Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? (3225 Views)

What Percentage Of Lagos State Landmass Was Former FCT / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC / Steer Clear Of Idoma Community – Biafra Agitators Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Noneroone(m): 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
I know majority of Idoma people are Christians. There are also a sizable number of Muslims, especially in agatu area.

pls can an idoma person give me a rough estimate of their religious demographics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by OneNigerianist: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2019
Idoma is Hausa.
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by immortalityk: 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
Me too
I will appreciate if anyone can tell me the religious percentage of igala people
Their local governments and the dominant religion there
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Chepos1(m): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
Noneroone:
I know majority of Idoma people are Christians. There are also a sizable number of Muslims, especially in agatu area.

pls can an idoma person give me a rough estimate of their religious demographics.

Agatu don't have much of Muslim, let's say Muslim there is roughly 17-18% of total population

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
All of them are Muslims and are north... simple

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Noneroone(m): 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2019
Chepos1:

Agatu don't have much of Muslim, let's say Muslim there is roughly 17-18% of total population
are you an Idoma?
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2019
immortalityk:
Me too
I will appreciate if anyone can tell me the religious percentage of igala people
Their local governments and the dominant religion there

Igala people: 75% Muslims, others 25%
Ebira people: 90% Muslims, others 10%
Kabba Okun people: 85% Christians, others 15%

4 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Chepos1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
Noneroone:
are you an Idoma?

Yes

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by immortalityk: 7:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
BinDean:

How u take know all this

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Noneroone(m): 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
Chepos1:

Yes
OK. pls what is the general Idoma attitude towards Biafra?

I ask ' cos of the my encounter in PH. Someone brought up the idea of inclusion of Idoma and igala in the proposed Biafra, expressing his disapproval over it. Another man even called Idoma Hausa muslims. someone at our back who I later learnt was an idoma nearly fought the man who called them Hausa's. He said except for some in agatu, overwhelming majority of Idomas are Christian and Pro Biafra.

I wouldn't want a country where a section however small will harbour any sort of resentment towards the majority. That's why I need an idoma person to explain things.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Chepos1(m): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
Noneroone:

I ask ' cos of the my encounter in PH. Someone brought up the idea of inclusion of Idoma and igala in the proposed Biafra, expressing his disapproval over it. Another man even called Idoma Hausa muslims. someone at our back who I later learnt was an idoma nearly fought the man who called them Hausa's. He said except for some in agatu, overwhelming majority of Idomas are Christian and Pro Biafra.

I wouldn't want a country where a section however small will harbour any sort of resentment towards the majority. That's why I need an idoma person to explain things.

I can comfortably say, Idoma are not and will never be Hausa Muslim. Idomas are not Hausa/Fulani as they are fondly called, even the 17% I said earlier is a mistake cuz I asked and they said Idomas that are Muslims are not more than 5%. They welcome Biafra, if not for anything, for the fact that they have been marginalised by the TIV speaking region of the state.

5 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
BinDean:

I am not sure this is correct. I served in Amkpa, Kogi State. The indigenes themselves told me they are about 50/50 moslems/Christians. And this agrees with my observation while I was there.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by iluvdonjazzy: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2019
Christians are more than Muslims in Nigeria including northern Nigeria but they will never let you know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by TooMuchStuff: 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2019
Few families are Muslims in agatu. There are 3% idoma Muslims. Mostly positioned in federal civil service to claim fake population like the rest of the north by fulanis supremacists

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 09, 2019
misterme:

I am not sure this is correct. I served in Amkpa, Kogi State. The indigenes themselves told me they are about 50/50 moslems/Christians. And this agrees with my observation while I was there.
Ankpa is just one local government in eleven local government in igala land.
I'm from kogi state I know what am saying

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 09, 2019
immortalityk:

How u take know all this
I'm a kogite
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by immortalityk: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2019
BinDean:

I'm a kogite
That your igala analysis na error
I agree with ebira and okun
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by senatordave1(m): 9:04am On Sep 09, 2019
immortalityk:

That your igala analysis na error
I agree with ebira and okun
Igala should be 60% muslims
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Noneroone(m): 9:56am On Sep 09, 2019
Chepos1:

I can comfortably say, Idoma are not and will never be Hausa Muslim. Idomas are not Hausa/Fulani as they are fondly called, even the 17% I said earlier is a mistake cuz I asked and they said Idomas that are Muslims are not more than 5%. They welcome Biafra, if not for anything, for the fact that they have been marginalised by the TIV speaking region of the state.
ok
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by TooMuchStuff: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2019
senatordave1:

Igala should be 60% muslims
In Kogi state....

Muslims 45% population but politically 70% dominance

Christians 52% population but politically 25% dominance

This has been the reason census data that includes religion demography is hotly resisted by Hausafulani Muslims of the north. Because they prefer situation where figures are asserted based on political prominence of any ethnic groups of their making

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Noneroone(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2019
Igala issue is quite puzzling. I don't know how IPOB intends going about it. I suggest we abandon the idea of including them as well as urhobo and itshekiri. about half are Muslims. you can't possibility partition them. No one wants a 'Kashmir' in Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by senatordave1(m): 11:59am On Sep 09, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

In Kogi state....

This has been the reason census data that includes religion demography is hotly resisted by Hausafulani Muslims of the north. Because they prefer situation where figures are asserted based on political prominence of any ethnic groups of their making
Sorry sir,there more muslims in kogi than xtians.its n9t possible to have a lesser population and still dominate politically
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by juman(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
It ridiculous to include igala and idoma in to the proposed biafra.

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Noneroone(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2019
juman:
It ridiculous to include igala and idoma in to the proposed biafra.

are you idoma?

3 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by AnalQueenluci: 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
Noneroone:

the amount of islam u find in igboland is dsame amount u find in Idoma ie 5% ,
Igala is more of moslem but lets call it 15-20% ,
But in Tivland moslems are scarce maybe 1%

I dia data with me , portharcourt u talk of has come chop moslems more than tiv n idoma ,
Urhobo and itshekiri has dsame moslems dan igala tribe..

Major luci from cross river

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by AnalQueenluci: 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

In Kogi state....

He speaks about igala not kogi in general
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by omotoniwa(f): 12:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
BinDean:

that is not truth, igala 60% christian 40% others. Ebira 85% Muslim 15% others. Okun 85% christian 15% others. My statistics can be confirm.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by TooMuchStuff: 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
omotoniwa:
that is not truth, igala 60% christian 40% others. Ebira 85% Muslim 15% others. Okun 85% christian 15% others. My statistics can be confirm.

Close.
Igbirras 60% muslims.
Okuns. 90% Christians
Igalas. 52% Christians

Fact
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by orisa37: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2019
OneNigerianist:
Idoma is Hausa.

That's a lie. Idomas are Igbos. Oche is Uche. Ada is common to them.

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Subduer: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
AnalQueenluci:

the amount of islam u find in igboland is dsame amount u find in Idoma ie 5% ,

You mean 0.005% ?
Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by 24kmagic: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
Whether idomas are Muslims shouldn't be of much concern to you. What should be of more concern to you is the type of Islam they practice.

The core northerners see them as infidels because they are not radical.

Haven said that.....

I know this entity called nigeria will split up into smaller entities one day. It might take long, but it will surely happen. I'm from middle belt and I very much support Biafra but only on the condition that they carry all middle belt states (Nasarawa, Plateau and Benue ) along. If this is not happening, then I call for more disintegration. Surprisingly, these three states are where most of the food we eat come from but they are some of the less developed and the poorest states in this entity, thanks to the useless set up.

However you want to deny it, the core northerners have drawn this country backward by fifty years, sharing the same country with them amounts to permanent stagnation in life.

#IsupportTheSplit
#MiddlebeltIsNotNorth

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Idoma Is Muslim? by Armaggedon: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
Idoma and Igbo are almost one. A colleague I served with in the north was from the area. He could hear Igbo very well and when spoke on the phone, you would know he was speaking a language that is almost Igbo which needs a little "adjustment" to understand. Ironically Hausas called him Igbo. That was when I stopped calling him a northerner. Our people seem to forget them only because they are called North. There is a lot of make believe in Nigeria. This country is so fake.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Rare Picture Of A Nigerian Police Officer Giving A Driver Money. / Chinese To Establish Chinese Police In Nigeria / Tinubu Was The Youngest Senator In 1992. He Was Barely 30 Years Old-Ayu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.