Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect (10689 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji To Marry Alhaji Ishaya Bako Soon… / Star Actress Genevieve Nnaji To Act Alongside Angelina Jolie [Baseless Rumor] / Ama.k. Abrebrese Beats Genevieve Nnaji To Win Best Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by bisiaet: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2010
Sometime I wonder how so many waste their time answering to a thread like this someone will just wake up out of blue moon and post whatever, pls where did he or she got this info. from? I watch CNN over and over I log on to their web to see their programmes I can not see anywhere her name was mention or listed for interview  I asked people who are more constant wit CNN about it no one has any idea where does that info came from. Pls posters lets wait and see it happen first before running a comments and do all sorts of comparison and so on. Gen. is my star so also some of the Nollywood actors and actress but geniue onformation is the best form of information. God bless.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by 190: 11:04am On Oct 28, 2010
thats my omolola!! grin grin
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Ayowumie(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2010
What is the big deal if Genny is to feature of CNN CONNECT? This is too much of a hype.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2010
omar22:

Dumbo!!!!

You sound like someone who grew up on "Cow Milk" getting on CNN is a big deal!! ha ha ha ha ha ha LWKMD!!!! Its people like you the western world easily target!

"lets take their oil and we would train them how to read and write"

Something the western world did for over 200 or 300 years!! what next! Genny is going to be interviewed on CNN and everyone is having goose bumps,

Oprah calls every Nigerian a thief or a fraudster, then coughs Genny's name and everyone is having an organsm!!!

Like I said earlier on theirs so many Nigerians been mentioned on CNN, some we could celebrate so are tragic but some set looney who feels that once your on CNN you are a step away from winning the International Nobel Prize

*A 19-year-old Nigerian undergraduate student has signed a two-novel deal with the British publisher Faber, making her its youngest ever woman author.

Chibundu Onuzo, a history student at King's College London, will have her first novel, "The Spider King's Daughter," published next year.
This was mentioned on CNN, 

* Two Nigerian journalists, Ayodeji Akinyemi and Tolu Ogunlesi, are among the twenty five recently shortlisted as finalists in the CNN/Multichoice sponsored African Journalist of the Year Award.  

I must have missed that Episode

Yeah I know. maybe racking up 2000 posts on NL spewing senseless rhetoric may well land u on nta or perhaps aljazeera someday. Get a friggin life and leave others to enjoy theirs
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by fab4ever: 11:09am On Oct 28, 2010
@meldrick again! are u saying you are not aware that alot of high profiled women are single doesnt mean its dia choice. I heard of a banks FEMALE MD who just got married in Ibadan last month 4 the first time at 49! Do you honestly think its any womans choice to be single for that long?

Its every womans dream to find that special someone. Let us remember that this Omotola married very early. If she was single when she went deep into her career her story may not be the same. The point still remains this is about her achievements as an actress not as anything else.
FOCUS!

Ps i am in my early 20's so i am not addressing a personal issue here. lol
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 28, 2010
bisiaet:

Sometime I wonder how so many waste their time answering to a thread like this someone will just wake up out of blue moon and post whatever, pls where did he or she got this info. from? I watch CNN over and over I log on to their web to see their programmes I can not see anywhere her name was mention or listed for interview  I asked people who are more constant wit CNN about it no one has any idea where does that info came from. Pls posters lets wait and see it happen first before running a comments and do all sorts of comparison and so on. Gen. is my star so also some of the Nollywood actors and actress but geniue onformation is the best form of information. God bless.

http://connecttheworld.blogs.cnn.com/

She's on the front page
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by kadman(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2010
Bunch of sad clowns, #Shame sad

Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by sayso: 11:15am On Oct 28, 2010
bur they acted in Blood Sister's?This is looking good.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by kadman(m): 11:16am On Oct 28, 2010
bisiaet:

Apparently you've been the one wasting your time, logging on to CNN "over and over", and still not being properly informed.  grin
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Meldrick(m): 11:16am On Oct 28, 2010
omar22:

You sound like Coco the clown!!!!! How in the blue moon is a wife and mother is easy than a single mum?

Why do you think Married Actresses find it hard to have a stable marriage in Hollywood? why do you think Jada Pinkett Smith disappeared from the screen,  even screening the Matrix Will Smith and family had to temporary move to Australia to support Jada,  Those who could juggle an acting career and keep a matrimonial home should be commended,

Spot on

May you live long.

fab4ever:

@meldrick again! are u saying you are not aware that alot of high profiled women are single doesnt mean its dia choice. I heard of a banks FEMALE MD who just got married in Ibadan last month 4 the first time at 49! Do you honestly think its any womans choice to be single for that long?

Its every womans dream to find that special someone. Let us remember that this Omotola married very early. If she was single when she went deep into her career her story may not be the same. The point still remains this is about her achievements as an actress not as anything else.
FOCUS!

Ps i am in my early 20's so i am not addressing a personal issue here. lol
You see I knew it, You will really not understand beause of your age but omar 22 has shed more light on it or if you are not cleared ask some one you trust who is more matured in age. Iam also not attacking personalities here hmmmm. Good boy
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Basildon1(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2010
Anyone who beefs/hates Genevieve for her achievements is nothing but an envious buffoon. Whether u like it or not, she's on another level.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by tEEfASH1: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2010
Wow! at least something fresh and promising not 419  or yahoo yahoo.

Thumbs-up to this naija ambassador.  

Nokia new line of products available in Nigeria; Nokia C3, Nokia C5, Nokia C6, Nokia C6-01, Nokia C7, Nokia X2, Nokia X3-02, Nokia N8

[table]
[tr][td]
[img]http://.com/images/product_images/thumbnail_nokia-n8-silver.jpg[/img] Nokia N8 [/url]
[/td][td]
[img]http://.com/images/product_images/thumbnail_blackberry-bold-9780.jpg[/img] Blackberry 9780 Bold 4
[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Blackberry on the other hand announced/released products are Blackberry Curve 3G 9300, Blackberry Style 9670, Blackberry Bold 3 9650, Blackberry Bold 4 9780, Blackberry Torch 9800

To read full details and to find out if they will all be available and usable in Nigeria, visit the below link;

http://.com/index.php?target=news&news_id=6&page=1#6

http://./2010/10/28/37/?preview=true&preview_id=37&preview_nonce=4a1a45410a
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by omar22(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2010
Anyone who beefs/hates Genevieve for her achievements is nothing but an envious buffoon. Whether u like it or not, she's on another level.

Answer this simple question!

What did Genevieve achieve from CNN writing an Article about her?
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by fab4ever: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2010
@meldrick poor u rating age and maturity as one thing! thats immature on its own. hehehe.
acient of days,
So glad we are all un-identified here.

as for the omar22. We are in a world were it is right to be married with for children! People look down on a woman no matter her achievements if she has no husband and children and thats wrong. Thats my point so get the point people are trying to make.

God bless.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2010
Why are people complaining whenever they see gennys name on omotola's thread or omotola on genny's thread?

Them two are like two big competitiors and if not the best in nollywood. SO there is bound to be competition btw both fans.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2010
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by omar22(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2010
Yeah I know. maybe racking up 2000 posts on NL spewing senseless rhetoric may well land u on nta or perhaps aljazeera someday. Get a friggin life and leave others to enjoy theirs

The Muzzles are off,
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by kadman(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2010
omar22:

Answer this simple question!

What did Genevieve achieve from CNN writing an Article about her?

Omar22, while you might think yourself a social critic, I have noticed a pattern from interacting with you in other threads.
You hated Cheryl Cole, you hated Mary J Blige, you abused Whitney Houston, now you're bashing Ms Nnaji and many many more I can't remember.

For a man, you're coming across as a very sad individual. I have nothing against you, but I've never seen you say anything good about anyone yet you're always in the Celebrity section. As I said. .  nothing against you man, but you're either a HATER who's hating on everyone or you're a very sad person.

Don't bother to quote me as  I won't reply you. It's just my observation.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by bisiaet: 11:38am On Oct 28, 2010
She's on the front page

On the front page

Pls this poster show me where it is I am right there on  ww.cnn.com pls show me I had be searching but could not find it pls show me and show everybody in the house where it is written or placed? Or copy the page for all to see with CNN written boldly on it.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by kadman(m): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2010
Horayce:

Yeah I know. maybe racking up 2000 posts on NL spewing senseless rhetoric may well land u on nta or perhaps aljazeera someday. [b]Get a friggin life and leave others to enjoy their[/b]s

I just addressed this in another post. Negro is a sadist who never has anything positive to say. Fustration na bad thing. **shakes head**
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by holydante(m): 11:40am On Oct 28, 2010
Corky Joe:

very ugly ting angry

. this guy is really living out his name. duhh!!!!
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by fab4ever: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2010
@guddsid

God bless you. In order to gain respect we should be married with children O.

Because we actually saw the husbands in the shop where they are sold and refused to buy. lol

Every Other thing we do should not be given credit.

Nawa O for Nigerians.

The woman has made her name period!
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by omar22(m): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2010
as for the omar22. We are in a world were it is right to be married with for children! People look down on a woman no matter her achievements if she has no husband and children and thats wrong. Thats my point so get the point people are trying to make.

What a load of "$%^*£%)&*)

Not all of us look at people through your eyes, Tell me how many people looks down at Oprah Winfrey? 1000's of stars tries to stay single b'cos they see it as a distraction, wall street high powered female workers put marriage and child at the bottom of the list of priority,   Its some Nigerians with their limited thinking tend to see faults in every issues,
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 28, 2010
bisiaet:

On the front page

Pls this poster show me where it is I am right there on  ww.cnn.com pls show me I had be searching but could not find it pls show me and show everybody in the house where it is written or placed? Or copy the page for all to see with CNN written boldly on it.

Front page on nairaland not CNN
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by confusedl: 11:53am On Oct 28, 2010
@fab4ever , First of all i have followed Genevive and her achievements for sometime now.
She is brave woman and she has grown professionally, she deserves all the credit in the world.
She is a single mom so what?
For those of you trying to compare her to Omotola a mother of 4 joggling being a wife an actress and a career woman heres the deal:
[b]''In a society like ours it is alot easier to do that than to be a single mother."
We all should be proud of her. Does she need a stable man in her life? a very big YEEEEEEEEES.
Should she stop achieving simply because that man hasnt come? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Let us be proud that a nigerian is representing us positively.
I am equally in love with Omotola but i must say i am highly dissapointed by her fans on NL.
This should be about a nigerian achiever not an avenue to remind us everyday that Omotola has a husband and Genevieve doesnt or pitching that over popular war between them. We don taya abeg!

Go Genevieve Nnaji, Nigeria is proud of you!

well said. she deserves evertyhing she is getting, hatters go get a life.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by omar22(m): 11:54am On Oct 28, 2010
Omar22, while you might think yourself a social critic, I have noticed a pattern from interacting with you in other threads.
You hated Cheryl Cole, you hated Mary J Blige, you abused Whitney Houston, now you're bashing Ms Nnaji and many many more I can't remember.

For a man, you're coming across as a very sad individual. I have nothing against you, but I've never seen you say anything good about anyone yet you're always in the Celebrity section. As I said. .  nothing against you man, but you're either a HATER who's hating on everyone or you're a very sad person.

Don't bother to quote me as  I won't reply you. It's just my observation.

I dislike Cheryl Cole for beating up an Old Nigerian lady who worked as a club assistance,

Mary J Blige and Whitney Houston darlings of the R&B world, I guess you are missed informed about me hating them,

Ms Nnaji - I dont hate, but I dont rate her simple (i believe you could grasp that part)

I guess you did a poor job trying to make yourself look good by painting a poor image of me, concentrate on the @$$-Kissing
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by MissyB3(f): 11:55am On Oct 28, 2010
Meldrick:

It is not easy for a woman like Omotola to be able to cope with the pressure of family and career not to even mention in-laws.
Make she glue her a$$ to her couch na. Them send her go msg?
Y'all will just make us turn this thread into a  Genny vs OmoT cyber war. Hiss

Meldrick:

As for Genny, sugar daddies make things so easy for her. If you say she is stgmatised she should help her self out by doing the right thing instead of swallowing corks of different sizes.
What's the proof that she has sugar daddies? If she actually does, so?
How has that made her less human or successful than Omotola?
Some people's priority is marriage, others could care less. Y'all take the chill pills.
When and if Genny wants, she would sign a till-death-do-us-part contract with a particular d[i]i[/i]ck. Untill then, let her swallow all, if she wills.
Even if she were an osho-free prostitutè, you lot still wouldn't be able to get close . . . so, give it a rest.

jennykadry:

Why are people complaining whenever they see gennys name on omotola's thread or omotola on genny's thread?
I wonder too.
Since the beginning of their career(?), both of them have, in so many movies, played conflicting roles. It's only normal that we see them as rivals [whether they actually are or not, is irrelevant] and/or draw comparison between them.
Just don't insult Genny to uplift OmoT is all I ask.
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by fab4ever: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2010
[b]Not all of us look at people through your eyes, Tell me how many people looks down at Oprah Winfrey? 1000's of stars tries to stay single b'cos they see it as a distraction, wall street high powered female works put marriage and child at the bottom of the list of priority,   Its some Nigerians with their limited thinking tend to see faults in every issues[color=#006600][/color]

Okay i guess the world i was referring to is Nigeria. It is definately shallow not to appreciate how far one has come simply because she isnt married. After all this marriage thingy there is even more to it than meets the eyes!
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2010
fab4ever:

I just registered on Nairaland because of this topic.

I am equally in love with Omotola but I must say I am highly disappointed by her fans on NL.

This should be about a Nigerian achiever not an avenue to remind us everyday that Omotola has a husband and Genevieve doesn't or pitching that over-popular war between them.

@ fab4ever,
Welcome to NL.

Now, you have spoken my mind, but just forgot to mention that in as much as Genny is the best actress in Nollywood (in my opinion), she's got the most malicious and hateful fans. Let alone Omotola's fans, Genny's fans are equally, if not more resentful of Omotola. They keep popping up now and then to discredit Omotola using Genny's achievements, it's not even funny. Go to all the threads where Genny is listed and you'll find them there being unable to resist typing "O-M-O-T-O-L-A. . . . . . . . . . . . . .". Now I know there's that tribal thing going on (I've been a nairalander long enough to know which other member is Igbo or Yoruba based on their responses alone), but maybe it's high time this whole shebang came to an end. I find it so draining.

And yes, Genny has invited resentment and jealousies by her achievements and if Nairaland is anything to go by, Nigerians should be the most jealous people in the whole world. Why can't you people just be proud of your stars? You should be happy for Genny; if not for her at least be proud that she's given Nigerians a different image (Entertainment) rather than the one the whole world knows (scammers, corrupt, untrustworthy, drug-peddlers, loud, arrogant, womanizers. . . . blah. . . . blah. . . . blah . . . . . .blah. . . . ).

To Genny's fans:
Miss Nnaji is a Nigerian achiever and a Nigerian beauty. Full stop. Leave it at that. Comparisons are so unnecessary. Yes, many people are jealous of her, but just let them be! You do not need to drag Omotola into this. What has she got to do with Genny's impending interview? Quit using Genny's achievements to discredit other Nollywood actresses (I need not remind you that karma is a b[i]i[/i]tch). Are you that insecure that you need to put down another successful individual to cover up for your own inadequacies ?

To Omotola's fans:
We all agree that Mrs. Ekehinde is beautiful and adorable and there are many people who do not like that fact. However, I think it's childish to use her marital status to discredit Genevieve! Yes, she's single, so what? Has that made her any less successful? She's the best actress in Nollywood, so let the girl be! This is her time. She's where God wants her to be for now, single or not. She will marry when she meets the right man. In fact, I commend her for being a very strong woman, not the kind to use birthdays and society to determine when to marry. For the men here saying she can't find a man. . . . . . . you wish. . . men drool for her. The ones who dislike her are well aware that they can't conquer her. Simple.

To the neutral parties:
Don't you ever wonder why people must choose between the two? Like there's a NL rule that states, "If You Dislike Omotola, You Must Like Genevieve And Vice Versa" or else die. I remember sometime back in another thread when Genny's fans expressed their anger over Omotola's weight loss. And in another thread Omotola's fans were so angered by D'banj's declaration of his "love" for Genevieve. It's all so silly, don't you think?
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2010
Seriously this genny and omotola's cyberwar's got to end. They are both good at what they do.Period

I need a cold drink abeg
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by omar22(m): 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2010
When and if Genny wants, she would sign a till-death-do-us-part contract with a particular dick. Untill then, let her swallow all, if she wills.
Even if she were an osho-free prostitutè, you lot still wouldn't be able to get close . . . so, give it a rest.

Mr Endowed, resume to duty
Re: Finally: Genevieve Nnaji To Appear On CNN connect by Diligence: 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2010
More powers to Genie De Genius elbows; and by the way,pls stop comparing Genie wt who?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shocking!!! Rapper Nicki Minaj Expose Her Massive Butt In Shocking NEw video / Famous Nigerians Who Own A Bentley, One Of The Most Expensive Cars In The World / All 2face Idibia Seven Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.