Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,052 members, 7,863,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

One Hundred Days In Office: A Letter To Babajide Sanwoolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Hundred Days In Office: A Letter To Babajide Sanwoolu (699 Views)

One Hundred Days After Buhari - By Garba Shehu. / Photo Of Tinubu And Babajide Sanwoolu In London / Governor Akinwunmi Ambode Spotted With Babajide Sanwoolu And Femi Hamzat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Hundred Days In Office: A Letter To Babajide Sanwoolu by tbabaXtra: 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2019
Congratulation sir on the occasion of your 100 days in office. Even though this is a significant moment, I believe there's little to celebrate. Your Excellency sir, your performance so far has been below average. I, therefore, believe this should be a time to re-strategize. My prayer is that, at the end of your tenure, your government would be one of the best since the existence of Lagos.

While thinking about a way forward, I believe these should be some of the quick kills of your administration.
1) Restore the traffic and street lights across the state
2) Ban motorcycles and tricycles from the major roads as done by Fashola. This can be made effective by constituting a joint task force consisting of the Police, Army, and LASTMA to arrest any offender
3) Instruct all companies and houses to be responsible for the cleaning of their environment as most of the companies surroundings have been taken over by weeds and dirt especially on the island
4) Restore monthly environment activities if possible
5)Can even organize environmental cleanliness challenge where Lagosians will voluntarily take part and post the pictures of themselves cleaning their environment online using #cleanlinessnext2godliness. The winners can even be rewarded. This is to imbibe the culture of cleanliness
6)There are no enough BRT buses. Government alone can't do it. Best is for government to handoff; Government has no business in business. You can bring in two or more companies to join BRT. There should then be a common electronic card usable in all the buses irrespective of the company they belong to. The Government will only make their money from the tax per usage and the use of cash should be scraped in the buses.
7) CCTV should be installed on the buses and the street of Lagos and insecurity should be dealt with
cool I guess KAI does not exist anymore. LNSC should be given the role to enforce traffic, environmental cleanliness and other laws
9) most of the revenue meant for the state goes to NURTW. Their activities should hence be proscribed.
10) The drainages should be cleared; the sand blocking the drainages on the bridges should be cleared and the drainages opened up to prevent the bridges from water logging.
11) act of indiscipline like driving against the traffic, cooking and selling on the roads, throwing the dirt into the street and out of the cars should be thoroughly dealt with.
12) Bad roads should be quickly fixed
13) Help with affordable health care
14) Take kid beggars and vendors of the street of Lagos. Every child of school age must go to school

Your Excellency Sir, above all, always listens to the common men on the street. According to an Iranian proverb, "a blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind". Thanks and God bless you, sir.

Re: One Hundred Days In Office: A Letter To Babajide Sanwoolu by FarahAideed: 8:55pm On Sep 07, 2019
I knew the writer was senseless immediately he said restore monthly sanitation

(1) (Reply)

Naijaon Trending News / Time For PDP To Expel Atiku, Saraki, Dino, Kwankwaso Etc / Amotekun Amotekun Amotekun. The Whole Story of the Western Nigeria Security Netw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.