Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To (2273 Views)

We Are All Hypocrite: Nobody Really Wants To Separate In This Country / This Fact Will Prove To U That Nobody Can Beat Buhari In Kano State Nt Evn Rmk / Which Of These PDP Men Can Beat Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by ZZ22: 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2019
FarahAideed:
This unrealistic nature of Nigerians is exactly why they have no electricity , no good roads , no pipe borne water ,poor security , hyper poverty , no proper toilets , highest number of children out of school etc . I have come to notice the average Nigerian doesn't have the ability to even know when something is wrong at all .. Is it the 4 rickety alpha jet which are relics from the 80s you want to use and fight south Africa ? Please don't annoy me
the guy once came with one funny topic on how Nigeria is developing fast via Railway. Whatever he takes before creating a topic on Nairaland can as well make you set up an argument on how Buhari can play football better than Messi

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2019
J111333:
Yes, foot soldiers do. Snipers and their spotters do more than drones sef, stop watching too much movies.
No matter the technical strength of militaries, number of foot soldiers still go a long way in determining outcome of wars.

this isn't about movies.....watching from Al Jazeera I figured out more and most US soliders in Afghanistan die due to surprised attacks from Talibans which includes their utilities matching on mines, bomb blast and more

not that the foot soilders go to their creeks and are killed in combat even if they do go it's once in about 20 occurrence. recent peace talk with Talibans was cut short, why? cause some US soliders were killed by Bomb blast planted by Talibans with the intention of killing normal citizens not US forces most attacks are done by drones cause these Talibans lives somewhere Rocky and it ain't a easy fight for US forces so drones come into play
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
xx
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

You read of them by researching international military sources documenting the armaments status of nations.

The fact that you think nations' military hardware are assessed by reading newspaper/media announcements, just shows your level.

Motorpark tout.

Why not leave this thread and go discuss Big Brother or something with your mates?

I'm here to solely treat ur ignorance madness and funny enough most guys here are pointing out ur foolishness

so enjoy hahah grin
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2019
eTECTIV:

It's either u have problems with reading or u have gross comprehension deformity becos even globalfirepower is clear with their stats

Their 'stats' do NOT match your claims of Nigeria's ''weakness''.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
tyup:

I'm here to solely treat ur ignorance madness and funny enough most guys here are pointing out ur foolishness

so enjoy hahah grin

It is no one's fault if air head ignoramuses like you flood a thread out of inferiority complex, desperate to reaffirm your inferiority against professionally sourced evidence to the contrary.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by ZZ22: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2019
Rosskiki:

The ONLY thing that prevents the Nigerian army from obliterating Boko Haram in 5 minutes or less, is the massive civilian casualties that would result from any such an offensive. Being a terrorist group, they melt into civilian society and are therefore difficult to beat without unacceptably high civilian casualties. It is the same reason the US is still fighting the ragtag Taliban 20 years after 9/11
we can't talk if you are this high. Come down to reality so we can engage in meaningful conversation
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 12:01am On Sep 12, 2019
ZZ22:
we can't talk if you are this high. Come down to reality so we can engage in meaningful conversation

You wouldn't know ''reality'' if it walked up to you and punched you in the nose. YOUR ''reality'' is based on zero research, anti-intellectualism and inferiority complex. When last did you read a professional document on world or African militaries, apart from the one I posted? See, IF YOU DON'T READ, STUDY, AND RESEARCH, YOU DON'T KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by FarahAideed: 12:02am On Sep 12, 2019
Rosskiki:

As an educated person, I'll take the assessment of professional military sources like globalfirepower.com any day of the week over uninformed, beer parlour, allergic-to-research, armchair 'analysts' like you.

You are not educated , you have only been brainwashed to think you are courtesy of small school fees your parents paid .

I know you on this forum for having very very poor judgement and thought process and thats why you ca can sit down and support a failed leadership like that of Buhari .. I am product of the Nigerian military inside out , my Dad served in the Nigerian Army and I went to a military school and eventually got into the Nigerian defence academy before I jettisoned it for better life . Na barrack I grow and I happen to be military weapons enthusiast who can tell you for free that Nigerian Army of today does not have a ability to engage South Africa in any war .. first and foremost Nigeria and South Africa are thousands of miles apart and don't share any near bother meaning any war between both countries will have to be a projection war where at least one of countries involved must have the ability to project war ( only few countries can even do this ) . Projecting war is very expensive as you must have the hardware , training , logistics and wealth to do it , Nigeria has zero ability to project war to anywhere ( do you think Nigeria has the ability to move 50 thousand fighting men along with critical hardware and supplies across thousands of miles to south Africa and the be able to sustain the supply chain over that distance to keep the men furnished for survival?) Hell No ..so in case of war between Nigeria and South Africa it's the south Africans that have the ability to even attempt to project war to our shores , they have :

The wealth

The know how

The logistics

The hardware

The training

To be able to project war to us in the first place ( I don't know how long they can sustain it though) . You need to learn a lot about warfare and what it entails before you use your poor judgement to say rubbish man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by FarahAideed: 12:02am On Sep 12, 2019
ZZ22:
the guy once came with one funny topic on how Nigeria is developing fast via Railway. Whatever he takes before creating a topic on Nairaland can as well make you set up an argument on how Buhari can play football better than Messi

Exactly grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 12:03am On Sep 12, 2019
Rosskiki:

It is no one's fault if air head ignoramuses like you flood a thread out of inferiority complex, desperate to reaffirm your inferiority against professionally sourced evidence to the contrary.

it's not inferiority complex I just decided not to swim in lies and wallow in ignorance the way ur doing

plus you've got no evidence just basically belly filled false hope

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by tyup(m): 12:07am On Sep 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

You are not educated , you have only been brainwashed to think you are courtesy of small school fees your parents paid .

I know you on this forum for having very very poor judgement and thought process and thats why you ca can sit down and support a failed leadership like that of Buhari .. I am product of the Nigerian military inside out , my Dad served in the Nigerian Army and I went to a military school and eventually got into the Nigerian defence academy before I jettisoned it for better life . Na barrack I grow and I happen to be military weapons enthusiast who can tell you for free that Nigerian Army of today does not have a ability to engage South Africa in any war .. first and foremost Nigeria and South Africa are thousands of miles apart and don't share any near bother meaning any war between both countries will have to be a projection war where at least one of countries involved must have the ability to project war ( only few countries can even do this ) . Projecting war is very expensive as you must have the hardware , training , logistics and wealth to do it , Nigeria has zero ability to project war to anywhere ( do you think Nigeria has the ability to move 50 thousand fighting men along with critical hardware and supplies across thousands of miles to south Africa and the be able to sustain the supply chain over that distance to keep the men furnished for survival?) Hell No ..so in case of war between Nigeria and South Africa it's the south Africans that have the ability to even attempt to project war to our shores , they have :

The wealth

The know how

The logistics

The hardware

The training

To be able to project war to us in the first place ( I don't know how long they can sustain it though) . You need to learn a lot about warfare and what it entails before you use your poor judgement to say rubbish man

please beat ignorance out of that Rosskiki dead brain jare
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

The wealth

The know how

The logistics

The hardware

The training

Anybody can come online and claim they were in the Nigerian military, including insolent riffraff like you. I do not believe you for a single second. Plus you are a liar in claiming Nigeria has not deployed troops far from its borders. If anything Nigeria has far more experience of this than South Africa as stated in my first post. PLUS I stated that Nigeria would seek out allies in a fight, something you and other airheads here conveniently ignored.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by NGRsenate: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2019
J111333:
Yes, foot soldiers do. Snipers and their spotters do more than drones sef, stop watching too much movies.
No matter the technical strength of militaries, number of foot soldiers still go a long way in determining outcome of wars.

What will you call all the gear the foot soldiers use?

How do they collect intel? Or do you think soldiers just go out and start shooting people with tattoos or dreadlocks?

Do you know what an aircraft carrier is?

Do you know that satellites in space can be classified as weapons?

Have you heard about nuclear warheads or ICBMS?

Wars today can be fought without ever having to deploy foot soldiers

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 12, 2019
With all the Russian and Syrian firepower , which included modern aircraft and missiles , it took years before the Syrian army could conquer the major Syrian cities , and in some cases after conquering , they lost ground almost immediately. Who is South Africa ?

Secondly , just as Syria in a war situation purchased more modern military hardware , is the same way that any country such as Nigeria will purchase more military hardware to support the war efforts.

Nigerian soldiers are better trained, more hardened in battle, more strategic in planning and have more experience than the SA army. It is common knowledge, even among military novices that no amount of missile attacks or bombing from the air can in themselves win a war, at some point you are going to have to send in the boots on the ground to take over territory which is when the real war begins , in close combat.

We can argue that SA is lucky that they do not share a common border with Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Rosskiki: 12:14am On Sep 12, 2019
tyup:

it's not inferiority complex I just decided not to swim in lies and wallow in ignorance the way ur doing

plus you've got no evidence just basically belly filled false hope

What other 'evidence' do you need than the global military ranking that places Nigeria 4th in Africa and SA at 3rd?

That stat alone means we CAN defeat South Africa with a good strategy in place. The difference between the two nations militarily is simply NOT as wide as you people make it out to be.

The two nations are CLOSELY MATCHED MILITARILY by global professional military sources with multi-million dollar research budgets.

But somehow we must ignore them and believe YOU, whose only 'research' of the Nigerian military is drinking peppersoup near a barracks.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 12, 2019
NGRsenate:

How do they collect intel? Or do you think soldiers just go out and start shooting people with tattoos or dreadlocks?

Back to reality

SA do not have ICMBs or Nuclear weapons and they certainly do not have an aircraft carrier.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 12, 2019
NGRsenate:

Oga, if you are done mentioning everything under "technical strength of a military" than I mentioned before, let me know so that I can re emphasize my stand on the need for a well sizeable number of military personnel in wars. Guns and other ammo don't fire themselves, humans fire them. No country does show of force without showing the size of its military personnel for a reason. Today in the US, one can't get work in any govt dept or agency without serving in the military or registered with selective service which shows they need humans more than guns. I'm done biko, I no get strength to argue. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by NGRsenate: 12:30am On Sep 12, 2019
frosbel2:

Back to reality

SA do not have ICMBs or Nuclear weapons and they certainly do not have an aircraft carrier.

I’m talking of nations who have recently been warring.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by NGRsenate: 12:41am On Sep 12, 2019
J111333:
Oga, if you are done mentioning everything under "technical strength of a military" than I mentioned before, let me know so that I can re emphasize my stand on the need for a well sizeable number of military personnel in wars. Guns and other ammo don't fire themselves, humans fire them. No country does show of force without showing the size of its military personnel for a reason. Today in the US, one can't get work in any govt dept or agency without serving in the military or registered with selective service which shows they need humans more than guns. I'm done biko, I no get strength to argue. undecided

Omo na you sabi. Major general lieutenant corporal, I no know who follow you argue
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 12, 2019
FarahAideed:

The wealth

The know how

The logistics

The hardware

The training

The more you attempt to sound intelligent the more ignorant you appear. Your are using bother instead of Border? Olodo. To the topic, is it self-hating Nigerians and IPOBian nitwits like you who will hand victory to South Africa in what would be a complex conflict many nations may be compelled to take sides over? Not too sure a xenophobic nation adjudged to have done wrong to others would see many nation siding with her or quick to endorse her discriminatory and intolerant behaviour that led to a Nation standing its ground to engage her in conflict.

You simpletons don't appreciate the international relations side of conflict. You ignorantly think nations just fight and others will simply watch without understanding that Countries may join to support who they feel is right against wrongdoers which would clearly be SA in this case and as we have seen with many wars and conflicts in the history of the world. We will see how many will rush to support a killer xenophobe nation targeting their fellow Africans brutally with lynching and barbaric summary execution. I am sure Gambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Ghana et al will become allies of SA to supply weapons and personnel to her. Mumu IPOBians and redundant logic

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by koboko69: 1:16am On Sep 12, 2019
FarahAideed:
This unrealistic nature of Nigerians is exactly why they have no electricity , no good roads , no pipe borne water ,poor security , hyper poverty , no proper toilets , highest number of children out of school etc . I have come to notice the average Nigerian doesn't have the ability to even know when something is wrong at all .. Is it the 4 rickety alpha jet which are relics from the 80s you want to use and fight south Africa ? Please don't annoy me

Why have you sworn to remain everlastingly bitter? You will die of bitterness ooo cheesy
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by wingmanII: 3:23am On Sep 12, 2019
Corrupt, undisciplined Nigerian army can only beat unarmed civilians.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by makeitijn: 5:12am On Sep 12, 2019
The only African country that ever had a nuclear weapons was SOUTH AFRICA. AND THEY STILL REMAIN the only African country using nuclear powered reactors to generate electricity.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Efewestern: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2019
tyup:

so you still believe wars in this 21st century are fought with foot soliders??

you need a rethink or an update on that

Do not let anyone deceive you, wars are still fought with foot soldiers. Drones, sophisticated weapons, etc only give you a great advantage over your enemy. In fact with all these weapons, you can still be defeated if you engage a well organised and highly motivated troops. Real life is different from movies.

This topic is useless, it's not possible for Nigeria to fight South Africa, the battle will be an expensive one, and neither SA or Nigeria has the resources to sustain such battle. The distance alone should tell any right thinking individual that it's not possible for both countries to engage in combat.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by MKULTRA: 7:04am On Sep 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by orisa37: 7:11am On Sep 12, 2019
Religiously, only The Arabs threaten to fight in this modern day. Nigeria is no Arab Country. Nigeria reserves the Miracle Power to curse The Fix-Tree serving as obstacle in her w a y. SA doesn't understand nothing yet about Nigeria. So are other African Countries. Ignore SA a little, and she will soon learn her lesson.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by bigpicture001: 7:13am On Sep 12, 2019
South africa has atomic bomb oooo if u dont know..dey are a nuclear power
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by dgitrader(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2019
Ogogoro comparism. The OP is a dreamer
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2019
Nigeria can not fight South Africa,we don't have the capability to transport our troops to their country,we don't have a missile defense system,we don't have modern plane capable of flying half way there,we don't have a single aircraft carrier,we don't have a single submarine.Who ever think we can fight any country,that person is dreaming.
Re: Nigeria Can Beat South Africa Militarily If She Really Wants To by Nigeria2040: 7:47am On Sep 12, 2019
Rosskiki:

If wars are not fought with foot soldiers what is the US doing with thousands of troops in Afghanistan and Iraq as we speak? Not to mention their military bases in Europe and the Pacific which house tens of thousands of soldiers?
That is not a full blown war, they are just tackling islamic militants and avoiding damaging properties and innocent persons

(1) (2) (Reply)

With Me Onboard, APC Will Take Over Anambra In 2022 – Chekwas Okorie / This Is What Saw In Edo State "We Have God The Father Not God Father " / Story Of Many Killed By One Sars Officer Within Four Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.