Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP (357 Views)

Nigeria's GDP Shrinks By 6.10% In Q2 2020 - NBS / Nigeria's GDP Grew By 1.87% in Q1 2020 Amid Global Challenges / World Bank Predicts Sharp Fall In Nigeria’s GDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by actiondrilling: 6:09am On Sep 10, 2019
Minister of Communications, Dr. Isa Pantami, is optimistic that with the second quarter contribution of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the sector will floor oil and gas in two years’ time.He disclosed this in a statement made available to The Guardian yesterday.
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) put ICT’s contribution to the GDP at 13.8 per cent in the second quarter, while oil and gas was put at 8.8 per cent. Pantami was speaking at the ongoing International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Telecom World 2019) in Budapest, Hungary.

As the leader of Nigerian delegation to the yearly event, Pantami said the “government wants to sustain the steady growth of ICT” in the country; hence the need to attend events that will enable delegates network and get the best ideas.The minister commended the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) for seeing to the country’s participation and told the delegates to maximise the opportunity provided by the attendance.

The Executive Vice Chairman (EVC) of NCC, Prof. Umar Danbatta, told the minister that the commission decided, this year, not to erect a pavilion, which is consistent with the cost-saving measures of the Federal Government.He said, “The ministry is aware of this cost-cutting measures we put in place to scale down the resources we deploy in hosting Nigeria at important international events.

We have provided information on what agencies under the Ministry of Communications are doing to grow the ICT sector in Nigeria.”Meanwhile, to check cyber crime, NCC has initiated a process to establish an Internet Industry Code of Practice for service providers in the country. Danbatta, at the 109th edition of the Consumer Outreach Programme organised by the Commission in Osogbo, Osun State, described the code as a regulatory intervention to guard the nation’s cyber space against hackers.

The EVC, who spoke through the Deputy Director, Consumer Affairs Bureau, Alhaji Ismail Adedigba, said the code would address issues such as online child protections, privacy and data protection.Speaking on the theme ‘Mitigating Effects of Cybercrime: The Roles of Telecom Consumers’, the NCC chief noted that the theme was carefully chosen to sensitise telecom consumers on the rising wave of cybercrime in its various forms, the dangers it poses and the roles consumers should play.

https://www.akelicious.net/minister-optimistic-ict-will-lead-contribution-to-nigerias-gdp/

Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by jacquincy: 6:11am On Sep 10, 2019
How u wan start?
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by Simplyleo: 6:11am On Sep 10, 2019
Appointing Dr. Isa Pantami as communication minister is one of the best decisions buhari made.

This man is the model round peg in a round hole and I'm optimistic he will deliver.

Though his dream is tall, I hope he does something commendable in the IT sector to justify the confidence reposed in him by Mr president.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 6:15am On Sep 10, 2019
This religious bigot should be heading a department of islamic affairs somewhere.
If you ask what was this man's achievements as DG his supporters cannot name any tangible achievement.
ICT cannot floor oil and gas in terms of GDP here in Nigeria, it's just wishful thinking. In civilised societies that have invested in ICT infrastructure and human development they can have such dreams, not in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by Simplyleo: 6:17am On Sep 10, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:
This religious bigot should be heading a department of islamic affairs somewhere.
If you ask what was this man's achievements as DG his supporters cannot name any tangible achievement.
Pls can you enlighten us how he is a religious bigot?

He has a PhD in ICT, not in Islamic Affairs, so why should he be heading a department of Islamic department somwhere?

For his achievements as DG, do you need to ask his supporters who by default must him? Why not watch the Senate screening and prove him wrong on any of his claims.

Fyi, he has lectured outside the shores of this country, got his PhD outside the shores of this country, worked outside the shores of this country and in all cases, non has to do with Islamic knowledge and all about ICT.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by helinues: 6:22am On Sep 10, 2019
We hope so
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 6:30am On Sep 10, 2019
Simplyleo:

Pls can you enlighten us how he is a religious bigot?

He has a PhD in ICT, not in Islamic Affairs, so why should he be heading a department of Islamic department somwhere?

For his achievements as DG, do you need to ask his supporters who by default must him? Why not watch the Senate screening and prove him wrong on any of his claims.

Fyi, he has lectured outside the shores of this country, got his PhD outside the shores of this country, worked outside the shores of this country and in all cases, non has to do with Islamic knowledge and all about ICT.

Simple, name his achievements as DG. So what he said as Senate screening is your proof of performance? You can earn your Phd in space and still be incompetent on the job.
Just name his achievements as DG and silence me.
Your argument is too elementary even for a 5 year old.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by Simplyleo: 6:42am On Sep 10, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Simple, name his achievements as DG. So what he said as Senate screening is your proof of performance? You can earn your Phd in space and still be incompetent on the job.
Just name his achievements as DG and silence me.
Your argument is too elementary even for a 5 year old.
Pls, which of what he mentioned at the screening is a lie? Pls watch it on YouTube, abi you no get data ni?

Yes, I agree, you can earn a PhD in anything and still be incompetent in same area except if you are igbo. But pls can you specify his area of incompetence in any of his practices as an ICT expert?
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 6:47am On Sep 10, 2019
Simplyleo:

Pls, which of what he mentioned at the screening is a lie? Pls watch it on YouTube, abi you no get data ni?

Yes, I agree, you can earn a PhD in anything and still be incompetent in same area except if you are igbo. But pls can you specify his area of incompetence in any of his practices as an ICT expert?

Oga please list his achievements simple.
You that have data, with your this your English.
Simple list of his achievements you can't instead you are referring me to YouTube.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by Simplyleo: 6:51am On Sep 10, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Oga please list his achievements simple.
You that have data, with your this your English.
Simple list of his achievements you can't instead you are referring me to YouTube.
Hear from the horse's mouth on YouTube then prove him wrong. Why should I list it when it is already available to anyone with access to internet?

Yeah, already digressing to English right?
But even at that, which primary 5 pupil writes the terrible English in bold?
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by EkunKekere: 7:18am On Sep 10, 2019
EXACTLY. These idiots love making grandiose claims which they can NEVER back up with either facts or achievements.

This moronic administration has for the last 2 years budgeted more for building cattle settlements and RUGA than it has for science and technology.

They can't even get basic education right, but they're bragging about making IT a revenue generator as if it's the same thing as producing fura de nunu.

Simplyleo:

Hear from the horse's mouth on YouTube then prove him wrong. Why should I list it when it is already available to anyone with access to internet?

MASTERCHIEF0847:
ICT cannot floor oil and gas in terms of GDP here in Nigeria, it's just wishful thinking. In civilised societies that have invested in ICT infrastructure and human development they can have such dreams, not in Nigeria.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by Simplyleo: 7:25am On Sep 10, 2019
EkunKekere:
EXACTLY. These idiots love making grandiose claims which they can NEVER back up with either facts or achievements.

This moronic administration has for the last 2 years budgeted more for building cattle settlements and RUGA than it has for science and technology.

They can't even get basic education right, but they're bragging about making IT a revenue generator as if it's the same thing as producing fura de nunu.
Coming back with the alt following the sanctioning of the other for breaking rules right?

Noted and patiently waiting once again as you desperately try getting my attention and still end up breaking the rule again.

Bye for now.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:07am On Sep 10, 2019
Simplyleo:

Because there are no achievements of his for you to post, if there was any his lapdog's like you would have posted it here since.
You're free to ass-lick anyone its your choice but don't try to propagate misinformation and lies.
Have a nice day.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by Simplyleo: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2019
[s]
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Because there are no achievements of his for you to post, if there was any his lapdog's like you would have posted it here since.
You're free to ass-lick anyone its your choice but don't try to propagate misinformation and lies.
Have a nice day.
[/s]
It is either you don't have data to watch the video or you actually did but nothing to dispute, hence the empty ramblings.

However, one thing is sure, he is not igbo, hence the pain.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:38am On Sep 10, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
It is either you don't have data to watch the video or you actually did but nothing to dispute, hence the empty ramblings.

However, one thing is sure, he is not igbo, hence the pain.

All these long sermon simply because i asked you to list just 1 or 2 of his achievements as DG.
Okay let's assume i don't have data to watch it, can you kindly post 2 of the achievements he mentioned at the Senate screening here.
If not that makes you a liar and an idiot.
Re: Minister Optimistic ICT Will Lead Contribution To Nigeria’s GDP by Simplyleo: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2019
[s]
MASTERCHIEF0847:

All these long sermon simply because i asked you to list just 1 or 2 of his achievements as DG.
Okay let's assume i don't have data to watch it, can you kindly post 2 of the achievements he mentioned at the Senate screening here.
If not that makes you a liar and an idiot.
[/s]
Lol.

The "long sermon" becomes neccessary because of some pessimistic social media hate-filled elements whose goals & joy in life is strictly about bad news for the country.

As for posting his achievements that is already on the internet for you, be rest assured I won't waste time on that nonsense because in the first place, your advise is for him to head an Islamic organisation even though his official academic background is in ICT. Though he is incompetent since he is not igbo. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Wants To Leave APC / Violent Crimes Reduce Across Nigeria – IGP Adamu / Dangote, Adesina, Others Get New Appointment [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.