Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! (4133 Views)

Somebody Help Urgently::::::::::::::::::::: / Help I'm Confused / Somebody Help Me On How To Stop My Hairloss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by Tem01(f): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hello my people. I'm new to this site and i've really read about peoples problem and i think maybe if i share mine i can get solution.  My name is Temitope, i'm 25yrs old. I got married in 2007 and since then i've not been able to get pregnant.       After a year of my marriage and noting happened, i started seeing a doctor that did alot of test for me. My husband was not going with me because according to him, he was okay as he has a daughter from his late wife. After all my test, the doctor told me i have to be coming with my husband if i want him to continue with me. I pleaded with my husband and he agreed. After doing his semen analysis and culture, the doctor told us that only 10% of his spasmatozoa was active, 70% dead and 20% sluggish due to infection. He did test for me too to know whether i have any infection and told me that i was okay. He said the two of us must do the treatment but my husband's own is going to be for 3 month. After his treatment, he conducted another test and told us that it is now 70% active. Along the line the doctor asked me to do an xray called HSG which they dont have in that hospital and i had to do it in another hospital. When i went to do the HSG, i went with the photo copy of my husband's first result and showed it to one female doctor i met there. She told me that the dead spasmatozoa can never come alive again. That there is no how my husband can be able to get me pregnant except through IVF which we can not afford. I was afraid but after his 2nd result came out i was a bit relieved. It's now more than 2 years that all these happened and yet i am not pregnant. I wouldn't know whether what the other doctor told me was right. I got married early because i love children and it has always been my dream to get married and have children of my own. I'm confused right now can somebody help me.
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by femi4: 12:35am On Oct 28, 2010
I don't think I m better placed to advice you on this one.Please take your case to God my sister
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by saridonp2: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2010
Have you asked the cost of IVF?You need to find out how much it cost first and you also need to see another doctor to ascertain the findings of your first doctor and observe if they are really correct before you can put yourself in any psycological trauma.
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by woro: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2010
@tem01 from my little experience ignore the doctor that said ur husband canot impregnate a woman!!!! na lie !!!! if he has a low active spermatozoa due to infection it can still be corrected by taking antibiotics. there are some other drugs that may still be taken to boost the active ones which must be at least 50%before impregnating /conception cud take place.vitamin e 1000.i.u , vitamin c are very god drugs in this aspect.but however keep on praying for God is there to answer ur prayers!!!!! also try to visit a good hospital if u dont mind a general hospital (lagos island maternity hospital)
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by Tem01(f): 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2010
woro:

@tem01 from my little experience ignore the doctor that said your husband canot impregnate a woman!!!! na lie !!!! if he has a low active spermatozoa due to infection it can still be corrected by taking antibiotics. there are some other drugs that may still be taken to boost the active ones which must be at least 50%before impregnating /conception cud take place.vitamin e 1000.i.u , vitamin c are very god drugs in this aspect.but however keep on praying for God is there to answer your prayers!!!!! also try to visit a good hospital if u dont mind a general hospital (lagos island maternity hospital)
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your advise. It's not just going to be easy to get him to repeat the test because according to him the doctor said he was okay. I cant just think straight on what to do now due to pressure from here and there.
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by Romeo4real(m): 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2010
@Tem01 -

Low sperm count or sperm motility does not mean you cannot conceive with your husband. All that is needed for conception is a single, healthy viable spermatozoa. Whilst it has been confirmed that your husband has low sperm motility (different from low sperm count), there are quite a few things that can help improve his sperm motility and help you conceive - providing its not due a genetic abnormality, blockage, injury to his testicles or disease.
Though you have done a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG), this does not necessarily mean you are in the clear as far as your fertility is concerned. It simply means that there are no blockages in the fallopian tubes or scarring in the uterus. There are many reason why men or women suffer infertility problems, and sometimes, no reason can be found at all.

I would urge you to check your levels of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (SH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) as both have a a bearing on fertility. This check has to be done when you are ovulating via a blood or urine test. If found to be low, then you will have problems getting pregnant, but you can be put on medication that will stimulate your body to produce more of these hormones.

Back to your husband, make sure that he does the following -

If overweight, then he should lose weight asap
Take vitamin supplement - Zinc, Vitamin C, Selenium
Go on a healthy diet and take regular exercise
Not to use a sauna or take hot baths
To make sure to keep any form of heat away from his testicle area
No Smoking or drinking - at all!
Stop any exposure to chemical, fumes,smoke, car exhausts, etc
No riding of Bicycles
Reduce stress.

All the above have a serious effect on sperm count and motility. All the best
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by Tem01(f): 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2010
Thank you very much, i'll ask my doctor about the test you mentioned. Pls i want to ask you whether it is normal for sperm to look very watery. After meeting my husband i normally see it come down like water. Although when we went to the hospital for semen analysis and they gave him bottle to put his semen, it was thick. Though i wouldn't know whether it was due to the fact that we did not meet for almost 2 weeks then. Could there be anything in me that is turning the semen to water immediatly it gets into me?
Romeo4real:

@Tem01 -

Low spermatozoa count or spermatozoa motility does not mean you cannot conceive with your husband. All that is needed for conception is a single, healthy viable spermatozoa. Whilst it has been confirmed that your husband has low spermatozoa motility (different from low spermatozoa count), there are quite a few things that can help improve his spermatozoa motility and help you conceive - providing its not due a genetic abnormality, blockage, injury to his testicles or disease.
Though you have done a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG), this does not necessarily mean you are in the clear as far as your fertility is concerned. It simply means that there are no blockages in the fallopian tubes or scarring in the uterus. There are many reason why men or women suffer infertility problems, and sometimes, no reason can be found at all.

I would urge you to check your levels of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (SH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) as both have a a bearing on fertility. This check has to be done when you are ovulating via a blood or urine test. If found to be low, then you will have problems getting pregnant, but you can be put on medication that will stimulate your body to produce more of these hormones.

Back to your husband, make sure that he does the following -

If overweight, then he should lose weight asap
Take vitamin supplement - Zinc, Vitamin C, Selenium
Go on a healthy diet and take regular exercise
Not to use a sauna or take hot baths
To make sure to keep any form of heat away from his testicle area
No Smoking or drinking - at all!
Stop any exposure to chemical, fumes,smoke, car exhausts, etc
No riding of Bicycles
Reduce stress.

All the above have a serious effect on spermatozoa count and motility. All the best

Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by Romeo4real(m): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2010
@Tem01 -

Don't worry, this is absolutely normal, as the consistency of semen can change due to various factors. Semen is made up of spermatozoa, Seminal fluid and fluids from the Prostate gland. After expulsion, an enzyme in the seminal fluid turns the semen more liquid. This is to allow the spermatozoa to be able to swim more effectively up a woman's cervix. Also, the less often you have sex, the more "fluid" the semen has, as the seminal fluid has had time to accumulate.
The reverse is also true - The more often you have sex, the thicker the semen will be, as the body has less time to produce seminal fluid. Neither scenarios have any bearing on fertility - But you do need to keep the semen inside you for longer, so as to increase the chances of conception.

After meeting with your husband, make sure that you do not get up immediately. In fact, stay in bed for as long as possible. Put a pillow/pillows under your bum to raise your pelvis up. This will ensure that the semen cannot flow out of you. If you can sleep this way, this will be great. Though it may be uncomfortable, it will help the semen stay in you for longer, thereby increasing your chances of conception. You can also raise your legs up against the wall. Also make sure to be with your husband on your ovulation days, and, always give between 3-6 days before copulation again, as this increases the viability of the spermatozoa.

And finally, do NOT stress about this issue, as stress in known to make conception more difficult. Relax, enjoy being with your husband, get your hormone levels checked, make sure your husband follows his guidelines, you follow yours, pray about it, and your time will surely come. All the best!
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by Snowqueen: 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2010
Let your husband take pure honey as much as he can. If you can get combed honey, then he should eat the cnmb along with the honey. You may have what yoruba called 'eda', that is sperm flowing out after immediately after discharge from man. Dont stand up immediately after making love. For details on herbal solutions to these problems call 08184408033
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by TSpayne: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2010
Your husband may benefit from antibiotic therapy shortly before the next time you meet with him. This method is used by fertilty clinics to boost active sperm in cases where the man's sperm is being killed by latent bacteria in his reproductive organs.

www.facebook.com/mytotalheath
Re: I'm Confused, Can Somebody Help Me! by kurat: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2010
after pregnancy my womanliness became loosen, i have came to know from my friends about the herbal therapy for feeling re-virgin in 3 days course. i have got their site detail which was www.virgintherapy.com

i want to know whether it will effective. Kindly let us know if any one has gone through that.
As it says there is no side effect. No. Surgery. No Oral Pills.

Just 3 days herbal course and then you will feel re-virgin again, and can obtain the pleasure.
Also its help M.C. to be in balance and smooth flow on their particular time peroid.

Regards.
K.E.

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: Nurse Justina Ejelonu Tested Positive. - WHO. / Drugs For Flat Tummy In Nigeria / Stooling Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.