Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

What The New President Must Do Urgently - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The New President Must Do Urgently (910 Views)

Nigerians Disenchanted As New President ‘too Slow’ - THE WASHINGTON TIMES / Why It Is Incorrect To Say President Must Appoint 37 Ministers - Festus Keyamo / Atiku Condemns Attack On Jonathan: "Office Of The President Must Be Respected" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The New President Must Do Urgently by champredd(m): 12:49pm On May 17, 2007
He must suspend Oil exploration and drilling in the Niger Delta and order the Oil companies to clean-up the environment, because the environment is badly polluted by spillages and gas flaring. In Alaska BP recently suspended all operations due to a pipeline leak. The same should be done in Niger Delta. If it can not be done at once it can be done in phases.

And it would also provide some jobs for the local people because they must be involved and it must be mandated by the government.
Re: What The New President Must Do Urgently by Backslider(m): 12:53pm On May 17, 2007
Go and check the amount of power they have and what they have used it for.

I think there should be Education for the Citizen that is all. The Governors have a lot of power Infact they have so much money they can cause alot of havoc now
Re: What The New President Must Do Urgently by champredd(m): 1:16pm On May 17, 2007
They may have the money but they continue to accuse the federal government whenever anything goes wrong, once more power is delegated to them to oversee how their states resources in being exploited there would be less violence (like in the oil-producing states) the militants will only have to attack their governors since they would be the ones negotiating directly with the oil companies on how the exploration and production will improve the lives of the state indigenes.
Re: What The New President Must Do Urgently by angel101(f): 2:23pm On May 17, 2007
Backslider:

Go and check the amount of power they have and what they have used it for.

I think there should be Education for the Citizen that is all. The Governors have a lot of power Infact they have so much money they can cause alot of havoc now

it does not reduce the power or money being held in the centre. and in any case i believe it should be a matter of responsibility. let the people know who is responsible for them and whoever that is should be accesible to the people. i would say it's a fantastic idea if it can be implemented.
Re: What The New President Must Do Urgently by youngies(m): 1:32pm On May 18, 2007
The new president has only one thing to do.

He should as a matter on urgent national importance get a life. He should get a brand new pair of lungs and kidneys to function properly as a human being. If not I forsee Mr. Jonathan having a goodluck on that exalted seat. cheesy cheesy
Re: What The New President Must Do Urgently by solokay(m): 2:17pm On May 18, 2007
To me the most important thing the new president should do is to solve the problem of Electric Power Supply. Lots of industries are either dead or under producing at an enormous cost due to erratic power supply resulting in lost of Jobs and very high unemployment. If we can have constant power supply in Nigeria, the quality of life of people will improve, cost of goods and services will go down, Unemployment will go down considerably. Once youths are employed, they wont have time for thuggery and other social vices. I am not saying this is the only problem in Nigeria but it is a very big problem.
Re: What The New President Must Do Urgently by solokay(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2007
The new president has only one thing to do.

He should as a matter on urgent national importance get a life. He should get a brand new pair of lungs and kidneys to function properly as a human being. If not I forsee Mr. Jonathan having a goodluck on that exalted seat. Cheesy Cheesy

The people of the South-South would love that. May be then goodluck will be able to solve the Niger delta problem?.
Re: What The New President Must Do Urgently by youngies(m): 2:33pm On May 18, 2007
solokay:

To me the most important thing the new president should do is to solve the problem of Electric Power Supply. Lots of industries are either dead or under producing at an enormous cost due to erratic power supply resulting in lost of Jobs and very high unemployment. If we can have constant power supply in Nigeria, the quality of life of people will improve, cost of goods and services will go down, Unemployment will go down considerably. Once youths are employed, they wont have time for thuggery and other social vices. I am not saying this is the only problem in Nigeria but it is a very big problem.

Nice work plan you have laid out for the new president. But this job is so daunting that it can only be achieved by a healthy person. My prayer is for God to keep him fit.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Music Award: / U Own Ideal On How To Make Nigeria Great / Breaking News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.