Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings (7785 Views)

Jonathan Did Not Squander $67bn Reserves – Okonjo-iweala / Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend / Secrets Of How To Fill U S Visa Lottery And Be Successful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Mobinga: 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2010
Easy Money Goes Away Easily
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by zaza1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
so many people here mouthing off about vision etc. like they would do any better, what do you expect a barber to do with 1 million naira? shocked shocked, knowing the type of background he would have and the number of problems he and his family might have been facing, i doubt if the money was even enough, vision ko vision ni, Nigerians always feel smart, talking sh*t on N/L
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2010
1 million naira is not a lot but it can uplift a poor man,if used wisely.He can set up a small retail business with that amount
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by buzugee(m): 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
zaza1:

so many people here mouthing off about vision etc. like they would do any better, what do you expect a barber to do with 1 million naira? shocked shocked, knowing the type of background he would have and the number of problems he and his family might have been facing, i doubt if the money was even enough, vision ko vision ni, Nigerians always feel smart, talking excreta on N/L
the only vision they have is at the bottom of a gulder bottle.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by iyatrustee(f): 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2010
yes N1million may not be a whole lot of Money. but to that kind of person that won it, it is a huge sum that should have changed his life forever. but men! i can imagine how him go don arrange all him barber friend bottles of [b]17.59 apart from the commision wey him go don pay him family members cos every body go get problem for him to solve [ cool cool cool
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Ranoscky(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2010
For those of u sayin one million is too small for one to start a life, then i think u guys stil under parental care.

Are sayin that if you'r workin on a job of 5,000 monthly, and someone (maybe your uncle) gives 1million naira to start a new life, you would see it as a chicken change ? undecided  Do you know many people that are millionaires with just N100,000 ? undecided

Well, i no blame una sha, maybe na peeps like una the OP dey talk about, you guys need to get a pair of ballz, REALLY !!!
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by monopolist: 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2010
EASY COME EASY GO
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by jaybee3(m): 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2010
Because they can grin grin grin
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Ikedonn(m): 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2010
Well ,1 million  naira is a lot of money.I actually started my upstair  with 1.09million naira excluding land and blocks in the village and i build it above window  level before proceeding to decking and others.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by sammirano: 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
Basics007:

Easy come easy go

hadly chase
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by joshua112: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2010
what do you expect,they called it lottery so don't expect much from a lottery winnings
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by iamlone(f): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2010
no vision before/after the money came
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Shinatu: 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
leftone:

been rich starts from the inside.
it just shows they werent equipped to handle the type of money they make.
thats why most yahoo boys dont survive too.
they arent built to handle the money they get.

True

Money managemnt is a skill that is developed gradually in the course of someone's career
Once this skill is not developed as it should,one will remain poor no matter the amount of money that comes once way except one pays for the service of someone who has those skills and allows the person to do what he/she is good at.

It just happens that most people who take time to play the lottery have not been engaged in activities that would make them develop these skills, that is why they have plenty time for lottery playing anyway!
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Intrepid1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
Easy Money Goes Away Easily

Surprising how I agree with you, o 'enemy' of mine!
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Ibomade1: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
In psychology there is what is described as comfort zone, most people build their comfort zone around their monthly salary or whatever they allocate for their upkeep from their business. Any sudden inflow of money often act as a treat to the comfort zone and knowingly or unknowingly actions are taken by the individual to return to the comfort zone (such as purchasing things you do not really need).

It is basically like a knee jerk response because the things that you have lived successfully without having for years will suddenly become a must have item. Hence, the person goes back to their state of rest. This can be back to poverty or his/her original financial state.

Classic Example:  Mr Michael Carroll a.k.a Lotto Lout

This is the Miseducation of Professor Ibo-made  grin grin grin
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by tfASH: 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2010
It is because he lacks the skills needed to manage such amount of money. It is as simply as that, he must be a pro at managing few thousands.

Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by kabukabu50(m): 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
I just need one of these to complete my world domination grin grin grin

Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by kabukabu50(m): 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
or perhaps this,

Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by kabukabu50(m): 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2010
to get more of these,

Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by udeze(m): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2010
Simply because the money was made in an easy way, there was no stress, oftentimes, it is because they lack the skills to manage the money, they will first feel that the money is so huge that it can never finish
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Exponental(m): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2010
Octopus: A film of James Bond
He said [size=29pt]EASY COME, EASY GO[/size]   which I believe to be true
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by achinu(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2010
The #1 reason a lot of lottery winners loose their fortune is that they are mentally not millionaires. Wealth is first of all; a state of mind! "if you win a million bucks you better hurry up & become a millionaire mentally or else you will go back to level of income that matches your mental/ personal state of mind.
The same reason why a lot of athletes,entertainers e.t.c that have made a boat load of money during their carriers end up in the poor-house after their carriers end, The list is endless, and it crosses all social & ethnic line
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by seanlaw(m): 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2010
@jerl all you need do is to apply for a waiver on your account. the #200 is for "upcountry transfer" (what they call it).
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by nethacker(m): 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
because he is possessed grin grin
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by thosedays: 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2010
SMART POEPLE DONT PLAY LOTTERY, wink
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Jezzybrown(m): 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
it aint alway true cos i have an uncle in lagos that started his business wit 1 million he won from lottery and he is really hitting it hard now. So don't tell me EASY COME EASY GO cos thats crap. Easy Go for lazy people.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by strangest(m): 10:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
easy come, easy go,
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by dayokanu(m): 10:53pm On Oct 29, 2010
First thing, He would want to live all his fantasies and by the time he does that, he is back to where he started
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by suxes2005(m): 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2010
He nids to show his peeps dat he
has arrived

SHALOM
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Mobinga: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2010
Intrepid!:

Surprising how I agree with you, o 'enemy' of mine!
Nah we cool cool
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Outstrip(f): 12:53am On Oct 30, 2010
Easy come, easy go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Annoying Nairalander And Why? / "ale Ariwo" Yoruba Movie With Funsho Adeolu And Lola Alao / Who Is The Cutest Male And Female Nairalander?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.