Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde (13295 Views)

No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde / Lagos Prominent Indigenes Seek End To NURTW Activities / Zamfara, Rivers APC Remain Banned – INEC (2) (3) (4)

NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by babyvoice1990(m): 5:40am On Sep 09, 2019
Oyo State Government on Sunday evening said the ban on the state chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers is still effective

The government spoke against the backdrop of alleged invasion of the state Secretariat of the NURTW at Agbowo area in Ibadan, along Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

They however urge the union members not to dare the police and other security agencies in their effort to restore peace and sanity in the state

Reacting to a question on the invasion of the union’s Secretariat and forceful takeover of motor parks by some faction, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa said, “the union activities remain banned.”

Adisa who spoke to reporters at the Iyaganku Secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists said, “yes, we got the information of the invasion of NURTW office by a faction.

“The police had assured the state government of adequate provision of protection to the lives and property of our people.

“When government placed ban on NURTW, it remains in force and they should not take government for granted.

“The police are on ground and whoever breaches law will face the wrath of the law,” he added.

Makinde had in June proscribed NURTW in the state

Speaking on the achievemets of Governor Makinde in 100 daya Adisa said the government has set an unprecedented record in the history of the state and would ensure people of the state have a better taste of government .

Adisa said in couple of weeks the government will flagged of the revoked ibadan -Iseyin road and other projects across the state.

Source: https://oyoaffairs.net/nurtw-activities-still-remain-banned-in-oyo-makinde/

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by dokyOloye: 5:41am On Sep 09, 2019
Haaaa,Gov Makinde!!!
Why did you ban Tinubu's boys?
Better learn from Lagos where MC Oluomo is being groomed to be d future governor of Lagos grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by helinues: 5:41am On Sep 09, 2019
Better

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by inoki247: 6:32am On Sep 09, 2019
No owo omo ita for Ibadan people.. If that will reduce the Transport fee for d masses is a welcome sumtin...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by dam2000(m): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2019
The man of his word

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by dam2000(m): 6:34am On Sep 09, 2019
Best governor so far

48 Likes

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by helinues: 6:34am On Sep 09, 2019
dokyOloye:
Haaaa,Gov Makinde!!!
Better learn from Lagos where MC Oluomo is being groomed to be d future governor of Lagos grin

Even Tinubu is still on bed.. He does not even aware of your existence

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by opalu: 6:34am On Sep 09, 2019
Good
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by KIDfurniture(m): 6:35am On Sep 09, 2019
Nice
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by SoNature(m): 6:35am On Sep 09, 2019
When will Lagos grow some balls and be like Oyo?

When I saw the number of touts at Oshodi, I pitied the bus drivers who usually ply that route.

Well, in my discussion with a conductor, he told me in confidence that they usually factor in the money they usually give to the touts before fixing their fares.

Obviously, that's why transportation fares in Lagos are some of the highest in Nigeria.

But those who pay these fares don't complain, so why should I?

Welcome to Lagos, the world's largest concentration of touts!

52 Likes

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by irunoko(m): 6:35am On Sep 09, 2019
Good.those nonentities are full of violence and always stirring unrest

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Kennitrust(m): 6:36am On Sep 09, 2019
To those who believed in God ...let begin the day with prayers!

God will see you through this week.

Nigeria is not a confidential state

As I wish you safety, safety will be mind too.

God bless those with genuine hustling...

28 Likes

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by RealLordZeus(m): 6:36am On Sep 09, 2019
If I can have my way, I will prefer they ban them for for like three years so that sanity will return to the state transport system, though security should be enhanced coz as those boys no see their daily allowance again, they might resolve to other means.
And what about the other NURTW workers( the Nigerian Police)

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by dokyOloye: 6:37am On Sep 09, 2019
helinues:

Even Tinubu is still on bed.. He does not even aware of your existence
But you are aware ba?
That's a consolation grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by ImperialYoruba: 6:38am On Sep 09, 2019
Some of our Governors are running government in carbon copy of colonial administration. Since when did governor get power to ban a Union?
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Emmy3(m): 6:40am On Sep 09, 2019
NURTW is the largest umbrella association of Agberos Nationwide

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by helinues: 6:40am On Sep 09, 2019
dokyOloye:

But you are aware ba?
That's a consolation grin

Of course, I am aware of your forced attaché to Tinubu.. Just a reminder that only jobless people sleep, talk, envy someone that is never aware of his existence

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:41am On Sep 09, 2019
Good.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 09, 2019
They should be banned all over Nigeria

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Kennitrust(m): 6:42am On Sep 09, 2019
Good. I wish they ban these touts nationwide.

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by dokyOloye: 6:43am On Sep 09, 2019
helinues:

Of course, I am aware of your forced attaché to Tinubu.. Just a reminder that only jobless people sleep, talk, envy someone that is never aware of his existence
Better get a proper job,than this zombie job.
How does it feel to be online defending hardened criminals and terrorists like Tinubu and Buhari all day?
adios amigo.

25 Likes

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Cantonese: 6:43am On Sep 09, 2019
Brigadier Marwa banned NURTW in Lagos in 1996 and there was peace. Transport cost went down. Tinubu allowed them back and in Lagos no peace. Oshiomole dealt with them in Edo and there was peace. Makinde did the right thing. These evil people along with the police are t reasons why transportation cost is always high. Definitely there must be peace in Ibadan. APC in Lagos needs that union to be in power. Yeye people.

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by crazygod(m): 6:43am On Sep 09, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
Some of our Governors are running government in carbon copy of colonial administration. Since when did governor get power to ban a Union?
Hmmm. So sad that Nigeria is now a country where 'Agberoism' is now legal.

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by gaskiyamagana: 6:45am On Sep 09, 2019
dokyOloye:
Haaaa,Gov Makinde!!!
Thank God he is not political product of Tinubu. Infact, Makinde need good strategists to make sure he gets more revenue from banning the good for nothing union.

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by helinues: 6:45am On Sep 09, 2019
dokyOloye:

Better get a proper job,than this zombie job.
How does it feel to be online defending hardened criminals and terrorists like Tinubu and Buhari all day?
adios amigo.

We would rather pay someone to defend us than to be paid to be defending others...

Atiku is not cumming.. The earlier you sunk that in your skulls, the better for you
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Btruth: 6:47am On Sep 09, 2019
Kennitrust:
To those who believed in God ...let begin the day with prayers!

God will see you through this week.

Nigeria is not a confidential state

As I wish you safety, safety will be mind too.

Cod bless those with genuine hustling...
amen my brother.

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by banji1(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2019
Just because they are loyalists of your predecessor. I know you'll definitely lift the ban when your "boys* eventually take over.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by TroubleMaker47(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2019
Welcome development!
This guy just keeps endearing himself to the masses!
I just wish Abia can borrow him as governor just for 1 tenure! cry

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by gaskiyamagana: 6:49am On Sep 09, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
Agbero on line.
Tell us usefulness of you to the passenger, general public and the govt.

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by MobilityExpress: 6:49am On Sep 09, 2019
I don't like PDP at all because as a party they have failed at all levels of government and governance, and have a culture of chronic mediocrity, corruption, mismanagement and failure. But honestly, this Makinde man has been exceptional right from the start. This is exactly the kind of governor Lagos needs, this is exactly the kind of leadership the Southwest should be producing and this is the kind of person that should be president in 2023. If Southwest wants to present a candidate for 2023, it must be Makinde. Just within 2 months as Oyo Governor, Makinde has shown he has the active potential to be 1 trillion times a better president than Osibanjo, and 1 quintillion times a better president than Buhari. I dislike PDP, but Makinde is the best thing in Nigerian politics today. I just wonder where PDP managed to steal this guy from. The top 3 excellent governors in the political arena now are #1. MAKINDE, Oyo state #2. ABIODUN, Ogun state #3. Abdulrahman, Kwara State. Interestingly, they all somehow look alike grin. PDP does not deserve an excellent exceptional person like this. Makinde should form another party please. This guy is the best governor in the Southwest right now. His ideas, his policies, his work ethic, and his actions so far shows that Oyo state is in the best hands. God bless Makinde.

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by vibbb: 6:49am On Sep 09, 2019
Ok, if only the Government can look more inwardly into NURTW loads of state Internal revenue can be generated.

Profile Of Mustapha Akinwumi – Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member / NYSC Forgery: Prosecute Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate, KMC Tell Police / Reno Omokri: 200,000 Nigerians In UK Should Smoke Buhari Out