Sanchez01: 10:15am On Sep 05, 2019
Ohammadike:
Good

Next thing is to recall our high commissioner kickout their own, cut off any diplomatic relationship and start nationalizing all SA assets since we are obviously not friends.

They are repariating billions of dollars to South Africa economy instead of investing it here.

The emboldened has been done already.
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by SlayWise(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2019
virginboy1:

Lol
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Jabioro: 10:19am On Sep 05, 2019
virginboy1:

The gate was widely opened..laff no kill me, xenophobia was killed in South Africa..Na so!!!
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by LewinskyMon: 10:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Denikayan:
Good one!

Commission should be converted to a Bet Naija office.

cool
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by chozzy: 10:39am On Sep 05, 2019
Good
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by uuzba(m): 10:42am On Sep 05, 2019
blindjustice13:
Zambians are the real OGs.! If the entire African countries whose citizens have been affected decide to cut diplomatic ties with south africa ,then the white south Africans will just use those black south African savages to shine wella,since subtle apartheid is still going on till date
I pray that you one day experience equal standing with white people.
That day, you will realise there is nothing different between black (yourself) and white people.
Everybody has the freedom to think how they want to think. Nobody forces you to think like others.
A teacher may teach you A to Z. But a point comes when you must decide if that A - Z really is correct or not.
A point when you must reason things out for yourself.
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by blindjustice13(m): 10:50am On Sep 05, 2019
uuzba:

I pray that you one day experience equal standing with white people.
That day, you will realise there is nothing different between black (yourself) and white people.
Everybody has the freedom to think how they want to think. Nobody forces you to think like others.
A teacher may teach you A to Z. But a point comes when you must decide if that A - Z really is correct or not.
A point when you must reason things out for yourself.
i think you should tell this to black south Africans who feel the little crumbs they are getting from the white mans table is being shared with black foreigners ,hence the reason they are killing black foreigners, this black south africans till date are forbidden from worshipping in certain white churches ,yet they choose to attack black foreigners.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by jimcaddy(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2019
South Africa will only lose out in this fight against several other African countries. They will suffer for it oh.. They need to come to a round table and discuss. Jaw jaw is better than war war...
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by ThatFairGuy: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2019
You've said it all. Very annoying....
JubrinElSudan:
Tale of two diplomats

Yesterday, Onyema our foreign affairs Minister said that no Nigerian was killed in South Africa, that the report of killings is false but look at the SA high commissioner accusing us of singling out South Africans from vehicles to beat them. How many SAns are in Nigeria?
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by wink2015(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2019
Gistpeeps:
The South African embassy in Lagos has been forced to temporarily shut its doors. It joins local businesses in Nigeria, MTN and Shoprite, which have come under attack.

The acting High Commissioner, Amb. Bobby Moroe explained that the reported attacks on South Africans in parts of the country informed the decision to close down the Mission.

He stated, “I directed that the Mission should be closed until the situation improves. We heard that South Africans were being pulled out of vehicles and attacked. We feel unsafe and that is why I directed that the mission should close down until further notice.”

Recall that hundreds of Zambian students dressed mostly in black and chanting 'No Violence', protested and burnt down the signpost of South African Embassy in Lusaka in response to ongoing xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other African migrants in South Africa.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-xenophobia-south-africa-high-commission-shuts-down-offices/amp/#click=https:///hKtzc1DI1yl

In the Mosaic Law voice "AN EYE FOR AN EYE"
TIT FOR TAT

SOUTHY PEOPLE THINK SAY NA ONLY THEM SABI "OTOLOPIA"

Naija People and other African still sabi "OTOLOPIA"

Yes ! we know how to carry Machete to kill just like them.

NELSON MANDELA MUST BE WEEPING INSIDE HIS GRAVE FOR THE SOUTH AFRICAN HE SUFFERED FOR !
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by uuzba(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2019
blindjustice13:
i think you should tell this to black south Africans who feel the little crumbs they are getting from the white mans table is being shared with black foreigners ,hence the reason they are killing black foreigners, this black south africans till date are forbidden from worshipping in certain white churches ,yet they choose to attack black foreigners.
Why do you call them savages?
It's not fair. Everyone is the same. Cultural influence may be disturbing them to be following themselves. But it's not all of them now!? People are individuals.
Madela suffered 27 years in prison. He reasoned things out, read book, read Bible, and saw that no need to fight again. Their land is forcefully occupied by whitemen, but they can't start killing the white men and pushing them into the sea.
If it's you what will you do?
Maybe you are Igbo or Yoruba, and whitemen have seized your whole village till date, living there and you can't claim your land again. Will you be thinking straight now?
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by blindjustice13(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2019
uuzba:

Why do you call them savages?
It's not fair. Everyone is the same. Cultural influence may be disturbing them to be following themselves. But it's not all of them now!? People are individuals.
Madela suffered 27 years in prison. He reasoned things out, read book, read Bible, and saw that no need to fight again. Their land is forcefully occupied by whitemen, but they can't start killing the white men and pushing them into the sea.
If it's you what will you do?
Maybe you are Igbo or Yoruba, and whitemen have seized your whole village till date, living there and you can't claim your land again. Will you be thinking straight now?
wait ,are they not savages? So white men siezed their lands and they decied to take their fustrations out on black foreigners ,it makes them cowards in addition to being savages .A people who up till now are forbidden from worshiping in white owned churches, are banned from buying houses or renting apartments in certian white dominated areas, etc but choose to set black foreigners ablaze saying that they are fighting for their lands ,lands from who exactly? White control a large percentage of their economy, yet black south Africans see black foreigners as their rivals. They have been killing black foreigners for years and without any apology i say it again, black south Africans are cowards and savages who would rather blame black African foreigners than face their apartheid masters

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by j1mmy: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2019
missjo:
Something should be done as quickly as possible. We can't have two of the strongest economies in Africa at each other's throats like this.
It's a disgrace in the eyes of the world.

South Africans were nice to Nigerians until IGBO criminals using the cover of barbing salon and restaurants started criminal activities there.
Most South Africans cannot tell the difference between an IGBO criminal and an average Nigeria or Zambians so they simply attack any black foreign entities!

You want to get to the root of the issue, look in the direction of the perpetrators, IGBO criminals!
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by olaric(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2019
Xisnin:

Stop hyping that psychopath Abacha.
He was only strong against innocent civilians.
If in doubt ask your elders.

You would be amazed to know that I am actually older than you think
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by uuzba(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2019
blindjustice13:
wait ,are they not savages? So white men siezed their lands and they decied to take their fustrations out on black foreigners ,it makes them cowards in addition to being savages .A people who up till now are forbidden from worshiping in white owned churches, are banned from buying houses or renting apartments in certian white dominated areas, etc but choose to set black foreigners ablaze saying that they are fighting for their lands ,lands from who exactly? White control a large percentage of their economy, yet black south Africans see black foreigners as their rivals. They have been killing black foreigners for years and without any apology i say it again, black south Africans are cowards and savages who would rather blame black African foreigners than face their apartheid masters
I don't like your bitterness. It is not good at all.
You dancing here because we have independence? Did you fight for the independence?
White people only left Nigeria because of heat and malaria.
Assuming the weather was cool like in South Africa, they wouldn't have gone.
And you too will be a "savage" abi? shouting and quarreling everyday.

In all your bitterness, remember, that Nigerians did not fight for independence. They just dashed us a left.

Black church, white church, Take your bible and read it and find the true church.
I attend the true church, here in Nigeria, and everywhere else. When I attended in UK (during my Masters), I just walked inside.
Black O, white O, everyone sat down shook hands and worship God together. I did that for 4 years. No issue.
Whenever I travel to another country, I will go to that same church and there shall be no discrimination. AS HAS ALWAYS been.
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by ChristianEast: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2019
virginboy1:

You are such a cheap liar
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Horus(m): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2019
Boycott South African products

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by blindjustice13(m): 11:49am On Sep 05, 2019
uuzba:

I don't like your bitterness. It is not good at all.
You dancing here because we have independence? Did you fight for the independence?
White people only left Nigeria because of heat and malaria.
Assuming the weather was cool like in South Africa, they wouldn't have gone.
And you too will be a "savage" abi? shouting and quarreling everyday.

In all your bitterness, remember, that Nigerians did not fight for independence. They just dashed us a left.

Black church, white church, Take your bible and read it and find the true church.
I attend the true church, here in Nigeria, and everywhere else. When I attended in UK (during my Masters), I just walked inside.
Black O, white O, everyone sat down shook hands and worship God together. I did that for 4 years. No issue.
Whenever I travel to another country, I will go to that same church and there shall be no discrimination. AS HAS ALWAYS been.
yes i am bitter, i hate south Africans ,they are nothing but slaves who have decided to pick on those who came to their aid during apartheid ,they are bunch of ingrates,i see those pictures online of these savages setting people ablaze with their policemen laughing in the back ground and i am angered. I am not the coward afraid to face the white man,neither am i the one setting foreigners ablaze, those savages are ,they have been at it for years, yes i have every right to be angry with south africans they don't deserve to be free, in fact they deserve everything they got during apartheid, and i wish all African countries will cut ties with south Africa so the whites will return them back to the days of apartheid cos that is where they belong and deserve ,miserable savages. If you want to preach ,go tell those babarians that call themselves south Africans they started this years ago, we gave them enough time to change, yet they continued ,i guess savages like them will never change.

Oya go to white owned church in south African na and see if you will not get thrown out ,lol

Mr preacher,you are preaching to the wrong crowd,go and tell those south African savages to stop killing black foreigners!.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Sureguytalk(m): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
grin grin grin is it not my countrymen.
virginboy1:

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2019
Break ur mtn sim card angry

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by deltateam: 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ohammadike:
Good

Next thing is to recall our high commissioner kickout their own, cut off any diplomatic relationship and start nationalizing all SA assets since we are obviously not friends.

They are repariating billions of dollars to South Africa economy instead of investing it here.

While FG's brain is still booting on what next to do. They should freeze all south African business bank accounts.
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by deltateam: 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
Compatriot60:
THIS IS THE BEST TIME FOR A REVOLUTION IN NIGERIA.
Arise O Compatriot's, Arise to the Call of REVOLUTION.
There is no need to fear again, Power must change hands. Spread this Message.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd34
Puskin

Kindly ban this mofo for breaking Rule 9.
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by akdjr(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
Let them shot it permanently and don't give visa to us again. We can make Nigeria great collectively and gradually.....Banana Island was not built in a day.
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Tomiwa69(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
j1mmy:

South Africans were nice to Nigerians until IGBO criminals using the cover of barbing salon and restaurants started criminal activities there.
Most South Africans cannot tell the difference between an IGBO criminal and an average Nigeria or Zambians so they simply attack any black foreign entities!

You want to get to the root of the issue, look in the direction of the perpetrators, IGBO criminals!
Are u Mad!!!!
Must u bring Tribalism to this
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Area4Area: 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2019
Denikayan:
Good one!

Commission should be converted to a Bet Naija office.

You no well aswear, Betnaija office of all places, serious upper cut. Fear God or you no go enter heaven o.
Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Area4Area: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2019
DrNueLpureHoney:
Better...but with all due respect... The man should tell himself the truth.

Where and when were South Africans pulled out from Vehicles and attacked in Nigeria?

It doesn't matter if he tells us, as for me I could wish it was truer than true so that when they go back, they can relate to fellow South Africans what living in fear means and being punished for nothing you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Dumte(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ok Na. Meanwhile, I will throw away my mtn sim and start using glo

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: South African Embassy In Lagos Shuts Down by Rosskiki: 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
missjo:
Something should be done as quickly as possible. We can't have two of the strongest economies in Africa at each other's throats like this.
It's a disgrace in the eyes of the world.

Dude, regional superpower rivalry is nothing new on this earth. The entire Europe went to war twice over it in the last century. In fact we have a lot more peaceful rivalry in Africa. This duel between Nigeria and SA will not escalate beyond this sporadic street violence, bad as it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety / 2023 Campaign: Atiku Appoints New Media Aides / APC, PDP React To Supreme Court’s Adjournment Of Imo Election Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.